Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Milliways doesn't have a breakfast menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ablative posted:

Milliways doesn't have a breakfast menu.

If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

hobbesmaster posted:

If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, but you see, to be rounding out a list of impossible things, it must also be an impossible thing, to have breakfast at Milliways. QED.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A thing being impossible hasn't stopped anything in the last 3 eras from happening.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That's the restaurant at the end of time, but I want a diner that spans all time. The infinite plane of pancakes. And some waffles.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

It's actually the interdimensional hole of pancakes.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

No thanks, I prefer to patronize non-chain universes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So how much does a plate of 12-D pancakes cost anyway? Do you take earth prime doubloons?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

hobbesmaster posted:

So how much does a plate of 12-D pancakes cost anyway? Do you take earth prime doubloons?

Alpha Centauri super nova nuggets only, it's a ripoff.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Did they add a poke at SA in this patch or was that preexisting? Cause that's a fine tradition, goons making that happen.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

To be entirely honest, there's a lot of pokes that can be directed at SA and goons that are entirely correct.

"At hostpital lost fingat post mote later."

-- Ranccor

Is a perfect quote for anything related to explosives.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
I find that "Caveman2Cosmos" and "Meiou and Taxes" (for EU4) have many parallels:

1. Taking simple(r) game and adding tons of stuff on it, until the engine starts to struggle.
2. Using engine that doesn't really support scope of the mod but still persevering.

The difference between these two is that Meiou and Taxes devs are not afraid of cutting out stuff and changing whole systems.

And the biggest similarity between these kinds of mods is that if they were not mods for simpler, popular games, they wouldn't have as many players to play them, even if they could be implemented much better on their own engines.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Did they add a poke at SA in this patch or was that preexisting? Cause that's a fine tradition, goons making that happen.

i could easily see purebrane/strain gold being a luxury resource in the galactic-to-hyperspace stages of the game, with a civilopedia entry composed entirely of tobleronetriangular quotes

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Didn't get a chance to say it in my previous posts, but before this fades into hiatus just wanted to thank everybody for coming along for the ride and special thanks to Super Jay Mann for letting me hijack the thread. You all played a big part in helping to keep me going throughout this month and a half long process and despite it all, I think it was worthwhile in the end. The Let's Play that is, the jury's still out on C2C, which is probably the most optimistic thing i've said about it this whole time.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jossar posted:

Didn't get a chance to say it in my previous posts, but before this fades into hiatus just wanted to thank everybody for coming along for the ride and special thanks to Super Jay Mann for letting me hijack the thread. You all played a big part in helping to keep me going throughout this month and a half long process and despite it all, I think it was worthwhile in the end. The Let's Play that is, the jury's still out on C2C, which is probably the most optimistic thing i've said about it this whole time.

Congratulations, and thanks for sticking it out to the end! Your updates motivated me to continue my own playthrough and despite the game slowing to a crawl and needing to be restarted every thirty minutes I'm nearly done.

I might maybe start my own short playthrough for the thread once my current one is done. I've been wanting to take a look at the desert planet scenario for a while now and I'd like to see if I can make it to the end of ancient era and win a conquest victory despite the map being hilariously unfriendly to the player.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 16, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

President Ark posted:

i could easily see purebrane/strain gold being a luxury resource in the galactic-to-hyperspace stages of the game, with a civilopedia entry composed entirely of tobleronetriangular quotes
TobleroneTriangular is the best long-form trolling that ever existed and every game should do it.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
Sorry to bump, but I've been playing on and off since the end of the thread and I am up to mid-'70s tech and I have to ask those who have played at least up to this point the following question: am I just crazy or is the geothermal factory one can build on the map just a straight up penis?

Geshtal fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 24, 2020

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Geshtal posted:

Sorry to bump, but I've been playing on and off since the end of the thread and I am up to mid-'70s tech and I have to ask those who have played at least up to this point the following question: am I just crazy or is the geothermal factory one can build on the map just a straight up penis?

Eh, doesn't really look like it to me TBH, more a result of someone building/importing a 3D model of a refinery.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It actually looks more like a movie camera to me, especially with those colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
I can kinda see what you mean, but I'm not sure if I'd notice it if you hadn't pointed it out.