Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This looks so loving good. My girlfriend made a pretty good london broil last night, but that looks so drat delicious.

It was good. Sous vide at 125 for 2 or 3 hours then seared in smoking hot cast iron.

I've been doing reverse sear for many years, sous vide at first but then switched to doing it in the oven at 275. The thinking is generally that the oven gets the surface dry so that you get a super good sear on it, whereas sous vide does not do that. So I hadn't sous vide one for probably 3+ years.

But now I'm not so sure that the oven is really better, this one turned out awful good. And this one really would have been too small to do well in the oven, when I do it in the oven it's always monster 2" thick ribeyes.

They're both great ways to cook a steak, that's for sure.

I've tried every single way you can cook a steak basically (charcoal, gas, smoker, searing on the 1000 degree sear burner on my grill, etc) and sous vide or ~250-275 oven and then cast iron in whatever oil you got with the highest smoke point is the best IMO. I thought sous vide and then sear burner on the grill would be the best but flare up are an issue and I just can't get a super nice crust on it without also getting too much char.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Bought ingredients for a moqueca, dende oil and all.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I roasted a whole chicken and it turned out really tasty

then I cut it up and used the carcass to make a stock, which is like 1000 times better than any boxed stock and I kind of want to just put it in a mug and sip on it but some civilized part of my brain is telling me that's nasty

I ate the stock carrot though

I'm also reading a massive book about Stalin, because I have the time now

also the filter on my fishtank crapped out and a new one isn't coming til wednesday :( I hope my little guys are OK til then

WILDTURKEY101 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 24, 2020

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

As to books I just finished Among the Thugs this week. Dunno if it has anything to say about "Our present moment" but its an intense read, and it sure as hell rhymes with the last ten years or so.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The AEW ppv just finished and it was the greatest most insane thing I have ever seen

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

A man was chain suplexed the whole 100 yards of a football field

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
Tequila

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

A man started convulsing after having a large bell rung next to his head, he was then strapped to a wheelchair with duct tape by his opponent

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I roasted a whole chicken and it turned out really tasty

then I cut it up and used the carcass to make a stock, which is like 1000 times better than any boxed stock and I kind of want to just put it in a mug and sip on it but some civilized part of my brain is telling me that's nasty

I ate the stock carrot though

also the filter on my fishtank crapped out and a new one isn't coming til wednesday :( I hope my little guys are OK til then

Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich has been sitting on my kindle for a few years now, and every once in a while I open and close it so it's at the top of the list and say to myself YOU'RE GONNA DO THIS SOMEDAY, KID

lol

also good lord, drink the stock :yum:

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

drink the stock if you want! then when I'm writing your biography later on I'll refer to this thread and say, "had feelings for fish. drank stock like a barbarian. kind of a wash, but overall bad. a real C- human being."

(but I drink stock all the time, even crappy stock, just for fun. it's good when you're hungover and or sick or you've made yourself sick because you're so hungover.)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Getting Really In To Death Grips .

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Drinking broth was absolutely a thing. No shame

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Favorite recipe for when you're sick:

Take a mug full of stock and squeeze like 3 tablespoons of the hot sauce of your choice in it. It's like a panacea.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I pressed a button on a robot (his name is Dusty) and he's cleaning my floor right now.

Working hard today.

naem
May 29, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

Favorite recipe for when you're sick:

Take a mug full of stock and squeeze like 3 tablespoons of the hot sauce of your choice in it. It's like a panacea.

also lemon/lime juice

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

naem posted:

also lemon/lime juice

You get it.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Made an early cutting from my private reserve garden today. There is some v fine purple in there and we gonna get some kitties fuuuuuucked up!

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
Trying to waste another day here in Margaritaville

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

PipHelix posted:

As to books I just finished Among the Thugs this week. Dunno if it has anything to say about "Our present moment" but its an intense read, and it sure as hell rhymes with the last ten years or so.

If this is the book about english soccer hooligans/gangs then yea that book is a great read.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Replaced both blades on our riding lawnmower today.

