Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Schneider Heim posted:

Far Cry 3, or Far Cry 4? (I already have Blood Dragon)

4, it's a straight upgrade to 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
3’s setting and map is cooler but 4’s got more refined gameplay and doesn’t lose its cool villain at the halfway mark. You really can’t go wrong with either.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Trickyblackjack posted:

Jesus, Control is Dark Souls difficult, god drat. I can't get that flying bastard to half health before he two-shots me.

edit: ah I was supposed to hide behind a pillar and take pot shots at him. Pretty lame.

At any point when Control is feeling unfair, it's most likely because you are not using the shield ability. It is much more useful than most games tend to make a defensive ability.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Schneider Heim posted:

Far Cry 3, or Far Cry 4? (I already have Blood Dragon)
They're practically the same game in terms of gameplay and such, but I personally preferred Far Cry 3. FC4 just never really clicked to me and the verticality of the map makes it a pain in the rear end to traverse.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

At any point when Control is feeling unfair, it's most likely because you are not using the shield ability. It is much more useful than most games tend to make a defensive ability.

I never bothered with it, since I felt agile enough to avoid most attacks. Only the plant boss gave me a hard time until I came back with more health and energy.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the enemies are annoying though, due to their chromatic abberation + refraction FX clouds where I missed quite some time because my eyes automaticall tried to focus something that could not be focused. I really dislike FX that fucks with perception for a major gameplay element. Overall, the shooting part of Control is not the best as with all Remedy games (even Max Payne if you run out of bullettime) but the world always makes up for it. Twice so in Control, which is just great.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Trickyblackjack posted:

Jesus, Control is Dark Souls difficult, god drat. I can't get that flying bastard to half health before he two-shots me.

edit: ah I was supposed to hide behind a pillar and take pot shots at him. Pretty lame.
Once you get the telekinetic grab ability there's this weird sweet spot where you're pulling an object to you, but it's not in your hand yet. The flying enemies usually dodge tk attacks, but if you throw something in that sweet spot's window, you throw the object at them from behind and it almost always hits them.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I haven't played Control in a while, but don't you not even have to actually hold an object before you can throw it? I could swear that at some point I was able to just TK in general direction of an enemy and the nearest suitable objects would just smash into them all by themselves.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I've never played an Anno game but I've had my eye on 1800 from the epic sale. Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because I'm not sure if my PC can handle it. Anyone have experience playing this on a slightly below average PC?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I liked Far Cry 3 with Ziggy's Mod. It basically just makes the game harder, cause I thought it was way too easy otherwise. afaik nothing similar came out for later Far Crys

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
Totally off topic, but I couldn't find the appropriate answer... does anyone know if there is a "dark mode" planned for SA? Does anyone have a solution for this? SA is the only page left in my tabs that is a glaring white hot sun. Is there a suggestion place on SA? thanks

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

yegods posted:

Totally off topic, but I couldn't find the appropriate answer... does anyone know if there is a "dark mode" planned for SA? Does anyone have a solution for this? SA is the only page left in my tabs that is a glaring white hot sun. Is there a suggestion place on SA? thanks

Post a thread in QCS.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

yegods posted:

There’s a forum for that, QCS. Dark mode has come up a few times and I believe it’s being worked on. I have some annoying floaters and they really stand out on SA’s bright color scheme so I’m looking forwards to it.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

In the meantime, there are addons for Firefox and other browsers that mess with site CSS and can change color schemes for you on the fly.

Dark Reader Firefox addon

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Post a thread in QCS.

done, thanks!

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

In the meantime, there are addons for Firefox and other browsers that mess with site CSS and can change color schemes for you on the fly.

Dark Reader Firefox addon

I have tried something similar on Chrome, but the results were less than spectacular.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Trickyblackjack posted:

He also drops his projectiles without launching them if you throw something at him.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

hitman 2: I am just ruining these security guards day by turning on every sink in this public bathroom. they're cleaning up every puddle and griping about it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you lose points for not being conspicuously disguised as a cowboy a pink flamingo mascot a clown Santa Claus

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Excelzior posted:

you lose points for not being conspicuously disguised as a cowboy a pink flamingo mascot a clown Santa Claus

i have 150+ hours in hitman 2 i'm allowed to wear the other suits sometimes

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Piekuuns posted:

FYI for anyone hoarding chrono.gg coins:

Shame, I missed SEVEN, which would've been a fine addition to my mediocre games collection. I did get Fictorum and Warstone TD so at least I got that averageness going for me.

