Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I was gonna write a whole thing but basically ONE is kind of the Terry Pratchett of anime

Yeah even his gag manga that's just short jokes gets profound and touching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Since I just spent forever finding this, if anyone else had trouble figuring out where there's an English version of the Mask vs Bondage Monster redraw, here it is: https://mangadex.org/chapter/882899/1

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Man with Hat posted:

Since I just spent forever finding this, if anyone else had trouble figuring out where there's an English version of the Mask vs Bondage Monster redraw, here it is: https://mangadex.org/chapter/882899/1

I like the change even more translated

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

RC Cola posted:

I learned it is unavailable on prime so RIP me

If you have VPN you could try Netflixing to Malaysia because we definitely get mob psycho

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Man with Hat posted:

Thanks man! I was wondering why it took so long to be translated.

Those cracks in whips face looked a lot like the cracks from Sweet Masks face. But fact that he had an actual hole in his eye makes the mask part in his name pretty clear. Is he the human monster we all are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Thanks man! I was wondering why it took so long to be translated.

Those cracks in whips face looked a lot like the cracks from Sweet Masks face. But fact that he had an actual hole in his eye makes the mask part in his name pretty clear. Is he the human monster we all are.

Sweet Mask vs Garou is gonna be such a dope parallel fight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

Okay I'm sold. Is Mob Psycho on Netflix or Hulu?

the best part about the awesome fights in Mob Psycho is that they aren't even as good as the character interactions and growth in the series

Mob Psycho is a masterpiece

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Everyone is doing the sailor moon redraw:

https://twitter.com/Bezalel707/status/1262660749274435584

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Anyone in this threat able to translate this tweet from Murata better than Twitter can? I assume it's an update on what's going on with the changes to the chapters in the next volume, but it's sort of hard to tell:

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1263740049926963200?s=19

I'd love to think we could get a new chapter soon, but I'm pretty doubtful about that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

Anyone in this threat able to translate this tweet from Murata better than Twitter can? I assume it's an update on what's going on with the changes to the chapters in the next volume, but it's sort of hard to tell:

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1263740049926963200?s=19

I'd love to think we could get a new chapter soon, but I'm pretty doubtful about that.

Murata is redrawing stuff in old volumes AFAIK

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
He's apologizing for the lack of updates, he's working on a special book. Volume 22 is nearly complete. Because volume 22 is connected to volumes 19-24, they will also be updated. Please wait and look forward to it!

As far as I can tell.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, I hope he's taking time for himself when he can. I can't imagine someone as prolific as Murata ever feeling the need to apologize for not producing enough.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Man, I hope he's taking time for himself when he can. I can't imagine someone as prolific as Murata ever feeling the need to apologize for not producing enough.

I hope he meant Twitter updates.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Murata took 4+ months for himself just to relax I'd say it's understandable and probably sane too.

Dude deserves some rest for his insane work.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
Be quiet you

let him sacrifice himself so that we may get more bald guys punching monsters

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Remember the time ONE purposefully withheld drafts so Murata was forced to relax and spend time with his family?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm not sure which OPM thread is the right one, but is there a place to watch the second season of the anime dubbed? My nephew and I have been getting into it and he prefers dubs to subs.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Little Mac posted:

I'm not sure which OPM thread is the right one, but is there a place to watch the second season of the anime dubbed? My nephew and I have been getting into it and he prefers dubs to subs.

I can't find it on any of the legit streaming sites. From what I've seen is they had it for a few days then it just vanished. Hulu still has Season 1 dubbed but not subbed. I don't know what the hell they're doing.

e: It looks like Adult Swim may have it if you have a cable sub.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 2, 2020

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Gothmog1065 posted:

I can't find it on any of the legit streaming sites. From what I've seen is they had it for a few days then it just vanished. Hulu still has Season 1 dubbed but not subbed. I don't know what the hell they're doing.

e: It looks like Adult Swim may have it if you have a cable sub.

Hulu has season 1 subbed and dubbed.

Don't know where to find season 2 dubbed though.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So the Child Emperor vs Phoenixman fight got retconned.

Or should I say Penguinman

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 8, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

I really wish at least one version of this fight would just become canon so Murata and ONE can move on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
eh, i don't really like this change.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'd wait until we get a translation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

skaianDestiny posted:

Where are you hearing this? I can't find anything.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

I'd wait until we get a translation.

There is one. 99.5 on dex

But I truly do not understand why this was made, even having read the webcomic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's foreshadowing for webcomic spoilerschild emperor leaving the hero association. it's not really necessary at all because his dissatisfaction was already pretty well established.

the real reason was probably because murata wanted to draw that wall penetration chase scene, though.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 9, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's foreshadowing for child emperor leaving the hero association. it's not really necessary at all because his dissatisfaction was already pretty well established.

the real reason was probably because murata wanted to draw that wall penetration chase scene, though.

Should probably mention this is webcomic spoilers.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The rest of the fight got translated while we slept, including a small addition to the Zombieman chapter.

Penguin mode was an interesting gag, but the original fight was so much better with the escalating stakes of the revived subterraneans and ninjas, plus the ticking clock of the mech.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Link?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/918406
https://mangadex.org/chapter/918701
https://mangadex.org/chapter/918876/1

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I was all ready to start bitching about the PhoenixMan redraws, but these are really good pages!

We get to see Saitama being Sea King arc Saitama again and the struggle and perils of Child Emperor are excellent too. Phoenix Man is funny as hell.

I also totally missed the symbolism of a child fighting a cartoon character in the first go of these chapters, but the redraw helps a lot with making it more plain to see.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

These new scenes are dumb as hell.

Which is great, because this arc has been very serious for most of its existence up until Saitama ran into Flashy Flashy and small cyclops girl.

yota821
Sep 3, 2006
Per ONE the redraw is all Murata’s idea and says he’s just incredible (understatement much?).

https://twitter.com/one_rakugaki/status/1270418750269845505?s=21

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Murata draws manga for fun.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Good guy Zombieman

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like this version of the story way more but, Murata, buddy, you kinda have to let things go you can't redraw every chapter 3 times.

Also Phoenixman being this meme cracks me up:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

Good guy Zombieman

This is the only good change of this redraw and I appreciate Zombieman's continued existence as one of the only reasonable heroes in the series. I wish these last couple redraws didn't lean heavily onto stuff from later in the webcomic to setup what would naturally occur anyways.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I guess none of these chapters have ended up in a collected tankobon yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I prefer these new chapters. They're funnier, provide better charactization and more Saitama.