Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Julio Cruz posted:

well rip Secret Rogue I guess

am I right in thinking that a Rogue playing Cobalt Spellkin cannot generate Praise Galakrond?

I think all the Galakrond cards are outside of discover/ random gen pools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They could be generated for a very brief period of time but no longer can be

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Realise it's the new incentive by the Dev team to do constant tweaks/updates, but is Outland now the most nerfed set in the game's history?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
6/5 lurker below is pretty cool

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wonder if rogue just makes out like a bandit with these changes. I think statistically the secret package was stronger than the stealth package, but not by much and all of the bad rogue matchups got nerfed.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

AnacondaHL posted:

uh oh, Warrior was not nerfed enough.

I don't quite get the point of

quote:

Bloodsworn Mercenary
Old: 3 Attack, 3 Health → New: 2 Attack, 2 Health

Most of the time she is played is as a finisher, nobody gives a poo poo about the stats on that card.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
wow, those are some big changes! i don't think it will make paladin viable, but having a good one drop is really important, and that didn't exist for paladin in standard til now.

and the march on demon hunter 1 drops continues... ouch. beaming sidekick will definitely be in lists now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

mcbexx posted:

Most of the time she is played is as a finisher, nobody gives a poo poo about the stats on that card.

Same, I would’ve figured that she’d get bumped up to 4 mana.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

mcbexx posted:

The health does matter for Skipper turns where Bloodsworn gets dropped to duplicate an Armorsmith. Maybe that's what Blizzard was thinking about.

If they're trying to rein in Warrior's armor gain maybe they should have buffed Platebreaker (which I'm thinking about dropping into a Face Hunter just to test)

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

I’d have probably made Risky Skipper a 1/2 and touched nothing else but I don’t work for Blizzard so what do I know

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Firebert posted:

I wonder if rogue just makes out like a bandit with these changes. I think statistically the secret package was stronger than the stealth package, but not by much and all of the bad rogue matchups got nerfed.

non-beast Face Hunter is completely untouched

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Power of Pecota posted:

Cogmaster/Mechwarper/Galvanizer/Snip-Snap was a quick 3-0 for me, people haven't been prepared for a quick all-in dump. I might have just gotten lucky - one guy had Ragnaros and other big stuff and another had Pogos, the 3/2 shuffle copies Lab Tech guy, Dragon's Hoard, and a mystery card he didn't get to play. Not sure what you're supposed to do there besides play 3/2s when someone bans your Pogos.

I had a play 3 Hunter games and a take 20 turns quest today, and just clearing those out this is up to 7-0. Cogmaster being able to take out the other guy's coined out Mechwarper on turn 2 is sick.

I ran into a cool Paladin one (Annoy-o-Tron, Shielded Minibot, Hydrologist, Stonehill Defender) that I only beat because he banned Galvanizer instead of Mechwarper which must have been the mystery card, that might actually be better.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Priestess of Fury nerf is an indirect nerf to the Priest vs DH matchup because now I can’t use Soul Mirror to get a 6/1 Priestess and kill theirs. :(

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

AnacondaHL posted:

The free Rogue deck is very close to being a Tier 1 deck. Players have been toying with a "Vanilla Ice" build in tournaments, to have better game vs DH and Hunter while still going long vs Priest (banning Warrior), which matches with the Gold ranks metagame:

If you don't have Flik just add another SI or some Khartut Defenders, otherwise it is very budget-friendly.

Here's the list I consider for tournaments and have played in Legend Ladder

### CQ Vanilla Gala
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 2x (1) Spymistress
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Frozen Shadoweaver
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAECAaIHBrIC3QiSlwPBrgPjtAPLwAMMtAHtAogHj5cD9acDua4D/q4Dqq8Dzq8DgrEDubgD1r4DAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Note that Rogue is probably the 2nd hardest deck to play right now, but it's powerful enough to not be as punishing when misplayed

Nice, I'll give this a spin (sans flik). Had to craft some of these as my collection is non-existent, but I suppose I should get off my rear end and grind a couple dozen arena runs for packs.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Paladin getting a solid 1 drop with good stats goes a long, long ways with Hand of A'dal still being a thing. Really doubt it will pull Pure Paladin from the Gutters or anything but still it actually helps a lot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just had the dumbest Priest mirror match. Full boards were getting made and created every single turn. It owned.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/5GYQSMTwLUagNVsiDdBD56

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Jack Trades posted:

I just had the dumbest Priest mirror match. Full boards were getting made and created every single turn. It owned.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/5GYQSMTwLUagNVsiDdBD56

I would not have had the patience to win that game. I barely survived watching it, good on you for some excellent play!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Promoted Pawn posted:

I cruised into legend this month with Highlander Priest, facing almost nothing but Warriors, DHs, and other Priests within the D5-D1 range. Even Rogue seems to be disappearing, at least from my limited perspective.

My final boss was a standard Galakrond Priest, and we went deep into fatigue before my highlander cards ended up being the deciding edge. It felt fitting afterward to craft a golden Galakrond, the Unspeakable to commemorate my fallen yet worthy opponent.

What's your setup? Currently running around with the Kibler version but I feel like it's not optimal in any direction and instead tries to just answer everything thrown at you. That works but is annoying to play, as the games take absolutely forever.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

mcbexx posted:

Setting aside the sudden burst damage and absurd armor game situations, getting a really good damaged minion to copy is a lot easier than it was in Saviors of Ul'dum. At the very least, your opponent getting a bonus 2/1 on a Risky Skipper turn on top of the giant pile of stats they're getting from copying a minion feels better than them getting a bonus 3/2.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Goons Are Great posted:

What's your setup? Currently running around with the Kibler version but I feel like it's not optimal in any direction and instead tries to just answer everything thrown at you. That works but is annoying to play, as the games take absolutely forever.

I’m just using the VS list with no changes.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/decks/dragon-highlander-priest/

AAECAa0GHh7cAZcCyQaNCNMK65sD/KMD0aUDmakDn6kD8qwDha0D57ADgbEDjrEDkbED47QDmLYDk7oDr7oDsLoDuLoDyL4Dzr4D5r4DyMAD2MIDptUDp9UDAAA=

It’s a bit more proactive than most lists, but Priest is just prone to long games in general. Mirror matches doubly so.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'll consider anything faster than 45 minutes in mirror a vast improvement at this point. Thanks!

Aaod
May 29, 2004
What is peoples experiences and strategies with fungalmancer? I know it is a highly RNG hero but I am curious if people are having more success all in on murlocs early/mid game or playing like a normal hero and then trying to hard transition to murlocs around 4/5. He feels like a 1st or 7th hero but I am curious if anyone is have success beyond that.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
1st or 7th sums it up for me. Murlocs struggle really hard until the endgame when they're unbeatable. But you have to get there. I tried the merps strategy of staying on 1 last time I got him, and just never. got. any. tidecallers. It sucked.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Anyone else messed around with Stealth Rogue much since launch? I've been trying it since the nerfs got announced, though I gather Galakrond rogue doesn't bother with either stealth or secrets in particular right now.

The main issue I have is, as with all rogue decks these days, too many 3 drops.

I also wonder if Galakrond Warrior might be able to come back into vogue with things slowing down a tad.

DH nerfs are unneeded IMO, class isn't even tier 1 now let alone dominating it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The optics of how dominant DH is at every rank below Legend, in addition to having almost a 100% bring rate in Conquest tournaments, including Grandmasters, means yea they had to include something about DH if they were going to do anything.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Cuntellectual posted:

Anyone else messed around with Stealth Rogue much since launch? I've been trying it since the nerfs got announced, though I gather Galakrond rogue doesn't bother with either stealth or secrets in particular right now.

The main issue I have is, as with all rogue decks these days, too many 3 drops.

I also wonder if Galakrond Warrior might be able to come back into vogue with things slowing down a tad.

DH nerfs are unneeded IMO, class isn't even tier 1 now let alone dominating it.

I was thinking the same thing re: Gala Warrior. Drawing all those +4/+4 charge minions with Inner Rage/Rampage/Bloodsworn combo might be able to clean up against some of these Priest decks.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

fanny packrat posted:

I was thinking the same thing re: Gala Warrior. Drawing all those +4/+4 charge minions with Inner Rage/Rampage/Bloodsworn combo might be able to clean up against some of these Priest decks.