Also wrote more college papers. poo poo I've got a lot of papers to write.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Internetjack posted:

Drain pump on washing machine making horrible rattling/grinding noise. No water draining from machine.
Siphoned off water, not too much mess. Found a dime, a peso, some weed-whacker string, some carpet string in the reservoir before the pump. Coins look ancient!

Bench tested the pump. Ran smooth!

Re-installed, started a cycle and the thing is rattling/grinding just as loud. No water draining. :( But hey, a dime and a peso!

Got a new drain pump today. $38 off a wholesaler on ebay vs $105 from Frigidaire.

Laundry game is back on!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

:perfect:

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
im jacking off

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

A man started convulsing after having a large bell rung next to his head, he was then strapped to a wheelchair with duct tape by his opponent

You forgot the part where a man was run down by another man on a horse.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Made blueberry ice cream

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
That blueberry ice cream looks really delicious

Perfecting the red beans and rice recipe.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

What kinda sausage? That looks dope as gently caress. Wanna drench that in a vinegary hot sauce and gorge myself.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

It's basic run of the mill freezer sausage--beef polska kielbasa!

Definitely rocking some Texas Pete on it

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm trying to remember how the hell to do surf maps in Counter-Strike.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

dk2m posted:

i get to work from home for the next 2-3 weeks and it absolutely rules. everyone is just loving around at home like i’m doing right now which means less meetings and work in general

i hadn't opened this thread yet and now that it's almost May and poo poo is still hosed this is really funny

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Sid Vicious posted:

i hadn't opened this thread yet and now that it's almost May and poo poo is still hosed this is really funny

It's almost June, my dude. Time flies in quarantine.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Time flies.......in circles ! Ha ha I'm really depressed

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Time is getting faster relative to our spiritual understanding of reality because the universe is expanding under our feet. Our perception of time was never static to begin with! Buckle up sugar cup!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Jesus Christ that's what I meant, between the 4 hours of sleep I get on average because of my daughter's decision to wake up before the sun rises daily and the weed time doesn't mean anything at all

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Last week I twice wrote 'March' for the date on forms at work...

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

grillster posted:

It's basic run of the mill freezer sausage--beef polska kielbasa!

Definitely rocking some Texas Pete on it

:getin: Adding stuff for red beans and rice to my grocery list

:negative:

I'm so sick of my job. I know I should be very thankful that I have great job security and I was already working 100% remote prior to all this poo poo, but it's so mind numbingly boring and I'm being underpaid like 20% compared to competitors. Also, we have a new supervisor and I'm supposed to be training him on our workflow but he is a person that uses his mouse to input numbers on the calculator and can't write super basic explanations of what he's doing and why. It's so painful.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

no friend. betrayer. chili thief

only friends that can be relied on

more mercy than he deserved

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

drink the stock if you want! then when I'm writing your biography later on I'll refer to this thread and say, "had feelings for fish. drank stock like a barbarian. kind of a wash, but overall bad. a real C- human being."

(but I drink stock all the time, even crappy stock, just for fun. it's good when you're hungover and or sick or you've made yourself sick because you're so hungover.)

well you can downgrade that because i put half the stock into jars and then put those jars in the freezer and the fuckin jars in the freezer were all cracked and spiderwebbed and I had to throw it out

I'm very disappointed

but i finished watching avatar the last airbender today and I forgot how loving awesome and Important the Lion Turtle is

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

The Voice of Labor posted:

more mercy than he deserved

:frogsiren:
Claim self defense and get a lawyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Today my sister came over.

She helped my wife with her garden.

She helped me clean some area rugs.

She helped us make dinner (brats, green beans, big hot pretzels and cheese sauce, grilled onions and peppers).

She helped my wife make ice cream (Green River, mixed berries).

Best sister.

Also I am amazed how stupid almost everyone in my neighborhood is. It hasn't even been 2 months yet since quarantine started and these people just CANNOT loving keep themselves from having parties and inviting whoever the hell over. People are gonna die and it will be their fault.

Like, this poo poo is going to go on through the rest of the year and people are already cracking and having people over. Like goddamn.