Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Anidav posted:

I thought you claiming birthday was a joke about being Bifauxnen's child! lol

i have never joked in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Also ##vote Asphyxious. I don't care if that's an omus vote, you earned it

lmao

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Agree oko ELK nerd reads as self absorbed. His posting is scummy because hes not actually hunting scum in any meaningful way, its responding to even the most brief aggression on himself. . His day 1 aggression on gaspy is terrible. in isolation the vote 1 post he made seems ok but when balanced against his total lack of scum hunting and defensive posting its bad.

##vote ELK

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
it seems super weird that elk would open with asking gaspy about vote as he wasn’t in the previous game

unless he was clued in in scumchat

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

it seems super weird that elk would open with asking gaspy about vote as he wasn’t in the previous game

unless he was clued in in scumchat

Okay soag

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

I think Birdstrike is well overdue to actually post something worthwhile. I also think I would be open to trying out flipping Soag or Gaspy or Bifauxnen to lay the meta arguement to rest before it restarts randomly at 5pm.

The meta argument should be well and truly over since Gaspy's recanted

We are now in the meta-meta argument, where I'm arguing that the way he actually bought that meta argument so hard only to frantically pull up next day seems unbelievable.

dmboogie posted:

i think it's an incredible stretch to call this 'framing' and not like an opening shot to start off the day

though the complete lack of any follow-up does make this look worse.........................

I like this post, I still think Gaspy's stretching a lot too, and it makes Cloner look townier for it.

As for the lack of followup, Cloner is on UK time and will probably be most active in our early mornings, or in our evenings.

And no he is not Nat20 just to head another meta argument off at the pass

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

I'm nat 20

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
beet you really stink of scum this game eh

when i get a chance im gunna dig through your posts but yeah there's something fishy going on with you

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Tommu posted:

I'm nat 20

please yore natty ice

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

please yore natty ice

U r

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prolly should look at some other people too I guess. Current Lumpenlist rankings are:

Leaning town:

Anidav - has actually made sense and good points sometimes, always a good sign when that happens instead of just adspeak

Venom Soag - his latching onto a scumslip theory could easily be overeager town, even if he is a CHUMP

Dmboogie - Like his diving right in and participating well ASAP as a replacement. He seems to be observing good things too.

Mr. Humalong - vague gut call, he hasn't done a whole lot but his tone feels like his usual snarky town game

More iffy town reads:

hambeet - Coming down on the right side of the meta argument makes me lean more town on him since scumbeet just looooves to find some way to frame me up, but he could just be trying to suck up instead. And as always, strong activity doesn't indicate anything about alignment in his case.

Cloner of the Elks - mostly just because Gaspy's pushing on him, I'm not actually getting an active town read from his posts but I literally do not know what his town game looks like so

Lurky/meh group:

Tommu
MysticalMachineGun

Scum suspects:

The Before Times - Decent enough activity, but I always seem to read her as cautious and scummy in pretty much every game. I'm trying to compensate for that bias though, so she can be the outlier least-sure scum read.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE - getting a similar feel from him as last game (it's also kind of suspicious that Gaspy hasn't picked up on that)

Hal Incandenza - Was so agreeable with me earlier and has so many posts just addressing only me in particular, it's making me super nervous like he's trying to suck up to me. And now he's all "welp I think Gaspy's town" with no reasoning whatsoever so that doesn't help.

Asphyxious - see earlier posts

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Nah bird isn’t playing the same as last game at all.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Hal Incandenza was super sucky-up to me as well though bif, and was all aboard the soag train during our meta slap fight

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i think hal is just nice : )

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

dmboogie posted:

i think hal is just nice : )

yeah i felt like he was just a nice guy who doesnt want to call people idiots or scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hal's playin a little different i reckon.

maybe it's for the better

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Before Times posted:

I agree with these posts. I'm starting to think MMG actually might not be scum because his scumbros would have been absolutely foaming at him to stop posting the way he was yesterday. Would've expected him to quiet down or chill out somewhat after being called out if he was talking with scumbuds.

