Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Deteriorata posted:

No, nothing on the internet is real. It's all staged.

Especially kids driving forklift videos.

Yeah and we all know wrestling isn't real either

Still fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

“Like a metal ball being shot out of a cannon” is the exactly wrong simile to use there, Mr. news reader guy.

If only there was a word for a ball that is shot out of a cannon.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Catching something unexpected is amusing. Catching something that is staged and disingenuously trying to pass itself off as unexpected, is another form of amusement, particularly for folks that don't enjoy being lied to.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

glynnenstein posted:

I don't know about everything but this one is extremely obvious.

"Oh look at this kid who can do this with just one lesson, but be careful of this customer's truck right here..."

You’re just jealous that you didn’t come up with the idea for Die Jungen Staplerfahrer Klaus-Chroniken.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

5er posted:

Catching something unexpected is amusing. Catching something that is staged and disingenuously trying to pass itself off as unexpected, is another form of amusement, particularly for folks that don't enjoy being lied to.

I enjoyed watching how easy it was to pierce the sheet metal

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The kid clearly steers towards the truck on purpose and then straightens out so it's either the kid being an rear end in a top hat or it's all staged with a truck they plan on junking.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i used to roll in a "mini" front end loader with a grapple attachment, all day, erryday, and ive thought about how fun it would be to gently caress up a car with one

what actually happened once is we felled a tree with a hornets nest, and i was super determined to get the entire section into the chipper before i was stung to death. the hornets won. had to leave a giant mess in a back yard and wait for exterminator lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

glynnenstein posted:

I don't know about everything but this one is extremely obvious.

"Oh look at this kid who can do this with just one lesson, but be careful of this customer's truck right here..."

The fact that there's no camera movement from the father is the biggest give-away. Maintaining a steady perfect cell phone video shot while your kid is about to cost you a couple of grand is highly unlikely.

Meth is a hell of a drug.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah it’s a bad morning for truck fuckling in the DC metro area too.

https://twitter.com/mcfrsPIO/status/1263768310723870720?s=20

This exit sketches me out in a car going normal speed. It's got a very short run up to it then curves severely to the left. Plus people around here don't pay attention and try to get across three lanes right before the exit when they realize they are about to miss it.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Memento posted:

Speaking of

https://i.imgur.com/BSYUmIp.mp4

Has sound. Really nice touch with traffic still going over the top of the who-knows-how-compromised bridge.

From the comments, the convoy had permits to drive across West Tennessee from Arkansas, but not to drive across Central Tennessee. So they had no business being there, but thought "meh it'll be fine"

Man that reporter is a dick lmao

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Marathon? More like the triple jump.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Fallows posted:

Man that reporter is a dick lmao

What happened? Why is big truck and bridge both showing signs of impact? Care to explain what happened to our viewers?

Content:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bronze Fonz posted:

What happened? Why is big truck and bridge both showing signs of impact? Care to explain what happened to our viewers?

Because that's a loving massive truck and bridges aren't made of adamantium. It weighs 40 tons alone and the part that hit the bridge was designed to hold nearly that much weight in rocks so it's got to be a lot of thick steel representing a large chunk of that weight.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 22, 2020

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

haveblue posted:

Because that's a loving massive truck and bridges aren't made of adamantium. It weighs 40 tons alone and the part that hit the bridge was designed to hold nearly that much weight in rocks so it's got to be a lot of thick steel representing a large chunk of that weight.

(continues asking questions like a dipshit)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this unironically owns actually

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Taking "rolling coal" a little too literally.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

haveblue posted:

I.......I think you may have missed :thejoke:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

right into the posting bridge

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/SmVwqI0.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/JXGquHH.mp4

Music included if you enable sound.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

They forgot the person filming!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That all looks correct. He maintained multiple points of attachment to the pylon until after he'd hooked himself to the helicopter.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Also note the ground wire so he doesn't get zapped by heli lightning (static from the rotors+dust)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

tak posted:

Also note the ground wire so he doesn't get zapped by heli lightning (static from the rotors+dust)

Initially that was all I noticed and was about to post "the grounding wires are pulling double duty as the safety harness???"

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Bronze Fonz posted:

(continues asking questions like a dipshit)

I think the only dipshit in that situation is the guy driving a truck carrying a tall load where he shouldn't have and causing millions of dollars of damage to an overpass that will now likely take months to repair, and not the reporter who is rightfully calling him out on that, highlighting that the driver, indeed hosed up.

But I mean, that's just my read of reporter grilling the guy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

That all looks correct. He maintained multiple points of attachment to the pylon until after he'd hooked himself to the helicopter.

What happens if the chopper gets blown away by a sudden gust of wind or the pilot jerks the stick (heh) accidentally while the guy is attached to both it and the pylon?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

mobby_6kl posted:

What happens if the chopper gets blown away by a sudden gust of wind or the pilot jerks the stick (heh) accidentally while the guy is attached to both it and the pylon?

Or what happens if the pilot hits the “eject rotors” button or what happens if all the humans involved spontaneously combust or what happens if gravity suddenly inverts

Paperwork. The answer is paperwork.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
OSHA IV: it's either the kid being an rear end in a top hat or it's all staged

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

OSHA IV: what happens if gravity suddenly inverts? Paperwork

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Is that the first ever recorded instance of real life blinker fluid?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Sammus posted:

Is that the first ever recorded instance of real life blinker fluid?

No.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=432511

https://www.myturbodiesel.com/d2/1000q/multi/coolant-migration-VW-Audi.htm

For those who don't want to read, in the early 2000's VW had a really bizarre problem where engine coolant level sensor would leak, and the coolant would wick in to the car's wiring harness, usually ending up in the instrument cluster, and even pooling in the taillights.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 23, 2020

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

LloydDobler posted:

For those who don't want to read, in the early 2000's VW had a really bizarre problem where engine coolant level sensor would leak, and the coolant would wick in to the car's wiring harness, usually ending up in the instrument cluster, and even pooling in the taillights.

They still do this. I can't find it now but I was stumbling around Youtube drunk a few nights ago and came across a video of a mechanic who was getting ready to put an engine harness and TCM/PCM in a mid-2010s A7 because of coolant migration.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Cheeseman posted:

I think the only dipshit in that situation is the guy driving a truck carrying a tall load where he shouldn't have and causing millions of dollars of damage to an overpass that will now likely take months to repair, and not the reporter who is rightfully calling him out on that, highlighting that the driver, indeed hosed up.

But I mean, that's just my read of reporter grilling the guy.

The reporter knows he hosed up, he knows he hosed up, we know he hosed up. All the reporter is doing is rub the fact he hosed up in his face. Whether or not the driver should have this continuously rubbed in his face is left as an excercise for the reader.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
On the subject of truckfuckling from the previous page, our beloved bridge has struck again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrOcCXNq5c

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pickled Tink posted:

On the subject of truckfuckling from the previous page, our beloved bridge has struck again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrOcCXNq5c

Dude did not loving care. That truck doesn't slow down in the slightest with a red light in front of it or after it scrapes a bridge.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Like some kind of truckfuckling art installation.

If this doesn't become the thread title, than I've lost all faith in this forum.

e: Not really, I just really like it.

Mushika fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 23, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://i.imgur.com/dEuFFG0.mp4

this is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill