Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Chokes McGee posted:

How do you know they're not the same person?

Well, DT just seems less...gloopy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

How do you know they're not the same person?

DT has far too much pride in their work to pretend to be an incompetent actor.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Darth Walrus posted:

I know it's not what you meant but this sounds like a really catty backhand complement :haw:

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Tei posted:

I wish Cathia and Antonia where friends again, they made some sweet BFF. Obviously not what this whole thing is about, but he!.

Oh I always love seeing how show names get localized outside the country of origin. Is that Catra and Adora, I wonder?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

You don't get it, it's the ultimate acting challenge.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Elephant Ambush posted:

Gonna be a long two weeks

It's gonna be a great reward for me. My last test of this semester is Calculus on the 15th, and I have a rough week ahead with two other tests coming up and an assignment for a subject I'm not great in. So having that to binge after all that will be a nice way to relax, and get my mind off the fact I've probably failed at least one subject :smith:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

pentyne posted:

You don't get it, it's the ultimate acting challenge.

I'm sure it is, but I feel like DT would hate the experience too much to give it a go for any extended length of time.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I would never Skip Intro this show, too cute. I respect that it's there overall. I do think it's funny it *always* pops up, regardless of show. For example, by the time I move my mouse to hypothetically hit "Skip Intro" on Better Call Saul it would already be over!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m trying to remember the show I was watching that had the [Skip Intro] thing for a really short one, and it worked out longer to press it and have the show load up from after the jump than to just let it play. It wasn’t BCS.

I also skipped the Voltron intro because I always felt the theme music wasn’t particularly good (unlike the in episode score, which was amazing.)

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

For every show except for BCS, I watch the theme song again at the start of a half-season or when a new batch of episodes comes out, then skip it for the rest of the episodes in the batch, unless I'm doing something like adjusting the volume and turning closed captioning on while it plays

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

atomicgeek posted:

Oh I always love seeing how show names get localized outside the country of origin. Is that Catra and Adora, I wonder?

No really, I am just bad at names. Sorry \/o\/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

galenanorth posted:

For every show except for BCS, I watch the theme song again at the start of a half-season or when a new batch of episodes comes out, then skip it for the rest of the episodes in the batch, unless I'm doing something like adjusting the volume and turning closed captioning on while it plays

Of the many things I won't miss about marvel Netflix, having to constantly mash skip intro to make it watchable is near the top

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Is anyone else suddenly very worried for Spinnerella? She's not in the trailer much (if at all) and Netossa is crying :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/dreamworksshera/status/1258064054645518343

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Very gay.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yes hello, I got a page??

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Is that First Ones language? What does it say?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pyrotoad posted:

Is that First Ones language? What does it say?

Very gay.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Gay Prime

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
New teaser clip!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I love the She-Ra theme, it reminds me of 80s themes in a really good way.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9l0Nh4U8x0

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I love the dinner with a bad guy cliche so much :allears:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That's quite a contrast to the Horde's ration bars.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Catra's subtle reactions in that clip are awesome.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
If some one gave me a time machine that could only be used to change trivial pop culture stuff I would use it to make Hugo Martin the show runner of the new He-Man series instead of Kevin Smith. Personally, I am not very excited for this project but the voice acting cast is ridiculously stacked, they got big name just to play Skeletor's henchmen. Just look at it:

Chris Wood - Prince Adam / He-Man
Mark Hamill - Skeletor
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Teela
Liam Cunningham - Man-At-Arms
Lena Headey - Evil-Lyn
Diedrich Bader - King Randor and Trap Jaw
Alicia Silverstone - Queen Marlena
Stephen Root - Cringer
Griffin Newman - Orko
Susan Eisenberg - Sorceress
Kevin Michael Richardson - Beast Man
Kevin Conroy - Mer-Man
Henry Rollins - Tri-Klops
Jason Mewes - Stinkor
Alan Oppenheimer - Moss Man
Justin Long - Roboto
Tony Todd - Scare Glow
Phil LaMarr - He-Ro
Cree Summer - Priestess
Harley Quinn Smith - Ileena
Tiffany Smith - Andra

side_burned fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 11, 2020

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Man, there isn't even the pretense of civility. He's just twisting the knife.

