Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

It really not. It's a great way to get into the top 10 or 5, where you will get stomped by people who regularly find & take fights instead of turtling and hoping for ring position.

This same argument happens in every BR thread, but I guarantee you the people who don't spend the whole game hiding have better winrates than people who do.

This is true. I tend to place more in the top 5-10 when running around with a shotgun than camping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

Yes maybe if there was a benefit to killing others like other games. You don’t gain anything by fighting in WZ because there’s no such thing as loot.

There is a benefit and good loot at the end does matter. You aren't going to get the cash for 2x loadout kits, 4 airstrikes, 4x gas masks and 4 self revives by hiding in a house and those things are huge in the final circle.

The benefit to fighting, aside from cash, is that you get better at fighting the more you do it. BRs are super dynamic by nature and every fight you take is a encounter you can learn from, be it how to win or why you lost. Ultimately being successful at BRs is mainly about making the right decisions and making them fast. Being good at clicking mans helps but it's only part of the equation. Just playing for ring position is leaving out a huge part of the equation.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The draw or BRs is the unpredictability. You know what a deathmatch or conquest or whatever round is gonna be like. Every BR round is different. The trick is eliminating variables. As I've said again and again, dont land outside. Sure, might be quiet, might be able to waltz inside easy. Better off eliminating that factor and not winding up in a shitshow fight in an open field, best case scenario with someone also trying to get inside, worst case, being picked off by someone who did the right thing.

Staying still is death. We've all been killed by some upstairs corner camper but those guys are never gonna win often. Decision making is paramount, but aggressiveness wins as long as its done right. Be the hunter, not the hunted. How many rounds have we landed quiet, got armed to the teeth, rotten with cash and after about 5 recons go right to the last area and wait. Just to be slaughtered. You also dont wanna wait too long move in. Dont move in to the edge of the ring, be at the next ring or almost to it when the current one is closing.

Stopppppppppppppppp sniping. 2 or 3 guys on a team on a rooftop wasting ammo and plates does no one any good. Go play Sniper Elite. By the time sniping is of any real use, you better be geared up for CQC instead.

The absolute biggest issue that we are basically all guilty of is not staying close enough to each other and communicating enough. I ping like a madman but it seems often times if I dont say it out loud too, no one will notice. Also, change the setting so your minimap is square and not circle so you can see more on it. Pay attention to the drat thing.

And sorry for all the times we are dropping ~1400m+ away and I have the need to try and steal a chopper to get there and end up dead

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Idgi, is multiplayer matchmaking permanently broken now? Just "Searching for a match..." endlessly and the past few patches have done nothing :smith:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
My squad won a game last night where we got wiped opening drop at the hangars. I won my gulag, other two lost and based on the circle and the a scavenger, I dropped by the garages west of the airport under the hills.

Gathered enough to buy back, did another scavenger, scared the other team off the free loadout and struggled our way to a win. I picked the wrong loadout, got knocked by the gas looking for plates off dead bodies, looted an m4 with no foregrip (wtf) and dropped 9 people with that garbage rear end m4.

And to think, we were going to quit when the other two died in the gulag.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Had a pretty good solo game but woof when you do get killed and get dropped back in to a smaller ring you gotta get drat lucky otherwise you won't last too long with a pistol. At least with squads you can hopefully drop on your buds who can either toss you a gun or cover you.

If you're playing regular CoD it levels up your guns there too right? Just the only thing unaffected is the battlepass?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I wholeheartedly disagree with the sniping dig. Rooftop Rooftop is just making both teams weak but if you want to survive ground to rooftop or rooftop to ground you need to be able to kill F distance in a short window

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I was in a murder truck earlier and a sniping team downed both bed men from out of rpg range and then finished. The finish is the problem with most snipers

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't really snipe much, and as annoying as it is to get sniped from a mile away I accept that it is just part of the game and ultimately it's fine and usually it boils down to me not paying enough attention and looking out for scope glint. The problem I do have though is that they have made the most sniper/high ground/camper friendly BR map of all time and the counter sniper measures are pitiful. I really think they need to buff the killstreaks to be able to effectively hit rooftops (from the ground) easier, and give less warning at the very least. Right now all they do is deter campers for a couple of seconds.

