Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rutibex posted:

after "testing" several brands of vodka every brand of vodka becomes fantastic. the filter dosent mater, it is a natural property of vodka to improve in quality as the evening goes on

These were little sips, we were trying to be our scientific best. No full drinks the entire time. I recommend trying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

:monocle: is also a thing.

Phlegmish posted:

drat; :lofty: is my favorite new emoticon, for those situations where :smug: just isn't quite right

a neat forum feature would be a custom list of "favorite" emotes that appear below the text box so u can find em easier

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bring back old gbs posted:

a neat forum feature would be a custom list of "favorite" emotes that appear below the text box so u can find em easier

Makes it too easy. I wanna loving bleed for my smilies.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Who knows the wrist cutting smilie??? I need it now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Had some a few years ago in japan, they actually came with a flavor packet to add, I think it was mango. Anyway, Zima sucks and I don't miss it at all.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

bring back old gbs posted:

There is a search function on the smilie page now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Literally A Person posted:

:weedass:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Inceltown posted:

There is a search function on the smilie page now.

Yeah but so many of them are completely abstracted from the text you use to display them, so it's not super useful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Had some a few years ago in japan, they actually came with a flavor packet to add, I think it was mango. Anyway, Zima sucks and I don't miss it at all.

It came back in America like two(?) years ago. It was supposed to be a limited time thing but it stuck around for a while.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

muscles like this! posted:

It came back in America like two(?) years ago. It was supposed to be a limited time thing but it stuck around for a while.

Wow, I was trying to look up a pic of those flavor packets we had, and I found this:

The saddest poo poo ever

and also this

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 25, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wow, I was trying to look up a pic of those flavor packets we had, and I found this:

and also this

This belongs in the cursed thread

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
requesting that spiritual rear end vid where dude goes out for a cigarette while at his buddies house and falls into the universe

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/iPaulie/status/1264030528908320768

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I have that exact same washing machine

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Field Mousepad posted:

I have that exact same washing machine

Me too. My routine just changed.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Literally A Person posted:

I think it's :emo:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

spacetoaster posted:

What's wrong with smirnoff? And what brand of vodka do you recommend?

It's the ubiquitous brand and you're paying for the label more than the contents, it isn't going to make you blind but there's better for the price. I'm not a vodka expert by any means but the reason vodka is seen as a lovely spirit only for mixing drinks is most people drink lovely vodka, which isn't necessary when it's so easy to produce. What is good and cheap depends a lot on where you are, but there's plenty of Latvian or Polish vodkas that are cheaper and better than Smirnoff. I drink Wyborowa because it's 12 euros a bottle where I live.

Gordon's gin and Jack Daniels are both poo poo.

Anyway sorry for the drink snobbery derail.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You most certainly are not

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wyborowa is absolutely terrible

It's called slave vodka around here

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Where is your here?

Like I said not a vodka expert, I just know this tastes cleaner and doesn't smell like acetone and is good in my cocktails.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
My favorite vodkas were Sobieski and Luksosowa. For me, the difference between bottom and top shelf vodkas weren't necessarily the flavor or smoothness but how bad the hangover was the following day. The cheap poo poo always gave me a splitting headache and nausea.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

You most certainly are not

Look at least they're arguing about liquor and not what the appropriate type of condiment is to put on their hot dogs made from literal garbage. Babby steps

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Blessed for nature being chill, and the worlds bravest boy.

https://i.imgur.com/xLGvBpj.mp4

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
That kid has nerves of steel holy poo poo. When that monster popped out my dick shrunk into my body.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I can't help but notice that that video doesn't seem to contain a resolution to that encounter.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sam Faust posted:

I can't help but notice that that video doesn't seem to contain a resolution to that encounter.

There was a second one, but it was just more of the same. They get farther away from the bear, and it eventually just ambles off to the left.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Sam Faust posted:

the bear eventually posted the video to its insta with the caption "best lunch ever!"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sam Faust posted:

It's not a pretty sight

The boy brutally attacks and mangles the bear

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BLEED FOR SMILIE :emo:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/magdalcne/status/1251575475421528066?s=19

What I look like in my imagination.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:stare: Jesus christ.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sam Faust posted:

It's 480 x 848.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The bears name is four and the kids name is E?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PossumEveryHour/status/1265039976842113030?s=20

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Sam Faust posted:

if a bear is hungry and hunting it ain't gonna approach like that

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Sapphire_Sapph0/status/1264960450246184966

e: Fake but still blessed.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 26, 2020

necroid
May 14, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

lol fyi what I presume to be the dad says stuff like :

don't turn your back on him (???)
he's minding his own business

everybody was super cool but you can hear the mom at the end moaning "oh god no no" over and over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

necroid posted:

lol fyi what I presume to be the dad says stuff like :

don't turn your back on him (???)
he's minding his own business

everybody was super cool but you can hear the mom at the end moaning "oh god no no" over and over again
The kid is handling it pretty good. I was taught to walk away slowly but surely, backwards if possible; maybe that's what the dad (?) is trying to encourage. The bear, unless hungry as hell, will bluff a charge or two before committing to anything serious (your death). In which case, keep calm and keep backing away to leave its territory.

In reality, most people including myself would poo poo their pants and/or run. That kid is brave.