Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

parchment under the broiler seems not ideal?

I wouldn't use the broiler for this, I generally just put it the oven at 425 until it looks done.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i realize this morning my daughter has a dairy allergy and my wife cannot handle tandoori spiciness thus I will not be in a position to act on this tip for one million years

I'm vegan so I don't eat dairy. I've been using this lady's
yogurt recipe for a while and it's been pretty good for when I get the craving for something tandoori or tikka masala style. It's also pretty easy to make. Alternatively you can get vegan yogurts but most of them are pretty weird tasting imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm vegan so I don't eat dairy. I've been using this lady's
yogurt recipe for a while and it's been pretty good for when I get the craving for something tandoori or tikka masala style. It's also pretty easy to make. Alternatively you can get vegan yogurts but most of them are pretty weird tasting imo.
very kind of you to link that, but in a devastating twist she’s also allergic to cashews

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
god that was a fun thing to have discovered for the first time, in the early days of the outbreak

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

my wife cannot handle tandoori spiciness

o_O

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

remember that bad stanford antibody study by an economist that showed everyone has had covid already so no need to worry?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/stephaniemlee/stanford-coronavirus-neeleman-ioannidis-whistleblower

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

we basically don’t eat anything that isn’t spicy

do you add chili to your water or do some
people drink spicy water

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's drinking, echi. it isn't the same thing as eating.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

well, i suppose there’s a way to make mild tandoori chicken. it’s off the table as “authentic” either way, as long as i have to feed this kid

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is there even anything spicy in tandoori?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

mystes posted:

poo poo lookit all those vowels

gotta be

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mystes posted:

cayenne and/or red chili powder, for that red color

i’ve only ever had it as a spicy (but not insanely spicy) dish in canada, from central to east

mystes
May 31, 2006

I guess you could make it with paprika or tomato or something then, unless those are also too spicy.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mystes posted:

I guess you could make it with paprika or tomato or something then, unless those are also too spicy.
yeah. plain rear end paprika would work.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

echinopsis posted:

people drink spicy water

One of the things I don't miss about the office is that occasionally the cafeteria would have "jalapeno spa water"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

people drink spicy water

Chinese people don't drink cold water. I guess you could call tea "spicy water" if you like

mystes
May 31, 2006

ShadowHawk posted:

One of the things I don't miss about the office is that occasionally the cafeteria would have "jalapeno spa water"
Better than the jacuzzi having jalapeno spa water I guess?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

jalepeno spa water is what comes out of my rear end after eating at Taco Bell

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

yeah. plain rear end paprika would work.

i just use ketchup

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
sagebrush rockin' into the nearest pf changs

"HELLO I would like some general chows chicken and a pot of your finest spicy water please!"

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ShadowHawk posted:

just googler things

beats ginger + pineapple

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

people drink spicy water

i mean some cocktails yeah i guess and lol at drinking non alcoholic water

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

tandoori absolutely does not have to be hot. it has to be spicy (that is, fairly strongly flavored with spice) but you don't need to go HAM with the cayenne

it's better when you do though :getin:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

that's drinking, echi. it isn't the same thing as eating.

word on the street is that they both go in your mouth if you're doing it right

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

Chinese people don't drink cold water. I guess you could call tea "spicy water" if you like

spicy water good for healthy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

as good a time as ever to remind people that Crispian Mills is just absolutely off his nut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jTXdiBwas

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fart simpson posted:

we basically don’t eat anything that isn’t spicy

same

food without spice is bland

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

They’re not the only ones

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

while we are airing our food stuff I will go on the record and state I prefer soda and water room temp no I will not be taking any questions thank u

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you're half right

mods

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

actually I guess I should mention that I have 28 fillings from stomach issues I had when I was a teenager so my teeth are extremely sensitive to cold

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

same

food without spice is bland

my gf actually had no concept of people not eating spicy food until she went to college

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

while we are airing our food stuff I will go on the record and state I prefer soda and water room temp no I will not be taking any questions thank u

room temperature mountain dew (because you're too busy to get up and go to the fridge when you want a drink) is the real gamer fuel

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ShadowHawk posted:

We'd have these weird promo tie ups where some young earnest sales people would appear in the cafeteria and try to get everyone to try some new brand of water/juice/tea/energy drink that would without fail be extremely expensive, disgusting and relegated to a small section of the fridge within a week.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

I’ve wondered this but about say Egypt or middle eastern countries where I don’t know if people were drunk all the time

They were, or they were whacked-out on khat or opium or any of many regionally-equivalent uppers/downers.

Really, the shocking thing is that any building built more than ~100 years ago has actually stayed up (even accounting for survivor bias &c. &c. &c.).

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Uptime Sinclair posted:

cayenne and/or red chili powder, for that red color

i’ve only ever had it as a spicy (but not insanely spicy) dish in canada, from central to east

If you have an indian store in the area try some kashmiri chilli powder. Generally indian recipes use both regular and kashmiri chilli powder. The regular chilli powder gives food more spice, and the kashmiri chilli powder is mostly there for the color and it has a very slight spiciness.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

fart simpson posted:

my gf actually had no concept of people not eating spicy food until she went to college

in elementary school i knew people who thought pepperoni was too spicy which :psyduck: the concept of it being spicy still boggles my mind

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my minnesota mom thinks bell pepper is 'spicy' and orders dishes without it.

i have no idea how i'm descended from her

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

my minnesota mom thinks bell pepper is 'spicy' and orders dishes without it.

i have no idea how i'm descended from her

i have met a handful of people who say the same thing and they're all midwesterners from minnesota or wisconsin. at this point i figure it has to be something genetic like cilantro, endemic to some group of swedish-americans or whatever, because there is no way anyone with typical human taste buds can report a green pepper to be "spicy."

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

someone on our own yospos posted about how salt + pepper were too spicy for them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
There's definitely such a thing as too much pepper.