Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

sba posted:

you need it to craft most of the good ironwood furniture

Ohhh that makes sense.

Quarantown is closed! Thanks everyone for visiting.

Delphinus your message post is amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if Flick was put into the game late or something. Feels kinda odd he has no challenges tied to him and a pretty small handful of lines when compared to CJ who gives you Flick lore each time you get a trophy from him. Like, it feels kinda weird that he keeps talking to me about Flicks dad and everything when all Flick says is 'thank u for commissions' then leaves.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wonder if Flick was put into the game late or something. Feels kinda odd he has no challenges tied to him and a pretty small handful of lines when compared to CJ who gives you Flick lore each time you get a trophy from him. Like, it feels kinda weird that he keeps talking to me about Flicks dad and everything when all Flick says is 'thank u for commissions' then leaves.

Flick is shy!!!

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey I just got the recipe from
Marshal (will not try to learn it until I leave). He was walking around but still holding a hammer (and now he’s hammering away again). All is not lost.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Queen Victorian posted:

Hey I just got the recipe from
Marshal (will not try to learn it until I leave). He was walking around but still holding a hammer (and now he’s hammering away again). All is not lost.

my game just crashed too, I'm going to restart and see if he starts up again

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I've never seen a villager walking around pissed off before, but Rowan was absolutely steaming because Zucker doesn't care about his gains. It was quite possibly the cutest and funniest thing I've seen in this game so far.

Day 1 of rock moving is successful! AND I've left enough spaces beside trees that my fossils are still spawning! I'm cool about the money spots not cause I'm drowning in bells but I"m happy about the fossils still going.

Does anyone have a really nice cobblestone pattern? The in game one irritates me because it doesn't fill the whole square, and while I like the one I downloaded, I'm looking for a bit more depth and variety.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Started moving my rocks. Couldn't think of a better layout for the rock garden... I wanted to do something interesting at least, so I made room for that fake artwork statue with the guy holding the shovel instead of the sword. Seemed appropriate.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Hey, so I've seen people complaining about others walking through their flowers. Does this reduce their chance of spawning new flowers or something? I'm not sure if I should avoid stepping on flowers when I'm watering mine.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Started moving my rocks. Couldn't think of a better layout for the rock garden... I wanted to do something interesting at least, so I made room for that fake artwork statue with the guy holding the shovel instead of the sword. Seemed appropriate.

shovel statue is a nice touch

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Astro7x posted:

Don't do what I did and realize I wanted the sand texture under my rocks after moving some.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Hey, so I've seen people complaining about others walking through their flowers. Does this reduce their chance of spawning new flowers or something? I'm not sure if I should avoid stepping on flowers when I'm watering mine.

Walking is fine and does nothing. Running is bad and kills flowers.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

nexous posted:

Walking is fine and does nothing. Running is bad and kills flowers.

and here, two months into the game, is where I find out there's a run button.

I ran over a flower I didn't care about a few times to see what happened and it's petals fell off, as if I had picked it. Will it grow back? I guess I'm asking if running kills the flower or the actual plant?

Thanks for the info!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Digital Osmosis posted:

and here, two months into the game, is where I find out there's a run button.

I ran over a flower I didn't care about a few times to see what happened and it's petals fell off, as if I had picked it. Will it grow back? I guess I'm asking if running kills the flower or the actual plant?

Thanks for the info!

It's the same as plucking it. It will come back.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They grow back, but flowers can't breed the day they've been run down. I think they can breed while rebudding though.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Flowers bloom faster from running than plucking in my experience? The buds look different too.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

nexous posted:

It's the same as plucking it. It will come back.

Mameluke posted:

They grow back, but flowers can't breed the day they've been run down. I think they can breed while rebudding though.

Okay, awesome. I'm not super-deep into the hybrid game because that way madness lies but I still want my pretty rare flowers to make more pretty rare flowers. Appreciate the help!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Phobos is now open for visitors!

Turnip prices aren't worth mentioning.

Redd is here and he has a Mona Lisa painting! I don't know if it's real or fake...

As always, items on the boardwalk are free, and help yourself to any fruit or money trees.

MAIN THING IS I HAVE TOO MANY FOSSILS NEXT TO THE MUSEUM, please check to see if there are any you need (I have over 40 sitting there).

Blue line (main attractions): sundial, Nook's, museum, Able's is across the bridge and upstairs

Green line (my house): beach & pool area, bamboo grove, enclosed Zen koi pond, outlet to southwestern fruit forest

Orange line (residential): Poppy is making a peach hat

Red line: restaurant row, Peach Lane campsite, and of course Redd's on the northern beach.

Other surprises include a hidden spaceship, sacrificial clearing with pentagram of cedars, and more!

Dodo Code: CCMK0

I'll be AFK but please visit and have fun!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm opening up again and I have more stuff for free just outside the airport! Come on down!

Also, Able Sisters is selling MAID DRESSES so you can force your animal villagers to live your weird goony fantasies. You better believe every female villager in my town got one. They also have bull fighter costumes if that's more your jam. Whatever.

Ellie was making a Classic Library Wall but not sure how long she'll still be going.

I'm going to be AFK again for a bit but still in my signature 8ball shirt.

7XHWG

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

nexous posted:

Don't do what I did and realize I wanted the sand texture under my rocks after moving some.

You can put the sand texture down and the rocks spawn on top of it? I did not know that, thought it was only grass

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

McCracAttack posted:

:siren:Cutting board DIY:siren:

Code here.

Also take some stuff off my junk beach near the shop.

Your island is kicking rear end today. Every power ranger suit on sale.

Flaming Lime
Dec 30, 2016
Opening up my island for a bit! Have a ton of freebies to the left of the airport on the beach. Nooks is selling a 170,000 bell kitchen island, there is a tiara and small crown at Ables, and Saharah is selling a Purple Persian rug (large), yellow medium round mat, and a simple small avocado mat.

If you have time for flower watering, I am trying to grow some hybrids north of the island on the second level :-)

Dodo code: 6GQ3W

Update: Prince is crafting a Zen-style stone! His house is north-west of the island, the furtherest back.

Flaming Lime fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 18, 2020

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Astrid is in boxes today, does anyone want a snooty kangaroo? https://villagerdb.com/villager/astrid

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
CLOSED

Iggy is crafting an Iron Frame. DIYs outside the airport

Sisters have the biker stuff, jackets and pants and wig. Embrace your inner rude boy or girl or person.

Nook stuff is fair game. Has a limited wet dry vac, and unlimited brown fax machines and yellow volleyballs.

Guliver is here if you want to come by and spit on him

Please water my flowers. They are everywhere and I crave more.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 18, 2020

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

4BJXN

Iggy is crafting an Iron Frame. DIYs outside the airport

Sisters have the biker stuff, jackets and pants and wig. Embrace your inner rude boy or girl or person.

Nook stuff is fair game. Has a limited wet dry vac, and unlimited brown fax machines and yellow volleyballs.

Guliver is here if you want to come by and spit on him

Please water my flowers. They are everywhere and I crave more.

can you visit another towns gulliver and make off with his communicator parts to farm rusted parts?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Astro7x posted:

You can put the sand texture down and the rocks spawn on top of it? I did not know that, thought it was only grass

Rocks can spawn on Grass, Light/Dark Dirt and Sand

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

D10DD

Eugene is crafting gold wall! He's on the far north of the island.

Ables has magical robes and lace up dresses.

If you want to water flowers (and i really really really appreciate it!!!) they're up the stairs right after you come in, and there's free cans.

i'm semi-afk working.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Raymond sent me a Vitruvian Man with a bigass coffee stain on it and I went and embarrassed myself trying to palm it off on Blathers. Where do you get this poo poo dude

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Raddle is crafting a gold arowana model
He finished, but there's a couple spares of the recipe in the free pile still.
Now canberra is making apple wall

Also regarding garbage bin chat, I have yellow, brown, and grey on my house front porch for people to catalog.
If have any other styles to share that would be great! We can have a trash party.
And speaking of trash, my island northwest corner sea rock is stuffed with trash which is free to take!

All the stuff by the entrance is free to take, lots of fossils just to the left.

Nooks has limited red speed bag, and rattan low table (light brown i think)
unlimited black throwback skull radio, and cream and sugar
hot items are iron shelf and garden pump if you wanna dump a bunch of clay and/or iron.

Ables has prince tunics, imp hoods, sushi chef outfits, desert-princess outfits, frog costumes, frugal hats, etc.

Dodo code here

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 18, 2020

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there an easy way to figure out which fossils I'm missing?

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

mdemone posted:

Phobos is now open for visitors!

I LOVE the line idea. Amazing!

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

There’s a website called Fossiltown which I used, but I also use an app on my phone called ACNH guise. It helps me flag the ones I’ve gotten and submitted.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Guys, I just started this last week. How do I get the rest of the fruits? do i need to visit someone else that has them?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I used this link someone posted a while back: https://fizzypop109.github.io/fossils.html

You still have to basically look through your museum items one by one to figure out initially, but once you start tracking its not so bad.

Pigbottom posted:

Guys, I just started this last week. How do I get the rest of the fruits? do i need to visit someone else that has them?
Pretty much. Your town will have a sister fruit which you can find on nook mile islands sometimes, but the rest have to come from visiting others afaik.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Pigbottom posted:

That or people can mail them to you or drop them off when they visit your island. If you get lucky there's one other fruit type you can find using Nook Miles Tickets, but you need other players to complete the whole set.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gnossiennes posted:

D10DD

Eugene is crafting gold wall! He's on the far north of the island.

Ables has magical robes and lace up dresses.

If you want to water flowers (and i really really really appreciate it!!!) they're up the stairs right after you come in, and there's free cans.

i'm semi-afk working.

Your place is loving radical. Holy poo poo.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

thank you :3 i've been wanting to get a couple people to visit to show it off!!

i took time off work last week, and spent like 90% of that time making my island like it is now :)

edit: i posted it earlier in the thread but here's one of the projects i did: https://www.twitter.com/gnossymptote/status/1262125530825977856

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pigbottom posted:

Come visit Phobos while I'm still open. I've got a fruit forest in the southwestern quadrant with everything available.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Yeah I'm really hoping the Dream Suite returns eventually, if only to get to check out a bunch of these islands without having the worry about people coming and going or our connections eff-up or something.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

:siren:Cutting board DIY:siren:

Code here.

Also take some stuff off my junk beach near the shop.

30 minute warning.

Also, lol at whoever ran trough my house and turned all the faucets on. What is this “wet bandit” poo poo?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Chicken Doodle posted:

I LOVE the line idea. Amazing!

Stole the words outta my mouth!

The execution of it is really fun too. I had fun running up and down the lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

mdemone posted:

Come visit Phobos while I'm still open. I've got a fruit forest in the southwestern quadrant with everything available.

edit: nevermind found it!