Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BexGu posted:

(or maybe even skill cosmetics)

that'd get me to buy it, so I both hope Massive listens to you and doesn't listen to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Isn’t the paid track the one with the cosmetics etc?

If by cosmetics you mean keys that get me like 90% duplicates when I only have 40/100 of a set, yeah lol

They really need to just make keys give you something new each time until you have all 100 in the current rotation. At least they added the currency that you can buy some of the stuff with when you get tons of duplicates.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Or get a little of the currency for doing a daily or weekly thing, hell even make it random.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So, uh, how am I supposed to kill Saturn if all the NYC control points are allied? Like, they’re yellow diamonds on the map, but I can fast travel and they’re controlled by friendlies.

Welp.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Devlan Mud posted:

So, uh, how am I supposed to kill Saturn if all the NYC control points are allied? Like, they’re yellow diamonds on the map, but I can fast travel and they’re controlled by friendlies.

Welp.

You can reset the control points in the map

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Devlan Mud posted:

Welp.

I believe changing the world difficulty will reset the control points.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Kibayasu posted:

I believe changing the world difficulty will reset the control points.

They pulled that option out. You can reset all control points to hostile without needing to change difficulties.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tesla Was Robbed posted:

They pulled that option out. You can reset all control points to hostile without needing to change difficulties.

This is true but changing world difficulties also still resets everything.

Also if, say, you want DC to stay friendly and only reset NYC, doing the deed in the NYC map will leave DC control points alone and vice versa.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just started new York, is there any reason i need to keep my level 30 yellows/mods once i hit 40? Or should i just trash them

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

vyst posted:

Just started new York, is there any reason i need to keep my level 30 yellows/mods once i hit 40? Or should i just trash them

Gear items and weapons should be trashed. While you're levelling it may be useful to keep old items but the base weapon damage and gear armor scale up by large amounts that a mediocre roll at level 34 or level 35 should be outpacing an excellent level 30 roll.

Mods don't scale as much from level 30 to 40. A really well rolled level 30 mod is about 80% quality of a level 40 mod. If you need to fill the gaps in your build, level 30 mods work until you get an upgrade at level 40.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

vyst posted:

You’ll eventually find better versions but offensive/defensive/utility/skill mods all have a fairly limited pool of attributes now so you might as well keep something until you find another with a better number.

You’ll only ever be able to mount 3 armor mods at once so there’s no reason to keep more than 3 of each attribute.

Skill mods have no requirements so you should only keep the highest value one for the mod slot.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thanks! I keep forgetting i have a stash too to store stuff so that will help

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
keep your exotics since you can upgrade them if you have any

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Clarification needed. Crit mods attached to your weapons don’t appear to contribute to the stats on the sheet, so am I correct in thinking if my stat tab says I have (for example) 55% crit chance, I only need one 5% mod on a weapon to max the stat? The rest can be CHD?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

They should show up on that stat screen. You might be looking at the wrong weapon. If you’re on PC you hold G to switch which weapons’ stats are being displayed. It cycles through slot 1/slot2/pistol/special.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Will switching world difficulty reset my manhunt progress?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

So does anyone solo this game anymore? Anything in TU10 look like it'll make things easier for a solo player?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yes to both

TU9 already did a lot in that direction

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I solo plenty of everything except DZ because lol PVP and Legendary missions because lol Legendary. Don’t care what they say about scaling Legendary is a group thing only.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I remember in Div 1 people kept proudly talking about their hour+ solo clears of legendary napalm and I'm just like what is wrong with you

I have yet to see a reason to change that position. Sure, they might find that a fun and good challenge, but I sure can't imagine doing it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Soloing felt really annoying between the release of WoNY and this last title update/patch. Sort of having fun again :kiddo:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Legendary missions in Div 1, at least near the end, guaranteed an exotic drop, two if you did them flawlessly and killed the hunter, so there was a good reason to try and do them even solo. But in Div2 at the moment you get basically the same loot but at a slower pace because everything’s harder with a small chance for a unique exotic.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, in TU10 they will tune up legendary drops and give a guaranteed weekly exotic cache from legendary clears. So it's a step in the right direction

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

Legendary missions in Div 1, at least near the end, guaranteed an exotic drop, two if you did them flawlessly and killed the hunter, so there was a good reason to try and do them even solo. But in Div2 at the moment you get basically the same loot but at a slower pace because everything’s harder with a small chance for a unique exotic.

Sure, but if you matchmake you could grind through all seven or however many legendaries in the time it took a solo player to do like, two.

