Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

social media and reality television are blights upon the earth. stan culture too. just the loving worst.

22 years old. jesus christ, poor hana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

jesus

she was only 22

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I hate this so much.

From what little I've seen of STARDOM, Hana was a real standout. Just had it. And she could only get better and bigger.

And besides that, she was, from everything I've heard, a genuinely good person.

And she was twenty-two years old.

Joey McChrist posted:

social media and reality television are blights upon the earth. stan culture too. just the loving worst.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Goddammit. gently caress this.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 27, 2024

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I admit I’ve not followed joshi aside from laughing at them being goofy in the social media thread but this crushes me. I think I’m gonna find some of her matches to see her doing something she enjoyed. :(

I found out via Shayna being sad/disgusted by it. :(

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I attempted suicide at 22, gently caress im so happy I didn't succeed

I'm so sad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

gently caress, I'm sorry you were going through such poo poo back then :(

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I probably shouldn't have glanced at her Twitter, the last non-deleted photo is her doing a "Bury my face in my cat" thing. I've definitely done that exact thing when depression wasn't playing kind.

gently caress.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope kyona is going to be okay. hope she has a lot of support. it seems like she was the closest one who was contacted and who mobilized to try and do everything she could to stop this from happening

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Even after sleeping on it I am still crushed. This is hitting me harder than other wrestler deaths

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
drat this is just miserable. She definitely had 'It' and the sky was the limit for her. She was instantly my favorite member of Stardom's roster. Really blows.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

This is hitting me harder than other wrestler deaths

Same here. Been a huge fan of Hana for years but unlike so many other wrestler passings before their time, this wasn't for bad choices or demons or anything else earned. This was something done to someone who needed to be built up and the thought that even one wrestling fan joined in the bullying and belittling of Hana for her looks or what amounts to storyline disgusts me in a way and capacity previously unknown.

The best thing now is to hope out of this tragedy that no more tragedies occur.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Sad news all around.

gently caress creeps like James Ellsworth trying to make this about themselves. No idiot you are not being bullied you are being called on for trying to have sex with underage girls.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Arisa Hoshiki has been using her musician account to absolutely blast the people who have been doing that poo poo to her, calling out accounts, demanding they respond, asking how many more times she needs to call the police, etc.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The ChocoPro show was pretty cathartic. I'm glad that Asuka is holding up okay. Her speech about Hana at the end made me cry.

What did Asuka say? The show did make me feel slightly better but I was choked up all the way thru.

I would like to believe that this tragedy leads to some kind of a change. It probably won't and it's disgusting.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm so sad

I'm glad you're still here.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Punch McLightning posted:

I'm glad you're still here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dangerous Person posted:

Even after sleeping on it I am still crushed. This is hitting me harder than other wrestler deaths

She was so loving young. I think that's why I've just felt horrendously hollow all day. Every single thing I've seen from wrestlers & fans who'd interacted with Hana just made her seem like an incredibly nice young woman. Had her whole life in front of her and she's been robbed of it and it's absolutely horrendous to think about.

Brody King had a short twitter thread about his interactions with her

https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1264087697737437185?s=20
https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1264087963744432128?s=20
https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1264099578745221120?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The way she carried herself, I thought she was closer to 30. This is def gonna be a get high as poo poo and be weird on the internet self care day.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1264296049100939264

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Her mom found her, and it was Hydrogen Sulfide. This is a very popular way for people to commit suicide in Japan.

Just sad. Poor Hana.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2020/05/24/kiji/20200524s00041000022000c.html

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress everything

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What were people bullying her for? Useless fucks.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Getting the heel edit on a japanese reality show

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Neodoomium posted:

Getting the heel edit on a japanese reality show

loving seriously? Jesus Christ.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I think at some point as a society we need to look at the harm that reality TV has on its "stars". Hana is sadly far from the first to have killed themselves after being in a reality show. There was an article last year in a UK paper that there'd been at least 38 reality show contestants/stars around the globe who've killed themselves in the last 15 or so years. It shouldn't happen. At the bare minimum there should be much more mental health support for the people involved.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really don’t know any of you that well outside of here but I just want to say that my PMs are open to any of you if you’re having a lovely day and you need a friend.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The "reality" term seems to really trick people. Granted, there are still tons and tons of dumbass wrestling fans who tweet hateful poo poo at someone for what they're character is doing, but boy do a bunch of people not understand how reality TV is filmed, edited, and released.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SamuraiFoochs posted:

loving seriously? Jesus Christ.

Someone posted a good synopsis in one of the threads, but it was something like "housemate does laundry, doesn't notice Hana's gear that has sentimental value to her is in the machine, gear gets shrunk. Hana goes off on the housemate who doesn't seem to care, knocks a hat off his head". Just inane loving stuff.

That spoilered bit broke me again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Getting paid to act it up on television is valid labor.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
She was also mixed-heritage so there was a heavy dose of xenophobia at play here

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Neodoomium posted:

Her mom found her, and it was Hydrogen Sulfide. This is a very popular way for people to commit suicide in Japan.

Just sad. Poor Hana.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2020/05/24/kiji/20200524s00041000022000c.html

I can't believe this managed to get worse

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Just sad. Poor Hana.

oh my god what an absolute nightmare

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The "gorilla" comments continue to infuriate me because on top of it being likely racist in intent, it directly plays on an insecurity she was discussing on that show with JunKyo and Konami about being muscular and broad-shouldered and how she was afraid guys wouldn't like her for that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still blows my mind that Stardom put her on the show partly to get her over as a mainstream celebrity and then the producers gave her a villain edit. The gently caress were they thinking?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

J-Ro posted:

Someone posted a good synopsis in one of the threads, but it was something like "housemate does laundry, doesn't notice Hana's gear that has sentimental value to her is in the machine, gear gets shrunk. Hana goes off on the housemate who doesn't seem to care, knocks a hat off his head". Just inane loving stuff.

That spoilered bit broke me again.

So Hana committed suicide because she was cyber-bullied over a situation where she was CLEARLY IN THE RIGHT, AND DID NOTHING WRONG, AFTER SOME RANDOM DICKHEAD RUINED AN IMPORTANT PERSONAL ITEM. And also racism.

Just loving swell. I hate everything.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I feel so much for the people in her life that are going to feel this lose for years. It's awful and it lingers.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/hinanchu_twtr/status/1264305499207372800

a bit of good news - Hana's cat is safe; its in the Stardom dojo now and is being looked after there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

J-Ro posted:

What did Asuka say? The show did make me feel slightly better but I was choked up all the way thru.

I would like to believe that this tragedy leads to some kind of a change. It probably won't and it's disgusting.

Rough translation from memory - "Hana, you were my best friend, my only friend. You made the wrong choice but don't worry because Hana Kimura and FloÜrish will live on through me. Please keep watching me"

Emi tweeted out that when they made a call to check up on Asuka in the morning she answered the phone by saying "I'm doing the match".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone be asuka's friend