Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
is it the movie welcome sign or pt? i cant remember now. but uhh this pretty much confirms next months ps5 announcement right. getting sh back in the minds of people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Imhotep posted:

woo!

At least it’s silent hill 3, I knew pyramid head would be the bad guy.
WTF, Pyramid Head is not from Silent Hill 3!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Akuma posted:

WTF, Pyramid Head is not from Silent Hill 3!

well... tbf its debatable if that dude in 3 is him without the helmet or not.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, he's from the movie. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

what if this is another star fox racing thing tho. and leakers mistook a new sh game and ...this is it.

icanttakethisneedstobejunealready :negative:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

jesus, theres a heather outfit too.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1265359723253170177

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GZzaTheHI

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Vikar Jerome posted:

is it the movie welcome sign or pt? i cant remember now. but uhh this pretty much confirms next months ps5 announcement right. getting sh back in the minds of people?

Or they just like free money

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I meant that the trailer shows Heather, but I knew they’d still make Pyramid Head the bad guy despite only being in 2 because what other Silent Hill weirdo are you going to make as the bad guy. Obviously you could pick basically any enemy in any of the games really, but Pyramid Head is probably the most iconic enemy in the SH series.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Imhotep posted:

I meant that the trailer shows Heather, but I knew they’d still make Pyramid Head the bad guy despite only being in 2 because what other Silent Hill weirdo are you going to make as the bad guy. Obviously you could pick basically any enemy in any of the games really, but Pyramid Head is probably the most iconic enemy in the SH series.

i mean the tit nurses are big too but they arnt giant monsters and poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy poo poo so it turns out Arkane did a LOT of work on Bioshock 2, which really makes sense to me. I still think 2 is miles ahead of the others. They did the animation for the Big Sisters and loads of the level designs. That noclip documentary is really good stuff, I love Arkane. Seeing the footage of their Half Life 2 expansion pack is like a dream come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kdqwdbZZ8

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
DBD is just spooky hide and seek. The "survivors" don't get weapons, and instead have to knock pallets over to stop the monster. The monster can't permanently kill anything without putting the survivor in timeout like 4 times. The mechanics in something like the Friday game were way cooler. DBD has a bunch of other licensed stuff if you're into that. Bunch of movie monsters and stuff.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Backward compabtibility on PS5 would be amazing. I use to not care about the feature at all in the past but my gaming habits have changed over time and I tend to replay games a lot more now than before.

Can someone answer how would BC work for digital purchases? You just redownloaded/link your account? Cause I have almost no physical discs for PS4.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh drat, the CODWW2 single player really is dope. The first mission is basically a remake of the legendary Normandy landing mission from that PS2 game where everyone collectively lost their poo poo over how real it felt... I want to say Medal of Honor?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ulio posted:

Can someone answer how would BC work for digital purchases? You just redownloaded/link your account? Cause I have almost no physical discs for PS4.

That's how it works for Xbox. You buy a 360 game as normal through the store and if it works on B/C you can download to the One

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Ulio posted:

Backward compabtibility on PS5 would be amazing. I use to not care about the feature at all in the past but my gaming habits have changed over time and I tend to replay games a lot more now than before.

No one knows, Sony has barely said anything about it. If you'd like a vision of how good BC might work, check out how Xbone does it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ulio posted:

That's pretty much the only way it could work, you would have the same PSN account and your PS4 games would show up as downloadable on PS5. Failing to do this would not only be a PR disaster but also hand an easy win to MS, who would instantly and truthfully announce that this is how it works on Xbox.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

precision posted:

Oh drat, the CODWW2 single player really is dope. The first mission is basically a remake of the legendary Normandy landing mission from that PS2 game where everyone collectively lost their poo poo over how real it felt... I want to say Medal of Honor?

Yes! Allied Assault on PC, not sure what it was called on PS2.
The Omaha beach landing.
I loved COD WW2, the characters are really good

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Vikar Jerome posted:

uhh guess i'll load up lightning returns? i only know that you only play as lightning and can give her different clothes and that alone makes it the best of the 3 imo.

