Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't want to buy FF7Remake until the full game is out. Will it 2023 before all of it is released?

It's a full game right now and it's going to have a currently unknown number of sequels, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

il serpente cosmico posted:

Bluepoint's Demon's Souls remaster is gonna own

gonna laugh so hard when this doesn't happen.

(not because they are not making it, but because the game is only good if it was your first souls game. :colbert: )

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

(not because they are not making it, but because the game is only good if it was your first souls game. :colbert: )

I went back to it after beating every other soulsborne game and just could not get into it at all. It is very rough compared to the rest of the series. I do think a remake is in the works, and it'll bring a bunch of modern mechanics that make it much more enjoyable.

(I really hope at least)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah Demon’s Souls feels rough nowadays. If they do a remaster they’ll have do a bit of QoL work to the controls and mechanics.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Vikar Jerome posted:

I played Demon's Souls after having played DS1 and DS3 and it's still my favorite Souls game. Valley of Defilement and Tower of Latria ftw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BisterdDave posted:

I went back to it after beating every other soulsborne game and just could not get into it at all. It is very rough compared to the rest of the series. I do think a remake is in the works, and it'll bring a bunch of modern mechanics that make it much more enjoyable.

(I really hope at least)

personally i don't think its a full on remake, i think bluepoint are just doing enhanced remasters of select ps1-3 games (probably in liu of full bc because goddamnit) so gameplay/camera/controls will be intact but you'll have 4k with new textures. maybe for free if you own the original disc or some poo poo or pay a bit extra for the 4kness.

i'll be super surprised if its a full demons souls only remake given how they've been teasing poo poo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The one thing I know will definitely disappear from a remake of DeS is friendly black phantoming, and that makes me sad because it was pretty fun to just go around and help people like that.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I waited for persona 5 royal so I am gonna wait for FF7R: the remakiest on PS8 in 2035

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't want to buy FF7Remake until the full game is out. Will it 2023 before all of it is released?

:lmao:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

gently caress yeah man did it second try, finally nailed that lightning counter, great boss, what a game!

Dope! You're a natural. Is it wrong for me to feel schadenfreude-y and be looking forward to you :negative: when you reach your first REAL brick wall?

BisterdDave posted:

(I really hope at least)

I played it all the way through for the first time in 2016 after platting BB, DS3, and starting DS1 Prepare to Die and DS2 Scholar. I think Demon's Souls is absolutely unique. There are zero quality of life menu features, that's for sure, but the level of weirdness to the worlds and the whole East meets West vibe of the game is completely rad, and only Bloodborne is similar on that level. It feels 'snappier' than Dark Souls, and the character models animate much more smoothly. The NPCs are a lot more interesting on average than those of DS1 (which has some of the most forgettable to me), I simply love the idea of the Maiden in Black. And personally, the entire Shrine of Storms area might be one of the top 3 coolest, weirdest, and most otherworldly zones FROM has ever concocted.

Valley of Defilement is my eternal nightmare, tho

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played Demon's Souls after playing all three Dark Souls and Bloodborne and while I agree is rough, it has some charm and aesthetic that makes it unique. The nonsensical world tendency and how stuff work are outdated but I take it as a discovery trip and I loving love it too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really do hope Bluepoint's Demon's Souls is a real thing because drat, I imagine they would go out and finish Land of the Giants.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Crows Turn Off posted:

I love this post it gets better every time someone posts it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

We'll be lucky if part 2 is released

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I played Demon's Souls after having played DS1 and DS3 and it's still my favorite Souls game. Valley of Defilement and Tower of Latria ftw

Agreed 100%,

DeS still owns big time.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I gamefly’d Demon’s Souls at launch, probably due to the thread here. I went in mashing buttons and thinking it was some janky Japanese indie thing. I returned it and completely forgot about it.

When Dark Souls came out I was fully hyped and played the gently caress out of it.

Sometime later DeS was irresistible and I bought it digitally. I was so shocked to see my savegame had three level ~15 characters, all in 1-1. One had opened the boss room. The memories came rushing back and I was so mad at myself for giving up right away.

That made me both understand how people can bounce off Souls games so easily, and how different the games feel once you grasp the mechanics.

The rumors of a DeS remake for PS5 are driving me nuts. There have been rumors like that forever but it feels possible now more than ever. Some QoL improvements and whatever is behind that broken archstone, at 60FPS...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I played demon souls later and it was fine? Didn’t particularly grab me and I bounced off about half way through

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DeS remaster plz. Warhawk remaster plz.

Bring back the bright spots of the 7th gen!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

I played demon souls later and it was fine? Didn’t particularly grab me and I bounced off about half way through

I couldn't give less of a poo poo about des or dark souls any more. From have thankfully moved on and so has gameplay. I like the way the game functions (per BB) but I just find the pace of DS really boring now. I feel bad for buying the DS remaster and playing about an hour before Latif it to rest forever. That was a waste of money.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

your av is killing me less these days

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JBP posted:

I couldn't give less of a poo poo about des or dark souls any more. From have thankfully moved on and so has gameplay. I like the way the game functions (per BB) but I just find the pace of DS really boring now. I feel bad for buying the DS remaster and playing about an hour before Latif it to rest forever. That was a waste of money.

These opinions make me sad because the more From has moved away from DeSouls the less and less I have liked their games. Sekiro was a big whiff for me and Bloodborne really only passed for me because of the setting, art design, etc.

