Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Highwire posted:

My theory is that Voodoo generated content and cred for himself with his constant hectoring of lurking players, including focusing on Pander - it creates an antagonistic relationship between them which is conducive to future bussing if required. However, Voodoo's Lurker Hammer really cemented it for me; after pulling the trigger on the vote leader rather than Pander (and there are other players with similarly low post counts), reseting the vote count before the deadline, and taking everything off the board, then running a train on Jammy.

The entire thing was a patently anti-town series of events; Voodoo could have hammered Pander and we could have lynched Spoonsy and I think we might have been far more pleased with that outcome.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I don't know I feel like it's definitely a back pocket role if you're scum, not blasting it off day one. Especially since you could use a bit sneakier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

CCKeane posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I don't know I feel like it's definitely a back pocket role if you're scum, not blasting it off day one. Especially since you could use a bit sneakier.

not to mention it would be super easy to coordinate and tell your scumbuds "hey i have a lurker vig so post a lot, my buckos"

no need to make a scene in the thread

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dhaes posted:

not to mention it would be super easy to coordinate and tell your scumbuds "hey i have a lurker vig so post a lot, my buckos"

no need to make a scene in the thread

Yeah, I think that's where I am.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Dhaes posted:

b-minus1 posted:

Dhaes posted:

man i bet chili is town. i remember like three games where town chili was slightly antagonistic and drew early heat and ended up being the first day lynch and flipping town.

most of that stuff is old dusty memories but i'm pretty sure that i'm right
Scumppst
make a case then, lets hear your thought process instead of baseless accusations
note that b-1 never followed up with this

i think im gonna be tonight's kill, high in the draft order + i'm nailing the scum team :chord:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I think I’m not being clear. I wasn’t sure I was going to use my power day 1. I was checking postcounts off and on.

Then I saw spoonsy, the person I was voting, was sitting right above pander. I was yelling at pander to post because I wanted to vig spoonsy. Treat it as an actual big shot and not just a lurker shot.

If spoonsy starts posting and pander was posting might have held off.

DY: I don’t know what to tell you about my role that you would believe. My PM doesn’t tell me votes are reset. If I had known that the night before I might have played it differently.

I also didn’t know merk would post my role or I would have just come clean earlier. I wanted to keep some mystery so I could bluff the threat of more kills to the scum team.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Highwire posted:

My theory is that Voodoo generated content and cred for himself with his constant hectoring of lurking players, including focusing on Pander - it creates an antagonistic relationship between them which is conducive to future bussing if required. However, Voodoo's Lurker Hammer really cemented it for me; after pulling the trigger on the vote leader rather than Pander (and there are other players with similarly low post counts), reseting the vote count before the deadline, and taking everything off the board, then running a train on Jammy.

The entire thing was a patently anti-town series of events; Voodoo could have hammered Pander and we could have lynched Spoonsy and I think we might have been far more pleased with that outcome.

Where did I run a train on jammy? I wanted to vote Chili. I wanted to big spoonsy and vote Chili which was the whole reason to get pander to 12 posts before spoonsy posted again

You can look and see the two people I wanted were spoonsy and Chili well before I realized spoonsy might be eligible for the kill.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...
The safest time to use the Voodoofly power as scum is on Day 1 when you know its not going to hit a member of your team.

Here's some interesting information to corroborate my theory:-

The Voodoofly power can only be used on the player with the lowest in-game vote count.

Lets look at the post counts of Spoonsy and Pander from the start of the game, shall we?

So, Voodoo hectors Pander because if he Gavels him its game over, and then AS SOON as Pander gets 1 post over Spoonsy, making Spoonsy the lowest vote count player, Voodoo gavels him.

Voodood is scum, Pander is scum.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

dy. posted:

Killing a townie and forcing a no-lynch isn't really worth a big gambit: the scum were already well on their way to getting a townie (Spoonsy) lunched without the need for a big gambit. That would have numerically put them in the position that you're proposing without the risk of the gavel.

