Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I think you could have had a funny spot near the end where Sami was cornered, where he'd try to dart down a hall and see the horse standing there blocking his path. It wouldn't be any kind of stunt or risk, but would have been very enjoyable IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I saw some comments hoping for the video game reveal instead of the action figure commercial last night, and now that they’ve announced Fyter Fest, I gotta imagine that’s where that announcement is coming (or was going to come if COVID has significantly derailed development).

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

GrimGypsy posted:

I think you could have had a funny spot near the end where Sami was cornered, where he'd try to dart down a hall and see the horse standing there blocking his path. It wouldn't be any kind of stunt or risk, but would have been very enjoyable IMO

*pauses* *skanks in other direction*

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I missed a lot of Cage in LU and IMPACT, but some of his matches in PWG were incredible and I highly recommend peeping some of those out for those who haven't. Dude brought such a good energy to his matches. Blew my mind seeing a guy that huge work so fast.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Zombie Lemur posted:

Yeah, I grew up in the country with lots of farmland around, seeing horses up close might change their perspective. They're nothing to gently caress around with. You also touched on something that I left out of my initial post, which was the potential of the horse also getting hurt. There are so many ways it could have gone wrong. It's like they think a horse would work the same as the golf cart and it will always stop or behave exactly the way you' want it to.

I'm not sure if your original post was referring to my post back in the Dynamite discussion thread saying that one day I wanted to see Hangman lariat someone from the back of a horse, but I definitely understand how dangerous horses can be. I haven't ridden them a ton, but often enough that whenever I try to count I keep remembering other instances, my first girlfriend was a horse girl who lived on a property with a giant old gelding and a mare, I knew someone that got kicked in the head as a small child by a horse and had permanent developmental problems because of the brain trauma (something something don't sign your posts). I still want to see it, but I fully understand that requires A) no audience to risk spooking the horse, B) a horse trained for stunts, and C) Hangman practicing a hell of a lot so he can lean way to the side without pulling the horse to the side so there's no risk of someone getting knocked down and under the horse.

I would also accept him clotheslining someone with a kendo stick from horseback, although that's more knight poo poo than cowboy poo poo.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

Realizing the final score for that game was 3-0 only cause of that field goal Nick kicked since the northern lights TD didn't count.

Excessive Celebration would be enforced on the kickoff so it still count!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

PASS THE MASH posted:

Excessive Celebration would be enforced on the kickoff so it still count!

9-0

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm not sure if your original post was referring to my post back in the Dynamite discussion thread saying that one day I wanted to see Hangman lariat someone from the back of a horse, but I definitely understand how dangerous horses can be. I haven't ridden them a ton, but often enough that whenever I try to count I keep remembering other instances, my first girlfriend was a horse girl who lived on a property with a giant old gelding and a mare, I knew someone that got kicked in the head as a small child by a horse and had permanent developmental problems because of the brain trauma (something something don't sign your posts). I still want to see it, but I fully understand that requires A) no audience to risk spooking the horse, B) a horse trained for stunts, and C) Hangman practicing a hell of a lot so he can lean way to the side without pulling the horse to the side so there's no risk of someone getting knocked down and under the horse.

I would also accept him clotheslining someone with a kendo stick from horseback, although that's more knight poo poo than cowboy poo poo.

Nah, I'd just seen some people on twitter and couple of youtube recaps bring it up.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Watching/listening to the media scrum finally, I get the feeling that Orange said to Chuck and Trent "I'm going to go see how much I can bug my billionaire CEO boss while he's giving a press conference." I swear he said more interrupting the call than he has in all the interviews I've seen put together. Also his expression when Ryan Satin introduced himself was pure "Crap, this rear end in a top hat?" hidden behind a pleasant business demeanor.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

OC is absolutely Khan's favorite wrestler and it rules.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Watching/listening to the media scrum finally, I get the feeling that Orange said to Chuck and Trent "I'm going to go see how much I can bug my billionaire CEO boss while he's giving a press conference." I swear he said more interrupting the call than he has in all the interviews I've seen put together. Also his expression when Ryan Satin introduced himself was pure "Crap, this rear end in a top hat?" hidden behind a pleasant business demeanor.

Meltzer's "NO!" when Cassidy said "I think he hates me" was heartwarming

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I made something dumb

https://streamable.com/cx31cj

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I love it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

You misspelled "funny".

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:yeshaha:

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

I've never understood art until now.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Awesome.

Since someone mentioned Jack Evans and Angelico a little earlier, I figured I'd ask this here: watching back on LU a bit lately has me wondering why Angelico isn't a bigger deal. He's got a great physique, he's gorgeous, he's tall, he's athletic, and he's not a great wrestler, but I've seen people do a lot more with a lot less. Can he not put two words together? Is he a massive flake? Seems like a lot of wasted potential there.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

we don't deserve this masterwork

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

loving excellent :golfclap:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Zombie Lemur posted:

I've seen a bunch of people, though not necessarily on here, say they wanted to see Sammy take a bump off of the horse. Is it just me or would that have been really dangerous? All it takes is him landing wrong or mistiming it and he could get trampled.

