Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

Ah man yeah I gotta call out 2 things actually. The poster ITT that said Uzi made him appreciate hip fire more: tbh same and also that gun is not so bad. I have like 3k matches and that gun is level 30 right now so I basically haven't touched it

I seem to use more ammo w the Uzi than I am used to with other guns, but I haven't unlocked the .41 yet which seems to be the only reason to use it

E: what kind of gun is the grau modeled after irl?

I mean the base Uzi is objectively bad compared to the other SMGs, but the combination of completely stacking hipfire attachments & the new-ish .41AE rounds is a totally different thing & hilarious in its own right, especially because a full-hipfire uzi is moving at 105 % move speed or some poo poo. The nice thing about core is that when you have such a low TTK, the differences in weapons is minimized compared to WZ. There's more room to experiment and make it work.

WZ's meta is a bit more stale right now but it's still nice because favors an entirely different set of weapons from core. The Grau is non-existent in the competitive core meta because it's a gun made to shine in ranges core really doesn't take place in outside of a few specific lanes/maps. But it's THE meta gun in WZ right now. Great irons on its longest barrel mean you can skip an optic and still engage in medium/long range fights, and you have an extra attachment available to make up for the heavier barrel. The same barrel is almost pointless in core because the extra range is near meaningless compared to the lost ADS time and great iron sights aren't nearly as important because fights take place at shorter ranges.

It's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

yeah that is cool, i should honestly play WZ some more. ive got nothing but time but frankly i spend nearly as much posting about video games as playing them at this point

ive actually really appreciated how the guns have evolved and game has evolved since release. i dont appreciate that they keep loving it up in numerous ways from a stability type standpoint.

also re: RPG nerf, did they just not nerf them in MP or not nerf them at all because i dont see any difference

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
God I love blowing up whole teams in a vehicle with a launcher in warzone

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

God I love blowing up whole teams in a vehicle with a launcher in warzone

I found just locking on with the JOKR to most helicopters will make the team just bail out :haw:

But stealth launching an RPG into one is even more satisfying.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

priznat posted:

I found just locking on with the JOKR to most helicopters will make the team just bail out :haw:

But stealth launching an RPG into one is even more satisfying.

That’s good, I like when they are trying to run me over and I hit em with the PILA and then mop up when they try to crawl away

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Is that other launcher, the Carl Gustav analog, any good? I have never used it and never see it whereas I see RPGs, PILAs and JOKRs all over

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

jerman999 posted:

New COD will come out in the fall

Oh poo poo, hadn't heard about this. Any speculation on what direction they are going? Seems like they should just keep adding content to this.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Oh poo poo, hadn't heard about this. Any speculation on what direction they are going? Seems like they should just keep adding content to this.

There is a new cod every year the money train stops for no one

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Rumor is cold war focused, related to BLOPS universe?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol i like when play of the game is a 2 second cliip of my knife throw because we won whatever objective it was, meanwhiel like 3 people on teh other team had more kills than my entire team combined each

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jerman999 posted:

Rumor is cold war focused, related to BLOPS universe?

It’s Treyarch running the show after sledgehammer got demoted. It’s also being rushed to hell because of said demotion so expect a very limited scope to it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

This IAV challenge is a frustrating slog but at least I know I can do it if I keep throwing myself at it long enough.

Calling in a support helo or a juggernaut though...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

drunken officeparty posted:

This IAV challenge is a frustrating slog but at least I know I can do it if I keep throwing myself at it long enough.

put on kill chain and hardline, equip cluster or air strike, vtol and support helo/jug

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i wish I could turn on the juggernaut music just whenever

let me turn it on with my watch or something so people can hear it but not until you're like 5 feet away

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I could see this being the year that the new CoD is an expansion to the existing multiplayer with maybe a new campaign tacked on

At the very least it would address the concerns of people hyperventilating that their hours spent getting the red tracksuit might not pay off in the next iteration

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I bought the battlepass and enjoy disturbing my teammates with shirtless tatted sergey with the nipple eyes

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

drunken officeparty posted:

I think you can do these in spec ops. I got the jug ribbon on drop zone when it was around.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

From what I know they will keep releasing COD, but there are no plans to replace Warzone at all.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

They just hit 60 million players in WZ a year after the last COD came out

I do not think anybody at COD HQ is thinking now's the time to stop releasing games actually.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Seems like going out while you're on top would be a good idea? Just pack it in we did the duty

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Actually the fact that this Battle Royale mode is different than a lot of what's out there and still popular is basically proof they're just gonna keep doing it.