You don't think it was worth it? We're behind two townies - likely three, once night actions are all said and done - which put the scum at a big numerical advantage going into day 2. Pander and Voodoo both look kind of bad as a result, but perhaps they figured they could talk their way out of it...

dy. posted:

The way Voodoo played it, immediately on Day 1, and before anyone really has the chance to even be a lurker, doesn't make a lot of sense.

...and thinking about it some more, I think this is the reason why they tried the gambit out. By using his power so early, Voodoo can lean hard on his disdain for lurkers to excuse his actions, even going on what appears to be a late night posting binge about it. By playing up this fake rationale to vig the lurker that he wanted to die, he's trying to dismiss his actions as sloppy, and also leaning against a misunderstanding about his role's mechanics to further cloud his real motivation.

I'm not buying that it's just sloppy town play.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Highwire posted:

The safest time to use the Voodoofly power as scum is on Day 1 when you know its not going to hit a member of your team.

Here's some interesting information to corroborate my theory:-

The Voodoofly power can only be used on the player with the lowest in-game vote count.

Lets look at the post counts of Spoonsy and Pander from the start of the game, shall we?

So, Voodoo hectors Pander because if he Gavels him its game over, and then AS SOON as Pander gets 1 post over Spoonsy, making Spoonsy the lowest vote count player, Voodoo gavels him.

Voodood is scum, Pander is scum.

i get what you're saying dude, i really do

but your logic fuckin sucks

tell me why he would badger pander in the thread instead of the scumdoc or whatever they are using

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also if pander is scum I just shoot jammy yesterday and go “gently caress yeah die lurkers die” because jammy was the lowest player for a while.

I wanted to vig spoonsy for the same reason I wanted to vote him. I was wrong. I have no clue if pander is scum I just thought spoonsy s posts were scummy, at least as good as you can find day 1. As cidrick pointed out he was the vote leader so I wasn’t alone thinking that.

I was hoping we could all then vote Chili after.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Dhaes posted:

tell me why he would badger pander in the thread instead of the scumdoc or whatever they are using

Yeah... I honestly don't have a good answer to this, short of "for funsies" or "the scum aren't communicating at all".

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

here is my thought process:

if i was a scum with the role of voodoofly:

Dhaes as scum in the scum doc posted:

sup buckos i have a lurker lynch so post a lot and ill kill whoever is at the bottom of the post count it'll be sweet

my scumbuds posted:

oh thats cool ill make sure i post a lot, even if i suck frosted butts im still going to check the scumdoc at least once and i see that you've said this

scum team posted:

lol this will be sweet lets go get some malted chocolate shakes and celebrate how awesome we are for using even the slightest bit of coordination also we're bad and evil

highwires conspiracy theory is dumb

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dhaes posted:

merk: is night going to be over once you get all actions or do we have a set time for day 2 to start

Once I get all actions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I did string give voodoofly his role. The votes resetting but day continuing thing came today rather than in his initial PM.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

PANDER POST POST POST POST POST POST

LIKE TEN I A ROW, RIGHT NOW, POST

For what its worth this is when I discovered that my kill resets votes. 6:21am.

I decided I would give pander until 7:00am, three hours from deadline, to start posting. I might have killed him if he didn't or might have held the kill, not really sure.

He started posting at before 7:00.

Probably not going talk about it more because I don't think my kill makes me town or anything, but I think people are looking at it very wrong. This was all about realizing I could kill spoonsy, the person I was voting, and then vote someone else I found scummy, if Pander would just loving post like 8 more posts.

Highwire: I'm almost offended you think I didn't kill Spoonsy the minute I could. I drat well knew the post-count the entire morning, and that Pander and Spoonsy both made 2 posts before day 1 started so I could rely on the postcount total. It was just hitting F5 nonstop once Pander showed up until he finally made his whopping 8 posts that he needed to pass Spoonsy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

For what its worth this is when I discovered that my kill resets votes. 6:21am.

I decided I would give pander until 7:00am, three hours from deadline, to start posting. I might have killed him if he didn't or might have held the kill, not really sure.

He started posting at before 7:00.