Lighting Returns is by far my favorite of the XIII games. It stars full "This is worst birthday" Snow punch Lightning. Like, she threatens to kill both God and Hope within like ten minutes of the game if they mess with her.

The combat system is very much a rough draft of FFVIIR. Not nearly as visceral, but has a deep combat system based on instant dress sphere changes having whole ability trees on them. I really liked it.

The game is brutally hard though. There's a hard time limit and the battles are fierce. It's like Dragon Quarter where you're supposed to play more than once. Play on easy if you only want one go through.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yes! Allied Assault on PC, not sure what it was called on PS2.
The Omaha beach landing.
I loved COD WW2, the characters are really good

Oh yeah, it was Omaha Beach. Looks like it was called Frontline on PS2. That was the first modern shooter I really enjoyed

With COD it's a bit frustrating because you wish that just once they'd make an epic 30 hour campaign. They certainly have enough money to do it, I would think.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Imhotep posted:

Valtiel or gtfo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

precision posted:

Oh yeah, it was Omaha Beach. Looks like it was called Frontline on PS2. That was the first modern shooter I really enjoyed

With COD it's a bit frustrating because you wish that just once they'd make an epic 30 hour campaign. They certainly have enough money to do it, I would think.

WW2 isn't that long but it's not too short. There's some excellent set pieces and missions in it.
Allied Assault was one of the very first PC games I ever played so to see the difference in the graphics from the two beach landing levels is absolutely mind blowing.

The longest one I remember was Infinite Warfare which was excellent. BLOPS3 SEEMED quite long but I think that was more a really bad difficulty curve.

I wish MW2019 wasn't so short! The game only really shows how good it COULD get toward the end when you're on the massive estate and can do the objectives in any order. I wish the entire game was like that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not trying to poke the bear, but loving lol https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1265394974100795394?s=20

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Allied Assault had it first but then Frontline basically had it again as the first mission lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

univbee posted:

Not trying to poke the bear, but loving lol
Eat poo poo ND.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I really wish we got PS3 backwards compat so I could finally put mine away. The PS5 will have enough power to brute force it, it's just a matter of putting in the work, probably on a per-game basis.

Alternatively, give me PS5 releases of Demon's Souls, MGS 2, 3 and 4, and then I can put it away regardless.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

WW2 isn't that long but it's not too short. There's some excellent set pieces and missions in it.
Allied Assault was one of the very first PC games I ever played so to see the difference in the graphics from the two beach landing levels is absolutely mind blowing.

Does WW2 have any neat bonus modes or is it just campaign/multi?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Does WW2 have any neat bonus modes or is it just campaign/multi?

It has Nazi Zombies but I never tried it!

There was one really fun thing in the multiplayer where one of the classes basically let you hit triangle and get a totally new gun every time so you never knew what gun you'd start with or get. It was really good. Sometimes you might get a machine gun, sometimes a sword. Really good.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

It has Nazi Zombies but I never tried it!

There was one really fun thing in the multiplayer where one of the classes basically let you hit triangle and get a totally new gun every time so you never knew what gun you'd start with or get. It was really good. Sometimes you might get a machine gun, sometimes a sword. Really good.

That sounds awesome, I’ll probably enjoy that zombies mode, and do multiplayer bot stuff to mess around with all that. :woop:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

il serpente cosmico posted:

Alternatively, give me PS5 releases of Demon's Souls, MGS 2, 3 and 4, and then I can put it away regardless.

