Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Probably the best you'll get out of the bunkers is a good amount of cash and armor. Your loadout will always be the best weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i was scrolling through facebook and i watched a guy playing wz for a few minutes and he was just capping guys running halfway across the map and quick scoping dots on the horizon with his sniper rifle and i am just wondering why the hell do i even bother when people like that are the competition

I'm so glad f2p games are finally moving to do the obvious thing and require two-factor authentication to make an account.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bunkers are going to be great for the traditional BR mode.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

running uzi hipfire w no laser + night map is very clearly not the style of combat that most of these people are expecting

nor do ppl on realism seem to be running eod lol

got about 5-6 people leave from the other team so far in one match

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I for one think c4 shouldn't be an offensive weapon as much as a defensive weapon/trap. If you're going to be able to toss it that far then it needs a longer time to activate. It's just used as a pre primed extra powerful frag grenade in most cases
:wrong: they did this in CoD WW2 (you couldn't airburst it and it had to be on the ground for like ~1 second before it would activate) and it sucked rear end

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Alright what's the meta warzone builds these days now I've completed this season's battle pass

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Burst FAL is the new WZ meta jk it kind of blows but is a touch effective mid range.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

Alright what's the meta warzone builds these days now I've completed this season's battle pass

Nothing has changed. M4/Grau is still the meta.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Apex is having some hit registration issues so I'll be picking up some COD tn if anyone is interested in running warzone on the PS4 toss me a friend request

Psn: waroduce

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm running a Ram-7 solely because some youtube streamer recommended it. I still don't know if it fucks or sucks, but with my playstyle it doesn't really matter.

I did unlock my gold camo finally. I was eventually able to grind out longshots reliably playing domination on Picadilly and Shoothouse maps

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

pacerhimself posted:

Burst FAL is the new WZ meta jk it kind of blows but is a touch effective mid range.

Almost effective p much describes that gun to me in its entirety

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Probably the best you'll get out of the bunkers is a good amount of cash and armor. Your loadout will always be the best weapons

I mostly agree with this, but if there are enough orange boxes down there you might have a good chance at a grenade launcher which is the best weapon in warzone.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

Current meta is Grau/M4/Kilo + MP5/MP7.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6smrCB6P2LQ

Even JGOD admits the Grau is the meta

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I assume you're replying to me trying to discredit what I'm saying yet again. Cool bro, enjoy your video game superiority.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

JaySB posted:

I assume you're replying to me trying to discredit what I'm saying yet again. Cool bro, enjoy your video game superiority.

I was just posting that folks have narrowed the meta down even further than before to just the Grau, even the venerable M4 has fallen off. You can just ignore my posts you know, they seem to upset you, and I don't really care.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Finally got the W on quads! :D

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
rpg feels hella nerfed but at least PILA still works

https://i.imgur.com/hPf0ofv.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
so happy i threw that trophy system on the pad before the money chopper came in

https://i.imgur.com/yOtCUvd.gifv

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I think I've had enough of Hardhat 24/7. I've been trying to get decent games all afternoon and it's sweatier than a 3AM S&D lobby no matter where I go.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I think I've had enough of Hardhat 24/7. I've been trying to get decent games all afternoon and it's sweatier than a 3AM S&D lobby no matter where I go.

You know you're on the wrong end of the matchmaking system when you start repeatedly going against the quickscope boys

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i hate them and their stupid cool camo and poo poo

i am bad at hardhat rn and tbh it doesnt strike me as a map i want to get good at, like shoothouse did at the start

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Damascus users are to be pitied not envied

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So does the SBMM work off your individual performance or your round wins?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

The Grau is just so stupidly good its hard to make a case for anything else as “best AR” in WZ. BUT, I prefer a long barrel/mono Uzi w/ .41 and a hybrid sight. Hits really loving hard and can handle the ranges I need it for.

Side note: So, uhhhh bunkers are goooood. Our trio opened one earlier and got 20k, plenty of toys and 3 munitions boxes out of it.

Edit: In case anyone is curious, got the card dropping at the firehouse/gun shop by lumber and opened the bunker just north of it.

Retro42 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 20, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
For a scrub like myself unlocking the grau looks kinda hard.. 5 kills in a minute? I dunno man.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

priznat posted:

For a scrub like myself unlocking the grau looks kinda hard.. 5 kills in a minute? I dunno man.

Shipmet with a shotgun and a grenade of your choice.

If you're on free Warzone, then just play the bloodmoney and drop on super busy areas.

Also, while meta weapons do give you a slight leg up in an equal fight/equal aim situation, getting on voice comms with a team that's actually communicating is a a totally different level of advantage.

JacksLibido fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 20, 2020

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah is there an easy way to cheese the grau if you suck? I’m at like 4/25 or some poo poo. Been trying on small maps but yeah it’s like 50% quickscopers getting like 5+ kills in a row

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

JacksLibido posted:

Shipmet with a shotgun and a grenade of your choice.

If you're on free Warzone, then just play the bloodmoney and drop on super busy areas.

Is there a way to just play shipment? I did not see a map select option in the quick play filtering :sigh:

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

priznat posted:

Is there a way to just play shipment? I did not see a map select option in the quick play filtering :sigh:

dude you literally JUST missed the 24/7 shipment event. Now it's that aisle 9 thing, soooooo rpgs and grenades?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

priznat posted:

they dont have a hard drive big enough to patch that in yet

also, observation: ppl that play realism mode a) suck at this game and b) leave matches way faster than any other group ive seen. i dont just mean the people im 360 hipfiring or wahtever i mean my own teammates whenever they start to lose.

which btw is every time basically because they fear so much for their lives that they pussy foot around trying to stealth in and capture headquarters while the other team just doesnt even die or honestly bother camping the freaking HQ

tbh its actually an interesting change of pace

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real gun gulag is somehow even worse than normal gulag.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Fallom posted:

You know you're on the wrong end of the matchmaking system when you start repeatedly going against the quickscope boys

Only had one quickscoper, most of it was naked russian dudes that only ran around with plat MP5/MP7/M4/Grau's, it's crazy right now

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Statutory Ape posted:

they dont have a hard drive big enough to patch that in yet

also, observation: ppl that play realism mode a) suck at this game and b) leave matches way faster than any other group ive seen. i dont just mean the people im 360 hipfiring or wahtever i mean my own teammates whenever they start to lose.

which btw is every time basically because they fear so much for their lives that they pussy foot around trying to stealth in and capture headquarters while the other team just doesnt even die or honestly bother camping the freaking HQ

tbh its actually an interesting change of pace

I think it's because they expect ppl to play it slow and "tactical" but realism just means you aim higher than usual and delete lobbies.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Leveling the Uzi kicked me up considerably and as a result I had to adapt my tactics in turn tbh.

That's when I switched auto run on and started putting slides and drops and crouches on my fastest binds p much.

I find in MP that high alert and a 180 slide results in bullets flying overhead and plenty of time to cock back a rocket

Re: realism. Uh lol hahaha tbh I don't think most realism people are aware of RPG as a concept. Maybe it's the lack of kill icon. We were on hardpoint in the cave map for example and it was ugly. But yeah they play it like it's real time xcom meanwhile I'm literally too stupid to look at my UI in core anyway so gently caress if I notice the difference

E2: lol tbh I do notice that a lucky headshot from a hipfire uzi is way funnier (per your other point and the ruleset )

Worf fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 20, 2020

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Realism owns because it easy mode for headshot farming

Also pretty much the only place that night maps show up anymore which I like and wish they were in the regular rotation :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just camp every gulag now. the person who moves loses.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Oh yeah lmao watching these wannabe hannibals give every corner an occular patdown on objective mode on night maps is hilarious

ofc they weren't using any form of CC or the little radar grenades. I guess they enjoy the romance of getting smoked while artfully tucked against the wrong wall

E: ok I do have to give credit to one "enemy team " that took a guaranteed realism mode (KC on one of the new maps, a mill maybe idk) loss and still lost but only by 1. I don't know the map at all so I just shot RPGs at tracer fire the whole game and managed to grab a shitload of tags. Part way thru they started roaming the map in a pack of 3 with 2 shield guys and I p much died laughing

Ah man if I don't rock thermite 100% of the time anyway

It was legitimely really funny to see them do the 2 shield with some guy on an AR smoking people from behind them. I might have to play that playlist more because that seems...well..like a group of people playing real time xcom. Still not one ounce of CC though

Worf fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 20, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think it was one of the soldier of fortune games that I developed my "just run nonstop with a shotgun ready to hipfire into someone" and it was very effective then and now. The Uzi is a mad beast for hipfiring but I keep making it difficult on myself getting missions or levelling guns I normally don't care about just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

priznat posted:

I think it was one of the soldier of fortune games that I developed my "just run nonstop with a shotgun ready to hipfire into someone" and it was very effective then and now. The Uzi is a mad beast for hipfiring but I keep making it difficult on myself getting missions or levelling guns I normally don't care about just because.

Yeah my take is that speed and knowing the map is going to beat a camper in most scenarios that don't accurately involve terms like "gulag camp meta"

I bitched about crash here, not as being a bad map but bc I sucked at it and it wasn't fun (basically a bad map)

But some goon, veni I think, told me basically where to avoid going and my point is good luck camping me to death if I don't come across your crosshair