Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

b-minus1 posted:

The thought crossed my mind earlier tbh. Lunch kumba today, he flips scum and Jose has ultimate town cred. But imo it would make more sense to attempt to lunch a town player and win today
Okay then.

There's an outside case to be made that TNL is actually the smartest vote today, but its lynchpin is the assumption that kumba and jose are not scumbuddies. It also degenerates into some massive WIFOM over whether or not the scum leave kumba alive overnight, which is why I wanted to know if his role required an overt act, since then we could just vote him out at lylo if the game did not in fact win itself for us.

Between that and this very good point:

Jose Valasquez posted:

This doesn't add up. You brought up the idea of everyone claiming in the first place.

You obviously wanted to claim
I'm ready to vote kumba. Any objections?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

You still jump very oddly from having nothing bad to say about keane to him being third on your list, though.

The first week of the game was extremely busy for me. I got paged for work something like 10 times in a few days:

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm on call for work and everything has been blowing up all day so I might not have a lot of time to read or post before the deadline.

From the high level skimming I was doing of the thread, Keane seemed to be putting in genuine effort, and the meta argument thing was something I had a strong opinion about that didn't require digging through post histories. On Friday, once I was no longer on call and I actually had time to dig into his posting around the LordNad vote I agreed that it looked scummy so I adjusted my read.

Reevaluating opinions based on new information is Mafia

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I suppose it’s possible that kumba and Jose are town and andy or tnl is the final scum.

drat this is very stressful

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It's also occurred to me that kumba really ought to be advocating a no-vote today if he's telling the truth; there's every chance we're at lylo right now.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
when I first read the role I literally WTFd out loud because I couldn't fathom what use it could be; claiming it obviously makes me a liability, I have no other information, and there's little chance of it ever even coming into play

a few days later I had a eureka moment and figured, in the offchance I'm alive in 3-man LYLO, it makes for a hell of a gambit and what an ending that would be! fitting, given the first season!

There's no reason for me to make up such a ridiculous role, and I claimed no night action while zzyzx was still alive, leaving me open to get caught if I'm killing or visiting anyone. Why take the risk??

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

It's also occurred to me that kumba really ought to be advocating a no-vote today if he's telling the truth; there's every chance we're at lylo right now.

I extremely doubt there are two scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Maybe tnl is the best lunch choice.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##unvote

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The way I see it, if it's TNL then whatever I'm claiming a moral victory even if the town loses. I extremely doubt it

If it's b-, that's the hardest bus I think I've ever seen, and on a first timer no less

It's gotta be Jose or Andy, I think Jose is scummier by posts but Andy is scummier by setup spec, so I'd still go Jose first

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Jose

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Maybe tnl is the best lunch choice.
If and only if you don't think it's possible that kumba and jose are working together, it is. It certainly puts the scum into an interesting position with regard to leaving kumba alive for tomorrow. I'll do an abbreviated breakdown of the big post I wrote, since I deleted that one:

If there's two scum and it's jose/kumba: Vote jose or kumba.
If there's two scum and it's TNL and jose or kumba: Vote TNL because he's the one we're sure of in that pairing.
If there's one scum: We don't lose today no matter what. In this scenario I say vote jose or TNL; if kumba is the scum he'll obviously keep himself alive. If jose/TNL is the scum, he has to assume kumba's telling the truth about his role and thus has a bad choice -- keep kumba alive and give the town another way to win the game, or kill kumba and signal unambiguously who the scum is. Next day will come down to a massive WIFOM over if kumba is alive because he's the last scum or because the scum wanted us to think he is.

Note that if you strike out the jose/kumba possibility, then "vote TNL" is always one of the correct decisions for today. But if you don't do that... well, like I said, I'm willing to vote kumba at this point.

