Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like the one where Yoshi is in jail for tax fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I found it! I forgot it was specifically for the GBA version.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2683354-super-mario-advance

E: also I want to read the one that looks to be about Peach getting into sewer basketball, to Mario's dismay.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

people are mad about TLoU2 because it's an unnecessary sequel that people were already worried about because of all the press regarding it's theme (which has the finesse of a battle-axe) and the gameplay mechanics that are designed to make you feel bad in a cheap way, and then the leaks came out and confirmed suspicions about the tone and direction

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Video games push escapist fantasies, like secure employment

I spent more time at my last job than I had at any institution since elementary school, and at least half of that time was spent desperately trying to leave it. But I did eventually move on to something better, so you can too!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Turns out the combat in Indivisible is actually pretty fun if you find a YouTube video explaining it. They needed way more/better tutorials in-game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PantsBandit posted:

Turns out the combat in Indivisible is actually pretty fun if you find a YouTube video explaining it. They needed way more/better tutorials in-game.

See also every single Platinum game.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just looked at a playthrough of Indivisible and it looks like a cool turn-based game. I remember watching some kind of anime trailer and thinking it was going to be a bad platformer or something

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

e:

quote:

Something Sinister is Afoot

When Princess Toadstool tries on a new pair of red hightopped sneakers, the shoes suddenly dash from the room with the Princess still in them. Her highness has been kidnapped by Ludwig von Koopa to star in his basketball ballet. Unless Mario and Luigi rescue the Princess, she will be doomed to a life of dribbles and dunks.

As in all Nintendo Adventure Books, you control the action. Only you can make the choices that allow Mario and Luigi to outplay Ludwig von Koopa and rescue the Princess. Help them crack codes, solve puzzles, conquer mazes, and subdue enemies. You and the Mario Bros. must outwit the Koopas at their own game-or go down in final defeat!

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 11, 2020

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I just looked at a playthrough of Indivisible and it looks like a cool turn-based game. I remember watching some kind of anime trailer and thinking it was going to be a bad platformer or something

It's a Valkyrie Profile clone so it's both.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

It's a Valkyrie Profile clone so it's both.

I never played those so it's a fresh concept for me

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The devs behind my current front runner for goty, Lena's inception, just announced a new project.

It's a monster capturing rpg that looks like it's include some of the fusion mechanics from smt. It has cute art instead of horny art tho so no one will care

https://twitter.com/ByttenStudio/status/1259857204741574658?s=19

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 11, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh man, sequel to Mario Odyssey is looking awesome.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I had those

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

SeXReX posted:

The devs behind my current front runner for goty, Lena's inception, just announced a new project.

It's a monster capturing rpg that looks like it's include some of the fusion mechanics from smt. It has cute art instead of horny art tho so no one will care

this single shot is intriguing enough to me to have me very curious

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I still own my Mario CYOA books. I had tons of them as a kid and I would read them through again and again making different choices. I think this is why I replay video games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wait what???

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
VideoGames, can you confirm/deny whether Princess Peach Toadstool is, at this current moment in time, a centenarian?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1259842196133556226

announcing an announcement for Something Awful dot com's 2019 GOTY

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SeXReX posted:

i'm glad the yiik guy is giving it another go despite it all

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The second most recent Destiny 2 expansion has a lore card in the form of a CYOA that's a lot of fun, it's about getting caught in a fight between two entities that can both manipulate time and causality, presented as a warped version of the social hub area, that may also just be a stream of consciousness braindump from a stressed-out NPC having a breakdown.

You can read it here but it won't make a whole lot of sense without playing through the surrounding storylines (or, frankly, with playing through them)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1259842196133556226

announcing an announcement for Something Awful dot com's 2019 GOTY

I was so confused by this tweet at first, but it turns out the Disco Elysium devs are talking about an event on June 6 that is basically E3 for indie developers. So they are going to be announcing a new video game they are working on.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I said come in! posted:

I was so confused by this tweet at first, but it turns out the Disco Elysium devs are talking about an event on June 6 that is basically E3 for indie developers. So they are going to be announcing a new video game they are working on.

more likely that it's DLC for Disco Elysium, especially as the console ports are still in development. I doubt they'd be ready to announce a new game this soon

anyway, Ubisoft has their own not-E3 event

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1259876577506136064

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should really just be calling these things Nintendo Directs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

stux if you're around i just wanted to let you know since we talked about guitar stuff the other night i spent a bunch of money on guitar parts i hope you're happy because i'm super excited

to guitar is divine... goongrats

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

They should really just be calling these things Nintendo Directs

Given Nintendo's Not Invented Here approach to pretty much everything related to the Internet, it's pretty crazy that they were years ahead of the rest of the industry on that front

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the only good thing about e3 was it being comically inept and funny, now everyones just doing very sober seperate things its just adverts with nothing to laugh at

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think I actively hate these events?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

the only good thing about e3 was it being comically inept and funny, now everyones just doing very sober seperate things its just adverts with nothing to laugh at

Yeah pretaped PR sizzle reels offer far less cringe than the chaos of actual pressers

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLwfLIPYjxE

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I like watching livestreamed announcement events even if they’re prerecorded :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

E3-likes are just so... anti-art

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just want to see gameplay trailers for cool games. if they feel like they need to do a big presentation for them for the sake of their shareholders, go crazy, I don't care

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

more likely that it's DLC for Disco Elysium, especially as the console ports are still in development. I doubt they'd be ready to announce a new game this soon

anyway, Ubisoft has their own not-E3 event

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1259876577506136064

That feels so far away before we finally get more info about AC Valhalla.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to see a Beyond Good and Evil 2 presentation that's not materially different from the ones they put out three years ago

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Can't wait to see a Beyond Good and Evil 2 presentation that's not materially different from the ones they put out three years ago

I can't get over how UBISoft asked fans to create art assets for the game, and wouldn't pay them for their work or give them credit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

I can't get over how UBISoft asked fans to create art assets for the game, and wouldn't pay them for their work or give them credit.

Oh, that's Joseph Gordon-Levitt's entire thing now. If you look at his Twitter, literally every tweet he makes is begging people for free work.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

VideoGames, can you confirm/deny whether Princess Peach Toadstool is, at this current moment in time, a centenarian?

I never got pipe down :( It was the book fair in my quaint little English hamlet so not much stock and I got Double Trouble, Doors to Doom, Koopa Capers and Dinosaur Dilemma. I always wanted to read pipe down because basketball is my favourite sport and princess toadstool doing bball was so cool to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I never got pipe down :( It was the book fair in my quaint little English hamlet so not much stock and I got Double Trouble, Doors to Doom, Koopa Capers and Dinosaur Dilemma. I always wanted to read pipe down because basketball is my favourite sport and princess toadstool doing bball was so cool to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG-nA5vnvzQ&t=90s

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I said come in! posted:

That feels so far away before we finally get more info about AC Valhalla.

could be news at another digital event before then, wouldn't be shocked (though I would guess not Sony's PS5 event(s), since they seem to have a comarketing deal with MS for Valhalla)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am the physical manifestation of this picture upon clicking play on this video: