Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bruceski posted:

Constantine shows up, but it turns out he's actually there because of King Shark.

Going back to that discussion, why did everyone assume King Shark was the top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

MizPiz posted:

King shark is a shark?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Constantine shows up, but it turns out he's actually there because of King Shark.

I have already canonized that in every version of Constantine throughout all time and space.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Caros posted:

King shark is a shark?

King shark is a king.

Caros
May 14, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I have already canonized that in every version of Constantine throughout all time and space.

Keanu Reeves and King shark is an amazing mental image.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MizPiz posted:

Because anyone who says they don't want to be topped by a shark is a coward and a liar.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Because anyone who says they don't want to be topped by a shark is a coward and a liar.

I guess, you could say tha I don't want to gently caress a shark because I'm a coward. It just seems like a bad idea in so many separate ways.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is power bottom erasure

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh no, def. not dead. Also... maybe not a villain? Like, he bent Batmen's legs the wrong way but he's done less proper villainous stuff than most of the main cast and also seems really good a building solid institutions that help the people inside them.

So, I guess maybe make Bane the mayor?

Him breaking Batman's legs was an act of good, given how much of a brat the Bat was being in that episode.

At least now we know where Damian gets his lovely attitude from.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Eek sorry forgot to post the creator's twitter

https://twitter.com/PMSchumacker

I'd post the actual post but I couldn't do it in spoiler tags

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gordon's murder rampage through the old GCPD HQ was pretty crazy.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ironic that Gordon is harder to hit than a master of Drunken Fist while he's sober.

theblackw0lf posted:

Eek sorry forgot to post the creator's twitter

https://twitter.com/PMSchumacker

I'd post the actual post but I couldn't do it in spoiler tags

Ahh k, Bane's dead. Whelp it was a nice run.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

Ironic that Gordon is harder to hit than a master of Drunken Fist while he's sober.

https://twitter.com/PMSchumacker/status/1261541333455433729

Or am I just not getting the joke?

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

MizPiz posted:

This is power bottom erasure
Also not even necessarily power bottom - submissive high-powered executives are a thing, so submissive King Shark is totally feasible.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Ironic more that as a sworn peace officer killing tons of armed marauders with head-shots is completely legal meanwhile Batgirl and Batman have to stick to zip ties and tranq darts.

This seems real dumb, but if Batman just rolled around with a uniformed officer, said officer could lethally engage any of these violent criminals trying to kill people and its no big deal.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://twitter.com/PMSchumacker/status/1261541333455433729

Or am I just not getting the joke?

Ahh k, that wasn't showing up on the timeline for me at all, the timeline just completely skipped it. All I saw was the script page saying he fell towards jagged rocks with no venom

pentyne posted:

Ironic more that as a sworn peace officer killing tons of armed marauders with head-shots is completely legal meanwhile Batgirl and Batman have to stick to zip ties and tranq darts.

This seems real dumb, but if Batman just rolled around with a uniformed officer, said officer could lethally engage any of these violent criminals trying to kill people and its no big deal.

If someone took over a police station irl with machine guns, they'll be lucky if all they get is one headshot when the cops take it back. Bonus points if its in a post-anarchy setting.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 17, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
You know who I expect before the end of this season swearing revenge that we haven't seen in a while? Penguin's Nephew

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Ah cmon bat MAN is the no guns guy and bat girl in this situation is a cops daughter who hasn't yet been shot through the spine enough to have her own 'guns bad' moment... its probably fine.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Xelkelvos posted:

You know who I expect before the end of this season swearing revenge that we haven't seen in a while? Penguin's Nephew

Soon there will be all the legacy characters. That guy, Nora Freeze. I guess Cherryl takes over for bane. Two-face is an rear end in a top hat who nobody cares enough about.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
they better not kill off my man the riddler just yet, this version of him is fuckin' great.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Eh I don't care about reviving or replacing anyone. We won't get Scarecrow back so what's even the point :(

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I just saw the new episode..

*clears throat*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :neckbeard:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BigRed0427 posted:

So I just saw the new episode..

*clears throat*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :neckbeard:

The TA DA music at the end was the best :allears:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Binary Badger posted:

According to TVLine, Season 2 of Doom Patrol will take up right where it left off, after the cockroach / rat lovemaking scene.

The DP will still be stuck at tiny size and have to figure out how to grow 'spiritually and physically' to get back to where they were.