Was also thinking of how useful a grapple tactical would be. Not like the one from Blackout where you zip all over (although that would be fun tbh) but something like a portable version of the elevators so you could actually flank people on rooftops without having to blatantly expose yourself by running up stairs or taking a static elevator that leaves you totally vunerable.

I just think the game desperately needs more ways to deal with getting aggressive on campers. if you are going to put that much of an emphasis on high ground with your map you need appropriate countermeasures and what the game has right now is dire.

Also I just really want to rappel up buildings it's would rule.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 16, 2020

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I was in a murder truck earlier and a sniping team downed both bed men from out of rpg range and then finished. The finish is the problem with most snipers

But friend, you shouldn't have been in the (now gimped) murder truck in the first place. Thats another rule. Ground vehicles are only permissible when its the only way to escape the gas- which you shouldn't have to worry about because you should have dropped inside and not chosen fights that expose you to the gas in the first place!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I don't really snipe much, and as annoying as it is to get sniped from a mile away I accept that it is just part of the game and ultimately it's fine and usually it boils down to me not paying enough attention and looking out for scope glint. The problem I do have though is that they have made the most sniper/high ground/camper friendly BR map of all time and the counter sniper measures are pitiful. I really think they need to buff the killstreaks to be able to effectively hit rooftops (from the ground) easier, and give less warning at the very least. Right now all they do is deter campers for a couple of seconds.

Was also thinking of how useful a grapple tactical would be. Not like the one from Blackout where you zip all over (although that would be fun tbh) but something like a portable version of the elevators so you could actually flank people on rooftops without having to blatantly expose yourself by running up stairs or taking a static elevator that leaves you totally vunerable.

I just think the game desperately needs more ways to deal with getting aggressive on campers. if you are going to put that much of an emphasis on high ground with your map you need appropriate countermeasures and what the game has right now is dire.

Also I just really want to rappel up buildings it's would rule.

if position is known it's easier to counter snipe then snipe in this game. Rooftops do not have good angles and you cannot step on your tippy toes even with the mounting option.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

if position is known it's easier to counter snipe then snipe in this game. Rooftops do not have good angles and you cannot step on your tippy toes even with the mounting option.

Okay....But if you're in the tallest building in a zone and there's literally only one way up to the top of that building, you can counter snipe all you want. The people in that building can still hold it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Dude I never snipe and have a dim view of campers but I'm pretty sure scope glint is visible through smoke grenades from across the map and

Lmao this is the best call of duty

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not everyone likes to snipe though. I just think there should be better options to close in on snipers and make them feel less safe in general, other than plinking away back with a counter sniper. And even if you drop someone on a roof above via countersniping, 90% of the time they will just back off and get revived.

Not that it's impossible to storm a roof and catch snipers off guard. But it's really loving hard to actually pull off and usually requires an insane amount of teamwork and a good bit of luck.

You can always just leave and not deal with them as well, but that is no fun.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The worst part is the time it takes. Either you commit suicide by going up the zip line or take 14 hours to crouch walk safely up the stairs, and even then they probably have the door shut on you so you have to expose yourself that way on most rooftops to be able to get to them. Then you got headglitching. So great when literally about 2" of the top of someones head is all thats showing yet they can snipe away at you perfectly.

Despite all this though, their effect is minimal unless you put yourself in a situation to get sniped. Its not like there is any shortage of cover downtown which is the worst sniper area.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Good soup! posted:

Idgi, is multiplayer matchmaking permanently broken now? Just "Searching for a match..." endlessly and the past few patches have done nothing :smith:

The entire game is broken, embrace the chaos.

I wish i could run around with pistols and a launcher. Killing fools using only a launcher and prox mines is the best thing

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

codo27 posted:

The worst part is the time it takes. Either you commit suicide by going up the zip line or take 14 hours to crouch walk safely up the stairs, and even then they probably have the door shut on you so you have to expose yourself that way on most rooftops to be able to get to them. Then you got headglitching. So great when literally about 2" of the top of someones head is all thats showing yet they can snipe away at you perfectly.

Despite all this though, their effect is minimal unless you put yourself in a situation to get sniped. Its not like there is any shortage of cover downtown which is the worst sniper area.

yeah basically. I mean, it not so much that I think it's unfair because you can generally just leave them be and do something else, but it does feel unbalanced and poorly thought through. I just think it's way too easy to hold rooftops and the game should offer better way to go and gently caress up rooftop campers if they want to. because stairs and elevators are way too easy to defend.

