Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I really do wish that they'd gone literal with Cage as a machine in LU. Just wholesale rip off the Weapon X story and have him hunt down whoever replaced his bones with metal (obviously it would have been Dario).

Cage as an ancient Aztec golem, granted powers by having all of the Gift Of The Gods medallions inserted in his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
An alternate reality where Tony Kahn buys the rights to and makes Lucha Underground the #1 entertainment media brand in the world. Complete with a LUCU series of movies that rival the MCU in terms of performance at the box office.

Also a friggin video game.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

An alternate reality where Tony Kahn buys the rights to and makes Lucha Underground the #1 entertainment media brand in the world. Complete with a LUCU series of movies that rival the MCU in terms of performance at the box office.

I want this future...

Oh well I love AEW too so it's all good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

A video game using the Wu Tang / Thrill Kill engine.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Lamuella posted:

it occurs to me that there's no equivalent in WWE of Sammy's position in AEW.

He loses as much as he wins.
He's a bad guy in a bad guy faction
In the big matches of that bad guy faction he will absolutely eat poo poo in the most spectacular ways possible

AND YET

He gets lots of TV time and main events
He has long matches where he goes toe to toe with talented opponents
He's sold on commentary as cocky and douchey rather than incompetent
While he loses a lot, he's not humiliated by his losses

When WWE have guys with the first part of that list they invariably portray them as pathetic, stupid, or both.

Cocky and douchey but seen as obvious potential reminds me of new-wrestler Randy Orton but obviously A) WWE booking handled that in its usual way and B) Sammy has significantly more charisma.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Lamuella posted:

In the big matches of that bad guy faction he will absolutely eat poo poo in the most spectacular ways possible

AND YET

When WWE have guys with the first part of that list they invariably portray them as pathetic, stupid, or both.
Baron Corbin comes the closest to meeting this criteria which is really really funny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I really do wish that they'd gone literal with Cage as a machine in LU. Just wholesale rip off the Weapon X story and have him hunt down whoever replaced his bones with metal (obviously it would have been Dario).

I wanted them to do a flashback to him being built by Professor Scott Steiner, who's wearing his sunglasses and a lab coat with the sleeves torn off.

Also, Cage needs to start doing the Jack winpose from Tekken where he pounds on his chest and continues to do so while falling on his back and laughing.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

It feels very odd to me whenever this thread says tha Sammy loses a lot, because I never really got that feeling. I'm not saying you are lying or that the numbers are wrong but despite them actually showing wins and losses in the openiing chevron he's never actually been presented as a loser. Even in the stadium stampede he comes out looking like a winner because the elite needed 2 men and a drove to drop him of the audience stands to acutally get the 3 count, and that's after all the other stuff that happened.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

ganso bomb i will always miss your highly intelligent former avatar but jericone makes me happy too

It was definitely time for a change and I think Jericone is the only suitable replacement. Hacksaw still lives inside my heart, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

AND YET

The Miz is the closest you get. But WWE being WWE, they make it lifeless and culty.
e: or baron corbin, same thing really. just jackass heels that don't to shine(unlike Sammy)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

The Miz is the closest you get. But WWE being WWE, they make it lifeless and culty.
I’m imagining the Miz in Sammy’s AEW spot and crying irl

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

I’m imagining the Miz in Sammy’s AEW spot and crying irl

if AEW got circa "I got dumped into wwECW because my co-workers are psychopaths" Miz, that'd be so dope. Dude had a ton of aggression and creativity. Like the Rap Battle with Cryme Tyme, great fuckin poo poo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

:dudsmile:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
DLed and saved

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1264977929391439872?s=20

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

:lmao:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

"The patient is worse than the injury" is such a good line :allears:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Hager/Hangman pre-fight moment at the bar reminded me a lot of this.

Fittingly, Hager fills the role of the Red Skull's son-in-law.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

One of these day Sammy is going to win some big time matches and I’m going to mark out like a proud dad

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

New BTE just got uploaded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4RVtmcYlQ

35 minutes long episode, and the 'new ring gear' for the Bucks is already ridiculous.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so the pandemic lockdown has utterly hosed my sense of time, forcing me to watch AEW on DVR when i remember its after wednesday. anyhow finally finished DoN thought it was great. loved the ladder match, thought cody/archer was really good until the arn/jake/tyson showdown which imo probably shouldn't have happened for a debuting title. the title matches were great and i loved the stadium stampede except for two points, thankfully back to back, where the refs got involved in the comedy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Big Queefy posted:

One of these day Sammy is going to win some big time matches and I’m going to mark out like a proud dad

I predict TNT champ within the year.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
WHERE'D HE GO?! :stare:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The Randy News Network updates when Orton was injured were amazing and God that's all I want out of this.

this....is BNN

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
The Eulogy on BTE is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

coconono posted:

if AEW got circa "I got dumped into wwECW because my co-workers are psychopaths" Miz, that'd be so dope. Dude had a ton of aggression and creativity. Like the Rap Battle with Cryme Tyme, great fuckin poo poo.

Honestly Miz is a lot better than people give him credit for. I've always thought he was at least decent in the ring and fantastic on the mic. Plus I'll always love him because of that time he beat John Cena at Wrestlemania and CSammich toxxed himself into changing his name to "Hirams Bitch".

I'm a man of sentiment, y'know?

But my point is I definitely agree. I'd honestly like to see him there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hiram posted:

Honestly Miz is a lot better than people give him credit for. I've always thought he was at least decent in the ring and fantastic on the mic. Plus I'll always love him because of that time he beat John Cena at Wrestlemania and CSammich toxxed himself into changing his name to "Hirams Bitch".

I'm a man of sentiment, y'know?

But my point is I definitely agree. I'd honestly like to see him there.

Miz is definitely one of the guys I respect because he's collecting a paycheck, but if he feels like it, he can go. But it's almost never worth it to actually go, why should he? It'd be nice to see him have a run somewhere where giving a poo poo leads to stuff, tho. But gently caress him for not catching people.

This BTE is so loving good.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The funeral of vanguard 1 is really, really good.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I don't know what I love most about this episode of BTE; THOSE outfits, the funeral of Vanguard 1, or the tease of Marty returning. Jolly good show all around.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh gently caress. Does this mean that the forbidden door is opening?

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

That eulogy was a thing of beauty

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope Big Game Leroy makes it to AEW. Or at least more BTE.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Big Queefy posted:

That eulogy was a thing of beauty

"I met Jesus once! In Jerusalem, we drank red wine until 4 AM!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's the best episode of BTE I've seen and it's not even close

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
God, Cody was so good during the funeral.

"Now, now, I'm an atheist too"
"Are you even at a funeral, look a what you are loving wearing Tommy Bahama."

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Cody being an atheist is a fairly obscure call back.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

That's the best episode of BTE I've seen and it's not even close

I think my favorite is when they killed Adam Cole. Cody just going “He’s talking about murdering him. Capital murder. Adam Cole is going to go to heaven. gently caress guys. Jesus.” is my favorite line in the entire run. It also has the segment when Cody is cutting a prerecorded promo for ROH and just keeps saying "gently caress THE REVIVAL."

Also it ended with Adam Cole being dead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Also it ended with Adam Cole being dead.

That's why it's the best episode of BTE that I've not seen

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't believe how smart private party was to make sure their video didn't reveal the street names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

adam and britt are gonna sync their injury cycles