Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Opening The Dell for visitors! Dodo code: closed

Nook's: Unlimited electronics kits, pedal boards (pink); 1x Treadmill, 1x Hose reel (silver I think); Toad parasols, Beach umbrellas; Black botanical-tile wall, Skull wall, Kitschy tile

Able's: Diner aprons, Energetic sweaters, Groovy tunics, Thick-stripes shirts, Vampire costumes, Worker's jackets, Animal-stripes skirts, Bell-bottoms, Slacks, Sweatpants, Desert-princess outfits, Figure-skating costumes, Ribbons, Safety helmets, Small silk hats, Tulip hats, Eye patch, Square glasses, Star shades, Tiny shades, Holey tights, Vivid socks, Business shoes, House slippers, Sports sandals, Steel-toed boots

Kicks is here! He has: Wrestling shoes (green), Mage's booties (red), Shiny bow platform shoes (white), Compression tights, Kiddie socks, Wave-print socks, Sacoche bag, Cloth shoulder bag, Faux-fur bag, Outdoor backpack, Hard-shell backpack

Groucho is crafting tea table
Ozzie is crafting angled signpost

Free DIYs on the beach at the right of the airport!

If you have time, I'd really appreciate you watering the flowers in and around the hedges to the right of Able's. There's watering cans dropped all over, thanks a ton!!

kumba fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Prowler posted:

All Flick, all the time, baby. Even models gotten from Flick through CJ don't hit as hard as his bug models.

I mean that tracks. He's not nearly as excited about fish.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Would you be?! They're hardly the bats of the sea

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Diane is making a Palm Tree Lamp

Kicks is here

Dodo: closed

Vaginaface fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 21, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do Gold Roses self-replicate or can you only get them from black roses?

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

Thank you very much

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I really want Julian to move to my island, and I have an amiibo for him so it'll be easy to get him. But I have no idea who I want to kick. I have it down to either kick Klaus or Soleil, but I really can't make up my mind and they've both really grown on me. So I need you guys to tell me who to have Julian replace because I need that space unicorn in my life.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Only from black roses. Also, the gold watering can only counts the black rose on the single tile in front of you when you press A. The other tiles get water, but no goldification

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Opening up Amelia Isle for a bit.

Ables has Dragon Suits (Bruce Lee/Kill Bill yellow and black jumpsuits), Flight Jackets and Pilot's Caps, Flashy Hairpins, Full-length dress with pearls, and Royal Shirts, among other things.

Kicks is here, nothing too fancy but he does have black Jester Shoes and some nice bags.

Nook's has unlimited red kettles and oil lamps, plus a *limited* Desktop Computer (100k bells).

As usual, there's a pile of free fossils and recipes just outside the airport.

1V583 Closing for a bit, may be back later

(Ignore any random clothes you see in front of houses, those are gifts I plan to give eventually)

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 21, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Soysaucebeast posted:

I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I really want Julian to move to my island, and I have an amiibo for him so it'll be easy to get him. But I have no idea who I want to kick. I have it down to either kick Klaus or Soleil, but I really can't make up my mind and they've both really grown on me. So I need you guys to tell me who to have Julian replace because I need that space unicorn in my life.

Klaus. After all, he's also smug, isn't he?

Alternatively if you really can't decide you could somehow give me Julian :v:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh. My. Zeus. posted:

Only from black roses. Also, the gold watering can only counts the black rose on the single tile in front of you when you press A. The other tiles get water, but no goldification

Wait huh? Why would it work that way?

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Vaginaface posted:

Kicks is here

Dodo: 0LH63

thank you for the diy and also the opportunity to say outloud "i need to go to vaginaface's island" and have my wife give me the stink eye, it ruled

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vaginaface posted:

Kicks is here

Dodo: 0LH63

On my way!!

Edit: thanks! Left you something next to you

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 21, 2020

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Shabadu posted:

thank you for the diy and also the opportunity to say outloud "i need to go to vaginaface's island" and have my wife give me the stink eye, it ruled

Thanks for coming! Tell her I send my regards

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh hey CJ finally showed up in my village!

...he was not worth the wait.

Go to the pier, face down diagonally at the corner with your rod out, toss bait, and press A. 95% of the time, you’ll attract the fish instantly. Ignore the second smallest shadows, because they are usually horse mackerels, and barreleyes are far too rare to make up for the time waste. Fourth largest are guaranteed to be red snappers. With experimentation, you can find other spots like the pier that let you attract fish automatically.

This is assuming you collect bait, of course. It’s the best use I’ve found for it, and it makes bank. I also combine CJ visits with hunting for new fish. I got seven trevally, three mahi-mahi, and a couple of oarfish for good measure in a few hours and got 300,000 bells from the fish I didn’t keep.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

New Leaf posted:

Oh. My. Zeus. posted:

This is true, but adding to this! The Gold Watering can won't lose durability if you hit flowers that have already been watered with it. If you want to save durability on it while you're trying for gold roses, water the black roses first with a normal watering can, then hit each one with the gold.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Vaginaface posted:

Kicks is here

Dodo: Closed Thanks!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Fish bait always attracts fish instantly no matter where in the water you toss it.