I just think it needs better countermeasures and there are all sorts of thing they could do to achieve this, so I don't get why they don't when they have designed the map this way.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
DT is also pretty easily avoidable for the most part, I find it's rare to have a final circle in it. I think the most powerful sniping position is the air traffic control tower. We won a match a few days ago by just mining the elevator and gatekeeping people who needed to cross the open runway to the other side of the river. It even has a roof so killstreaks can't really touch it, and the only good sniping vantage point against it is in the mountains by dam. In DT once you know what building a squad is on, you can usually move on the ground without exposing yourself.

I've definitely become a fan of just being more aggressive in WZ these days. Drop inside the circle, grab a bounty or a scavenger, get a loadout and start going hunting with UAVs. If you die early on you always have a gulag and lots of opportunity for buyback. If you don't die you get you usually get a bunch of cash (which is the important loot in WZ) that you can roll up into more UAVs, masks and self revives. Getting into those early fights helps me warm up as well. My k/d has been steadily rising going this way, as opposed to farming recons which pretty much trashed it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only want pure aggression in WZ. I'd rather roll the dice at a hot drop where at worst the game ends early, than sit around waiting for poo poo to happen for 15 minutes and getting sniped from a tower with nothing to show for it. I like landing at boneyard cause either you walk out of there with 5 kills or the game ends almost immediately. And there is plenty of low ground cover so I don't worry much about roofs.

Also if I get a couple of kills right off the bat I usually get amped up and way more confident, and play better for the rest of the round.

Drop hot, grab every objective, stay moving. That's the fun way to play imo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I only want pure aggression in WZ. I'd rather roll the dice at a hot drop where at worst the game ends early, than sit around waiting for poo poo to happen for 15 minutes and getting sniped from a tower with nothing to show for it. I like landing at boneyard cause either you walk out of there with 5 kills or the game ends almost immediately. And there is plenty of low ground cover so I don't worry much about roofs.

Also if I get a couple of kills right off the bat I usually get amped up and way more confident, and play better for the rest of the round.

Drop hot, grab every objective, stay moving. That's the fun way to play imo.

:agreed: that is fun. Grabbing up the contracts is great too, it's a cool way to get some cash and have something to work towards.

Also are there any hotkeys for buying stuff from the store I always feel like it takes way too long using the mouse.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm new to this and have mostly been leveling up guns in Co-Op Special Forces, and the 24 hour shipment they had last week, and I'm just now getting into Warzone. I've played BR in PUBG, but this feels totally different. What are two good loadouts I should have for Warzone when I can get a weapons drop?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

at the final circle the team closer to the core has the advantage. You can force it with killsyreaks too. Ive won more being below a final sniping nest then on, but people in this game are terrible. If you have a rifle you get thousands of damage on rooftop snipers. They can only be in a very small area.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

If you're hell bent on storming a rooftop camp spot, you really have to cluster strike it to conceal your approach. I'll get in a building and call in the strike as I run up the stairs.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It depends on what guns you have unlocked, but there is a pretty simple formula for WZ AR builds:

-monolithic suppressor
-longest barrel
-60rd mags
-underbarrel to reduce recoil (depends on the gun. I use commando on the grau, operator on the M4)
-Reflex optic if you need it, otherwise run something to reduce ADS

Basically you want to use one of the 5.56 ARs (Grau, M4, M13, or kilo) and kit it for high damage range and low recoil. The current meta right now is grau with monolithic, archangel barrel, 60rd mags, commando foregrip and tac laser or stippled grip. Zero recoil and the longest damage ranges of any AR.

You should also have a loadout that is your preferred gun of choice with fully loaded as one of the perks. If you drop lategame from the gulag or a buyback onto a free loadout, you won't have any spare mags when you pick it up and can be really hard to find ammo at that point.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dpulex posted:

The entire game is broken, embrace the chaos.

I wish i could run around with pistols and a launcher. Killing fools using only a launcher and prox mines is the best thing

I say this a lot but have you tried shield+RPG? I like to pop off my twins then chain scavenge ground guns

Pro mode is you don't reload the ground guns you just keep finding more

E:* MP strat only

Use RPG asap in multiplayer. If you did with remaining RPG ammo you have hosed Up

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You know, I dont recall a final circle ever falling in DT.