Ideally there'd From A and From B keeping both of us satisfied. (Maybe there is and that's what Elden Ring will be :shrug: )

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I played Demon's Souls again recently and I think it really holds up well. The bosses are really gimmicky but I don't mind a Souls game that let's me tear through bosses once I know the gimmick. It's still my favorite overall, even though maybe I like the play in Bloodborne better, I really like some of the levels Demon's and the NPCs are unforgettable.

If anyone in this thread cares, the game is completely playable on PC these days, though online is only available if you play on the PS3 through some unofficial server.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 21, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrNutt posted:

These opinions make me sad because the more From has moved away from DeSouls the less and less I have liked their games. Sekiro was a big whiff for me and Bloodborne really only passed for me because of the setting, art design, etc.

Ideally there'd From A and From B keeping both of us satisfied. (Maybe there is and that's what Elden Ring will be :shrug: )

What do you like more about dark souls? The rpg stuff or the pacing? I'd be really happy with more of the outfitting and other customisation from ds. Hopefully Elden Ring can manage to do a From greatest elements mashup everyone can enjoy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JBP posted:

What do you like more about dark souls? The rpg stuff or the pacing? I'd be really happy with more of the outfitting and other customisation from ds. Hopefully Elden Ring can manage to do a From greatest elements mashup everyone can enjoy.

Both really. My reflexes are terrible and no matter how much I sit down and try to get good at parrying I just can't hack it. I like being able to sword and board or use magic so that I can deal damage without opening myself up to as much punishment. As I've gotten older I've only gotten worse at this poo poo so the more from has pushed the pace of the combat up and pushed a more aggressive playstyle I feel more and more left out.

I just played through Jedi: Fallen Order and while I definitely have my issues with that game, one thing I liked was that the different difficulty options actually changed the parry timing window so it made the game much more accessible for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FROM bad, Fallen Order good?

:thunk:

edit;

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 21, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Miyazaki has said Elden Ring will be as hard as Sekiro/BB, and will carry forward some of its mechanics.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FROM bad, Fallen Order good?

:thunk:

edit;

That's a pretty bad misinterpretation of what I said. Anything by From is still miles ahead of Fallen Order.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Miyazaki has said Elden Ring will be as hard as Sekiro/BB, and will carry forward some of its mechanics.

Well :rip: me I guess

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Sekiro is ultimately just dark Souls but focusing more on countering rather than dodging.

It’s at the height of its hype because it’s new but assuming it gets sequels people will grow more accustomed to it and it will become the new DS for a lot of players.

I honestly prefer Dark Souks combat as I find it’s focus more interesting.
I also don’t think the combat is that hard once you understand what the game wants from you but that is how Dark Souls functions as well

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrNutt posted:

Well :rip: me I guess

I played BB from start to finish with the kirkhammer in pancake mode first time through. You probably won't have to parry and will have some other options hopefully!

Personally I will want to play ER with the biggest smashy poo poo they got.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bows1 posted:

you can block his arrows FYI, you dont have to dodge.
If I remember right, If you get the timing right it does poise damage to him, just the same as blocking a melee attack.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DrNutt posted:

That's a pretty bad misinterpretation of what I said. Anything by From is still miles ahead of Fallen Order.

Sorry, just playin. :)

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Demon's Souls was my first of the series and I did like it a lot back when I first played it (though it took a few goes before I finally stuck with it and beat the 1-1 :lol:), but I revisited it fairly recently. I think it holds up pretty well next to the other games in the series (and I'll still take it over Dark Souls 2). Some of the quality of life stuff is annoying (the pointless inventory encumbrance comes to mind), but the atmosphere, feel, and world design are all really good. Losing online connectivity definitely hurts it, though. I'd really love a full PS4 SotC-style remake treatment for it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

If I remember right, If you get the timing right it does poise damage to him, just the same as blocking a melee attack.

I didn't know this. Does it deflect it back or does his poise drop due to the anime "NANI?" effect?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fallen Order is legit one of the worst AAA games I've played in recent memory. It's so buggy it's unbelievable. Everything about it is like 80% ready. Nothing works properly. It's so so bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Control is legit one of the worst AAA games I've played in recent memory. It's so buggy it's unbelievable. Everything about it is like 80% ready. Nothing works properly. It's so so bad.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JBP posted:

I didn't know this. Does it deflect it back or does his poise drop due to the anime "NANI?" effect?
Probably the latter. He's just so distressed that you blocked his arrow.

Really, when it comes to Sekiro, instruction number one is that unless you see that red warning, you can and should block it.

Edit: there's a boss later on that can be beaten entirely by blocking him. He'll just fill his own stagger gauge all by himself and then you just ninja kill him.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 22, 2020

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fallen Order is legit one of the worst AAA games I've played in recent memory. It's so buggy it's unbelievable. Everything about it is like 80% ready. Nothing works properly. It's so so bad.

I didn't encounter any bugs to speak of but it still felt unfinished. Like they pushed out the first pass without any real play testing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

Probably the latter. He's just so distressed that you blocked his arrow.

Really, when it comes to Sekiro, instruction number one is that unless you see that red warning, you can and should block it.

Edit: there's a boss later on that can be beaten entirely by blocking him. He'll just fill his own stagger gauge all by himself and then you just ninja kill him.

I never really blocked his bow because a dodge then run at him was free hits and I never hesitate.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Has Fallen Order been patched at all to a point where it seems like a finished game? I probably want to check it out once it drops below $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Unfamiliar with Ubisoft I see