Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Mint is at my campsite and she's so loving cute I need her in my life, but I keep losing the card game :negative:

There is truly no tell, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

If I force a villager out with an Amiibo, can someone else come over and pick them up?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

puppets freak me out posted:

If I force a villager out with an Amiibo, can someone else come over and pick them up?

Yeah

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Opening up to share a personal record high for turnips at 531 today.

See PGS for turnip code

Also Kicks is here

geese
May 29, 2007

This goose is cooked.

Hobo Clown posted:

How do meteor showers work on islands with multiple accounts? Will all of the star fragments show up the following morning for anyone to collect? Or will certain ones appear based on who is logged in?

I'm supposed to have my first one tonight and want to invite over my niece and nephew, will they each be able to collect tomorrow morning or will it all go to whoever logs in first and grabs them? Hoping to avoid a fight.

It is in fact a huge fossilized dinosaur turd.

I thiiink they can visit independently and visitors max out at 20 wishes. Meteor shower hosts max out at 30(?) wishes. If they both go, about 40 (mostly small) fragments will wash up on the beach over the course of the next day, similar to seashells. In theory, whoever plays first could run laps of the beaches to collect all of them, but still they don't all appear at once. Small fragments are fairly trivial, but they might get only 3-4 large / zodiac fragments total, so those might cause the most fights.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Opening Chernobyl up for a bit. Finally done with my no TT rock garden so my island is no longer covered in custom designs, yay.

- Admiral is crafting Knights Helmet
- Redd is here, handful of art available still but I haven’t checked if it’s authentic or not so go nuts
- bunch of dupe DIYs begins the shop, help yourself

Dodo code: closed

Open until my switch battery dies, maybe 30-45 mins

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 26, 2020

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So how do I upgrade nook's cranny to the actual store with three limited items? I googled it, and you need 30 days, spend X, donate X, and I've done all that. Darn store is still the mini version.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Sexual Aluminum posted:

So how do I upgrade nook's cranny to the actual store with three limited items? I googled it, and you need 30 days, spend X, donate X, and I've done all that. Darn store is still the mini version.
It's specifically 30 days from when the first Nook's Cranny opened not 30 days from starting an island, if that matters. I know I definitely wondered where my upgrade was for a couple days based on that confusion.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Opening up Elysia for a yard sale!. 1LWCP

Please take my dupes! West coast beach is full of stuff. Take a bunch of DIYs. There are fossils at the dig site just behind the campground. Ables has Label sunglasses and petal skirts. Kicks is here.

If you’d like to leave anything, I would super appreciate any blue or purple flowers. I already have a lot of purple roses, purple mums and blue hyacinths, but any other purple and blues would be awesome. Also looking for anything to flesh out the little Pride festival I’m building on the beach. Any watering of flowers is also much appreciated!

Stitches is currently crafting a garden rock.

Thanks in advance to those who come by!

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

TwoSheds posted:

Opening up again. Friga is crafting Lucky Golden Cat!

If you stop by, I’d love it if you could water the numbered plots north of the residents’ houses. There are now 8.

Nooks have Open-Frame Kitchen for 140k

Sahara is selling Mossy Garden Flooring, Ocean Horizon Wall, Red Message Mat, Green checked rug, and Yellow blocks Rug

Dodo code is in the PGS thread

Update: Friga stopped crafting, but Flurry is now making Western-Style Stones!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

geese posted:

I thiiink they can visit independently and visitors max out at 20 wishes. Meteor shower hosts max out at 30(?) wishes. If they both go, about 40 (mostly small) fragments will wash up on the beach over the course of the next day, similar to seashells. In theory, whoever plays first could run laps of the beaches to collect all of them, but still they don't all appear at once. Small fragments are fairly trivial, but they might get only 3-4 large / zodiac fragments total, so those might cause the most fights.

individual people on the island get their own spawns, so there shouldn't be an issue with someone picking them up first.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

peepsalot posted:

See PGS for turnip code

Also Kicks is here
Wow, first time I check this thread and I see your awesome turnip price. Just sold the 1,000 I had. Thanks, friend :D

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Since I've started playing, I've accidentally busted a couple of my rocks (I'd forgotten I'd eaten fruit). Is there any way to craft/spawn/whatever new rocks?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Bob Socko posted:

Since I've started playing, I've accidentally busted a couple of my rocks (I'd forgotten I'd eaten fruit). Is there any way to craft/spawn/whatever new rocks?

They respawn at a rate of one per day.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Bob Socko posted:

they'll automatically respawn on their own.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
A new rock will spawn every day until you're back at rock cap. You can exploit this fact to actually move rocks into exact positions of your choice, by placing custom design mannequins all over the island where you don't want the rock.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Valen posted:

My island isn’t much to look at, but the Nooks are buying turnips for 618 bells! I also have Kicks visiting.

come make some bells

Thanks for this. Took a while to get in and out due to the queue and all the notifications, but eventually I got through. Left a few NMTs on the island, hopefully they don't get gobbled up by someone else.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Thanks, everyone.

