Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

McNally posted:

Please word this differently in the future.

wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

JasonX was still great tho

https://youtu.be/m-5pPy7zuyc

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the GOP doubling down on McSally after she lost to Sinema is hilarious

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Acebuckeye13 posted:

https://twitter.com/DrewLinzer/status/1262785406963077120?s=20

Oh man if the Dems win Georgia and both Senate seats I'm going to die laughing.

Also, McSally is getting obliterated:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1262755501743325184?s=20

gently caress you McSally

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wait that's not right

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

man i keep thinking kelly is locke from Lost

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3HTrz3bXAM

Hey CRUSTY MINGE I think i found your sasquatch

The funniest thing to me is I used to play saxophone in grade school. Not a bitching tenor like that, I played alto.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:getin:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

While I disagree with it (feeling that bitch is like dude, and gender neutral), McNally asked us not to use gendered insults. It's his house, his rules. I slipped up, he was nice enough to toss a warning than a sixer. I appreciate it.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

ok, well i guess any use of the word gently caress outside of telling someone to gently caress an inanimate object or themselves is off the table, lest we condone rape.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Anne Glenn, widow to John died from complications related to Covid. She was 100.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My Spirit Otter posted:

ok, well i guess any use of the word gently caress outside of telling someone to gently caress an inanimate object or themselves is off the table, lest we condone rape.

Sometimes I think that McNally’s language rules go too far. Then I read a post like this confirming that we’re not missing anything of value.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Internet, show me a take hotter than the sun.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1262840263032086532

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Sometimes I think that McNally’s language rules go too far. Then I read a post like this confirming that we’re not missing anything of value.

turn on ur monitor

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

drat you should've worn cleats before loving around on these slippery slopes you're gonna break your neck

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

My Spirit Otter posted:

:lol:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

Dude, really?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

bulletsponge13 posted:

While I disagree with it (feeling that bitch is like dude, and gender neutral), McNally asked us not to use gendered insults. It's his house, his rules. I slipped up, he was nice enough to toss a warning than a sixer. I appreciate it.

This isn't really one I'm going to come down on because I slip up sometimes and use it too. This is mostly getting ahead of certain posters who throw tantrums when they get hit for openly being misogynists and some will go on a reporting spree whenever someone uses borderline words.

My Spirit Otter posted:

Sometimes they're kind enough to self-identify.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hotter then thermite, hotter then plutonium!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

No, not at all. It’s no more his forum than it was mine or Vas’s or EBB’s or loving Grover’s when we were mods.

Being a mod means that you get a couple of extra buttons to do bans and probations, plus access to some mod only forums and the reports system. That and a blue star next to your av. That is it in its entirety. It’s the dumbest “job” in the world, and nobody with a shred of self respect would take it very seriously. There’s things to take seriously as a mod, but being one isn’t one of them.

McNally strikes the right balance. I 100% disagree with the no using of bitch as an insult, but I also recognize in a larger context- The vast majority of the SA forums is pretty much in concurrence with him. So it’s not like he’s just playing PC police- the times and people here are changing. He’s guiding the herd towards the larger SA community’s standards and that is good. Being the black sheep or problem children will end up being the end of this great little group if we don’t get at least somewhat in line with everyone else around here.

Still a great sub forum and community, it’s not like I’m gonna stop enjoying this place because it’s slowly gentrifying to the level of an upstate liberal arts college professor.

Conversely while mod is the dumbest job ever, IK loving rules. Just don’t let that kiwi Two Finger have a probation button.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gimme IK and no peace.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Lotsa words I read

I just meant he's running the show. I know there were some forum wide changes, too, but I also know mods are just shitposters with a superiority complex. :unsmith:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

bulletsponge13 posted:

I just meant he's running the show. I know there were some forum wide changes, too, but I also know mods are just shitposters with a superiority complex. :unsmith:

gently caress, I was supposed to be feeling superior?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:hfive:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Conversely while mod is the dumbest job ever, IK loving rules. Just don’t let that kiwi Two Finger have a probation button.

You probate 75% of a forum one time...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, I keep forgetting people's old usernames or losing track of who's who after renames/reregs.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Shim had the list at one time I thought

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

go ahead and post gip.xls

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lol I have a literal gip.xls including real names and addresses

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm sure you do, comrade

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Secret santa buddy

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This is why you use a friend or family members name and address for Secret Satan. :ssh:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I think mcnally literally just mailed my operation useless dirt shirt to stravag so v0v

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Who the gently caress is running these C-RAM’s anyway? Are they run by contractors? Or do we take navy folks who know how to maintain CIWS or whatever and make them do it in land locked Afghanistan for 6-12 months?

I’m all but 100% certain it ain’t the USAF or USMC running those guns, so my best guess is Navy folks under Army opcon or contractor/civilians. Or Army owning them and having the folks for it, but something tells me the Army isn’t putting joe on that. Just a hunch, could be wrong.

Anyone know?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/weatherchannel/status/1262892497929453570?s=21

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ooph this year.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Infrastructure weak

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

This is why you use a friend or family members name and address for Secret Satan. :ssh:

Or a PO Box :shrug:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Who the gently caress is running these C-RAM’s anyway? Are they run by contractors? Or do we take navy folks who know how to maintain CIWS or whatever and make them do it in land locked Afghanistan for 6-12 months?

I’m all but 100% certain it ain’t the USAF or USMC running those guns, so my best guess is Navy folks under Army opcon or contractor/civilians. Or Army owning them and having the folks for it, but something tells me the Army isn’t putting joe on that. Just a hunch, could be wrong.

Anyone know?

Army ran them from what I understood on all my deployments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Infrastructure weak

:lol: incredible that there are still puns left to make