Combo DH being nerfed (if only due to skull) is a tragedy because it means priests get to exist again. that guy a few pages back who says losing in 8 turns to DH is worse than playing 30 turns vs. priest is nuts.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Quetzadilla posted:

Nice, I'll give this a spin (sans flik). Had to craft some of these as my collection is non-existent, but I suppose I should get off my rear end and grind a couple dozen arena runs for packs.

Been giving this a whirl and it's pretty good but the lack of removal without flik was hurting so I subbed in a sap instead. I'm able to go into fatigue against resurrection priest but haven't been able to actually win against one yet. Probably could have in one game but Kronx was literally the last card in my deck so it was too late. Still loving miserable to play against though.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Remember when I cried over not having any quest paladins around?
Well, this smoking pile of hot poo poo for some godforsaken reason not only exists, but brought me onto an insane win streak and a ridiculous 70% win rate.
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Micro Mummy
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (2) Temple Berserker
# 2x (3) Candletaker
# 1x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (4) Hammer of Wrath
# 2x (5) Abomination
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
#
AAECAaToAgSTpQOVpgP8uAPUugMN+gG4A5IFmqEDoKEDoaEDxaED8qUD86cD9KcDyqsDjbYDysEDAA==

I saw some guy on youtube fiddling with the concept of a replicating leper gnome/sandtrooper/murgurgle combo and made this based on it. I have no actual idea if I'm just running into an army of drunk idiots that I keep winning with it, but the friend request after Gorefiending an army of 4 sandtroopers into lethal in the same game that generated me 8 murgurgles saying that they will report me in the forums for exploiting a bug convinced me.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Made it to Diamond 5 with Secret Gala Rogue, the version with two spy mistresses, two ambushes and one of each of the other secrets.

I almost made it there a few days ago with Warrior, but had a few bad games against supposedly good matchups. Kudos to those who can really play it well.

My final "boss" was a warrior who seemed to have no idea what he was doing, playing Risky Skipper on turn 1, etc. My guess is it was someone at the D5 gateway experimenting?

I agree with the Priestess of Fury nerf, but think the crimson nerf was too harsh. Normally D5 will be my stopping point but I'd like to reach Legend once especially after narrowly missing it last month. Any recommendations?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Goons Are Great posted:

Remember when I cried over not having any quest paladins around?
Well, this smoking pile of hot poo poo for some godforsaken reason not only exists, but brought me onto an insane win streak and a ridiculous 70% win rate.
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Micro Mummy
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (2) Temple Berserker
# 2x (3) Candletaker
# 1x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (4) Hammer of Wrath
# 2x (5) Abomination
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
#
AAECAaToAgSTpQOVpgP8uAPUugMN+gG4A5IFmqEDoKEDoaEDxaED8qUD86cD9KcDyqsDjbYDysEDAA==

I saw some guy on youtube fiddling with the concept of a replicating leper gnome/sandtrooper/murgurgle combo and made this based on it. I have no actual idea if I'm just running into an army of drunk idiots that I keep winning with it, but the friend request after Gorefiending an army of 4 sandtroopers into lethal in the same game that generated me 8 murgurgles saying that they will report me in the forums for exploiting a bug convinced me.

Oh man, I wish I had the cards for this. Missing Teron and Murgur, definitely not crafting them for this. I love Quest Paladin so hard and it's a shame that it's just not viable. I've messed around with a Libram/Quest build, but I was scarred off of it by having priests consistently copy/steal my cards to get 0 mana librams. It's the epitome of "stop hitting yourself" gameplay and it felt more awful than regular priest matches.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Made it to Diamond 5 with Secret Gala Rogue, the version with two spy mistresses, two ambushes and one of each of the other secrets.

I almost made it there a few days ago with Warrior, but had a few bad games against supposedly good matchups. Kudos to those who can really play it well.

My final "boss" was a warrior who seemed to have no idea what he was doing, playing Risky Skipper on turn 1, etc. My guess is it was someone at the D5 gateway experimenting?

I agree with the Priestess of Fury nerf, but think the crimson nerf was too harsh. Normally D5 will be my stopping point but I'd like to reach Legend once especially after narrowly missing it last month. Any recommendations?

That's great, good for you! I'm also wondering what people are playing for the final push. I don't think I'll have time to get there, but I've been having a blast with a pretty standard Face Hunter that swaps in a Platebreaker. I won a game tonight when a Gala Rogue thought he was safe after getting the 5 armor and dropping a 0 mana Shield of Galakrond.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Could just be someone who’s already in Legend just loving around, too; a lot of my matchups last month were against folks in low Diamond/high Platinum.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Aaod posted:

What is peoples experiences and strategies with fungalmancer? I know it is a highly RNG hero but I am curious if people are having more success all in on murlocs early/mid game or playing like a normal hero and then trying to hard transition to murlocs around 4/5. He feels like a 1st or 7th hero but I am curious if anyone is have success beyond that.

I'm barely 6k but I go gangbusters with him whenever I get him. You always transition into muclocs late game but picking a strong standalone unit or two to build around while you fish for a Brann will help with the poo poo early game. Slapping magnetics and taunt on an egg does a lot of work, if you can pick up a double attack dragon on tier two and a hydra on 4 you can run a quasi menangerie build until you get Brann. Brann is where you do the disgusting instant murloc transition. If you discover him off a triple at t4 make sure you level to try and pick up discover murlocs and go off if you have the APM. The only time I find I invest in murlocs heavily early is if I get a murloc token or the 1/2 murloc on turn 1 and even then you'll eat a lot of poo poo trying to focus on just that without something else to carry you through all the soul juggler builds and dragon walls

It's embarassing how much time I spend playing this mode and I can't remember any of the card names

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 17, 2020

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Paladin getting a solid 1 drop with good stats goes a long, long ways with Hand of A'dal still being a thing. Really doubt it will pull Pure Paladin from the Gutters or anything but still it actually helps a lot.

Yeah, it's a stronger change than people give credit for, since there are no viable paladin one drops aside Imprisoned Sungill. This will help Libram Paladin.

This is still not enough, of course. Paladin desperately needs more draw, or at least better value generators. One change that could help but that Blizz will never implement is limiting the random paladin cards you get from Lightforged Crusader to cards that cost more than one, so you don't get lovely secrets, Blessing of Wisdom, Hand of Protection, etc.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

fanny packrat posted:

Oh man, I wish I had the cards for this. Missing Teron and Murgur, definitely not crafting them for this. I love Quest Paladin so hard and it's a shame that it's just not viable. I've messed around with a Libram/Quest build, but I was scarred off of it by having priests consistently copy/steal my cards to get 0 mana librams. It's the epitome of "stop hitting yourself" gameplay and it felt more awful than regular priest matches.

Yeah, there practically is no actual use for the paladin quest anyways. It by nature works best with deathrattle minions, given that reborn itself is nice but not really a game changer, and paladin barely has proper ones, especially not in the current meta where tempo usually matters a lot.
That deck in particular is only working so far because it seems like a lot of people have no idea what I am doing, most wins I get are from early concedes after replicating murgugle three or four times, I guess because they assume I'm going to steamroll them with murlocs due to it, but it's not really that effective, or at least not in competitive. It's sad that paladin in general is currently suffering, I like the class, but apart from when N'Zoth came back quest never really was viable and it certainly won't be now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I love playing Priest

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Holy moly I actually beat a resurrection priest, but only by virtue of some lucky togs making me a pseudo resurrection priest. Not sure if it would've been easier or harder if I had Flik. I'm guessing Flik doesn't remove copies from the graveyard though, so they can still be resurrected?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Quetzadilla posted:

Holy moly I actually beat a resurrection priest, but only by virtue of some lucky togs making me a pseudo resurrection priest. Not sure if it would've been easier or harder if I had Flik. I'm guessing Flik doesn't remove copies from the graveyard though, so they can still be resurrected?

Nope, only thing that currently does that is Reno's battlecry. Flik is still good for reducing the number of Convincing Infiltrators though, or killing several at once if they've gotten some Grave Runes etc.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Reno's battlecry doesn't remove them from the graveyard, it more exiles them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Had a play mage quest today and I decided to play some wild secret mage. That deck is still broken as hell. Went 30-5 and didn't even take me that long. Bronze 10 to Plat 7 baby! Too bad my initial multiplier was only 6.