Something else to add to the list, when it comes crunch time, you gotta know when to relinquish the high ground. I've been having great success with the stim solos, always racking up 8-10+ kills if I go any distance. I roam around killing folk this round, wind up in the bloc just south of TV station with the blue building/club etc, near the "sweaty town" some call it. Flush a guy out of the red roof apartment building, I'm dead center and its late so I decide to stand pat (scorning my own aforementioned rule about standing still). Final 3. I know something happened below, I'm on the top floor, not risking going on the roof. Circle pushes me out, I go to the roof. I had a gas mask and more time than I gave myself, take off too fast and get shot at by a guy across the way by the burger joint. Thought I'd made it to ground safely behind elevation where I could plate up, guy who was below me comes out of the building and shoots me in the back. I shoulda went down and engaged him. Too often I think I'm fuckin golden right at the end of the game and gently caress myself by waiting too long or putting myself in a position where I gotta chute it and put a big target on my back.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I could basically nuke at will in MW2 but I am struggling to get anything past a VTOL for the last challenges I have.

I might need to just spam care packages and pray.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

I say this a lot but have you tried shield+RPG? I like to pop off my twins then chain scavenge ground guns

Pro mode is you don't reload the ground guns you just keep finding more

E:* MP strat only

Use RPG asap in multiplayer. If you did with remaining RPG ammo you have hosed Up

i use rpg until its empty all the time. its pointless to use any other weapon.

hey is the jokr butts?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JaySB posted:

If you're hell bent on storming a rooftop camp spot, you really have to cluster strike it to conceal your approach. I'll get in a building and call in the strike as I run up the stairs.

Not gonna lie this never occured to me and I feel like a dumbass. So you could just go into a stairwell, aim straight up and it's cluster the roof? cause yeah going to the top and then striking before storming out sounds like a great strategy. You could probably even just camp the door and wait for them to fly inside. I'm gonna start doing this. I usually just pray that I'm gonna hit the right angle from the ground.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
I need to express that I absolutely loving hate this campaign mission where you're a little girl and you have to shoot the guys with the revolver. gently caress this stupid poo poo.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
AND HEY WHILE I'M AT IT HOW ABOUT THE loving SKIP BUTTON ACTUALLY SKIPS THE CINEMATIC INSTEAD OF JUST GOING TO LATER IN THE CINEMATIC

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
they managed to make a CoD where the campaign is somehow more infuriating than getting called the n-word by preteens in multiplayer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

fart store posted:

they managed to make a CoD where the campaign is somehow more infuriating than getting called the n-word by preteens in multiplayer

The edgy nature of CoD campaigns dating from “no russian” is a big reason why I don’t have a lot of interest in playing their campaigns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

COD campaigns are fun just don't take them too seriously. They always deliver on cool set pieces and scenarios and shootmans, which is why I'm there. Not to get a good story. I loved the MW2019 campaign and thought it was a blast.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Not gonna lie this never occured to me and I feel like a dumbass. So you could just go into a stairwell, aim straight up and it's cluster the roof? cause yeah going to the top and then striking before storming out sounds like a great strategy. You could probably even just camp the door and wait for them to fly inside. I'm gonna start doing this. I usually just pray that I'm gonna hit the right angle from the ground.

Yeah, people tend to panic run when you airstrike or cluster a rooftop so when they come literally sprinting in the door you'll have the advantage on em.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i genuinely just like being called the n word by preteens

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think getting the 1911 skins might be the thing that finally breaks me. Even in hardcore people can survive 3 body shots from it and it only have 7 in the mag and I have to get 75 kills with it using no attachments.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Wtf did you level instead during 10x10 shipment

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Statutory Ape posted:

Wtf did you level instead during 10x10 shipment

I was doing the good stuff like getting all the Uzi parts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Just won a Warzone trio where whole team got squad wiped. I lost and a teammate lost in gulag. One guy wins and he’s back by a radio tower in the southwest corner of the map. He kills a guy and gets me back. We both have no ammo so we hide under those long buildings where you can lay down underneath and kill a guy. We run towards the final circle and end up winning and the last guy who we kill calls us a loving pussy in the death audio.

When the game all comes together for me nothing tops it. Snatching a win feels so good. 99 percent of the time I’m just disgruntled though.