You're right that there were guaranteed exotic drops late in the game's lifespan, but these kind of posts predated that so it only explains half of them :v:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Psion posted:

that'd get me to buy it, so I both hope Massive listens to you and doesn't listen to you

I do kind of wonder why Massive abandoned adding the extra skill variety add ons. The edition after gold def had a couple in there and the skill still have the slot for it

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

alphabettitouretti posted:

Will switching world difficulty reset my manhunt progress?

Nope. This was patched out I think the same time they added in control point resets. You can freely change difficulty and it no longer wipes your manhunt progress. It also means you can group up with your friends regardless of their difficulty and no longer take penalties/lose manhunt progress.

Why it was even a thing is :psyduck:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I did my fair share of soloing with my Tactician set in div1. It was more of a "let's see if I have enough patience" than really something actually efficient.

There's a guy that has been soloing legendary stuff with a heavily tweaked strikers build in div1 taking less time than a decent 4 man group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNVA3lQRTrc

This is a week old video and is just insane how fast he kills.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Kibayasu posted:

I solo plenty of everything except DZ because lol PVP and Legendary missions because lol Legendary. Don’t care what they say about scaling Legendary is a group thing only.

There’s a guy on youtube did solo legendary DUA in just under 5 hours, aint nobody got time for that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Difficulty does seem about right for a solo player now in my opinion - I'm getting challenged without getting frustrated constantly by cheap bullshit so that's a plus.

I liked the final mission in the manhunt a lot and how they were able to re-purpose a mission but still make it feel different in ways. Hopefully future manhunt bosses will be more like that and less like "here's a generic bounty enemy with a different name, go kill them"

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Guillermus posted:

There's a guy that has been soloing legendary stuff with a heavily tweaked strikers build in div1 taking less time than a decent 4 man group.

This is a week old video and is just insane how fast he kills.

I'll never even be able to pretend I'm that good at a video game!

I assume that the suicide mid-run was to get a new load of ammo?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Locator posted:

No looks like he killed himself to skip the hunter fight. It's buried in the comments.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Kibayasu posted:

You’ll eventually find better versions but offensive/defensive/utility/skill mods all have a fairly limited pool of attributes now so you might as well keep something until you find another with a better number.

You’ll only ever be able to mount 3 armor mods at once so there’s no reason to keep more than 3 of each attribute.

Skill mods have no requirements so you should only keep the highest value one for the mod slot.

Have they said anything about gear/skill mods? Making them like weapon mods in that you don't need to store them? Or making the sorting better? It's a pain in the rear end to go through them, especially the skills that have a lot of different types of mods.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Have they said anything about gear/skill mods? Making them like weapon mods in that you don't need to store them? Or making the sorting better? It's a pain in the rear end to go through them, especially the skills that have a lot of different types of mods.

Not to my knowledge. Considering that they considered skill mods were so superfluous that they left the spec tree mods completely broken for weeks I think they are at the bottom of whatever priority list exists.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
This Guardian Event so far is the only Season event I've actually liked. Sucks it only around for a limited time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hunter fights were really funny in Div 1 on Legendary. The ballistic shield had a zillion HP with a full set of confidential frontline, to the point I could facetank basically a platoon of elites even without healing. Hunter melee took off something like 1/8th of my shield's HP every time he hit it, which would kill any regular player 10 times over because hunters know the Hokuto Shinken apparently.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

BexGu posted:

This Guardian Event so far is the only Season event I've actually liked. Sucks it only around for a limited time.

I had no idea what it was before enabling it. Had to restart a mission because in the final battle the guardian was a boss behind a locked door and I couldn't kill any of the mooks to get him to come out :/

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’ve learned my lesson with these, so I’m waiting till Friday to start it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Locator posted:

VVVVV

UnknownMercenary posted:

No looks like he killed himself to skip the hunter fight. It's buried in the comments.

It's both to skip the hunter (only shows if you don't wipe before the last encounter) and to reset the enemies bellow. All my "speedruns" were for farming purposes so we went for the hunter that with the 4 player scaling takes so loving long to kill even with 3 strong DPS builds.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Jose Oquendo posted:

I’ve been trashing mods from the equip screen. Way easier to figure out what is taking what slot when you can see it. I run about 40-50 mods now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This event was not well thought through when it comes to the open world. It is becoming an all too common occurrence that the guardian is some guy that just fucks off behind some box somewhere while a now invincible rusher enemy charges at me and I can’t do anything about it. It works better in missions since there’s less space but you still get times where the guardian will put themselves in a position that is impossible to get to without trying to get past more than a few invincible enemies.