Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Votecount for Day 2

Sandwolf (1): xopods

Not Voting (6): Chic Trombone, dmboogie, flerp, Maigius, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 24th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 53 minutes.

:toxx::toxx::toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

we dont have much time to dilly-dally-shilly-shally

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

dmboogie posted:

we dont have much time to dilly-dally-shilly-shally

Man, dmboogie, you keep stressing the time constraints, but you don't seem to provide any insight. Are you hoping for a quick vote or something?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

poking thread with stick easy

having brain hard

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

small games are wild because i keep thinking like 'hold on someone hasn't posted this day phase right, im going to call them out' but it turns out everyone still alive has checked in a decent amount there's just only six other people left...

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

newbies are hard to read but maigius seems genuine

strong townread on xopods for having literally the only vote cast on anyone this entire phase

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i know im not inventing the bus right now but yeah it's been pretty loving quiet hasn't it

some of us are dealing with real life poo poo and i don't fault them for that but where does that leave the rest of us, huh

inactivity helps scum and so do no-lunches so why would anyone bother to place a second vote on anyone, anywhere, it's not like you're even standing out from the crowd right now by not voting it just means you aren't xopods

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

are we all just tired

'cause, like, mood

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

not really sure i Get this take

It's because I tried to explain both a take and the reversal of said take in as few words as possible and realized afterwards that I'd left out some logical steps if you haven't followed my previous posting. Lemme try again.

The First Impression

1) Sandwolf is scummy for saying he wants to switch one hour before deadline, but then never coming back
2) Maigius is scummy for dropping the hammer with five minutes left, while there's still discussion going on and people who potentially want to switch
3) These actions are scummy because the person seemed to want to keep the vote on NLK instead of allowing the possibility of a switch to flerp or Hum
4) That motivation really only makes sense if flerp (or less likely, Hum) is Scum
5) Therefore, (1) and (2) can't both be correct
6) It must be either Sandwolf or Maigius PLUS either Flerp or Hum

The Reconsideration

1) What if Sandwolf is telling the truth about simply getting distracted by video games?
2) Forgetting about something like a Mafia deadline over a longer period of time is easy. E.g. it happens all the time that people note the deadline in the morning, work all day, and forget about it in the evening.
3) Forgetting about something in the span of an hour is harder, but still happens especially when the thing in question is uninteresting to the person.
4) Sandwolf claimed to have a preference about the lunch, specifically a preference for not lunching the person he'd voted for, and switching if that became possible.
5) That indicates a certain amount of investment in the deadline decision and a belief that the choice between NLK or [flerp/hum] matters. That seems to be contradicted by the fact that he then left the thread and immediately forgot about it.
6) It's hard to believe simultaneously that he cared at all about the lunch outcome and that he forgot about deadline when he was there just one hour before.
7) If he was that uninterested in the decision, the most likely explanation is that he's Scum and our decision was in fact a choice between two Townies, which would make Flerp Town

Conclusion

I previously believed that a Sandwolf or Maigius Scum flip would make Flerp look bad due to their attempt to keep the vote on NLK. I later realized that the opposite was true with Sandwolf, at least if he actually did miss deadline by mistake.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh I kind of forgot about this game lol, my bad

I need to limit myself to one game at a time

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote humalong

hubris tax

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I still have lingering doubts on flerp, Thursday night was honestly a hard choice for me I'll put my money where my mouth is. ## vote flerp

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Flerp, who do you think is scum?

Maigius, who do you think is scum?

Chic, who do you think is scum?

Hum, who do you think is scum?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Other than flerp, you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maigius posted:

Other than flerp, you.

Okay, why me!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

boogie is probably my biggest read atm

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
for reasons, see my prior post and their most recent 5 or so posts where they said a lot of words, none of which was scum hunting. just an attempt to look active

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

8 hours til deadline, 10pm EST btw

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
xopods im wary of, but im not rly sure of. i feel like his sandwolf case is forced but idk if thats town just trying to do something on the little thats available or scum trying to push an easy narrative.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flerp posted:

xopods im wary of, but im not rly sure of. i feel like his sandwolf case is forced but idk if thats town just trying to do something on the little thats available or scum trying to push an easy narrative.

wow this is nearly verbatim how I feel about it

Like he’s trying to make a case against me work, predicated on me actually remembering deadline but avoiding it, but even then under scrutiny it fails.

But it’s “trying” enough that I won’t vote xopods today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My picks would be flerp for coming in after hammer with the “oh I forgot to remove my joke vote” combined with my feelings on them day 1

Chic is another suspect. They were also around near deadline while Sandwolf was lamenting people not being around, dropped a vote and disappeared.