Also for the record, I'm aware that all of this is staked on b- being definitely town and I'm okay with that. If he's scum we're going to lose this game and we deserve to lose, he's played a masterpiece.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

FYI votefinder seems to be having issues at the moment:
Votecount for Day 6

kumba (2): Jose Valasquez, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): CapnAndy, kumba, The Ninth Layer

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2020 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the problem is that, if you're willing to believe me and vote to NoLunch, you believe me so why wouldn't you just vote the other guy

my role at this point is, I think, irrelevant

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

FYI votefinder seems to be having issues at the moment:
Votecount for Day 6

kumba (2): Jose Valasquez, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): CapnAndy, kumba, The Ninth Layer

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2020 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

When this happens if you go to votefinder and hit the refresh arrow thingy on the game it fixes it

Votecount for Day 6

Jose Valasquez (1): kumba
kumba (1): Jose Valasquez, b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, CapnAndy, The Ninth Layer

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

kumba posted:

The way I see it, if it's TNL then whatever I'm claiming a moral victory even if the town loses. I extremely doubt it

TNL's scum buddy found :v:

But seriously I agree with this, if it is TNL then that's just a big wet fart on the entire game

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

If and only if you don't think it's possible that kumba and jose are working together, it is. It certainly puts the scum into an interesting position with regard to leaving kumba alive for tomorrow. I'll do an abbreviated breakdown of the big post I wrote, since I deleted that one:

If there's two scum and it's jose/kumba: Vote jose or kumba.
If there's two scum and it's TNL and jose or kumba: Vote TNL because he's the one we're sure of in that pairing.
If there's one scum: We don't lose today no matter what. In this scenario I say vote jose or TNL; if kumba is the scum he'll obviously keep himself alive. If jose/TNL is the scum, he has to assume kumba's telling the truth about his role and thus has a bad choice -- keep kumba alive and give the town another way to win the game, or kill kumba and signal unambiguously who the scum is. Next day will come down to a massive WIFOM over if kumba is alive because he's the last scum or because the scum wanted us to think he is.

Note that if you strike out the jose/kumba possibility, then "vote TNL" is always one of the correct decisions for today. But if you don't do that... well, like I said, I'm willing to vote kumba at this point.

Also for the record, I'm aware that all of this is staked on b- being definitely town and I'm okay with that. If he's scum we're going to lose this game and we deserve to lose, he's played a masterpiece.

Option 4, kumba's role does give some kind of lylo advantage, but not for town. The best lies are close to the truth

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
is this scum Andy trying to keep me, him, and b- alive to LYLO for a guaranteed lunch on me? this sudden push to lunch TNL in most circumstances is ehhhh

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

kumba posted:

the problem is that, if you're willing to believe me and vote to NoLunch, you believe me so why wouldn't you just vote the other guy

my role at this point is, I think, irrelevant
One of my fundamental problems with you is that this is and always has been true. As you've described it, your role requires:

1) the unambiguous knowledge the town is in LYLO
2) the town being willing to place absolute trust in you telling the truth
3) the town willingly no-voting at lylo, even though if they're wrong that loses the game as surely as a misvote

The only time 1 can ever be true is when there's three people left, and if 2 is true, then as you yourself have said, why not just vote for the other guy, because like 3 says, why wouldn't you, it's exactly as risky.

As described you are some sort of bizarre quasi-survivor who offers no actual benefit to the town. Either you're lying or Kloaked and Spoonsy owe you and the rest of us an apology for the worst role ever created by God or man. (To say nothing of how this is nowhere remotely similar to the Oracle role it's apparently named after!)

This is sort of exactly why I don't believe you, man.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

Option 4, kumba's role does give some kind of lylo advantage, but not for town. The best lies are close to the truth
Oh, that's not bad at all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Oh, that's not bad at all.
Especially because hypothetical scum kumba always knows when the town is at LYLO, not just when 3 people are left.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm sorry I'm multiposting like a lunatic but I keep on seeing it more and more.