They've never, ever minded competing against themselves

They know that we just want to get in and max all the new weapons

Join the new communities

Follow our clans/friends etc.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I feel like they'll just update WZ to align with the next game when it drops. New map, new guns, etc.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Crustashio posted:

I feel like they'll just update WZ to align with the next game when it drops. New map, new guns, etc.

Eventually it will take up your entire HDD, instead of just half.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Crustashio posted:

That would ideal. I don't mind hucking battle pass money into the abyss as long as they keep up with the updates.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Infidelicious posted:

lol next gen consoles mysteriously appear with a SATA drive shaped cartridge slot, for reasons unknown...

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Infidelicious posted:

Yeah speaking of that. I installed Warzone first which is like 90 gigs. Got the full game thinking it'd just unlock; but it's like another 90 gigs?? The whole game is almost 200 gigs is that right?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Yeah speaking of that. I installed Warzone first which is like 90 gigs. Got the full game thinking it'd just unlock; but it's like another 90 gigs?? The whole game is almost 200 gigs is that right?

Holy moly yeah I had been thinking about buying MW now that it is 25% off and assumed it would just unlock too, that’s nuts.

The game size won’t dissuade me I have the room and bandwidth to get it but that’s still pretty nutty.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

It's good that the size doesn't scare you off bc you'll be redownloading it and shaders constantly

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

also re: RPG nerf, did they just not nerf them in MP or not nerf them at all because i dont see any difference

They haven't pushed an RPG nerf yet, the tweet that mentioned it said this:

quote:

We are working on an adjustment for akimbo snake-shots in a smaller update. Just needs testing. RPGs are also getting a tuning pass in the next big update to come later on.

To me that implies we'll see RPGs get tweaked as a part of the Hardhat map update which should be coming either this Tuesday or the next.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Honestly its only the goon cord that keeps me coming back. Most of my friends either dont game or game on console (less important these days), while I played BF for years by myself, I definitely wouldn't with this.

The thing I keep thinking in my head is I wish UT would get popular or something, somehow. I wish I could play the game as fast as I could think/react. Dont know what it would ever take to redeem the arena shooter though. So sad that they were remaking the game and fortnite just ended it basically, an in house competitor that was basically a mistake.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man I'd love to play UT again.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Playing Warzone with friends is so much better to just shoot the poo poo when out of the action.

Also having a friend spectating the Gulag and telling you where the opponent is is great :haw:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Playing assault maps on the original unreal tournament on a 56k modem was my first taste of online gaming and it was great

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I need to stop playing Warzone late at night. If I play in the evening I generally do really well, but once 11 pm rolls around it turns into the sweatiest fuckfest and turns me into a rager. Like, it literally gets 5 times harder to do well once all of the COD dads go to bed. I think I'm gonna give myself a WZ curfew I should not be playing games at 1 am anyways lol.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ok i will try blood money

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crustashio posted:

This would work if the next COD is based entirely off of the MW engine.

Up until MW, they were all based on branches of the same engine (going back to COD1 on the idtech Q3 engine), but with MW being an all new engine this might be a feasible direction.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I think it's almost certain Warzone will continue on as its own branch and will draw seasonal content and maps based on whatever the current IW title is. They've clearly laid the groundwork for that being the case with this title. The campaign, co-op, multiplayer & warzone elements of "Modern Warfare" are already by and large compartmentalized. Fortnite has proven you can just re-vamp the ingame content and call it "Chapter 2" so they don't even need to make the case for it being a new business model. The real question is whether or not Blackout will continue as a pseudo-cod or if they'll just really lean into the high-action wacky BR style and let Modern Warfare be the more tacticool BR.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 15, 2020

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

priznat posted:

Is that other launcher, the Carl Gustav analog, any good? I have never used it and never see it whereas I see RPGs, PILAs and JOKRs all over

I've not really found a use for it yet. The damage against vehicles seems so similar to the RPG that it seems to make no real difference in hits-to-kill, and the lack of splash does hurt some against infantry. It is quite a bit faster and more accurate than the RPG, but honestly the RPG is generally accurate at most ranges to hit what you need, especially considering the generous splash. At ranges beyond what I could hit with an RPG, I'd probably want something guided anyway.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Strela-P/Carl G has the niche use of being the launcher that's good at tagging helicopters from longer distances than the RPG can without setting off the missile warning that the PILA/JOKR does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The STRELA takes getting used to and is not Good but it does have an enjoyable niche, that is its rockets are so fast as to almost feel hitscan at short to medium ranges

I treat it like an unwieldy rail gun rather than a launcher though because it does negligible splash damage.