Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

No other games allowed only duty

Is this a new corporate strategy? You literally cant have any of the other microtransaction moneysinks installed because only duty will fit on your drive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Is this a new corporate strategy? You literally cant have any of the other microtransaction moneysinks installed because only duty will fit on your drive?

It's not exactly new.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

That's why I got the pc version lmao

pc version is still 200gb though

how many textures do they need, gently caress

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Even the post-buff Holger is still bad god drat. It's a lovely Grau.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Just found a "Red Access Card" so looks like they are advancing their bunker/phone stuff with this patch.

Sadly I got assassinated after getting it and trying to figure out if there was any info yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What does "lowered ammo count for reload warning on LMGs" mean?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

veni veni veni posted:

My guess was it flashes the “reload” prompt now when you have less rounds remaining than before. Like going from 10% left to 5% or whatever

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

They changed the "threshold that determines when to display message on screen" for reloads.

Some LMGs would display reload message way too soon. You'd still have 50+ bullets.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I reload after 5 or 6 bullets any ways

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MF_James posted:

Just found a "Red Access Card" so looks like they are advancing their bunker/phone stuff with this patch.

Sadly I got assassinated after getting it and trying to figure out if there was any info yet.

Fart Car '97 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1efmWg0UK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0OhbbpW-E

Bunker can be opened & other bunk related things happening. They're just full of loot crates. The bunkers appear to have more locked doors within them. People also answer phones in russian now and talk about bases/areas being taken over and they talk about access codes for the bunkers.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

1) Apparently access cards spawn on people you kill randomly, which owns.

2)

One of the inaccessible bunkers has a nuke in it :getin:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fart Car '97 posted:

2)

Give the nuclear missilebomb to me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wanna run around with that nuke with a 5mW laser on it

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if you can get access cards for all the bunkers and open them the final bunker is unlocked and you can nuke the game

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

activating the nuke uninstalls the game for everyone else

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

but with a canted reflex sight/thermal optic and an angled foregrip

E: and covered in pink skulls with a 420 weed charm dangling from one of the greebles

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

priznat posted:

Wanna run around with that nuke with a 5mW laser on it

Same but I want to melee people with it

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

Even the post-buff Holger is still bad god drat. It's a lovely Grau.

Came to post this. Might try it again in hardcore later, but I don't hold out much hope.

I was tempted to drop the cash on the battlepass this time around, but I'm starting to get burned out.

Spent the last few days just playing co-op because at least all of the weapons are viable instead of a few meta builds. Maybe it's just extra tryhard at the moment with the new map drop, but kill feed seems to be nothing but Grau/MP5 while playing hardhat.

Most of my xbros aren't playing, so it's not even like I'm partied up and having a laugh while sucking and doing dumb poo poo.

And watching Jackfrags playing BF3 brought back a lot of nostalgia. :smith:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fart Car '97 posted:

2)

That is clearly a snow cone maker.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

My guess was it flashes the “reload” prompt now when you have less rounds remaining than before. Like going from 10% left to 5% or whatever

ha. I never even noticed there was a reload prompt.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

Same but I want to melee people with it

Thrown nuke final kill of the match cam! *blinding white flash after impact*

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

ha. I never even noticed there was a reload prompt.

same but because I reload after every shot

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
When you get nuked the game takes the rest of your hard drive immediately and deletes all other games.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

When you get nuked the game takes the rest of your hard drive immediately and deletes all other games.

this is more likely to happen when changing a matchmaking setting

*user attempts to change to hardcore playlist*

**nagasaki**

E: ehhh, aisle 9 is great if you want to fight against people that have optimized going prone around thousands of different corners at multiple elevations

Worf fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 19, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

New thread subtitle courtesy of Greasyhands: "He literally set himself on fire and I still lost"

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

priznat posted:

I haul rear end tac sprinting everywhere and crouch slide while shooting dudes :hellyeah:

