Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Ziddar posted:

Pulled off the closest possible win for Team Mayo!

I lost one with the same percentage.

Also, I experienced that if you meet a pack of players with all the same clothing you are NOT in for a fun time, at ALL.

Anyway, I'm the idiot king in yellow now. I thought it would be harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh man how I missed this music. When does this Splatfest end again?

Edit: Nevermind, I see in-game. Sunday at 3 PST.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

As per usual I hate the shifty level.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
This is the most unbalanced splatfest I have ever seen and that says something

night slime
May 14, 2014
Haven't gotten shifty station in like an hour of matches. Weird

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Splatfest is cool I love the music and the night levels. Ability to queue with friends also? It should be splatfest 24/7! Btw what's the difference between the pro and normal mode? So far all I've noticed is that you only get clout for winning a pro match. Also how does the 100x/10x matches work? I just randomly got into a 10x match (we lost miserably).

Also been trying to experiment with weapons to keep things interesting but I'm too addicted to the kensa splattershot. I'm terrible at getting in range with it, I feel like everyone can out range me with it but it feels so good when you get close enough and hold that trigger down. :blastu: I've got a pure mpu hat with it so I can bunny hop as well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Social Animal posted:

Splatfest is cool I love the music and the night levels. Ability to queue with friends also? It should be splatfest 24/7! Btw what's the difference between the pro and normal mode? So far all I've noticed is that you only get clout for winning a pro match. Also how does the 100x/10x matches work? I just randomly got into a 10x match (we lost miserably).

Also been trying to experiment with weapons to keep things interesting but I'm too addicted to the kensa splattershot. I'm terrible at getting in range with it, I feel like everyone can out range me with it but it feels so good when you get close enough and hold that trigger down. :blastu: I've got a pure mpu hat with it so I can bunny hop as well.

Pro is purely solo queue. So any team you end up with are made up of 4 randos, and that goes for the enemy team as well. While normal mode allows for players to team up.

Pro mode is the only one with enforced matchmaking, and you can see your matchmaking rating.

10x matches have a 7% chance to occur at any given point, however you can't get into one if it hasn't been more than 15 minutes since the last one. Only one 100x match occurs once every 10 minutes. Yes they are genuinely that rare. Good luck getting into one.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Lol I love the whole rave party atmosphere they're doing with the splatfest this is great.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I got my first 100x match ever last night and proceeded to lose it handily. Go Team Mayo.

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
From playing on doom over a dial up modem, till now this the best shooter game! And RIP Wiiu Krakon roller

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

:getin: Mayo is gross ketchup superiority :getin:

I missed the hell out of this game, I hope this isn’t the last one

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Has there even been any word on why they decided to bring this one back? Ever since FinalFest was announced, people have been suggesting redoing old Splatfests or something similar. Those suggestions were met with radio silence for almost a year, and then there's just this one-off redo announced out of nowhere. I appreciate having another Splatfest so, y'know, whatever, but it just seems kind of weird. Like it's creating the expectation of more without knowing if there's even the slightest bit of hope for that actually happening.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably because the pandemic disrupted a lot of Nintendo’s plans for the year so they tossed out something easy fans could get excited over.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I see you are new to the whims of old Nintendo. They move in strange and unpredictable ways that are only clear to them, we are just along for the ride.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Has there even been any word on why they decided to bring this one back? Ever since FinalFest was announced, people have been suggesting redoing old Splatfests or something similar. Those suggestions were met with radio silence for almost a year, and then there's just this one-off redo announced out of nowhere. I appreciate having another Splatfest so, y'know, whatever, but it just seems kind of weird. Like it's creating the expectation of more without knowing if there's even the slightest bit of hope for that actually happening.

My guess is splatoon team is working on something and pandemic delays means its much further off than before so here's something to get people to talk about 2 again in the meantime, and they just had a free trial week at the start of the month.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There have been some possible hints at future content, maybe Salmon based, but iirc the splatoon team is also the animal crossing team and likely are busy for a while. (also also explains why there's quite a few Splatoon references in New Leaf and New Horizons, not even counting the amiibo villagers)

night slime
May 14, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There have been some possible hints at future content, maybe Salmon based, but iirc the splatoon team is also the animal crossing team and likely are busy for a while. (also also explains why there's quite a few Splatoon references in New Leaf and New Horizons, not even counting the amiibo villagers)

What do the amiibo villagers have to do with Splatoon? Something they say when you scan?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Araxxor posted:

Pro is purely solo queue. So any team you end up with are made up of 4 randos, and that goes for the enemy team as well. While normal mode allows for players to team up.

Pro mode is the only one with enforced matchmaking, and you can see your matchmaking rating.

10x matches have a 7% chance to occur at any given point, however you can't get into one if it hasn't been more than 15 minutes since the last one. Only one 100x match occurs once every 10 minutes. Yes they are genuinely that rare. Good luck getting into one.

Thanks for the explanations. I guess I’ll stick with normal for now and enjoy some randomness (and free clout!)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got into a 100x... and we lost it for Mayo. I'm sorry fam. :negative:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Manuel Calavera posted:

I got into a 100x... and we lost it for Mayo. I'm sorry fam. :negative:

Thank you for your service.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

night slime posted:

What do the amiibo villagers have to do with Splatoon? Something they say when you scan?

New Leaf had some Splatoon themed villagers.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Every match where I'm doing incredible, slaughtering the enemy, never dying and inking 1200+... my team loses. Still, I'm having a great time playing this again.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Playing with goon groups is infinitely more fun than solo queue. That's just suffering, mismatchmaking hell (why are the teams so constantly lopsided?) and DC hell. So many of my matches there turned into 7 man lobbies. Don't solo queue kids.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

It's been real great actually being able to team up with people this time!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
KETCHUP FOR THE KETCHUP GOD :black101:

KETCHUP FOR THE KETCHUP THRONE :black101:

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Is there anyone willing to make squad with a noob for the last few hours of the splatfest? I've never used the app or friended anybody on the switch until now.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Ketchup is gunna lose this again :ghost:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Tafferling posted:

Is there anyone willing to make squad with a noob for the last few hours of the splatfest? I've never used the app or friended anybody on the switch until now.

Get to the chopper!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Aw yeah, just maxxxed out my splatfest rank on a 100x victory.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Aw yeah, just maxxxed out my splatfest rank on a 100x victory.

Better be for Team Ketchup. We need some wins.:colbert:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Better be for Team Ketchup. We need some wins.:colbert:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you want to get teams going I highly recommend joining the Nintengoons discord.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
If you're planning on jumping in the Splatfest fun, be aware now that you just missed that. It's over.

Results should be out in a couple of hours.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Good a good spree going for Team Ketchup the last 2 hours. This game is fun but I really want to get back to playing ranked now.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So much more fun with people. This splatfest has given me an urge to get back into the game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think my favorite moments are when you predict what the other player is going to do and completely murder them for it.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Social Animal posted:

So much more fun with people. This splatfest has given me an urge to get back into the game.

Join the Nintengoons discord! We run community events every other week and pickup sessions happen pretty much every day. You can find the invite link here: https://goondiscordnetwork.com

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cum Goblins got flushed.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I can't believe that according to Splatfest law, cum is now illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Al-Saqr posted: