Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Well I did it I golded the M13. And dam lol at the other completionist camos...get a 15 kill streak 200 times??? get gold with literally everything?? i'd hate it if i cared enough to get sucked into that trap.

Got a dude with a MAGA tag all mad in a match. Killed him with an RPG and typed "rekt". He got all mad because he had like 50+ kills with the standard quickscope insta headshot thing.

Then i went afk for most of the match, came back, got the last kill of the match on him and typed "dam 2ez".

Also as far as maps go, I find myself just getting shot from behind all the time. Or like I'll spawn with an enemy behind me and die instantly. I don't really know the maps that well yet so I assume that's the problem. Is the general tip just stick to the edges of the map? Is there some logic to where you spawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Well I did it I golded the M13. And dam lol at the other completionist camos...get a 15 kill streak 200 times??? get gold with literally everything?? i'd hate it if i cared enough to get sucked into that trap.

Got a dude with a MAGA tag all mad in a match. Killed him with an RPG and typed "rekt". He got all mad because he had like 50+ kills with the standard quickscope insta headshot thing.

Then i went afk for most of the match, came back, got the last kill of the match on him and typed "dam 2ez".

Also as far as maps go, I find myself just getting shot from behind all the time. Or like I'll spawn with an enemy behind me and die instantly. I don't really know the maps that well yet so I assume that's the problem. Is the general tip just stick to the edges of the map? Is there some logic to where you spawn?

The obsidian isn't a 15 kill streak, just 15 kills total per match across 200 matches. Which is still a shitload, but something that will definitely come naturally over time.

Definitely not going for platinum / damascus though, there are too many lovely unfun guns that I don't feel like wasting dozens and dozens of hours leveling and while platinum looks kinda cool damascus is honestly just ugly on every gun I've seen it on so far. Even if you're going for deliberately gaudy, which I heartily respect and often do myself, there are much better camos for it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

That is some loot game brain worms right there.

Non poo poo players like to challenge themselves. I know you don't understand.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Saying having some semblance of overall gun balance in a competitive game would ruin it is legitimately one of the stupidest loving things I have ever read. Good Job!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The obsidian isn't a 15 kill streak, just 15 kills total per match across 200 matches. Which is still a shitload, but something that will definitely come naturally over time.

Definitely not going for platinum / damascus though, there are too many lovely unfun guns that I don't feel like wasting dozens and dozens of hours leveling and while platinum looks kinda cool damascus is honestly just ugly on every gun I've seen it on so far. Even if you're going for deliberately gaudy, which I heartily respect and often do myself, there are much better camos for it.

Ah not quite as ridiculous. But yeah only the gold one looks good to me.

And lol fuckin server queue??

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

You're complaining that the most common shotgun doesn't 1 shot kill lmao

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Daytime during a holiday / pandemic is a really weird time for maintenance lol. Why don't they just do this stuff in the middle of the night like most other games?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Probably buffing the RPG again

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

You're complaining that the most common shotgun doesn't 1 shot kill lmao

Now you are just making poo poo up.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I find the 725 to be a great one shotter, in core not wz of course. Hardcore you can take out multiples with a single shot on tight maps and it owns.

Cranking my way towards unlocking the Bruen, got 11/15 of those stupid 3 kills near smoke in a round. The SA87 is an awesome death dealer and is a fantastic run and gun hipfiring lmg.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Now you are just making poo poo up.

Shotguns used to you know; but they balanced that. Not everyone is dumb enough to go for headshots with them.

They are very very good in the first circle when you're still fighting with loot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

Probably buffing the RPG again

but only secretly

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I always know a multiplayer match will be loving poo poo when I see a guy in a ghillie suit with a riot shield on his back crouch running around with a knife out. I don’t know how those fuckin ninjas manage to avoid getting shot but they have some weird matrix kung fu method of getting within stabbing distance every loving time.

Thermiting a riot shield guy always rules though.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shotguns used to you know; but they balanced that. Not everyone is dumb enough to go for headshots with them.

They are very very good in the first circle when you're still fighting with loot.

The 725 is good if you can land two shots and then switch to pistol. R9 is extremely solid at the start close up.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Does the IAV/APC or kill streak kills count towards the "get 15 kills without dying" mission?

I've gotten up to 14 kills without dying in Infected Ground War, but unfortunately time ran out a second or so before my 15th kill. Depending on the map, I could probably get 15 if the airstrike/sentry gun count towards the mission.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Infected just has me wanting a decent horde mode

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Im pretty sure its just 15 kills. Not per match. If you get 30 or 45 in a match, you'll get that much more progress. I think damascus looks great when its in your hands, but to each their own.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Sure is fun losing 5 games of kill confirmed in a row because my teammates picked up a combined 5 tags!

Wish these dipshits would just filter out the game mode and stick to TDM.

ZombieCrew posted:

Im pretty sure its just 15 kills. Not per match. If you get 30 or 45 in a match, you'll get that much more progress. I think damascus looks great when its in your hands, but to each their own.

Ah yeah, that's probably correct since that's how the other camos work.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sure is fun losing 5 games of kill confirmed in a row because my teammates picked up a combined 5 tags!

Wish these dipshits would just filter out the game mode and stick to TDM.

Ah yeah, that's probably correct since that's how the other camos work.

People just want as many kills as possible and will do anything they can do to slow down the game to make that happen including not playing the objective

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I vacuum up tags like pacman on meth, I love that mode and grind.

I have boobytrapped friendly tags with claymores though just for a laugh

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Yeah I'm coming around to thinking you should be a collectathon for tags out of spite. Everything has to end, teach them the value of finality.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

pacerhimself posted:

The 725 is good if you can land two shots and then switch to pistol. R9 is extremely solid at the start close up.

about half the time i grab the 725 there are no spare shots anyway. Shoot two barrels and hot swap to pistol has served me well. and if you can back up into cover while you reload sometimes you can even get a 4-5 barrel kill with it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

God drat is an exposed buffer tube an eyesore in this game and IRL.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

God drat is an exposed buffer tube an eyesore in this game and IRL.

Yea it’s like having a broken johnson rod .

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Sure is fun to face a clan of people who have like .0000000000000001 ms reaction times. Can't even click! Put me with lovely people you dumb game.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i like it when SBMM demotes me down to the level of skill where people are basically just standing still looking at the ground or sky

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have yet to find a scenario that a silencer is a good idea

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

i like it when SBMM demotes me down to the level of skill where people are basically just standing still looking at the ground or sky

yes this is what i need! some dude just 3 v 1 me and two other guys...like i start hitting him and he kills both my teammates and me in the time it took the Grau to fire i guess 2 bullets

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

I have yet to find a scenario that a silencer is a good idea

Monolithic adds range, and not pinging yourself on the map when you fire is pretty valuable in Warzone.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RCarr posted:

Yea it’s like having a broken johnson rod .

haha le epic sportsball a thousand internets goon sire

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hmm, what is the most miserable multiplayer experience? I'm going with domination on bridge map when your team doesn't attempt to take b so everyone just sits in the spawn getting farmed. Mainly because that game just takes FOREVER to end.

Do I have to get gold with the Renetti for platinum pistols?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/hrEtoo7.mp4

shout out to the enemy for jumping in front of my rpg

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When did I say a shotgun should drop in 1 hit in WZ? And the post you quoted had nothing to do with shotguns to begin with.

The fact that you think it’s good that like 5 guns are massively superior to the rest is way dumb dude. And you seem to think I’m talking about loot when I’m talking about player loadouts.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

https://i.imgur.com/hrEtoo7.mp4

shout out to the enemy for jumping in front of my rpg

Sometimes people just don't want to live anymore. This guy heard me pick up an M4 and as soon as I tapped the forward assist he apparently did a suicide-by-cop? No idea what he was thinking.

https://i.imgur.com/bAQbV1Z.mp4

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 25, 2020

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

CombatBonta-kun posted:

Does the IAV/APC or kill streak kills count towards the "get 15 kills without dying" mission?

I've gotten up to 14 kills without dying in Infected Ground War, but unfortunately time ran out a second or so before my 15th kill. Depending on the map, I could probably get 15 if the airstrike/sentry gun count towards the mission.

only kills with guns/nades/melee count for this i believe. that was my experience at least.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

When you do the lean out of a doorway thing, does it matter if it's the left or right side?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

codo27 posted:

I use the take a knee badge but I haven't had anyone bite yet, doesn't help it's a white guy in the image. I haven't spent that much time looking at them but I don't think there's all that much you can trigger with besides the China flag

My clan tag is ANTFA. It's perfectly scented chud bait.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

Sometimes people just don't want to live anymore. This guy heard me pick up an M4 and as soon as I tapped the forward assist he apparently did a suicide-by-cop? No idea what he was thinking.

https://i.imgur.com/bAQbV1Z.mp4

One of my IRL buddies plays like that

He frequently gets lost and yells "where did you guys go" while refusing to use the map lol

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

When did I say a shotgun should drop in 1 hit in WZ? And the post you quoted had nothing to do with shotguns to begin with.

The fact that you think it’s good that like 5 guns are massively superior to the rest is way dumb dude. And you seem to think I’m talking about loot when I’m talking about player loadouts.

oh sorry all your shotgun bitching and consistant bitching about things that 1) you can't kill with or 2) kill you sorta just blend together.

Since you're talking loadouts, get this, it is balanced since you don't lock out a gun for others when you pick it. Look for a game that just has a single choice if you want identical TTK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

u guys should 1v1 imo