Thanks for the warning.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Thanks again Serephina for suggesting I give Endless Space another shot. Started up the tutorial again this morning and lost like 6 hours of my life before I even knew it; seems like a really cool game and I was SUPER impressed with how well the tutorial is implemented. It explains some basic mechanics and gives you a few quests to get used to them without ever putting you on-rails. If you click too deep into the menus and stumble across some more complicated systems it doesn't kick you out but gives you a really nice "You don't really need to mess with this yet, I'll let you know when to come back after we go over some more foundational stuff" message. Just a really elegant way of easing someone into a complicated game, I was really pleasantly surprised.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

free lego game https://store.steampowered.com/app/640590/The_LEGO_NINJAGO_Movie_Video_Game/

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Did they fix Reach now that Halo 2 is out or nah?

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
FYI for any non-Americans, the $10 coupon available on EGS is $10 USD, which worked out to a $14 CAD discount on satisfactory for me. drat i love fortnite wealth redistribution

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Finally playing GTAV after almost seven years of release.

I hate to say it, but three hours in I kind of see what people mean by it feeling less like a traditional sandbox game and more like something like Mafia 2. It just doesn't feel like the game is setup and designed for you to cause mayhem like previous games.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I am just absolutely stuck in Immortal Defense. I can't get past level 2 of either the Courage Point or the Cut Point's badge trial thingies. Goddamn this is hard.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

I hate to say it, but three hours in I kind of see what people mean by it feeling less like a traditional sandbox game and more like something like Mafia 2. It just doesn't feel like the game is setup and designed for you to cause mayhem like previous games.

rockstar really needs to stop trying to force a big plot in their games because the plots are always very bad and detrimental to the chaos simulator aspect of the games they make

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Hey thanks for the heads up. It's the only LEGO I've never bought because I have no idea what Ninjago is, but 100% LEGO games are my new guilty pleasure.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Aw man.... :(

That's what I was hoping to do.

Do you ever get to a point where you can quickly procure any chaos vehicle you want and just see how long you can keep it going until you die? That's 80% of what I like about past GTAs.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Look Sir Droids posted:

Aw man.... :(

That's what I was hoping to do.

Do you ever get to a point where you can quickly procure any chaos vehicle you want and just see how long you can keep it going until you die? That's 80% of what I like about past GTAs.

You can cheese the payout from the heist at the end of the game by waiting to do the assassination missions until after you have it, then using those and the stock market to make every character have over a billion dollars. Then buying tanks and whatnot is a snap. There’s guides about it. Just power through the story, which takes... a while, and you can get there. And the story is worth playing once but it gets frustrating since you’re so broke for most of it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I'm sure it's rough, but has anyone given Library of Ruina a try this morning? I'm stuck working all day but I am deeply curious as to what the new Early Access from the makers of Lobotomy Corporation is looking like.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

luxury handset posted:

rockstar really needs to stop trying to force a big plot in their games because the plots are always very bad and detrimental to the chaos simulator aspect of the games they make

While the characters can be fun, the writing is also very bad. Like the jokes and stereotypes aren't smart or even offense they're just...lazy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1253870/ANIME_STANDING/

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
The cops in GTA V are really deadly in general and that doesn't lend itself to mindless fun.

Memnaelar posted:

I'm sure it's rough, but has anyone given Library of Ruina a try this morning? I'm stuck working all day but I am deeply curious as to what the new Early Access from the makers of Lobotomy Corporation is looking like.

I kind of want to but apparently it's absolutely full to the brim with spoilers for Lobotomy Corp, which I just bought, so... yeah. There's only like 3 story chapters out of 7 anyway.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Det_no posted:

The cops in GTA V are really deadly in general and that doesn't lend itself to mindless fun.

The characters are way more fragile. I was at a friends house when it came out and we spent hours trying to steal a fighter plane and could never manage it because your character is made of basically tissue paper.

It has a lot of fun stuff but for every step forward there’s two steps back because Rockstar seems to have a disdain for what people actually want from a Rockstar game.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
In single player you either have to get lucky or steal the jet with Trevor who has a damage reduction special skill. Also, manually climb the jet before you hit the "enter vehicle" key because in the time you'd slowly open the canopy then climb into the cockpit otherwise, the skill will run out and you'll get about five tank shells into your face.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Det_no posted:

Yeah that's one of the things people hated after 4, the cops went from having complex behaviour and the concept of escalation to WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT :blastu:

if any of youse have a VR thing you could try this mod out, looks neato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKVPy2prPc&t=73s

I like doing the immersive thing because they build these really detailed little worlds and it's cool to get familiar with the environment instead of just following a line on a map, and it looks like it works really well for this. Even the shootmans bits use head tracking so it looks really dynamic, like it was made for it almost

Orv
May 4, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Did they fix Reach now that Halo 2 is out or nah?

No, shockingly 343 as a very quality studio is just making GBS threads these PC ports out and not fixing them after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Orv posted:

No, shockingly 343 as a very quality studio is just making GBS threads these PC ports out and not fixing them after.

good grief

Another question then: is it true that Fallout 76 is good with the Wastelanders update or is that just a few, select headlines?