Dark horse pick would be xopods adopting the strategy of being vocal and effort posting as scum, but I don’t quite feel it yet.

Also boogie for voting me.

Going to ##vote flerp for now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I lean town on Sandwolf for now.
Neutral on magius and boogie so far.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

And now I realize there’s only seven people left in this game. Time to reread!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maigius posted:

I still have lingering doubts on flerp, Thursday night was honestly a hard choice for me I'll put my money where my mouth is. ## vote flerp

##unvote completely glazed over this post

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maigius posted:

Other than flerp, you.

Ok why flerp and Sandwolf? Flerp I can understand but I have a hard time seeing Sandy as scum this game

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

gonna be v honest, i've got big family bullshit going on and haven't really been able to devote much brainspace to this since the day reopened

i see that deadline is tonight & will try to carve out some energy and time for it

shooting for the hip i don't feel great about xopods but i can't quantify it

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

flerp posted:

for reasons, see my prior post and their most recent 5 or so posts where they said a lot of words, none of which was scum hunting. just an attempt to look active

it was 4am what are you a cop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

dmboogie posted:

Nice rolefish scummo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dmboogie posted:

and? all uve done d2 is either lightly defend people, or post "deadline is coming up" and other non-posts, with no attempt to scumhunt

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

wow this is nearly verbatim how I feel about it

Like he’s trying to make a case against me work, predicated on me actually remembering deadline but avoiding it, but even then under scrutiny it fails.

My current case is not predicated on you remembering deadline but forgetting about it.

I believe that you forgot about it, but I think that in order to forget about it that quickly when you were there just an hour before, you would have to be indifferent about it, which to me indicates a scumbo who knows he and his buddies are safe for the day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

okay so the fact the case is predicated on wrong was incorrect but the underlying assumption is still based off the “forgetting”

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

okay so the fact the case is predicated on wrong was incorrect but the underlying assumption is still based off the “forgetting”

Why are you putting "forgetting" in quotation marks? That's literally your own claim, that you started playing video games and forgot that you had, minutes earlier, posted to this game you're playing to say that you wanted to switch if it was possible to do so.

Like, why as town would you say that you weren't feeling great about the current vote leader and that you'd like to lunch someone else, but then immediately go do something else instead of sticking around to see if anyone else wants to do the thing you just said you want to do?

I mean, I realize that I sometimes get false positive reads on people because they just don't care as much about trying to win the game as I do... but jesus, you were there just an hour before deadline.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

it is possible to forget things for absolutely no reason even if it's something that you're invested in

not feeling xopod's sandwolf case in any shape or form

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Alright, well, no one likes my cases. Why doesn't someone else make an argument for the people they want?

Like, Sand... you've got Boogie as your scummiest of scumbos, but he's also pretty much the one person you've never engaged with and you haven't said why you think he's scummy.

Boogie, you've made a few Town calls, but you do you think is scum? I'm not sure "hubris tax" qualifies as a case, but if you think it does could you elaborate?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

xopods posted:

Boogie, you've made a few Town calls, but you do you think is scum? I'm not sure "hubris tax" qualifies as a case, but if you think it does could you elaborate?

yeah that wasnt a case that was just a philosophical punishment for humalong spreading himself too thin

im just floundering because at the moment i dont have any hard scum reads, i was hoping thered be more stuff going on so my scumdar would actually have time to ping but i guess ill reread the handful of pages we have

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

tbh a Sunday deadline on a holiday weekend is pretty awkward

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

memorial day, more like, what are days anymore

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote flerp

this isn't an omgus because you aren't voting for your biggest scumread less than four hours away from deadline, ive hacked the gibson

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I feel like not only are Town apathetic right now, Scum are too. Which means we're probably barking up the wrong trees again. If there was even a little momentum brewing for a scumbo this close to deadline, I feel like the other Scum would be motivated to dissuade us.

One possibility is it's Sandwolf/dmboogie who just feel like my Sandwolf case is too lovely to get much traction if they just dismiss it out of hand. Which they're probably right about.

However, another part of me kinda wants to vote Chic Trombone as the only person who's neither voting anyone nor being voted for right now, cause that would also fit with my impression that Scum are doing nothing right now because they don't feel they have to in order for us to stumble our way to an apathy mislunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dmboogie posted:

##vote flerp

this isn't an omgus because you aren't voting for your biggest scumread less than four hours away from deadline, ive hacked the gibson

this is the best u could do???