Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Guys, I think someone's gonna reenlist

Can’t re-enlist if you are retired! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The existence of aliens/advanced space flight being classified information not withstanding, has it been revealed what the space force even theoretically responsible for besides satellites?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Can’t re-enlist if you are retired! :v:

*cough*IRR*cough*

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Defenestrategy posted:

The existence of aliens/advanced space flight being classified information not withstanding, has it been revealed what the space force even theoretically responsible for besides satellites?

Space defense obviously (and by defense I mean finding ways to destroy Chinese satellites while pretending we had nothing to do with it)

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

You can get all the answers you seek, just join the USSF, go through a Single Scope Background Investigation, pass a Counter Intelligence and Lifestyle polygraph, and then sign papers saying if you ever disclose anything you go to prison.

Short of that, just wait for their first PFC Manning to get your juicy space details online. It’s.. disturbingly likely to happen, too.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Congress authorized the Space Force, Chief Towberman was the first Enlisted, SNCO, and Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Space Force. He’s the chief with all the flair. The

Does that mean he gets an sword?

Like, generals get a flag, sergeants get an sword?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

BigDave posted:

*cough*IRR*cough*

The IRR is only for those first 8 years of service. I passed the IRR mark on Active Duty a long long time ago. Plus I’m not medically fit to do anything but shitpost and be a computer janitor. Retired life, best military life.

It’s me, I’m the idiot with multiple re-enlistments. Can confirm, some brain damage is present.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

95% of what the USSF does is classified, or at least details of exactly what they’re doing are classified (Can’t hide that you launched a satellite but you don’t have to say what that bird does for instance, or the X-37b as another example) but that just makes it all sexier and more exciting.

Why even bother?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1167493371973255170

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You can get all the answers you seek, just join the USSF, go through a Single Scope Background Investigation, pass a Counter Intelligence and Lifestyle polygraph, and then sign papers saying if you ever disclose anything you go to prison.

Short of that, just wait for their first PFC Manning to get your juicy space details online. It’s.. disturbingly likely to happen, too.

They did multiple TV series about the stargates, you're not fooling anyone!

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

orange juche posted:

Foglesong got one lol

E: he definitely wrote his own entry in wikipedia

E2: lmao he continued to gently caress poo poo up after leaving the AF

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Schadenboner posted:

Apparently the Air Force have shitloads of buster swords?

:shrug:

the branch least likely to be in melee combat

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Duckworth being interviewed by Biden as a potential running mate as VP.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Syrian Lannister posted:

Who are the top contenders? Klob, Harris, Warren, Duckworth, and Abrams? (With comedy Gabbard option?)

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I can’t remember- Can you vote for VP and not President? Because, well. If Duckworth is on the ticket I’d give her my vote.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I can’t remember- Can you vote for VP and not President? Because, well. If Duckworth is on the ticket I’d give her my vote.

I roll with Tammy

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
My CA unemployment is supposed to be filled out entirely online, no paper as per my selection. It's also supposed to end when I stop filling it out cause I go back to work.

CA restarted UI for people who didnt fill it out due to COVID and decided to restart mine. My UI now is being certified on paper when it's not supposed to be, automatically from what I can tell. I am currently getting 1050$ a week and trying to stop it leads in a loop that says stop filling out paperwork when I'm not filling any out and theres no way to email about it. The only way to contact them is a phone call during extremely limited hours that's always busy. I cant imagine if I actually needed it, at least CA is efficient in getting it started. I'm currently not going to touch it until I get back and can set aside a week to get on the phone with UI and give back upwards of $7k.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

No, but you could write in Duckworth/Biden and spoil the ballot.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So just an excuse for generals to jerk each other off?

While pretending that it's the enlisted corps jerking them off, yes.

Edit:

shame on an IGA posted:

An excuse for generals to make SNCO's jerk them off (but in public, with anime swords)

Aaaand there we go.

Gen Lori Robinson, who was frankly the best wing commander I had, got one. After literally killing off an EXTREMELY valuable and difficult to replace enlisted career field. It's been almost twenty years and there is still bitterness in the enlisted C2 communities. And she tried to do it to another one.

PookBear posted:

yeah which as I think godholio pointed out before its dumb because nothing changes other than needing more general officers due to it being its own branch

Basically. The only change is that a lot of poo poo will need to be duplicated (general staffs, training pipelines, basic support functions like finance, etc)

you don’t have to say what that bird does

Until the president tweets it.

Edit2: EFB twice in one post

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 16, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna write in Aliens/Bigfoot, then take the rest of the ballot seriously. Biden will take Colorado with ease anyhow.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Syrian Lannister posted:

Please lord.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Syrian Lannister posted:

Who do I have to yell at to make this happen?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dongbags

RIP to a real one

:patriot:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Gonna write in Aliens/Bigfoot, then take the rest of the ballot seriously. Biden will take Colorado with ease anyhow.

