Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Still no bitchin' sauce at my plains state church :smith:
They probably think grandma would keel over if she saw that word on label or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fashionably Great posted:

They probably think grandma would keel over if she saw that word on label or something.

If you live in a state that is so white that mayonnaise is considered spicy, then yeah, you might not be joking.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

canyoneer posted:

The strawberry sundae made with chocolate swirl was the greatest thing. It's still served, along with the Polish dog, at the Costco in heaven

and when you looked down at the sand and saw only one day of footprints, that was because James Sinegal was carrying you to a Canadian Costco food court...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Fashionably Great posted:

Dang really? They have it in Nebraska, and it doesn't get much more plain than here.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

How are these people even making GBS threads so much? Look I poo poo a lot and a 48 pack from Costco would last my house probably 6 months.

I also poo poo a lot and my household (2 person) still has a six pack plus 4 rolls. We bought it on our first communion 7 months ago.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Lobsterboy posted:

My last CostCo trip I actually bought that bitchin dip and promptly forgot about it until today and dang, y'all were not kidding. This stuff is good.

Whoops. I just found 3 containers in the fridge, one was open and bad. Two say best by a month ago.

Thought? Open and sniff test?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Moey posted:

Whoops. I just found 3 containers in the fridge, one was open and bad. Two say best by a month ago.

Isn't that stuff made from almonds? I'd think it could go rancid since almonds have fat in them.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Isn't that stuff made from almonds? I'd think it could go rancid since almonds have fat in them.

Yes. I'll probably just chuck em and not bother opening.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Moey posted:

I would say an open and sniff test myself; but I'm also a real penny pincher and hate throwing things out. "Best By", especially if they are not open and having been exposed to air, generally gives you a pretty good leetime still; albiet 1 month is pushing that. Does the plastic cover seem like there's been any gas production bulging it or is it still perfectly sucked down and flat?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 15, 2020

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
A best buy date of a month ago of an unopened item is at least worth trying.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I ordered that Vizio P659 and it'll be delivered maybe on the 20th. My friend is more into electronics than me and said to check it out on rtings.com. It got an 8.2 which is pretty good for a Vizio and I guess good overall. I don't really need a new TV so I was reluctant to click the purchase button but whatever. I just got my trumpbux.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I ordered that Vizio P659 and it'll be delivered maybe on the 20th. My friend is more into electronics than me and said to check it out on rtings.com. It got an 8.2 which is pretty good for a Vizio and I guess good overall. I don't really need a new TV so I was reluctant to click the purchase button but whatever. I just got my trumpbux.

In case you missed it rtings also has great setup guides for your TV once you get it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Those pizza shells along with the kirkland shredded mozza and some random toppings make quite excellent and super low effort pizzas, the kids love “making” the pizza too by flinging toppings and cheese on before putting into the oven for 8 minutes then a quick broil to toast the cheese.

That mozza is especially super great!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

tangy yet delightful posted:

In case you missed it rtings also has great setup guides for your TV once you get it.

Oh cool. Like actual TV settings and stuff?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Oh cool. Like actual TV settings and stuff?

Yup

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Awesome, I'll check that out. It always takes me so long to get the settings right.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

How's using instacart for Costco grocery delivery? Is there a big markup?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

priznat posted:

Those pizza shells along with the kirkland shredded mozza and some random toppings make quite excellent and super low effort pizzas, the kids love “making” the pizza too by flinging toppings and cheese on before putting into the oven for 8 minutes then a quick broil to toast the cheese.

That mozza is especially super great!

my go to late night lazy snack of shame is the dempsters tortillas they sell broiled with kirkland tex-mex shredded cheese and some hot sauce

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

I don’t mean to speak out of turn or blaspheme but church really hosed up when they got rid of chocolate froyo

to say nothing of the vanilla/chocolate swirl

You may or may not be very pleased sometime around July

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Squashy Nipples posted:

If your prepper supplies are getting low, the long-term storage food buckets are available again online.

steinrokkan posted:

Pour this good poo poo into buckets and ship it straight to my basement

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Heffer posted:

How's using instacart for Costco grocery delivery? Is there a big markup?