...I kind of love it. You don't get that many villains that you just love to hate nowadays.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

side_burned posted:

If some one gave me a time machine that could only be used to change trivial pop culture stuff I would use it to make Hugo Martin the show runner of the new He-Man series instead of Kevin Smith. Personally, I am not very excited for this project but the voice acting cast is ridiculously stacked, they got big name just to play Skeletor's henchmen. Just look at it:

Chris Wood - Prince Adam / He-Man
Mark Hamill - Skeletor
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Teela
Liam Cunningham - Man-At-Arms
Lena Headey - Evil-Lyn
Diedrich Bader - King Randor and Trap Jaw
Alicia Silverstone - Queen Marlena
Stephen Root - Cringer
Griffin Newman - Orko
Susan Eisenberg - Sorceress
Kevin Michael Richardson - Beast Man
Kevin Conroy - Mer-Man
Henry Rollins - Tri-Klops
Jason Mewes - Stinkor
Alan Oppenheimer - Moss Man
Justin Long - Roboto
Tony Todd - Scare Glow
Phil LaMarr - He-Ro
Cree Summer - Priestess
Harley Quinn Smith - Ileena
Tiffany Smith - Andra

Kevin Smith called his daughter Harley Quinn. That's something alright.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is it? It's just a name, and they have to come from some where. There's plenty of people named for characters in popular television shows, movies, games, books etc. Why is naming one after a comic book character remarkable? It's not even a new phenomenon, given that people have been naming kids for mythical figures for millenia, and that's basically the same idea.

tsob fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 11, 2020

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I think it's less 'comic book character' and more 'villain'. That said, Harley is a perfectly normal name and I presume Quinn is just her middle name. She probably doesn't go by Harley Quinn in day to day conversation.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I vaguely recall news stories a few years ago about people who'd named their children after a Game of Thrones character, and were becoming horrified at it because of what the character had become. I want to say it was Cersei, but she was pretty vile from the beginning really, so maybe it was Daenerys? Either way, at least Harley Quinn was evil from the off, so he obviously knew what he was getting in to. He's talked about it before on his podcasts, and said that when he started dating his wife, he got her to read a few comics and Harley Quinn was a character she actually liked and said she liked the name of, so it was a mutual decision on their part to name their kid Harley Quinn apparently. Which has obviously worked out a bit for her later in life, because it landed her a gig working for DC for a short while doing a show on their DC streaming app if nothing else.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

tsob posted:

so maybe it was Daenerys?

It was this. She goes full nuts dictator in the final episode.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

It was this. She goes full nuts dictator in the final episode.

Which is awful misogynist "women be crazy and need to be kept in check by men" trash

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
The more I think about the last season of Game of Thrones the more things I find that make confuse me or make me angry. The only other media that has done are the Star Wars prequels.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

tsob posted:

Is it? It's just a name, and they have to come from some where. There's plenty of people named for characters in popular television shows, movies, games, books etc. Why is naming one after a comic book character remarkable? It's not even a new phenomenon, given that people have been naming kids for mythical figures for millenia, and that's basically the same idea.

shut up nerd.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

side_burned posted:

The more I think about the last season of Game of Thrones the more things I find that make confuse me or make me angry. The only other media that has done are the Star Wars prequels.

I've heard rumors that the writers wanted to close things up quickly (on their hyper popular, money-printing series!) to focus on... A series where the South wins the American Civil War. Not sure how true that is.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

I've heard rumors that the writers wanted to close things up quickly (on their hyper popular, money-printing series!) to focus on... A series where the South wins the American Civil War. Not sure how true that is.

True. Said series has now been cancelled due to almost universal backlash.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The_Doctor posted:

True. Said series has now been cancelled due to almost universal backlash.

Why? It sounds like it might have been an interesting setting to explore some topical themes, given that binary choice (North or South) was such a pivotal event in American history. I haven't even seen Game of Thrones, but from what I gather of them as creators it doesn't sound like they'd make the best use of it, but it seems like a good setup at least and I wouldn't think they garnered so much hate for the last season that it'd essentially tank their public cache. Was it just that people assumed it'd glorify the idea of the South winning too much? That it'd get the history, causes etc wrong? That no-one trusted them to write that story? Or just that the idea of a show at least partially discussing racism is just that toxic that no-one wants to see it because the likelihood is it wouldn't do the theme justice?

tsob fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 12, 2020

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

tsob posted:

Why? It sounds like it might have been an interesting setting to explore some topical themes, given that binary choice (North or South) was such a pivotal event in American history. I haven't even seen Game of Thrones, but from what I gather of them as creators it doesn't sound like they'd make the best use of it, but it seems like a good setup at least and I wouldn't think they garnered so much hate for the last season that it'd essentially tank their public cache. Was it just that people assumed it'd glorify the idea of the South winning too much? That it'd get the history, causes etc wrong? That no-one trusted them to write that story? Or just that the idea of a show at least partially discussing racism is just that toxic that no-one wants to see it because the likelihood is it wouldn't do the theme justice?

Because in the current years one of the last things most people want or need is two white guys' takes on what chattel slavery as a modern US institution might look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ironslave posted:

Because in the current years one of the last things most people want or need is two white guys' takes on what chattel slavery as a modern US institution might look like.

Alternatively, they might have argued that slavery would have faded out anyway and that the south never actually cared about slavery. It was about States Rights! Ugggghhhhh.