Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Synthetic Dreams posted:

Excuse me, but I started at page one this morning and now I'm on page 212, and there doesn't seem to be more translated panels? Please kindly translate more panels and post them here. Please. I need more NEET.

First comes the benign webcomic. Then comes the harder manga. Then your mainlining isekais and moe anime and you don't know what you've done with your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

lol fuckin neet

"ghosts? wot fukken moron believes in those? not like auras, which are totes real, amirte?"

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

※ Improved a translation. Thanks to simplefish for pointing it out.

Sister Make fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 17, 2020

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

how the gently caress did "murder ur famil" neet comic turn into this

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

This comic asks, is perhaps murdering you're famil is only the beginning.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Miss posted:

how the gently caress did "murder ur famil" neet comic turn into this
I keep thinking back to the fact that this isn't really the "murder ur famil" neet comic. Since non-murder branches are still going, this is just a very long "murder ur famil" spin-off story of the "real" neet comic, somehow.

Grevling posted:

This comic asks, is perhaps murdering you're famil is only the beginning.
Also that.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

how can your own sweat reflect into your own eyes?
and yet our boy neet is all "hmm, yes, makes sense"

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

simplefish posted:

Gonna guess it's just 'sweat' in context or the speaker's sweat specifically.

I would never suggest our NEET overlords made a translation error

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The glow was swamp gas reflecting the light from Venus off a weather balloon.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

waitin for the train to come outta dem nostrils

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Oda with the grease face diss. He really is the protagonist

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

simplefish posted:

If he didn't have glasses on at the time, sweat could be hanging on to an eyelash or something.

Victis posted:

Gonna guess it's just 'sweat' in context or the speaker's sweat specifically.

I would never suggest our NEET overlords made a translation error
But yeah the Japanese doesn't say "your" sweat (in fact, you kinda have to guess who is doing what all the time with Japanese) so it could totally be the speaker's sweat. I'll fix later.

Keep pointing out errors. You're on a roll, simplefish.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
so... in Japanese conversations what would this feel like?

Sort of like "your" is in extremely rhetorical mode at all times? The yours are just clipped off?
"if someone saw the aura and wasn't wrong it would probably be the sun shining through sweat."?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

simplefish posted:

well he is the guy who thought auras were real

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"if someone saw the aura and wasn't wrong it would probably be the sun shining through sweat."?
Pretty much. Except in Japanese it doesn't sound weird since you can just drop pronouns instead of saying "someone".

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

so... in Japanese conversations what would this feel like?

Sort of like "your" is in extremely rhetorical mode at all times? The yours are just clipped off?

Yeah, Japanese depends on context to determine a lot of things. Like, to say "I will wear a hat", you'd just say effectively "Hat, worn as headwear is" and it would be up to the listener to determine from context whether you mean that you're going to wear a hat, that you are wearing a hat right now, or that you wear hats as a general rule. Or like, you could even just be instructing the listener about the function and purpose of hats.

You wouldn't use the personal pronoun ("watashi" or "boku") in most statements about yourself, so a lot of things a person might say about themselves could be read as neutral statements about the general state of things if the context were different.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
shorts are comfy and easy to wear

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, Japanese depends on context to determine a lot of things. Like, to say "I will wear a hat", you'd just say effectively "Hat, worn as headwear is" and it would be up to the listener to determine from context whether you mean that you're going to wear a hat, that you are wearing a hat right now, or that you wear hats as a general rule. Or like, you could even just be instructing the listener about the function and purpose of hats.

You wouldn't use the personal pronoun ("watashi" or "boku") in most statements about yourself, so a lot of things a person might say about themselves could be read as neutral statements about the general state of things if the context were different.

shovelbum posted:

Woah

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
"not very interesting" is apparently Japanese for "a bunch of bullshit"

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Oh yeah! It was almost certainly possible to translate that as like, "I like wearing comfy, convenient shorts!" or "I am wearing shorts that are comfy and oh-so-convenient!". The fact that the translator went with what they did is pretty funny.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Android Blues posted:

Oh yeah! It was almost certainly possible to translate that as like, "I like wearing comfy, convenient shorts!" or "I am wearing shorts that are comfy and oh-so-convenient!". The fact that the translator went with what they did is pretty funny.
I was going to ask the translator to discuss it for the millionth time, but I think he hasn't posted on SA for at least 6 months. Doug Dinsdale was definitely him, and I think it's likely that Douglas Dinsdale was also him.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Fuckin lol
"he ghost believer, what do you make of it?"
"you nerds are boring me."

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

simplefish posted:

Fuckin lol
"he ghost believer, what do you make of it?"
"you nerds are boring me."

lmao

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Medium: "Why, there are plenty of morons--absolute imbeciles, barely even human!--who believe in spirits. For example, see Exhibit A: my dimwitted assistant."
Assistant: "Sup"
Medium: "What do you have to say for yourself?"
Assistant: <an extremely japanese way of saying gently caress off>
Medium: "Thank you, Exhibit A."

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Nonsense! NEET is always 100% dream and romance.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's occasionally really evident why Oda's wife left him.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Mature of him to keep it to himself.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Android Blues posted:

It's occasionally really evident why Oda's wife left him.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

is Oda the narrator and that's why we haven't had the narrator cutting in lately???

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat Oda

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Grevling posted:

huh when I try to go there now it says "this page has been removed", don't know what's up with that.
This is now fixed.

To celebrate, have more NEET:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You'd think this dude and his assistant would have already had this talk by now

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It's a con

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yes

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

oh honey, you work in a spirit medium office and your number 1 duty seems to be greeting the clientele. of course most of the people you meet believe in spirits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

excuse me, he's an ex-con, thank you very much