Probably not going talk about it more because I don't think my kill makes me town or anything, but I think people are looking at it very wrong. This was all about realizing I could kill spoonsy, the person I was voting, and then vote someone else I found scummy, if Pander would just loving post like 8 more posts.

Highwire: I'm almost offended you think I didn't kill Spoonsy the minute I could. I drat well knew the post-count the entire morning, and that Pander and Spoonsy both made 2 posts before day 1 started so I could rely on the postcount total. It was just hitting F5 nonstop once Pander showed up until he finally made his whopping 8 posts that he needed to pass Spoonsy.

If that didn't offend Voodoofly, what will?!

Personally I'm thinking pointing out that his local burrito place MAKES BAD BURRITOS.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cidrick posted:

You don't think it was worth it? We're behind two townies - likely three, once night actions are all said and done - which put the scum at a big numerical advantage going into day 2. Pander and Voodoo both look kind of bad as a result, but perhaps they figured they could talk their way out of it...

How does getting two lunches hurt the town? You can't count on the vig (or me) being town. Any extra shots the town has to vote a player out, even on day 1, helps. Trying to kill Spoonsy was trying to give us an extra shot on Day 1 because even if someone else gets excuted, and he doesn't show up anyway, we just talk about him all over again Day 2 and don't move on.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

If that didn't offend Voodoofly, what will?!

Personally I'm thinking pointing out that his local burrito place MAKES BAD BURRITOS.

I live in San Francisco a few blocks out of the Mission. I have a hundred local spots that make decent to great burritos. They just cost twice what a good burrito should cost and I was always more of a taco person anyway coming from Los Angeles.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

I live in San Francisco a few blocks out of the Mission. I have a hundred local spots that make decent to great burritos. They just cost twice what a good burrito should cost and I was always more of a taco person anyway coming from Los Angeles.

California has five baseball teams and only one of them is any good.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

That team is the Modesto Nuts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

My mom named me thinking A.J. Thompson would be a great third baseman's name. I've played half an inning, tops, of organized baseball.

Keep trying.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I went to California once for a dental convention and let me tell you: The Dental Appliance Industry of California is VERY SLOW MOVING on getting business done.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Highwire, Town, Cop has been killed.

Day 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (10): b-minus1, CCKeane, Chili, Cidrick, Dhaes, dy., Hal Incandenza, Pander, Voodoofly, wins32767

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 27th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

well i am just shocked

i dont suppose a watcher saw him get killed?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Jeeze

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

chilli hal b-1, good with those 3

##vote chili

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm sad that Highwire is dead, I was excited to play with him.

Now that he can't respond in thread, I would like to tell the true story that I went to the UK and asked if he wanted to meet up and he said he'd rather throw up than be in my presence, it was very rude.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dhaes posted:

chilli hal b-1, good with those 3

##vote chili

Sorry, I’m not scum.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

actually this is my preferred ##vote b-1

worst nothing post history is the history of mafia <-- coming from king shitpost

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Sorry, I’m not scum.

fuckin do something then, convince me otherwise

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

This is really going very poorly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

THE DOCTOR'S SCUM I'M CALLING IT.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CCKeane posted:

THE DOCTOR'S SCUM I'M CALLING IT.

No joke. I almost made this post but decided it would go over poorly

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

No joke. I almost made this post but decided it would go over poorly

gently caress IT I'M GOING FOR IT.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Mainly because of this post

Dhaes posted:

well i am just shocked

i dont suppose a watcher saw him get killed?

Something about this post pings me. It’s like he already is aware that a watcher has no result that would implicate scum in the night kill

High wire clearly knew he had a target on his back so it is a little odd that he didn’t get any protection.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes thats just wrong

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Mainly because of this post

Something about this post pings me. It’s like he already is aware that a watcher has no result that would implicate scum in the night kill

High wire clearly knew he had a target on his back so it is a little odd that he didn’t get any protection.

really? this is omgus af

tell me this: why wouldnt be in the town's best interest for a watcher that saw him get killed to spill it?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Dhaes thats just wrong

you too buddy, do something. show dont tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

gently caress it imma case you up