Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I was scared it was never gonna happen and we were gonna actually go ahead with forced het AND Kiteman.

Kiteman loving sucks, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Motherfucker posted:

I was scared it was never gonna happen and we were gonna actually go ahead with forced het AND Kiteman.

no, you loving suck

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

Kiteman is a good guy and he tries.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Kiteman is bane 2.0 and you all goddamn know it. You knew it all along!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Kiteman is a good guy and he tries.

hell yeah

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Motherfucker posted:

Kiteman is bane 2.0 and you all goddamn know it. You knew it all along!!

Wait, I'm confused, do you hate Kiteman or not? Because before you said he sucks, but now you're comparing him to Bane who is the best and super lovable.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, I'm confused, do you hate Kiteman or not? Because before you said he sucks, but now you're comparing him to Bane who is the best and super lovable.

Probably apt. I don't hate any of 'em really but at the same time the whole time I watched Kiteman fumble through his arc with Ivy I was like 'none of this feels earned, this has to be a fakeout...' but it went on for ages and I was like 'oh no... they're really going for it' and they fuckin' fooled me, they fooled me real good.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It works so well because Kite Man doesn't suck. It would be so easy if he was just Ivy's Joker, but he's a decent guy and that means better drama when Ivy figures out he's not what nor who she really wants.

P.S. poly ending would be cool, but I don't think even this show has the gumption to try that angle.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
They're going to be a polycule just like every girl who dresses like Harley Quinn

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MizPiz posted:

They're going to be a polycule just like every girl who dresses like Harley Quinn

oh please, its never who you want to be poly who is poly.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh, uhh, all the villains are dead or sidelined now. I hope we don’t end up with Joker as the final antagonist again.

Also, please give this show more seasons. The writering is v. good.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 16, 2020

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, Bane's not dead. He just fell down into a pit.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yeah, Bane's not dead. He just fell down into a pit.

Oh no, def. not dead. Also... maybe not a villain? Like, he bent Batmen's legs the wrong way but he's done less proper villainous stuff than most of the main cast and also seems really good a building solid institutions that help the people inside them.

So, I guess maybe make Bane the mayor?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Skippy McPants posted:

So, I guess maybe make Bane the mayor?

Oh man, I do hope this show ends up with Bane as the new ruler of Gotham, or even the President :allears:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
this episode ruled

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Kite Man more like Cucked Man

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Motherfucker posted:

Probably apt. I don't hate any of 'em really but at the same time the whole time I watched Kiteman fumble through his arc with Ivy I was like 'none of this feels earned, this has to be a fakeout...' but it went on for ages and I was like 'oh no... they're really going for it' and they fuckin' fooled me, they fooled me real good.

Ehh, I dunno if I'd say any of the romance in this show feels earned exactly since it's more about comedy than drama, but I'm not sure I'd say Harley is the better option given that she's been kind of awful to Ivy at times, even if she is trying to make things better since the first season. Like the Freeze episode, where she drags Ivy into a hostile situation that she caused.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Ehh, I dunno if I'd say any of the romance in this show feels earned exactly since it's more about comedy than drama, but I'm not sure I'd say Harley is the better option given that she's been kind of awful to Ivy at times, even if she is trying to make things better since the first season. Like the Freeze episode, where she drags Ivy into a hostile situation that she caused.

A big part of Harley's character is learning to be less awful to the people she cares about, herself included. She's better about it this season than she was the last, but she still got a lotta baggage to unpack in that regard and I wouldn't expect it to stop being central to her character any time soon.

Like Ivy, she lacks any good models for healthy and fulfilling personal relationships. And I agree that two traumatized people starting up a romance is hardly void of risk, especially when one of them might continue a cycle of abuse. Harley will likely start from a place where she's right for Ivy but not good for Ivy, in contrast to Kite Man who is good but not right. The obvious arc is figuring out how to be both good and right.

There's probably a revelation coming somewhere down the line where she realizes she's perpetuating patterns of behavior she internalized from Joker and/or her lovely parents, and is rightly aghast by it.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:30 on May 16, 2020

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
it's not surprising that a bane focused episode ends up being my favorite episode of the series so far

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

You write romance into your comedy it better be either good on its own or at least bad enough to serve the comedy, the kiteman romance thing stuck around far too long and was played far too straight to be a joke, though looking back retroactively it DOES feel more like he is the archetype of a classic figure in the tale as old as time titled: 'Oops I'm thirty and I only just discovered I'm a lesbian' (which is more common than you'd initially imagine!)