Khanstant posted:

A new rock will spawn every day until you're back at rock cap. You can exploit this fact to actually move rocks into exact positions of your choice, by placing custom design mannequins all over the island where you don't want the rock.

Could you please tell me a little more about this? I assume it's something like "no rocks can spawn within X squares of a mannequin"?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, custom mannequin is just chosen because you can place tons of them, but when done, simply changing the original design itself will make ALL mannequins instantly dissappear. You could use water, other objects, coins, weeds, etc, too but mannequin is rec for that reason. It's a 3x3 space around these objects where rocks aint allowed to spawn.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

peepsalot posted:

See PGS for turnip code

Also Kicks is here

Another good island! Thank you!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Do we know if there's another upgrade to Nook's beyond the 30-days one? All the other games usually had 3 Nook buildings, with the final one being like a department store.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

if you do the cultivated rock garden, remember to put in a toilet gate!!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Hello thread, I've got Cheri in boxes right now.

It's too late for shops to be open and my island is a rainy mess, but you're welcome to come pick her up. She's in the western group of houses close by the cliff.

Dodo Code: THE VOID CONSUMES

Geemer fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 26, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

New player here:

Can I shake any tree for the daily furniture? Will an empty fruit tree or money tree drop it or does it specifically have to be a hardwood tree?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Do we know if there's another upgrade to Nook's beyond the 30-days one? All the other games usually had 3 Nook buildings, with the final one being like a department store.

My guess is there is another one because of the build restrictions behind the shop but as far as I know no one knows.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Turnips are $588 in Isla Nublar today! Nooks has the book stands and soup kettle as well as a giant stuffed bear.

My wife plays mostly, and loves cooking accessories for her house if you want to bring a gift, or musical instruments for me :)

Dodo code: M9521

also looking for a large bookshelf

filling up fast so i'll close gates for a few minutes and let everyone sort things then open again

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 26, 2020

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Valen posted:

My island isn’t much to look at, but the Nooks are buying turnips for 618 bells! I also have Kicks visiting.

come make some bells

Oh no, the Dodo code provided isn't working.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Nessa posted:

Opening up Elysia for a yard sale!. 1LWCP

Please take my dupes! West coast beach is full of stuff. Take a bunch of DIYs. There are fossils at the dig site just behind the campground. Ables has Label sunglasses and petal skirts. Kicks is here.

If you’d like to leave anything, I would super appreciate any blue or purple flowers. I already have a lot of purple roses, purple mums and blue hyacinths, but any other purple and blues would be awesome. Also looking for anything to flesh out the little Pride festival I’m building on the beach. Any watering of flowers is also much appreciated!

Stitches is currently crafting a garden rock.

Thanks in advance to those who come by!

I'm in queue with an inventory of turnips right now, but as soon as I sell these off I plan on coming over with some blue pansies and windflowers!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

We only got the 2nd upgrade in an update, and AFAIK there isn't any datamined stuff of it in-code yet so presumably the update after we get to the end of what they recently added (sometime in summer?) might have it added for those who qualify. There is evidence in the files for new types of items that seem like they'll at the very least, necessitate a new section of store.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

There isn't. Not enough furniture in the game to justify it.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I waited an hour to get in and tried for 15 minutes to use the drat code and all I got was a dodo telling me about interference. Someone must've crashed in the game or something.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

New player here:

Can I shake any tree for the daily furniture? Will an empty fruit tree or money tree drop it or does it specifically have to be a hardwood tree?
The five daily wasps and two daily furniture drops will only come from non-fruit trees. I... don't actually know what would happen if you have less than seven total hardwood and cedar trees.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Yeah, huge queue, seems to have crashed out. Also has people listed at 55+ minutes.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Turnips are $588 in Isla Nublar today! Nooks has the book stands and soup kettle as well as a giant stuffed bear.

My wife plays mostly, and loves cooking accessories for her house if you want to bring a gift, or musical instruments for me :)

filling up fast so i'll close gates for a few minutes and let everyone sort things then open again

Any chance of getting the pattern for the Jurassic Park flag?

Also you crashed :(

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

I waited an hour to get in and tried for 15 minutes to use the drat code and all I got was a dodo telling me about interference. Someone must've crashed in the game or something.

I got that the dodo code wasn't valid, so something must have reset it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

well that crashed fast. opening again. BGQ9X

Jurassic Park flag code is ma-1316-1632-7202 mo-j5my-6y3d-6mmd

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

peepsalot posted:

See PGS for turnip code

Also Kicks is here

Thank you so much! Your island rocks! I left some bells for you in your music area

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

\/ doing that now thanks

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 26, 2020

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bottom Liner posted:

paused now before we crash again

Setting up a private island on Turnip Exchange and setting the max number of people allowed at 3 or 4 is a much easier way than just posting the code publicly and trying to control the number of people who visit yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I’m sorry about that. It looks like it crashed and I had to step out for a bit anyway on an emergency. New code is up in the PGS thread. I’ll keep it goon only for prime time.