I mean it lags sometimes but the fish will show up after a 5 count on those rare occasions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just wanted to say thanks for the couple presents people left the other night, I really like them :3:

I had to do a double take when I saw the hybrid flowers I was missing lined up near town hall, that was a fun surprise!!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’m thinking of building a Pride festival on my island for June. I’ll have to build a lot of stands and decorations. I’ve already got a bunch of flag clothing made and a big rainbow garden. Should be fun to build. :)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Nessa posted:

I’m thinking of building a Pride festival on my island for June. I’ll have to build a lot of stands and decorations. I’ve already got a bunch of flag clothing made and a big rainbow garden. Should be fun to build. :)

Great idea!

Guthix Curnir
Mar 21, 2011
Definitely not the highest prices for turnips, but Eltanin is currently buying for 372 for the next ~9 and a half hours.

Also have Label in town, not sure if you can do anything with her.

Probably leave the town open but AFK the rest of the day if anyone needs to sell.

https://turnip.exchange/island/76f0a24d

Guthix Curnir fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 21, 2020

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

One more thing for gold rose chat - once the black rose’s “has been watered with golden can” flag is flipped, it stays flipped until a gold rose pops out (or you dig it up). So you don’t have to use the gold can every day.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

E-flat posted:

Klaus. After all, he's also smug, isn't he?

Alternatively if you really can't decide you could somehow give me Julian :v:

I also have Ankha, so Soleil is a double up on personality types for me. I think I'm leaning towards Klaus anyway. If Julian decides he hates me in the future and wants to leave though, I'll let you know!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Vaginaface posted:

Is there a way to stunt the growth of your trees at a certain size? I'm trying to make a staggered forest, but it seems like after sapling they occupy the same amount of space as an adult tree.

What do you mean staggered? In any case, unfortunately, once they sprout up to the point of physically occupying a space they take on the 9 tile requirement as big trees.

Nessa posted:

If you weren't aware, one of the custom patterns sets that the shy Abel Sister gives you is a rainbow. You could customize furniture and deck your villagers out in spectrums too.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Guthix Curnir posted:

Definitely not the highest prices for turnips, but Eltanin is currently buying for 372 for the next ~9 and a half hours.

Also have Label in town, not sure if you can do anything with her.

Probably leave the town open but AFK the rest of the day if anyone needs to sell.

https://turnip.exchange/island/7945e27d

Left a tip behind your resident services!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So my store's got this creepy loving doll on sale:

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1263516976598487040

It's a Dolly dressed in black, if you can't tell. For Reasons I can't open my island up today, but if anyone wants one of these creepy things, let me know in here and I'll buy a bunch and you can come pick them up tomorrow.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

If you weren't aware, one of the custom patterns sets that the shy Abel Sister gives you is a rainbow. You could customize furniture and deck your villagers out in spectrums too.

Oh yeah, I’ve got all of her patterns! I’m gonna use it on a bunch of pillows and stuff I think. :)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

So my store's got this creepy loving doll on sale:

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1263516976598487040

It's a Dolly dressed in black, if you can't tell. For Reasons I can't open my island up today, but if anyone wants one of these creepy things, let me know in here and I'll buy a bunch and you can come pick them up tomorrow.
Hell yeah that looks horrible yes please.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

runchild posted:

One more thing for gold rose chat - once the black rose’s “has been watered with golden can” flag is flipped, it stays flipped until a gold rose pops out (or you dig it up). So you don’t have to use the gold can every day.

Oh, that would explain why I suddenly have a Gold Rose growing on my island today despite not having a golden watering can and not having had any visitors for nearly a week.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Closed - thanks for watering goons. If you came over and need some flowers watered let me know!

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 21, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sable hasnt given me a new pattern in a while. Does she eventually run out of new ones or have I not been talking to her as consistently as I thought I was?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Sable hasnt given me a new pattern in a while. Does she eventually run out of new ones or have I not been talking to her as consistently as I thought I was?

you probably just have them all

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

She runs out, unfortunately.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What are those patterns, anyway? Do they only show up when you're Customizing an item at the workbench?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What are those patterns, anyway? Do they only show up when you're Customizing an item at the workbench?

Certain items get the option to use one of the patterns instead of the default configurations or custom designs. Like you can make a phone case with boat anchors and that sort of thing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
If you put the colourful jigsaw pattern on your phone it makes it look a bit like the Ziggy handset from Quantum Leap.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
itt it's kinda bullshit that you can ever get villagers permanently without them asking. I bought a new plot and went island hopping but met nobody, came back and it was bought by Walt, who I've never even met :mad:

I know Samurai Kangaroo is cool and highly sought after but I was looking for more cute or cool villagers, the only good ones I have are O'Hare and Mira :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

precision posted:

itt it's kinda bullshit that you can ever get villagers permanently without them asking. I bought a new plot and went island hopping but met nobody, came back and it was bought by Walt, who I've never even met :mad:

I know Samurai Kangaroo is cool and highly sought after but I was looking for more cute or cool villagers, the only good ones I have are O'Hare and Mira :(

You'll know where he came from tomorrow.

If you let a villager leave your town they have a chance to go into your islands 'void' where they mingle about. No way of seeing who's there or not. If you visit a lot of people and set up a empty plot of land there's a good chance the game will reach into the void and pick one of those villagers to populate it before you can hunt.

So someone in this thread that you've hung out with or one of your other friends had Walt and since they visited you or you talked to them- guess who got to populate it.

I briefly had someone's rasher but I got rid of him for Punchy. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Can I use an Amiibo to force a villager out, but not invite that Amiibo? I have Lucky's Amiibo but really don't want a third Lazy Bug Whisperer