I'm actually hoping Kiteman stays cool after this. It'd feel really lovely and cheapen things if he was a jerk all along.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh, uhh, all the villains are dead or sidelined now. I hope we don’t end up with Joker as the final antagonist again.

Also, please give this show more seasons. The writering is v. good.

Joker's going to get his memory back but decide to just keep being super dad instead of going back to villainy because he had One Good Day.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bane's little scooch over to Ivy and Harley when they were all sitting on the ground

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Motherfucker posted:

:frogout:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
For those wondering the fate of Bane, check the creators twitter

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 16, 2020

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

theblackw0lf posted:

Wwmmm sure he'll be fine. Iiin THE PIT all things are pssible!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

theblackw0lf posted:

I'm bad at Twitter and can't find what you're talking about, sorry. Mind c/p'ing it?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I can't believe they didn't want a bane hug

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

theblackw0lf posted:

i searched for like four twitter accounts and got nothing. thank you

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

You write romance into your comedy it better be either good on its own or at least bad enough to serve the comedy, the kiteman romance thing stuck around far too long and was played far too straight to be a joke, though looking back retroactively it DOES feel more like he is the archetype of a classic figure in the tale as old as time titled: 'Oops I'm thirty and I only just discovered I'm a lesbian' (which is more common than you'd initially imagine!)

I'm actually hoping Kiteman stays cool after this. It'd feel really lovely and cheapen things if he was a jerk all along.

Hope Kiteman stays cool, yeah.

On the other hand Joker is working as the barman at Kiteman's hangout, and it's all too easy to see a situation where he and Ivy have a huge blowout breakup and he ends up spilling his guts to Joker at the bar and, I dunno, the show pulls a Scott Pilgrim and season 3's villains are the League of Harley and Ivy's Evil Ex-Boyfriends.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

League of Harley and Ivy's Evil Ex-Boyfriends.

League of Evil Exes. There's gotta be at least one Roxy equivalent.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
League of Exes would be fantastic. There's going to be a lot of internal conflict between people Ivy was actually dating and the rando bank guards she hypnotized into opening the vault and are still hung up on her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nameless Pete posted:

League of Exes would be fantastic. There's going to be a lot of internal conflict between people Ivy was actually dating and the rando bank guards she hypnotized into opening the vault and are still hung up on her.

And those kids who she entranced.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
League of Ex's is a good way to have a bunch of random characters show up.

Lets see...there was Killawog, Bleez, Constantine, Scarface, Jason Todd both Robin and Red Hood, Big Bear and Matter Eater Lad.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
One of the exes is going to have to be a guy who severely misunderstood Harley/Ivy being nice to them in passing, so who's it gonna be?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Dr. Psycho

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'd prefer a regular revenge league to a league of ex's, lead by Nora/Killer Frost (also Bane is part of it).

Kiteman joins because the pay is good he really needs rent money, he doesn't actually hold a grudge against Harley or Ivy (still kind of an awkward situation for the three of them though).

Edit:

Like, for me personally the most interesting option is Kiteman being heartbroken, but not wanting to seek revenge against anyone and just wanting to move on with his life. However, because he and his ex and his ex's new girlfriend all have the same careers they're still constantly running into each other and it's incredibly and hilariously uncomfortable for everyone involved.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 16, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

League of Ex's is a good way to have a bunch of random characters show up.

Lets see...there was Killawog, Bleez, Constantine, Scarface, Jason Todd both Robin and Red Hood, Big Bear and Matter Eater Lad.

Constantine shows up, but it turns out he's actually there because of King Shark.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CommissarMega posted:

I'm bad at Twitter and can't find what you're talking about, sorry. Mind c/p'ing it?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Like, for me personally the most interesting option is Kiteman being heartbroken, but not wanting to seek revenge against anyone and just wanting to move on with his life. However, because he and his ex and his ex's new girlfriend all have the same careers they're still constantly running into each other and it's incredibly and hilariously uncomfortable for everyone involved.

If they can fit this into the larger 'Harley discovering how to be without the Joker' arc, I'd be 1000% down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Bruceski posted:

Constantine shows up, but it turns out he's actually there because of King Shark.

:yeshaha: