Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Guillermus posted:

Oh, ok. So I guess they didn't really think much about how to make a new villain and they came up with that. I may check the PYF meme thread because I'm sure that this exact clip is there.

The premise of the villain is interesting and if you're a fan of Trunks it's a cool storyline because it ties into his future timeline. But other than clothing he does look just like Goku for the most part. Hence those soldiers' confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Everyone's reporting a 30fps cap for consoles.

Well PS5 comes out this year

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Well PS5 comes out this year

So it'll be 30fps at 4K

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Pulcinella posted:

I can’t believe Square decided to make a Front Mission spin-off game. (Well I guess I can believe that and can’t believe FF7R actually turned out good). The only people (including me) who care enough about Front Mission to be excited about a new “Front Mission” game just want another mech strategy game.

I just want another mech game that’s not a Gundam fighting game, micro transaction filled trash, or Enter the Breach (which is great, I’ve just played it to death). No Armored Core allowed for Bloodborne and Sekiro, but Square really has had a long run of stinkers between FF12 and the FF7 remake.

Fromsoft, make another Chromehounds you cowards!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Decent EU sale on at the moment in the Games under €15

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Guillermus posted:

Oh, ok. So I guess they didn't really think much about how to make a new villain and they came up with that. I may check the PYF meme thread because I'm sure that this exact clip is there.

Goku Black is literally the most interesting DBZ villian

Not a high bar to clear granted but he cleared it god dammit

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. the only remaster i like coming out soon far is mafia 1(havent seen enough though) and destroy all humans which had a fun e3 demo. hope they make a mass effect trillogy remaster/ resistance remasters/maybe killzone remasters but probably not that latter two.

Bluepoint's Demon's Souls remaster is gonna own

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I will say that Titanfall 2 has one of the better covers to me since it actually does a decent job of summarizing the gameplay. Wall running, shooting, and giant robots.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation_BR/status/1263542194306273281

Uhhhhhh Brazil I think you said something you weren't supposed to.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

blackguy32 posted:

Wall running, shooting, and giant robots.

Three of the videogame food groups.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Policenaut posted:

Which one of those would I prefer to play on the sofa? Well probably not Just Dance.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I really hate the snarlface Ellie Last of Us 2 cover art. It's just trying way too hard and looks dumb. She looks like a Nu Metal singer or some poo poo.

lol

WaltherFeng posted:

They should commission Shinkawa to do portrait if they want angry face art

The man is brilliant. He can gussie up any old turd

VideoGames posted:

This will forever be my favourite bit of box art.

Thank you for reuniting me with this. :allears:

Ulio posted:

Just started Last of Us remastered. Like 3-4 hour in, it's pretty good thus far even though I had really high expectations. The atmosphere and the world feels really great, reminds me like the best of Walking Dead and I Am Legend in terms of setting. The presentation and production is top notch as usual for Naughty Dog, although I just played Uncharted 4 but that is their newer game so it's a bit better there. Also there is actual gameplay unlike Uncharted which is the most generic TPS ever. The survival/stealth mechanics are nothing new but the atmosphere ND puts in the game really elevates it.

That being said so far I feel like the story up to this point has been fairly predictable. The only thing I knew coming in was Ellie and Joel's names. Hopefully that changes as the game goes on.

Nice to see some positive tlou takes atm, after all the bellyaching of the last 6 months.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

drat Genichiro is a complete roadblock for me, he feels so satisfying to fight but man im being schooled. He's the first boss I've taken more than 2 "sessions" to beat.

I feel i can dodge his overhead slam and his grab 95% but when he steps back, jumps then shoots he gets me every time.

The Genichiro fight is legendary. It raises your skill level by such a margin that you'll go back to him one day and wonder how you got schooled so much.

bows1 posted:

you can block his arrows FYI, you dont have to dodge.

Can his charged arrow be blocked, too? That's the only one I used to dodge on the regular.

veni veni veni posted:

This is mostly a guess on my part, but I think it's a mix of two things 1. I think marketers are under the impression that a cover should show how awesome the graphics are or people won't buy it. and 2. the same reason American movie covers are so bad, because they all need to showcase the stars to get people to bite.

It probably all boils down to some bullshit statistic that gets thrown around at marketing meetings. My guess is that it doesn't actually improve sales at all.

Yeah, I remember that Druckman interview where he said that they had to fight to get Ellie on the cover of TLOU because 'it would harm sales.' :psyduck:

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Everyone's reporting a 30fps cap for consoles.

There's an uncapped option apparently, but even the Xbox one X at 1440p routinely goes into the 40's. Both the Pro and X run at 1440p, and that's apparently asking too much from the Pro as the PS4 at 1080p apparently can outpace it at times. Yikes

There's Metro Redux, and...I really can't think of a multiplatform remaster release that's actually been handled anywhere near as well

Happy_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 21, 2020

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Policenaut posted:

I don't have twitter, post the results plz

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

thehoodie posted:

GT7 is pretty much tied with Fifa at ~40%.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I really wish devs would do what the Nioh devs did and just let you drop a game's resolution to whatever it takes to play it at 60FPS

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

il serpente cosmico posted:

I really wish devs would do what the Nioh devs did and just let you drop a game's resolution to whatever it takes to play it at 60FPS

Assuming the bottleneck is the GPU though, could be the CPU.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

No Motorstorm sequel?

Not interested.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

il serpente cosmico posted:

I will gladly take 1080p or 900p for a solid 60fps. The option is honeslty such a nice inclusion that I too hope it becomes more standard in the future.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

No Motorstorm sequel?

Not interested.

This is what I say to myself in the mirror each morning.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Assuming the bottleneck is the GPU though, could be the CPU.

Indeed. Anything with a heavy physics or AI simulation, or something that requires a lot of texture decompression / streaming is really hard on this generation's consoles. Just Cause 3 is never hitting 60FPS, even if you dropped the resolution to 480i.

I would think Saints 3 should be able to get to 60 with a simple resolution drop, though, particularly on the enhanced consoles. The original game ran pretty close to 30FPS on PS3 and the 360. But who knows.

BisterdDave posted:

I will gladly take 1080p or 900p for a solid 60fps. The option is honeslty such a nice inclusion that I too hope it becomes more standard in the future.

I really enjoyed playing SotC at 60FPS. It felt like a treat, considering how good it looked, and how poorly the PS2 version ran.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Did I see posts about a ghost of Tsushima demo earlier?

I watched a gameplay video from last week and it reminded of Horizon almost, especially the generic materials gathering. Was a little underwhelmed but I liked the two-three hit katana combat

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

thehoodie posted:

code:
FIFA20            35.5%
Just Dance 2020   7.9%
Knack II          10%
Gran Turismo 7    46.7%

4,705 votes · 1 day left
1 in 10 people prefer Knack 2.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My hype levels for TLoU2 are now so far below the surface of the earth that, as long as it doesn't cause my PS4 to explode, I'll enjoy it enough to complain about the plot with everyone else

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Frog Act posted:

Did I see posts about a ghost of Tsushima demo earlier?

I watched a gameplay video from last week and it reminded of Horizon almost, especially the generic materials gathering. Was a little underwhelmed but I liked the two-three hit katana combat

That's the thing everyone's talking about, yeah

I did appreciate the historical accuracy of picking flowers by crashing into them on horseback

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

Last of Us was one of a very slim volume of games that my wife wanted to watch me play from beginning to end, ie, I could do what I want and play without her, but it would have been on par with skipping ahead on a show we were both watching. Mainly she either doesn't care at all, or she'll maybe look up if it sounds like something wacky is happening, so that really says something about the quality of presentation. Doubly so because she's way over anything zombie or zombie-adjacent.

I think predictability isn't really a bad thing if you nail the telling, which Naughty Dog generally does. They've also never told a story that I'd rate better than "aggressively competent FX series", but in the world of video game development just being reliably adequate at conveying a story like an adult speaking their native language basically makes you Steven Soderbergh.

Eh the last sentence is true even if I wish I could say games had better stories. Naughty Dog have really pushed the narrative side in the industry and props to them. They are also one of the few devs who push diversity in their games so I don't mind supporting them even if sometimes the gameplay in their games is average(uncharted mainly). I was just imagining Nadine in Tlou setting and thinking she would gently caress poo poo up.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

drat Genichiro is a complete roadblock for me, he feels so satisfying to fight but man im being schooled. He's the first boss I've taken more than 2 "sessions" to beat.

I feel i can dodge his overhead slam and his grab 95% but when he steps back, jumps then shoots he gets me every time.

That definitely is the moment that makes or breaks the game for most people. It's my favorite fight in the game because even though there is better fights afterwards it really is the moment where you know this game is something special. That boss took me a lot of time too because I was playing the game incorrectly up until that point.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Genichiro is the fight that teaches you that you need to stand toe to toe with your foes and actually duel them

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Also blocking the arrows is actually kinda ok

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I love when Genichiro fires his arrows in mid air. It's one of those animations that trips the pleasure centers of my brain in a very specific way.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I love when Genichiro fires his arrows in mid air. It's one of those animations that trips the pleasure centers of my brain in a very specific way.

For me it's the mikiri counter and (late game spoiler) Owl's feint during the Father fight. They're up there with Snake slowly going prone in Phantom Pain as animations I could watch on loop without diminishing returns.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ulio posted:

That definitely is the moment that makes or breaks the game for most people. It's my favorite fight in the game because even though there is better fights afterwards it really is the moment where you know this game is something special. That boss took me a lot of time too because I was playing the game incorrectly up until that point.

This is so true, in retrospect I've managed to get through a lot of the earlier bosses playing it kind of like Dark Souls but Genichiro is really making me rethink the game and be conscious of keeping my block up and the lack of stamina management.

Anyways, I'm gonna sit down to my 3rd attempt of the day trying to beat the bastard :ninja: :rip: :cry:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Whoever designed the Lightning counter in Sekiro deserves a raise. It's the most satisfying thing I've ever experienced in these Souls-style games, just taking this element of nature always used to kill you and give that boss a big gently caress YOU as you throw it back.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah the lightning and mikiri counters both feel amazing. It feels good to dodge into attacks in Bloodborne, since checking intimidating enemies with pure aggression really makes you feel powerful, and Sekiro takes that to another level.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Both the Pro and X run at 1440p, and that's apparently asking too much from the Pro as the PS4 at 1080p apparently can outpace it at times. Yikes

I hate when devs do this to pro versions, and it happens all the time. We end up with the worse experience with no recourse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If there's one thing that video games could learn from movies, it's camera work. Never have I ever watched a movie and saw the camera shove itself facefirst into a wall while the main character was trying to walk through a door.

Bring back GODHAND's camera system, FFS

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I don't want to buy FF7Remake until the full game is out. Will it 2023 before all of it is released?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't want to buy FF7Remake until the full game is out. Will it 2023 before all of it is released?

We'll be lucky if part 2 is released 2023.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
gently caress yeah man did it second try, finally nailed that lightning counter, great boss, what a game!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Square doesn't even know how many parts they're going to make in total. It's entirely possible it could actually not be finished by 2030.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crows Turn Off posted:

I can't imagine doing that. FF7R took me over 40 hours to finish. All the FF7R games might take over 120 hours to beat. 7R didn't feel like an incomplete game upon completion, however I didn't play much of 7 before beating it. It's an awesome game and who knows when they will finish all the FF7R games they want to make.