how dare you have fun when the rest of us are PLAYING MAFIA

mmm not really. busing is a thing. letting someone flail who might be seen as a liability (sorry mmg) is probably the better move actually so i don't see that as a reason to clear anyone.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote tommu

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

are you loving kidding me

im still loving laughing at this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

humalong flips his keyboard as he stands up from his desk and heads out the back door. he doesn't bother to close it, just walking off into the distance muttering away to himself.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

interesting* that hambeet and tbt seemed to vote mmg yesterday for real reasons then eventually moved over to hedgehog for weaker reasons

*by interesting I mean scummy

rattled.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Venom Soag posted:

Sorry

Now that day one is done I'm going to make an effort to post more meaningful content and less spam

will you give us a heads up when that happens?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

dmboogie posted:

i think it's an incredible stretch to call this 'framing' and not like an opening shot to start off the day

though the complete lack of any follow-up does make this look worse.........................

did you see this in your read back of elk from day 1?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

lmao

i dont really see a contradiction here though. cloner is talking about slipping, and his D2 opener was a very deliberate shot

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

dmboogie posted:

lmao

i dont really see a contradiction here though. cloner is talking about slipping, and his D2 opener was a very deliberate shot

It’s a slip from where I’m sitting because vote dying has nothing to do with me but everything to do with elks.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I thoufht the cool kids were voting tommy but that’s no longer the case ##unvote

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

Thanks for the response, as you said it looked scummy, but props to owning it. Im not sure scum would do that with one vote on them near deadline with no clear lynch.

this was VOTE1's last interaction with Cloner before the day phase ended, where it seemed pretty clear that VOTE1's read of Cloner was shifting in a more townly direction. Why would scum!Cloner kill them then?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

im going to keep doing this until the iajposting stops for ##vote mmg

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

dmboogie posted:

this was VOTE1's last interaction with Cloner before the day phase ended, where it seemed pretty clear that VOTE1's read of Cloner was shifting in a more townly direction. Why would scum!Cloner kill them then?

why not tbh

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

it obviously isn't impossible but gaspy is arguing that Cloner killed VOTE1 because they voted for him

i'm arguing that VOTE1's unvote and semi-absolution of Cloner works to cancel out the "i am killing someone on my shitlist" motivation

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

im going to sleep now have fun you australians

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

dmboogie posted:

If you kill someone who has you pegged as scum, it's going to be a strong hint that they were right

If you kill someone who has shown good scum hunting skills but has eased off on you, then you get rid of a good scumhunter and avoid suspicion

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Venom Soag posted:

If you kill someone who has shown good scum hunting skills but has eased off on you, then you get rid of a good scumhunter and avoid suspicion

why would Cloner be savvy enough to do this, but clumsy enough to immediately draw attention to it by shouting at gaspy?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

dmboogie posted:

why would Cloner be savvy enough to do this, but clumsy enough to immediately draw attention to it by shouting at gaspy?

Yeah I don't know Cloner's town game, but his scum game is amazing

...well, he was more snipey and snarky early game and I was on his case early for it, but he course-corrected quickly and was in a great groove sounding incredibly earnest soon enough.

This idea seems a bit facile for him

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

...well, he was more snipey and snarky early game and I was on his case early for it, but he course-corrected quickly and was in a great groove sounding incredibly earnest soon enough.

Maf edit: by "early game" I'm referring to the early game of our previous game, the Animal Crossing temple-style game

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I wonder how he’d go without you constantly running support for him?

Guess we’ll never know.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Between this and RA last game I think you do a weird meta defence of literally anyone I scrutinise.

At least if I case you you just defend yourself and it’s not so objectively weird.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Graspy can you please tell the thread why you 180'd overnight and no longer think bif is scum

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Also i wanna point out that we got so caught up analysing bif through the meta-soag-venomsoag lens that noone has really paid attention to whether bif is scum in her own right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Venom Soag posted:

Graspy can you please tell the thread why you 180'd overnight and no longer think bif is scum

My night action didn’t really leave much room for error. I’d now be absolutely loving gobsmacked if Bif turned out to be scum in any way shape or form.