I was really really impressed with how careful and considerate they were about how the horse was used. One straight gallop, then walking around inside the stadium building. Lots of the impression that Sammy could be run down, but no danger at all to the animal. It helped that Hangman appears to be a genuinely good rider.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Something I have noticed is that there's a degree of cut-through I haven't seen in a while from the Stadium Stampede to normie twitter. I've seen a few people who I know aren't into wrestling at all retweet Sammy running from things, Jericho getting hit in the dingus with a football, etc.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i know the other 3, what were the significance of the jersey numbers 50 and 51 for santana and ortiz?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

cams posted:

i know the other 3, what were the significance of the jersey numbers 50 and 51 for santana and ortiz?

probably 5150, police code, at least that's what I assumed

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

shiksa posted:

probably 5150, police code, at least that's what I assumed

It's probably that.

quote:

5150 refers to the California law code for the temporary, involuntary psychiatric commitment of individuals who present a danger to themselves or others due to signs of mental illness. It has been more generally applied to people who are considered threateningly unstable or “crazy.”

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

DangerDummy! posted:

Awesome.

Since someone mentioned Jack Evans and Angelico a little earlier, I figured I'd ask this here: watching back on LU a bit lately has me wondering why Angelico isn't a bigger deal. He's got a great physique, he's gorgeous, he's tall, he's athletic, and he's not a great wrestler, but I've seen people do a lot more with a lot less. Can he not put two words together? Is he a massive flake? Seems like a lot of wasted potential there.

and he has an adorable accent due to being from South Africa and living in Spain for years.

no clue why everyone has been sleeping on him; hoping that he and Evans can have a breakout match someday. AEW has a massive amount of tag teams and it would be great to see them more.

I believe Jack Evans is in Mexico at the moment though, and Angelico at home in Barcelona? they were featured in the "Road To..." package so there's gotta be some reason for that.

cams posted:

I'm sure it's been said before, but it's deeply unfortunate that the Spanish God was't wearing number 69.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You accidentally posted the really good thing instead!

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lamuella posted:

I was really really impressed with how careful and considerate they were about how the horse was used. One straight gallop, then walking around inside the stadium building. Lots of the impression that Sammy could be run down, but no danger at all to the animal. It helped that Hangman appears to be a genuinely good rider.

Yeah, they did a really good job all around with the horse. Plus, it came in a little late and was done about halfway through so it wasn't around for any of the fireworks or pyro.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Thought it might be a Puerto Rican statehood thing when I saw 51, but 5150 is probably what it is.

Unless they split on the issue of statehood and this is how they hash it out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

Awesome.

The thing about Angelico that I've learned since Lucha Underground is that that *really* wasn't his normal style of wrestling. I do think a focused program would do wonders for him though as I still love that leg-based technical style.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

The thing about Angelico that I've learned since Lucha Underground is that that *really* wasn't his normal style of wrestling. I do think a focused program would do wonders for him though as I still love that leg-based technical style.

the most informed attribute in Angelico is references to his lucha submission style because he hasnt used it in AEW either

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

another thing that popped me was Santana doing the Victor Cruz salsa when he came out of the tunnel and again as a taunt when they were brawling on the field.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Double or Nothing was my first AEW PPV which iss great because it was fantastic show but also sad because I don't think they're ever going to top Stadium Stampede

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Purple Monkey posted:

Double or Nothing was my first AEW PPV which iss great because it was fantastic show but also sad because I don't think they're ever going to top Stadium Stampede

As a spectacle? It was pretty hard to top, although I'm sure people will try.

Which means what they'll do is switch to doing the best possible at whatever their next thing is. Revolution had one of the best tag matches I ever saw. Full Gear had a breathtaking (if in my opinion too long) hardcore match. All Out had one of the best ladder matches of all time.

Their weekly shows oscillate between good enough and great, but there's almost always at least one thing on their PPVs that is one of the best examples of its kind you'll have seen. I'm sort of hoping for their next big show it's the turn of the straight singles match to be the thing everyone's talking about.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

the escape goat posted:

and he has an adorable accent due to being from South Africa and living in Spain for years.

no clue why everyone has been sleeping on him; hoping that he and Evans can have a breakout match someday. AEW has a massive amount of tag teams and it would be great to see them more.

I believe Jack Evans is in Mexico at the moment though, and Angelico at home in Barcelona? they were featured in the "Road To..." package so there's gotta be some reason for that.

I'm sure it's been said before, but it's deeply unfortunate that the Spanish God was't wearing number 69.

I think this was really supposed to be their year and then rona banished them from the face of the earth. If you weren't in the US when it started you're basically hosed (see PAC/Penta)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's no way the Inner Circle should call it quits until Jericho's ready to hang up the boots cause the last thing he needs to do on his way out is put over his beautiful wrestling son. PnP can always have their big face run after all that, they're going to be around for years.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1264637671445594112?s=20

Uuuggghhhhh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao what did you expect

All feds are scum

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yes, it does suck it that this is happening. But at least you get to watch mike tyson walk into the middle of the aew ring and fall asleep on the mat instead of having a match putting over big swole or somebody like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Double or Nothing was super fun. AEW is a fun promotion where I'm somehow constantly pleasantly surprised by all the little touches they get right. Like Nyla selling the damage to her lower back by not jumping to the top rope, having commentary that was smart and pointed it out. Or training the cheerleaders and band to be awesome wrestling fans for the stadium stampede!

Not everything on the show was a masterpiece (the Shawn Spears-Dustin comedy match could have been half the length and served the same purpose), but what a lovely event that knew how to be a variety circus.