Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Laserface posted:

I am attempting to move from Apple Music to Spotify and cant seem to find the answer I need online.

is it possible to import a playlist from iTunes on MacOS to Spotify on MacOS? purely using a computer because this kind of function doesnt seem like it would exist within the iOS apps.

There is stuff from a few years ago saying how to, but some of the options are missing now.

Not at all concerned with moving over locally stored files, just the actual list of songs I have accumulated in Apple Music over to Spotify.

its only about 500 songs but i would rather not have to manually hunt down each one to add to a playlist.

https://www.tunemymusic.com

See if that does the trick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Skeezy posted:

https://www.tunemymusic.com

See if that does the trick?

That did it. Holy poo poo how did I miss that?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

What’s the reason for switching from AM? I’m considering it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Inner Light posted:

The only thing right now keeping me on AM is that it streams to the watch. If Spotify added that I might move over again.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Skeezy posted:

The only thing right now keeping me on AM is that it streams to the watch. If Spotify added that I might move over again.

This plus it's free on my Verizon plan. I still pay for Spotify because of the better Sonos integration, but the inability to stream in standalone mode on a cellular watch is a bummer.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Inner Light posted:

Sharing playlists, songs and artists easily with friends and hopefully better recommendations. Apple musics weekly new music for me is so off the mark despite attempting to train it by loving everything I do enjoy.

Also 3 months free Spotify from Xbox live so figure I can wind up my last 3 months on my AM sub while I get Spotify tuned to my taste.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The ability to tell Siri to play anything is worth the price of admission.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
So I just cracked my iPhone 8's screen (hooray). What's a replacement likely to run these days, or what kind of options exist (and are any worthwhile) for trying to get some value out of it and buying an SE instead?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Small White Dragon posted:

So I just cracked my iPhone 8's screen (hooray). What's a replacement likely to run these days, or what kind of options exist (and are any worthwhile) for trying to get some value out of it and buying an SE instead?

Replacement: $unreasonable unless you've got the skills to do it yourself (and it'll never be as good as the original).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Small White Dragon posted:

Sell as is online and let someone else deal with it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The 11 Pro supports WiFi 6 right? Anyone have experience upgrading to a WiFi 6 network? Wondering if it improves the experience in a tangible way. I'm buying a router regardless (currently renting Verizon's default router on their gigabit internet-only service), so if I'm gonna spring for 6 this would be the perfect time. I was all ready to pass on 6 until I realized the 3 most-used devices in my house might benefit from it.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The ability to tell Siri to play anything is worth the price of admission.

Both can do this though?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't imagine anything you're doing in your iPhone would be bottlenecked by wifi performance, but by all means get a Wifi 6-capable router if you're upgrading. (Yes, the iPhone 11 supports it.)

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is it possible to do speech to text when your iPhone is locked? So I can use my headphones and dictate a longer text but have my iPhone in my pocket.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sri.Theo posted:

Is it possible to do speech to text when your iPhone is locked? So I can use my headphones and dictate a longer text but have my iPhone in my pocket.

Yes.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Minidust posted:

The 11 Pro supports WiFi 6 right? Anyone have experience upgrading to a WiFi 6 network? Wondering if it improves the experience in a tangible way. I'm buying a router regardless (currently renting Verizon's default router on their gigabit internet-only service), so if I'm gonna spring for 6 this would be the perfect time. I was all ready to pass on 6 until I realized the 3 most-used devices in my house might benefit from it.

I don't really understand why you would rush into Wifi 6/802.11ax now when every router supporting the spec is $300 and/or has highly questionable reliability or lack of long-term testing. Wait a while until prices come down and the tech is widespread everywhere. Plus a non-Wifi 6 device joining the network will probably kill your speeds down to 802.11ac bandwidth, which like 98% of network connected devices are right now.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

101 posted:

Both can do this though?

Yeah... but you have to say "on spotify" :smug:

I actually didn't know that. Glad to see they opened that up.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Is it a secret?

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Sri.Theo posted:

Is it a secret?

"Hey Siri, send a text to" whoever or "Hey Siri, reply to whoever"

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

TheWevel posted:

"Hey Siri, send a text to" whoever or "Hey Siri, reply to whoever"

Yeah but that activates the screen. If I say “Hey Siri, take a note” it seems to turn off after a little bit which I think is to do with the screen.