Personally, I'd bet it's gonna have to involve Negative Man pulling some more warp hole tricks to get them normalized, none of the others have any powers that would help in this situation, unless Crazy Jane has a personality devoted to enlarging things or Ray Palmer stops by and lends them some white dwarf matter or something.

I don't think they had any time or budget to have a Legends of Tomorrow crossover, but that would be nice in a JLA / JSA tradition..

and it starts on June 26th. I thought they didn't finish filming so this is great news.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/doom-patrols-season-2-premiere-is-coming-in-fast-and-ho-1843441446

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Doom Patrol going to be on any streaming service other than DC Universe? I thought it was supposed to come to Canadian Netflix like Titans.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Speaking of DC Universe, is there literally anything worth watching besides Harley and Doom Patrol? I tried watching a few things - justice league, teen titans, some of the animated batman movies, and i turned them all off in the first 15-20 minutes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Stepdad-Joker is going to be the one to give Kiteman the advice and support he'll need in order to move on with his life in a healthy way.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lechtansi posted:

Speaking of DC Universe, is there literally anything worth watching besides Harley and Doom Patrol? I tried watching a few things - justice league, teen titans, some of the animated batman movies, and i turned them all off in the first 15-20 minutes.

It depends. How do you feel about angsty teenagers?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Hypocrisy posted:

It depends. How do you feel about angsty teenagers?

Not a huge fan, but I'm willing to put up with it for amazing stories.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Rhonne posted:

Stepdad-Joker is going to be the one to give Kiteman the advice and support he'll need in order to move on with his life in a healthy way.

I’m still hopeful the creators are going to use this to thoughtfully explore the concept of polyamory.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

I’m still hopeful the creators are going to use this to thoughtfully explore the concept of polyamory.

I think KM is just way too 'lesbian's first boyfriend' for that. He's nice, but he's ultimately someone she settled for because he was good enough and she hadn't realised something better was possible.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lechtansi posted:

Not a huge fan, but I'm willing to put up with it for amazing stories.

In that case I'll say give Young Justice season 1 a shot. While it has obvious hooks for further seasons it tells a complete story more or less in and of itself.

Darth Walrus posted:

I think KM is just way too 'lesbian's first boyfriend' for that. He's nice, but he's ultimately someone she settled for because he was good enough and she hadn't realised something better was possible.

Ivy always knew better was possible. At a minimum she saw Brad in season 1.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lechtansi posted:

Stargirl starts tomorrow and has some good pre-air reviews.

twistedmentat posted:

Is Doom Patrol going to be on any streaming service other than DC Universe? I thought it was supposed to come to Canadian Netflix like Titans.

It is going to be showing up on HBO Max as well.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Lechtansi posted:

Do they have Batman Beyond / Batman of the Future (same thing different countries)? Or Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Those are both great in different ways.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
You know, it just occurred to me - the pandemic might herald the Golden Age of animation. Hell, even The Blacklist did ~40% of its finale in really lovely CGI with voiceovers.

And the turnaround for Season 2 of HQ was a hiccup compared to something like Venture Bros. or R&M.

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008
I think Seasons 1 and 2 of HQ were produced together, which explains the minimal downtime between seasons. I'm assuming the wait for Season 3 will be at least a bit longer, assuming we get a Season 3 (fingers crossed, considering this is the best thing DC has done in a while).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, they got a 26 episode order and decided to split it into two seasons.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You know, it just occurred to me - the pandemic might herald the Golden Age of animation. Hell, even The Blacklist did ~40% of its finale in really lovely CGI with voiceovers.

And the turnaround for Season 2 of HQ was a hiccup compared to something like Venture Bros. or R&M.

im hoping for a big comeback for literature but im willing to settle for a manga/anime boom

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

im hoping for a big comeback for literature but im willing to settle for a manga/anime boom

A bunch of anime's been delayed because of Covid so I wouldn't hold my breath on that. There's not a specifically listed reason why, but my personal guess is inability to do VA stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Xelkelvos posted:

A bunch of anime's been delayed because of Covid so I wouldn't hold my breath on that. There's not a specifically listed reason why, but my personal guess is inability to do VA stuff.

More likely it's low-level animators who don't have the equipment at home to do their work. Your VA has an agent and a career, it's on them to have a good mic and recording space if they're WFH. A junior animator would need a good monitor, mid-range PC, and probably a good tablet to WFH.

And no, a lot of companies are run by people who aren't competent enough to come up with "box up their workstation at the studio and send it to them". And of those companies that manage it, not all of those systems get set up right at home by artists.