Please, aliens are ineligible by default and Bigfoot has been missing for years - you he has what it takes to return when the country needs him most? There's only one reasonable choice for President in this election, and that is the humble Mothman.

Also in other news, the House finally did what it should have done a month ago and authorized remote voting.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Also Duckworth would be a really solid VP candidate and honestly she's probably one of my top picks, if only for the chance to see her debate Pence (especially if his opinions on Mulan come up)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh yeah, I forgot I said Mothman probably last month or so. Mothman is just as hard to find as Bigfoot though.

E: if the house passed remote voting that means they passed that stimulus bill. Now it can die on McConnells' desk as it was destined.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Column A:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1261491956074582021

Column B:

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1261496158226186240

Dumb fuckers think that the IGs won't end up either testifying or talking during the campaign.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

duckworth please for the love of god

please

please

please

please

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Limp Bizkit gonna get thrust back into the limelight thanks to her campaign song

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

lightpole posted:

My CA unemployment is supposed to be filled out entirely online, no paper as per my selection. It's also supposed to end when I stop filling it out cause I go back to work.

CA restarted UI for people who didnt fill it out due to COVID and decided to restart mine. My UI now is being certified on paper when it's not supposed to be, automatically from what I can tell. I am currently getting 1050$ a week and trying to stop it leads in a loop that says stop filling out paperwork when I'm not filling any out and theres no way to email about it. The only way to contact them is a phone call during extremely limited hours that's always busy. I cant imagine if I actually needed it, at least CA is efficient in getting it started. I'm currently not going to touch it until I get back and can set aside a week to get on the phone with UI and give back upwards of $7k.

It sucks you are having issues with your UI but at least the issue is getting paid too much rather than the other way around.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Update (sorry to interrupt):

https://twitter.com/CatieEdmondson/status/1261497007581073408

Alaan
May 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1261429529802764288?s=19

So that's almost gotta be a hypersonic glide vehicle filtered through ketchup and well done steaks. 17x a mach 1.5 missile gets you ICBM speeds. Anything lower our higher makes basically no sense.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Hekk posted:

It sucks you are having issues with your UI but at least the issue is getting paid too much rather than the other way around.

It's going to be tricky to fix I think but it should turn out ok. CA is supposed to be ok for UI though, I cant imagine dealing with this in a state that has a poo poo system. They are erring on getting money out to people instead of making this difficult. Never thought I would be so grateful for my state government.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh the House committee on foreign affairs is going to investigate? That’s definitely going to yield some results.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaan posted:

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1261429529802764288?s=19

So that's almost gotta be a hypersonic glide vehicle filtered through ketchup and well done steaks. 17x a mach 1.5 missile gets you ICBM speeds. Anything lower our higher makes basically no sense.

Turns out it's an ordinary missile, but it transmits a constant stream of verbatim Trump quotes at the enemy defenses, shorting out their CPUs with invalid inputs, neutralizing all resistance. The ultimate EW weapon!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was invited to a hiring event held at the LAX Marriott for idunno grift jobs. I go back and forth on whether I should have gone. Post fall thank gently caress I thought it was the next week. Seeing that anime sword tho...

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
While I do love Duckworth, she is not known very well outside of places like.. um... us.

But hell yes bring her on so if biden gets #meetood hard enough to resign we get a boss for pres.

edit : lol here i am posting that biden will win hahahahahahahaaaaaaa

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Turns out it's an ordinary missile, but it transmits a constant stream of verbatim Trump quotes at the enemy defenses, shorting out their CPUs with invalid inputs, neutralizing all resistance. The ultimate EW weapon!

Wait RoyofCA is alive?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Oh no, won't someone think of the poor white people in racially exclusive squatter communities that are forced to say racist things on camera? :qq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDafCPGlvEs

/edit:
You don't need to look up details on the guy that uploaded the video. He's everything you surmise he is.

/edit:
Oh, don't look at the comments, etc. You know the drill

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh no, won't someone think of the poor white people in racially exclusive squatter communities that are forced to say racist things on camera? :qq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDafCPGlvEs

/edit:
You don't need to look up details on the guy that uploaded the video. He's everything you surmise he is.

/edit:
Oh, don't look at the comments, etc. You know the drill

lmao at the wtf face the sign language interpreter makes at 4:45 when it starts gettin racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

facialimpediment posted:

Dumb fuckers think that the IGs won't end up either testifying or talking during the campaign.

can't do either if you accidentally drink some polonium tea