How the effing heck is a townie supposed to use a role that only works at LYLO when 3 people left alive is literally the only time in the game the town can be sure they're in LYLO? Why haven't any of us been questioning that before now?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Also, I was typing this up anyway before this whole other avenue of discussion blew up:

kumba sat at two votes -- b- and jose -- for a significant amount of time. During that time, both TNL and I participated in the thread and could have hammered him.

kumba will not vote for himself.

If kumba is town and there's two scum remaining, unless the scumteam is b- and jose, TNL or I are the remaining scum. But if that were the case, we would have hammered and won the game. This didn't happen. Thus, "kumba is town and there's two scum remaining" is impossible. One of those statements must be false.

Which means that if there are two scum remaining, kumba must be one of them.

Which means voting kumba is the correct choice today: if there's two scum, one of them is him, and if there's one scum, he still may be it and we don't lose on a misvote.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I literally posted almost exactly that twice

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Would anyone like to find fault in anything I just said, I'm honestly asking. Because I think this is airtight.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

kumba posted:

I literally posted almost exactly that twice
You gotta be more specific dude, I'm sorta having a moment here.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

when I first read the role I literally WTFd out loud because I couldn't fathom what use it could be; claiming it obviously makes me a liability, I have no other information, and there's little chance of it ever even coming into play

a few days later I had a eureka moment and figured, in the offchance I'm alive in 3-man LYLO, it makes for a hell of a gambit and what an ending that would be! fitting, given the first season!

There's no reason for me to make up such a ridiculous role, and I claimed no night action while zzyzx was still alive, leaving me open to get caught if I'm killing or visiting anyone. Why take the risk??

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Also, I was typing this up anyway before this whole other avenue of discussion blew up:

kumba sat at two votes -- b- and jose -- for a significant amount of time. During that time, both TNL and I participated in the thread and could have hammered him.

kumba will not vote for himself.

If kumba is town and there's two scum remaining, unless the scumteam is b- and jose, TNL or I are the remaining scum. But if that were the case, we would have hammered and won the game. This didn't happen. Thus, "kumba is town and there's two scum remaining" is impossible. One of those statements must be false.

Which means that if there are two scum remaining, kumba must be one of them.

Which means voting kumba is the correct choice today: if there's two scum, one of them is him, and if there's one scum, he still may be it and we don't lose on a misvote.

The highlighted part is logically the third option, but if it were true I wouldn't be pointing it out, I'd just say :hmmyes:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

The highlighted part is logically the third option, but if it were true I wouldn't be pointing it out, I'd just say :hmmyes:
I don’t believe b- is scum and I’m quite willing to bet the game on it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I don’t believe b- is scum and I’m quite willing to bet the game on it.

Then yes, assuming b- is town I think you are correct, kumba cannot be town if there are two scum remaining

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t trust kumba. he sat at -1 for a while and if he was town, scum could have easily hammered. The last thing I want is for us to lose due to lylo shenanigans. I recall a recent game where lumpen made it to a 3 person LYLO and won because he had a doublevoter part of his role that he hid from everyone. Kumba needs to be the lunch today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote kumba

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Does anyone have a reason to not hammer?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I say do it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
:pray:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote kumba :redhammer:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

oh gently caress me are you scum with someone

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Great chat everyone.

Somehow, the town was not yet safe yet. No one was certain as to why. So after some squabble, they looked to Kumba. What the heck was an Oraclet? Could it be a typo? And if it was a typo, what the heck is an Oracle? Surely it was a front for something.

So they put the peeps in the chili pot and threw Kumba off the cliff. They put the peeps in the chili pot ... and there wasn't a bounce

Kumba, Chidi Anagonye, Oracle, (Town-Aligned) has been chasm'd

Night actions!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:ghost:

:ghost:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
THAT WAS FAST!

NO FANCY FLAVOR

TNL IS DEAD

HE WAS IN FACT

TheNinthLayer, John Wheaton, Snoop (Town-Aligned) has been ladle'd

DO THE THING! YOU HAVE TIL SATURDAY AT HIGH NOON!

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, CapnAndy, Jose Valasquez

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 13 hours.