Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope the democrats are ruined by trump. they are so terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Reverend Dr posted:

my state deliberately hosed up my application for this

oh poo poo that SUCKS. can you appeal?!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Malcolm XML posted:

make death come faster you say? hmm, in the absence of a meteor...

whatever happened to that promised death rock people were talking about in march or w/e

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

euphronius posted:

NB: do not use charmin ever unless you arent flushing it or renting and dont care

y

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hahahaha! america sucks rear end!!!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Berniebucks dry up at the end of July, right?

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

I hope the democrats are ruined by trump. they are so terrible

Well he made short work of the republicans

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

shovelbum posted:

Are you excited to get it twice a year forever until you die in your fifties, sixties max?

if this thing lasts that long there'll be money in a cure or some functioning government will keep plugging away at until they develop one

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Charmin was notorious for causing clogs, but I think that isnt the case anymore

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

if this thing lasts that long there'll be money in a cure or some functioning government will keep plugging away at until they develop one

perhaps it will just keep decimating the population every year until the only humans who survive are ones with natural immunity

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
My bf works for credit union. They've been drive thru only for a while. Now they are insisting to open up lobby for up to 25 ppl on june 1st.

When workers pointed out our county has no more than 10 ppl rule until mid june, the manager said "we are a state orginization so we go by state guidelines"

Nevermind it's Indianapolis so obviously we have the highest concentration of cases in the state here.

The lobby can't hold 10 people with social distance, much less 25.

They have not installed plexiglass and do not know when it will be installed (corporate office has plexiglass already)

They will not be mandating mask use by customera or employees.

There is one branch that already has confirmed active covid case.

Their plan is to have NO protective measures.

So now we get to decide between no job/insurance and probable exposure.

(And we're luckier than most that he even gets to choose!)

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

imagine hearing that trump said a thing will happen and then believing that the thing will happen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/EntEarth/status/1263811865119002626?s=20

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Buy bamboo toilet paper unless you support cutting down Canadian old growth forest so you can wipe your goony rear end

Even better is to get a bidet

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

wow, it's really hard to pay healthcare workers instead of profiting from them, wow.

wow,

wow!

wow, must be govt. getting in the way of the free hand of private enterparts

----

not even an 'all proceeds [...]', hoooo eeeeeee

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Collect all 4

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

somebody called it pop funko once and I got angry about it

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
collect covid

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Coatlicue posted:

My bf works for credit union. They've been drive thru only for a while. Now they are insisting to open up lobby for up to 25 ppl on june 1st.

When workers pointed out our county has no more than 10 ppl rule until mid june, the manager said "we are a state orginization so we go by state guidelines"

Nevermind it's Indianapolis so obviously we have the highest concentration of cases in the state here.

The lobby can't hold 10 people with social distance, much less 25.

They have not installed plexiglass and do not know when it will be installed (corporate office has plexiglass already)

They will not be mandating mask use by customera or employees.

There is one branch that already has confirmed active covid case.

Their plan is to have NO protective measures.

So now we get to decide between no job/insurance and probable exposure.

(And we're luckier than most that he even gets to choose!)

sounds like a good opportunity to organize his worksite! the Central IN DSA chapter has a couple of members who work with unions so they may be a good resource if he wants to go that route.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mayor Dave posted:

Buy bamboo toilet paper unless you support cutting down Canadian old growth forest so you can wipe your goony rear end

All roads lead back to bidet chat

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED

a.lo posted:

somebody called it pop funko once and I got angry about it

how many pops funko do you own

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

durrneez posted:

at this point i feel like people should just be sending each other fake invoices for work in february and then filing for PUA based on them. the state govts are so loving incompetent that you might as well before they send all the money to nigeria while denying legitimate claims

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,

durrneez posted:

sounds like a good opportunity to organize his worksite! the Central IN DSA chapter has a couple of members who work with unions so they may be a good resource if he wants to go that route.

I've been trying to convince him of this, or at least to get the workers to all send written documents to the manager that they do not feel safe until a minimum of safety measures are taken, but he says there is only one other employee who has expressed any concern about it.

And there are all in the same tough spot, no one can afford to quit.

Even the liquor stores here have mandatory masks and distancing requirements.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Ironic, as Funko is really unlikely to survive this year. Their financials have been bad for a while, and now there are no cons, no comic shops, and no impulse-buying.

could probably fill a whole a state with pops funkos.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coatlicue posted:

I've been trying to convince him of this, or at least to get the workers to all send written documents to the manager that they do not feel safe until a minimum of safety measures are taken, but he says there is only one other employee who has expressed any concern about it.

And there are all in the same tough spot, no one can afford to quit.

Even the liquor stores here have mandatory masks and distancing requirements.

is it only in Indy or do they have branches elsewhere? if branches in other cities are taking different measures that could be used as leverage

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Imagine that scene from dark knight where joker burns the big pile of money but it's all the pop funkos in the city

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

durrneez posted:

idk, can't afford an attorney, but also the relevant courts are closed here until at least july

got a letter 2 days after they called me to make changes (and they didn't, no idea what they changed), letting me know that my employee (me) was filing unemployment against i guess myself, the next day i got approval to claim against my most recent w-2 employer. the call instructed me not to claim against the w-2 employer and that i would have to repay the money plus penalties

i've gotten contradictory information from them the beginning (their website has contradictory information on its pages)

i don't like the idea of being indebted to the mob, so i'm inclined to pass on all of that poo poo. got a great info page on things that can revoke UI status, which include not having a car or having children

georgia sucks rear end and wants you to die

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Pie Colony posted:

how many pops funko do you own

I have a Dark Lord Dwight and Appa. That's it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

fits my needs posted:

lol lmao, just go read yospos brah.

I'm well aware that computers touchers make a lot of money. What I mean is that I only thing those kind of salaries are actually justified for... neurosurgeons and poo poo

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

My birthday is tomorrow. It be a zoom for several friends. I built a Russian prostitute that pees Pinot Grigio on Trump, which I will be drinking from during the zoom.

no I am the furthest thing from depressed. could a depressed person accomplish this? look at her. no.

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,

Epic High Five posted:

is it only in Indy or do they have branches elsewhere? if branches in other cities are taking different measures that could be used as leverage

They have branches throughout the state but only in Indiana I think.

They are using the more lax state requirements to try to reopen on June 1st, rather than the stricter requirements for Marion county.

He did say that corporate office has plexiglass already. So maybe they can use that?

And they are obfuscating about the mask requirements since it could prevent them from being able to identify potential bank robbers. And compare customer's face to their id.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao who in their right minds thinks dems would got to bat for the 600? another 1200 check was only thing in the cards short term

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,

Steve Yun posted:

My birthday is tomorrow. It be a zoom for several friends. I built a Russian prostitute that pees Pinot Grigio on Trump, which I will be drinking from during the zoom.

no I am the furthest thing from depressed. could a depressed person accomplish this? look at her. no.

Did you just, have all of this in your house already?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Son of Man posted:

Imagine that scene from dark knight where joker burns the big pile of money but it's all the pop funkos in the city

excuse me the proper pluralization is pops funko

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
You should rob the bank you work for like Stanley Ipkiss

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mayor Dave posted:

I was surprised to hear during the Great Toilet Paper Panic that most of Australia's tp was made locally. With what?? The few trees we have are shaped like a duck's penis.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
steve yun sighed as they unsheathed their katana on their birthday

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mayor Dave posted:

I only buy tp made from redwoods

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

that's cool as hell, wish I could be there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

anime was right posted:

hahahaha! america sucks rear end!!!