Or am I just doing it wrong?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The latest Apple Glass(AR glasses) leaks:

* $499 plus cost of prescription if needed.
* Announcement was supposed to be “one more thing” after the iPhone 12 reveal in Sept. Likely delayed due to corona.
* Currently a plastic frame, likely to change for final product.
* No camera, but there is a LIDAR scanner.
* Control with hand gestures or your iPhone.

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/apple-glass-leak

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

The latest Apple Glass(AR glasses) leaks:

* $499 plus cost of prescription if needed.
* Announcement was supposed to be “one more thing” after the iPhone 12 reveal in Sept. Likely delayed due to corona.
* Currently a plastic frame, likely to change for final product.
* No camera, but there is a LIDAR scanner.
* Control with hand gestures or your iPhone.

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/apple-glass-leak

lol WTF

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It could all be bullshit too. (Probably is.)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
$2000 GOLD FRAMES EDITION

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sri.Theo posted:

Yeah but that activates the screen. If I say “Hey Siri, take a note” it seems to turn off after a little bit which I think is to do with the screen.

Or am I just doing it wrong?

The screen is still locked, which is what you asked about.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Guess its time to ditch these lame contacts and start wearing the glasses of the future.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I'm curious what sorts of problems they hope to solve with these glasses sans camera. I see a lot of potential in this kind of tech, and thought people came down too hard on Google for the camera thing even.

But setting aside the creep factor, it seems like many of the big-ticket things I could think of for this sort of tech like:

-recognizing faces so I can stop forgetting everyones name in a large meeting
-real time translation

would require a camera?

If they want me to wear $500 glasses so that I just see additional ad information when staring at a billboard then they need to pay me to wear the glasses :-)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I would have to say that if anyone is going to get the AR Glasses right, it'll be Apple. I'm sure in three years I'll have a pair and so will you.

Never buy Gen 1 though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They’re probably holding back the camera intentionally so that gen 2 can have this awesome new feature...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I would have to say that if anyone is going to get the AR Glasses right, it'll be Apple. I'm sure in three years I'll have a pair and so will you.

Never buy Gen 1 though.

Hey my Gen 1 Airpods are still around and kicking and my Gen 1 Apple watch worked great till I replaced it with a 3.

For the most part you are right though.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Hey my Gen 1 Airpods are still around and kicking and my Gen 1 Apple watch worked great till I replaced it with a 3.

For the most part you are right though.

What I mean is that the second gen historically has been cheaper and/or a significant jump in performance/features in generally less than one year.

The S1 Watch was a lot better than the S0 if I recall correctly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TraderStav posted:

What I mean is that the second gen historically has been cheaper and/or a significant jump in performance/features in generally less than one year.

The S1 Watch was a lot better than the S0 if I recall correctly.

Yeah this is right.

I'm a sucker though and I gotta have it sooooo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good that people with hooks for hands are finally being catered for, though.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I’ll admire their chutzpah if they actually call it “Apple Glass” after Google Glass failed so hard.

Not having a camera is probably the most important feature if you don’t want your customers to get thrown out of bars and curbstomped

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good that people with hooks for hands are finally being catered for, though.

Maybe I don't know how things work but how would the LIDAR scanner pick up that QR code?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

my Gen 1 Apple watch worked great

see this is how i know you're lying, nobody's series 0 apple watch was any good!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

see this is how i know you're lying, nobody's series 0 apple watch was any good!!

I dunno I never had an issue with it the entire time I had it.

Yeah it wasn't the fastest thing but it worked great for runs / workouts and looking at messages.

:shrug:

I had 0 complaints with it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MarcusSA posted:

Maybe I don't know how things work but how would the LIDAR scanner pick up that QR code?

Was an image under the article in recommended, so it's not related. That Amp webview truly is awful though, it looks like a stretched mobile version on my desktop.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I think people freaked out about Google Glass because of the camera on it. I can see that being a cultural issue having a live camera all the time. At least with recording with your phone it's very overt.

Not having a camera may be the thing to get it into the mainstream and then backdoor it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I think people freaked out about Google Glass because of the camera on it. I can see that being a cultural issue having a live camera all the time. At least with recording with your phone it's very overt.

Not having a camera may be the thing to get it into the mainstream and then backdoor it later.

I really don't see the need for the camera. I'd be happy just to view stuff.