Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Nondevor posted:

Opening up my island because I have way too many DIY cards and fossils! They’re all in a pile on the right side of the beach next to the airport. There’s also some spare Saharah wallpaper/floors for people to take by the entrance.

Other things of note:
- Nook’s has a 260k grand piano (cherry/light brown) for sale
- Redd is here but the only painting left is a fake jolly painting
- last time I checked, Judy (top left corner, house surrounded by pink roses) was crafting a nice-looking garden bench but don’t know how long she’s been at it

Code in the PGS thread

Would appreciate any bulletin board drawings!

e: comm error, updated the code - hope everyone kept their DIYs!

A chance to visit Delphinus? Why, sure, lemme just go and get a comm error and screw it all up :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I know people said they have no real connection but I have Celeste and Saharah visiting at the same time for like the 10th time in a row tonight :v:

Yeah, actually, Saharah and Celeste for me today too. :iiam:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

E-flat posted:

A chance to visit Delphinus? Why, sure, lemme just go and get a comm error and screw it all up :getin:

Feel free to revisit if you want, I put up a new code. Judy's still crafting the garden bench at least (when I just checked). :shobon:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Celeste is finally here, wandering around in my big orchard. Come listen to the choir in front of my resident center! Kicks is here, turnips are garbage, and I have a bunch of things to give away. I'm going to put some things for cataloging in front of my house as well.

If you happen to have spare Megaloceros parts, that's the last bit for my museum's fossil collection.

Dodo code: Closed

ETA; My front yard is now full of things for cataloging. Touching only, please! Includes three of the floor lights, the grand piano, whirlpool bath, shower stall, barbecue, skeleton, anatomical model, punching bag, golf clubs and about forty others.

Bonster fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 21, 2020

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Thank you to whomever planted a black rose on my island! I didn't know you could do that. What a surprise!

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

:pray:

:catholic:

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Nondevor posted:

Feel free to revisit if you want, I put up a new code. Judy's still crafting the garden bench at least (when I just checked). :shobon:

gently caress me it happened again as someone was arriving! I was in the middle of drawing you an art. ... gotta finish it!

I don’t get it. If this happens again, it’s gotta be something on my end and I gotta fix it somehow

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

E-flat posted:

gently caress me it happened again as someone was arriving! I was in the middle of drawing you an art. ... gotta finish it!

I don’t get it. If this happens again, it’s gotta be something on my end and I gotta fix it somehow

Come on over and see if you crash my island. Then you'll know. It may just be that the servers are stressed right now.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Maybe Celeste will appear with Sahara but only when she's absolutely sure it ain't gonna rain. Like there can't even be the possibility of a rain-shower happening or else she just nopes outta the deal.

I also wanna say that Wisp seems to be programmed to somehow appear when you're just about ready to end a session for the night. Like you're already starting to drift off to sleep and then you either run straight into him on screen or can just see him outta the corner of your eye. The game's like no no no, you ain't done playing the game for today yet.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

E-flat posted:

No worries!

What's weird is that I was hosting a bunch of friends earlier today and didn't have any connection issues. So hopefully it's not something on my end either...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I also wanna say that Wisp seems to be programmed to somehow appear when you're just about ready to end a session for the night. Like you're already starting to drift off to sleep and then you either run straight into him on screen or can just see him outta the corner of your eye. The game's like no no no, you ain't done playing the game for today yet.

:hmmyes:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I keep finding bags of bells hidden around my island as tips from the turnip sell-off this morning. It's actually a lot of fun. Like finding Easter eggs in grandma's yard in June.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

-edit-

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 21, 2020

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Someone who came last night for Celeste hid a present on our playground and that was neat to find!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Nondevor posted:

No worries!

What's weird is that I was hosting a bunch of friends earlier today and didn't have any connection issues. So hopefully it's not something on my end either...

Ahahahahahaha I totally caused that last one by using the phone app. I can feel it in my bones.

Time to crash Bonster

Edit: I came, I waved, I crashed. :hist101:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 21, 2020

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

E-flat posted:

Ahahahahahaha I totally caused that last one by using the phone app. I can feel it in my bones.

Time to crash Bonster

Yeah, it mentioned that someone quietly left. Luckily the Dodo code still works & other people on the island didn’t get booted out...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Let's try this again

Heyo, opening my island for a couple hours. Gonna be idle but

Saharah and Celeste is here I actually haven't bought from Saharah so hell if I know what she has right now :v:
Punchy is crafting Gold Dung Beetles
Bob exists I guess

Wonderful sights abound???

Dodo Code: Closed

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 21, 2020

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Nondevor posted:

Yeah, it mentioned that someone quietly left. Luckily the Dodo code still works & other people on the island didn’t get booted out...

Same thing here. I wonder if the phone app isn't playing nice.

I was just typing "no crashes!" when it crashed. karma!

ETA: The island is still up and running, it just said someone quietly left and we all had to head out from the airport again.

Bonster fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 21, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Bonster posted:

Same thing here. I wonder if the phone app isn't playing nice.

I was just typing "no crashes!" when it crashed. karma!

I’m already wearing my purple toga let me come back and hold my Roman triumph

Edit: okay that last one wasn’t me

E-flat fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 21, 2020

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

E-flat posted:

I’m already wearing my purple toga let me come back and hold my Roman triumph

Do it, do it!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I had Celeste today but not Saharah.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Let's try this again

Saharah and Celeste is here I actually haven't bought from Saharah so hell if I know what she has right now :v:
Bob exists I guess

Dodo Code: 6LQW2
Magic Circle Rug!

Future Tech Wall and Ramshackle Floor, p good p good

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Nondevor posted:

No worries!

You need to post your creator code. I really like some of your designs around your island.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Communication error! I'll close for now and open up tomorrow.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Soysaucebeast posted:

You need to post your creator code. I really like some of your designs around your island.

Aw, thanks! They’re really nothing special though so I haven’t bothered with the creator code stuff.

Though if you were impressed with the manhole covers and simple panels, that’s all in-game customization stuff with the latter being Sable patterns :v:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Bettina had a thought bubble but she just wanted to give me a nickname :(

also, supreme leader is too long

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus christ I just caught an oarfish :stonk:

Between that and the drat centipedes this game is making me anxious :ohdear:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Let's try this again

Bob exists I guess

Dodo Code: 6LQW2

Thanks! I left you a present in front of your crib

You seriously always get those two together, I don't understand it :psyduck:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Johnny Truant posted:

Thanks! I left you a present in front of your crib

You seriously always get those two together, I don't understand it :psyduck:

Thanks, eager to see what it is in a bit :v:

Also gonna be closing up shop in a few minutes, just as a heads up.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

precision posted:

Jesus christ I just caught an oarfish :stonk:

Between that and the drat centipedes this game is making me anxious :ohdear:

FYI, look up how big oarfishes get in real life. I bet you thought sea serpents were just a myth.

Someone help me out. What is that thing in the fossil museum entrance on the Invertebrates side just after the Fungus and Jellyfish exhibits? And is that Algae in front?

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 21, 2020

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

kid sinister posted:

FYI, look up how big oarfishes get in real life. I bet you thought sea serpents were just a myth.

Someone help me out. What is that thing in the fossil museum entrance on the Invertebrates side just after the Fungus and Jellyfish exhibits? And is that Algae in front?

Yeah it seems as you fill in some of the fossil spots, the game auto-fills in some of the other spots with plants and such to make the display seem more full (though they don't have a plaque with them or anything).

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=1#post505017971 Closed!

Turnips at 622 bells for about half an hour. Stalks crashed to 178 bells but leaving open for now.

Also Ava is crafting a cutting board. - she stopped.

Spacesuit in Ables.

Leif is here.

Shallow fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 21, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thanks, eager to see what it is in a bit :v:

Also gonna be closing up shop in a few minutes, just as a heads up.

Hope you like it! It was just something random that I thought somebody else might like :ohdear:

My usual gift is a stack of fish bait but I'm tryna mix it up

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Vic the Viking uhh steer? Bison? Is in boxes today. I can open my island up this evening after like 5pm central if anyone wants him.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Is there a way to stunt the growth of your trees at a certain size? I'm trying to make a staggered forest, but it seems like after sapling they occupy the same amount of space as an adult tree.

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
Closed

Imagine Party Babyz fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 21, 2020

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
I had good luck with new villagers today!

I was able to find Apple on an island, and Wolfgang showed up at the campsite. He just offered to move in, and the first villager he asked to replace was the one (Prince) I wanted to leave

I still need a jock. Right now I have two normal, two lazy, and two cranky villagers, so I’ll have to see which double should go.

Redd also showed up, but he had four fakes. :<

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh hey CJ finally showed up in my village!

...he was not worth the wait.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

He's decent income if you focus on ocean fishing when he is around. Nothing beats gaming turnips, but focusing your fish/bug collecting efforts when CJ or Flick are around are probably the next best thing, barring a lucky hot item that you happen to have a stockpile of materials for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

All Flick, all the time, baby. Even models gotten from Flick through CJ don't hit as hard as his bug models.