My brother did that and wouldnt stop bitching and moaning about the markup. They apparently gave him the actual receipt totaling around $360 from costco and was charged $500 through instacart. Seems like a pretty heavy markup but I guess you should already see the prices when adding to your cart so not sure why he didnt realize this before. I mean how much does a banana cost? $10?

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Heretic here, but I just returned from the local Restaurant Depot, which had meat stacked to the ceiling. Quite a contrast to my last trip to the church, or the grocery. It's worth checking out while they're open to the general public.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Idk how reliable this is, but there's a guy on the Costco sub-Reddit saying that the food court menu is gonna be changed up. They're getting rid of combo pizzas (pepperoni and cheese will still be there), churros, salad, yogurt, and acai bowls. I'm super bummed about the combo pizza if this is true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/gkezph/rumors_about_major_changes_coming_to_food_courts/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress not mt turkey sandwich and caesar salad. :negative:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Churros?

I dunno about that

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Chinatown posted:

gently caress not mt turkey sandwich and caesar salad. :negative:

Yeah it's less convenient but you could just go to the back of the Costco and get a caesar salad though?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They can pry that churro from my cold dead hand!

$1 churro is love.

They came for my polish dog and I grumbled.

They came for my churro and I will rise up.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thats a terrible change wtf

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I feel like the churro was as much as a staple as the hot dog and pizza. It's been around forever.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This lines up pretty well with what I know. They were planning on bringing in a new salad to replace the ceaser and replacing the chicken bakes with pre made ones ( before the bakes used leftover salad chicken) and replacing the yogurt with ice cream. The ice cream should still be going a head and as far as I know the chicken bakes and churros are coming back but they aren't planned for at least the next six months.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

keevo posted:

Idk how reliable this is, but there's a guy on the Costco sub-Reddit saying that the food court menu is gonna be changed up. They're getting rid of combo pizzas (pepperoni and cheese will still be there), churros, salad, yogurt, and acai bowls. I'm super bummed about the combo pizza if this is true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/gkezph/rumors_about_major_changes_coming_to_food_courts/

Sounds like a labor thing

quote:

Food court is going "back to basics". For a while we've been trying these more labor intensive but higher value items (salads, acai bowls, etc.) to try and balance things out. It looks like we're going to try the opposite approach now. Cheap items that are simple to make. Sales will drop but so will labor costs.

People can complain about the food court menu all they want but the fact is it's decent food sold at a loss. If it wasn't attached to a warehouse that made millions the whole concept would have been scrapped a long time ago. I think we deserve some space to experiment with the menu to keep it sustainable.

Looks at his history and he called out the face mask policy and a couple other things before they went live so he seems legit.

edit: also this guy right above me ^^^ :ninja:

Gaius Marius posted:

You may or may not be very pleased sometime around July

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I wonder what kind of new salad they would replace the caesar with. Probably something withiut meat?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

sliced hotdog on iceberg lettuce

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

phosdex posted:

They are bringing back the polish dog but this is the only way to get it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

phosdex posted:

I gotta assemble it myself? What is this, IKEA?

If they ditch the polish sausage we're gonna have a problem.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I never get food from the counter. :ninja:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

I never get food from the counter. :ninja:

We’ve chosen to ban you and not refund you.

Heathen.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I hope the samples never come back

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
In the before times I often chose to go to the big C alone just so I could eat a foodcourt lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

StormDrain posted:

In the before times I often chose to go to the big C alone just so I could eat a foodcourt lunch.

yeah I've done that. Sometimes if I'm doing a roadtrip or running errands in the area and I need a quick meal I'll stop at a costco along the way. It's cheap, fast, and I'd rather eat a dog with kraut and brown mustard than like, a whopper or whatever.

(rip kraut dogs, one of the silent victims of this tragedy :emo:)

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 16, 2020