Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
This looks cute as hell, might check it out during my upcoming leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-A0yXP50d4

But then again, I've gotten the Satisfactory itch again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Hardspace: Shipbreaker just popped up in my YouTube feed, and seems like it might scratch a very specific do-work-after-work itch:

https://youtu.be/yZJzh687sgU

Plus I think the whole creating physics objects on the fly thing is pretty neat.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk

post your top 5 dos games

i wanna see some weird ones lets go

Pirates!
Hero's Quest aka Quest for Glory 1
Heretic 1 (in my opinion, the dynamically adjusting maps in Heretic 1 make it 200% better than Doom 1 in SP + MP)
Curse of the Azure Bonds
System Shock 1

just missed the cut-off:
Chuck Yeager Advanced Flight Simulator Trainer
A-10 Tank Killer
Stellar 7
Crescent Hawks Inception
Doom 1

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Magic carpet

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
When I was a kid I played the gently caress outta the Aladdin & Lion King games.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
this was incredibly my jam as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDh9kdFwVUU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just finished Subnautica. That game was excellent, good mix of survival, horror, and building/crafting. Running the sub in silent-mode so a gigantic sea-beastie doesn't bite it in half has a feeling all its own :stonklol:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I started playing WoW :smith:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
lmbo if you still give money to blizzard

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Deathy McDeath posted:

Elder Scrolls Online is a better game. Been playing with my wife and some friends from my Everquest days.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ded posted:

lmbo if you still give money to blizzard

There's a free version that let's you play until level 20

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ded posted:

lmbo if you still give money to anyone

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Sony refunded my TLOU2 preorder because of uncertainty around the release date right after they announced a certain release date.

So my run of never preordering a game is still in tact!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Deathy McDeath posted:

FF14 is significantly better and actually gets better each expansion, unlike wow.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if you must play an mmo play ffxiv

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if you must play an mmo play ffxiv

yeah idk why people bother with WOW when 14 exists, naivety I guess. Every review of FFXIV is “used to play WOW/better version of WOW.” I was surprised at how engaging the story got

I haven’t played in a while, but definitely the most wholesome of goons. Tbh: never had a bad time playing video games with goons. Really easy to quite literally instantly get a full group to help you through early level poo poo if you’re just starting out, almost at any time of the day

I hadn’t done some main dungeon raid that was about a 2-3 hour haul. People tripped over themselves to help, and we planned it for a Friday night and did VOIP. Super fun

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 11, 2020

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah idk why people bother with WOW when 14 exists, naivety I guess. Every review of FFXIV is “used to play WOW/better version of WOW.” I was surprised at how engaging the story got

I haven’t played in a while, but definitely the most wholesome of goons. Tbh: never had a bad time playing video games with goons. Really easy to quite literally instantly get a full group to help you through early level poo poo if you’re just starting out, almost at any time of the day

I hadn’t done some main dungeon raid that was about a 2-3 hour haul. Like eight people tripped over themselves to hell and we planned it for a Friday night and did VOIP. Super fun

I just started playing as the quarantine started and this is the same experience I've had playing the game. It is a much better video game!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

WoW is so good that they re-released the version from 15 years ago because people are so satisfied with how it evolved!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if you must play an mmo don't

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I hadn’t done some main dungeon raid that was about a 2-3 hour haul. People tripped over themselves to help, and we planned it for a Friday night and did VOIP. Super fun

The FFXIV community in general is pretty great. I've had like 1 or 2 bad experiences with pubbies in 80+ hours of playing. The way the game handles dungeons and raids makes it super easy to group up with people and knock them out with minimal fuss, and high level players like helping newbies with tough raids because they get cosmetics and stuff out of it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

If you must play an MMO don’t

I get that but tbh FF14 seemed more like a social circle hangout for most while they did work or farted around the house. Talking about their day and poo poo. People seemingly spend more time just randomly having banter and showing off their mounts/emotes than doing anything in the game

Absolutely not saying this like it’s a bad thing mind you

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 11, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the leveling is way better than wow

the worlds are way way better than wow

raids and dungeons are better than wow

the music is fuckin rad as gently caress compared to wow

idk like i get the mmo urge every now and again, i reinstall ffxiv and buy a month when it happens and its been enough lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Woofer posted:

Sony refunded my TLOU2 preorder because of uncertainty around the release date right after they announced a certain release date.

So my run of never preordering a game is still in tact!

Sounds like they did you a favor given how hateful and anti-LGBT the story apparently is

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Do tell

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Big change is that your main character that you play is Trans, who is looking for revenge for the killing of family members in the first one.

Twitter and YouTube are on fire about it as usual

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the leveling is way better than wow

the worlds are way way better than wow

raids and dungeons are better than wow

the music is fuckin rad as gently caress compared to wow

idk like i get the mmo urge every now and again, i reinstall ffxiv and buy a month when it happens and its been enough lol

lol if you wait long enough they always throw free trials at former members

Gotta say having one character where switching weapons changes your class is dope. Not saying they pioneered the idea, but it is nice

Not sure how the FFXIV trial is but before it used to be x amount of hours. Now I think they let you bring any character to level 30 or some such? You still have the buy the base game though

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

.....what's anti-LGBT about that? Sounds like a fairly big standard revenge plot?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Big change is that your main character that you play is Trans, who is looking for revenge for the killing of family members in the first one.

Twitter and YouTube are on fire about it as usual

Ellie is trans now? That doesn't really scan with *any* of the trailers but okay. Not sure how trans is anti-LGBT.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

There wasn't any suggestion of it in the first game was there?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There wasn't any suggestion of it in the first game was there?

Ellie is gay, or at least that was the case.

Edit: found it SPOILER ALERT don't read past like the first paragraph of this link if you are worried about TLOU2 spoilers.

Quick and dirty, one of the new protags is trans, but Ellie is not.

https://www.sausageroll.com.au/entertainment/games/the-last-of-us-2-villains-are-reportedly-homophobic-christians/

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 11, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Ellie is gay, or at least that was the case.

Edit: found it SPOILER ALERT don't read past like the first paragraph of this link if you are worried about TLOU2 spoilers.

Quick and dirty, one of the new protags is trans, but Ellie is not.

https://www.sausageroll.com.au/entertainment/games/the-last-of-us-2-villains-are-reportedly-homophobic-christians/

Uh...... was that established? I don't remember even a hint of her sexuality

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Trailers for the new game, yes.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Uh...... was that established? I don't remember even a hint of her sexuality

In the DLC.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don’t see it as being an issue but if they’re retro actively injecting poo poo like Dumbledore being gay even though it was never hinted or alluded to imma laugh. Cause that poo poo just comes off as a virtue signal, or dare I say, viral marketing!

Or maybe her becoming is part of the story idk

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Pretty sure it's an integral component of the story there champ

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Woofer posted:

In the DLC.

Oh, I never played it

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Oh, I never played it

It’s short. I recommend it if you enjoyed the main game.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not gonna lie, I got the most joy out of setting fire to everything like some kind of post-plague Sherman

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Pretty sure it's an integral component of the story there champ

Are you making GBS threads on him for not knowing it was integral to the original (which it wasn't) or to the sequel (which isn't even released)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Godholio posted:

Are you making GBS threads on him for not knowing it was integral to the original (which it wasn't) or to the sequel (which isn't even released)?

You can read the plot of TLOU2 online. I don’t know if he’s right or wrong but I think it’s possible to comment on TLOU2 if you’ve read spoilers.

Please don’t though because I’m still gonna buy it.