You. You are the CoD player that I hate.
jk you're cool

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Now comes the seasonal slog playing cyber attack and search and destroy to complete the ribbons

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i was scrolling through facebook and i watched a guy playing wz for a few minutes and he was just capping guys running halfway across the map and quick scoping dots on the horizon with his sniper rifle and i am just wondering why the hell do i even bother when people like that are the competition

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

God drat the full hipfire .41AE uzi is ridiculous

https://i.imgur.com/zm6T2ay.mp4

Easy, reliable hipfire kills at 25m lmao

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
that map looks remarkably undusty

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was thinking about C4 last night and what the problem with it is, as I was watching my team play while I was dead. My teammates were rolling around in a jeep and went to run over two snipers huddled on top of eachother. Ended up just as you'd expect. C4 and boom. But they were literally inches away from running them over to the point where it looked like they had already done it. Why would the C4 guy and his teammate walk away unscathed from at that? Seems like it should have been suicide all around. I really want to know what kind of effect friendly fire has on vehicle explosions, because something is way off

I'm fine with C4 annihilating vehicles tbh, but it seems like people are able to do it all of the time without having to worry about self damage like they should. Because most C4 vehicle wipes seem to happen with both the car and C4 itself well within a range where the tosser should be killed too but they aren't. Seems like it would feel much more balanced if there were actual repercussions for blowing up a bomb in your own face. other than that I think it's fine. The vehicles themselves are pretty OP sans their C4 weakness and way too hard to avoid, so I think it's fine that C4 and RPGs annihilate them. But if someone doesn't give themselves enough space to trigger it, they should have to eat poo poo as much as the team in the vehicle.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I for one think c4 shouldn't be an offensive weapon as much as a defensive weapon/trap. If you're going to be able to toss it that far then it needs a longer time to activate. It's just used as a pre primed extra powerful frag grenade in most cases

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Butterfly Valley posted:

Now comes the seasonal slog playing cyber attack and search and destroy to complete the ribbons

It's like 2 wins for each of those right? You can do both in less than an hour.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I for one think c4 shouldn't be an offensive weapon as much as a defensive weapon/trap. If you're going to be able to toss it that far then it needs a longer time to activate. It's just used as a pre primed extra powerful frag grenade in most cases

And this is tre even in classic MP, although to a far lesser degree.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

jase1 posted:

It's like 2 wins for each of those right? You can do both in less than an hour.

I hate those game modes with a passion and they f u c k i n g drag, like this game where we just went 4 - 0 up then my team turned to potatoes and 2 quit and we lost 6 - 4

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Seriously any CoD mode that has you staring at someone else playing waiting to respawn is anathema to the point of the game. You join one of these matches inevitably on the losing side because some fuckers quit and then you get stomped, then next game if you lose a round or two people also bail.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My highlights window appears after every round now. I disabled it for the time being as it never records anything good anyway

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Statutory Ape posted:

oh if youre laughing tbh youre still doing it right. one of the best surprises about this game for me was how much dying made me laugh because it just happens in loving stupid and hilarious ways.

https://i.imgur.com/TuyN2G2.mp4

and that is why [WNBA]TOM BRADY is a quarterback and not a WR, i guess :shrug:

the best defense is a good offense :shrug:

E:vvvvv tbh, id be lying if i said the whole secret vault and whats inside and the reveal wasnt interesting to me. theyre well aware i dont have anything else going on in my life to interest me. thankfully they change the MP weapon meta frequently enough to keep me in there instead of wz lol.

speaking of which did any of the (lmao) RPG buffs (hahahaha) get into MP or am i stuck with them still just being amazingly OP and fun as hell

Worf fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 19, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just got into the secret bunker and the loot was pretty rubbish. No armour. Just rare shotguns and snipers haha
Exciting to see it open though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

so

tbh

i think im gonna run hipfire uzi and RPG on realism moshpit

E: lol oh lord i got the cave map, nice