The steady rate of re-releases has been chipping away at the "I need a PS3 still" library, especially if you're willing to use PS Now or an Xbox One's backwards compatibility. Of the stuff I could think of, a good part of what's left is stuff like niche anime games (e.g. the Tales series, like the Xillia games), certain old fighting games like SoulCalibur V and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Other titles include 3D Dot Game Heroes, NieR (the upcoming NieR: Replicant is apparently a different thing), Drakengard 3, Yakuza: Dead Souls, Lollipop Chainsaw, NCAA Football and Tiger Woods PGA Tour.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Imhotep posted:

Btw Tim Rogers’ 3 hour video on FF7 remake came out and it’s good: https://youtu.be/Hu4H5ykBP0I

It’s excellent! The 3 hours just blew by.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I gave my brother my PS3 for the lockdown and I hope he doesn't break it cos Demon's Souls is on there :magical:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

acksplode posted:

No one knows, Sony has barely said anything about it. If you'd like a vision of how good BC might work, check out how Xbone does it.

Ok nice, don't have a Xbone but if we could get backward compatibility like that it would awesome. Also one of the few things Microsoft did well this gen is backward compatibility improving games performance for certain titles. Like I know you can play Ninja Gaiden at 4k 60fps on Xbone.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Trying to avoid spoilers but also effectively manage my time, I have a question about the endgame of FF7Remake. I'm about to walk through the portal on the highway. If I'm playing on easy and reasonably competent, how much longer should I expect it to take before I'm completely done? I'm hoping to finish it up tonight, but I only have like 2 or 3 hours to play, and I've felt like it was winding down for so long that I don't trust my sense of pacing anymore.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You should definitely finish it in that time. Maybe an hour max left including cutscenes? I’m not even sure it’s that much.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gey muckle mowser posted:

started Sekiro the other day, and holy heck this is hard. it's not helping that I recently played Bloodborne and have to unlearn everything from that. I keep parrying early because I'm used to doing it on the wind-up instead of when an attack connects, and my instinct is to roll/dodge big attacks instead of blocking/deflecting.

Still it's super fun and I'm getting better. The General just past the chained up ogre was giving me serious trouble, but he was good practice for learning to deflect correctly and I was able to get him down after a bunch of tries. Deflecting/countering is so drat satisfying when I get it right, the Mikiri counter especially (even though I haven't got the timing of that one down quite yet)

Remember to go back and grab the bell from the old lady in the busted house near the Crow Merchant.

Feel free to ask here or in the Sekiro thread if you need advice. Hesitation brings defeat.

Imhotep posted:

God drat the vii remake has an incredible ost https://youtu.be/2Vsb5cX4H9s

Yeah, it really hit me by the time I heard this

:o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZ-_0UqNWE

Imhotep posted:

Btw Tim Rogers’ 3 hour video on FF7 remake came out and it’s good: https://youtu.be/Hu4H5ykBP0I

Thanks for the heads up!

ShakeZula posted:

Trying to avoid spoilers but also effectively manage my time, I have a question about the endgame of FF7Remake. I'm about to walk through the portal on the highway. If I'm playing on easy and reasonably competent, how much longer should I expect it to take before I'm completely done? I'm hoping to finish it up tonight, but I only have like 2 or 3 hours to play, and I've felt like it was winding down for so long that I don't trust my sense of pacing anymore.

1 hour.

I gave my brother my PS3 for the lockdown and I hope he doesn't break it cos Demon's Souls is on there :magical:

Oh fuk!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Any reason you couldn't just redownload it to a replacement PS3 if he did gently caress it up?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's no way in hell I'm buying another PS3 in TYOOL 2020

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Escobarbarian posted:

You should definitely finish it in that time. Maybe an hour max left including cutscenes? I’m not even sure it’s that much.

Ok cool, thanks. I told my friend where I was at and he told me to make sure I left myself enough time, and it spooked me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Holy poo poo so it turns out Arkane did a LOT of work on Bioshock 2, which really makes sense to me. I still think 2 is miles ahead of the others. They did the animation for the Big Sisters and loads of the level designs. That noclip documentary is really good stuff, I love Arkane. Seeing the footage of their Half Life 2 expansion pack is like a dream come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kdqwdbZZ8

It's fascinating how that studio kept getting hosed over. Nobody was interested in The Crossing, then they finally found a publisher but those guys demanded a console release to go with it; then they got to be part of EA's weird Spielberg collaboration (which resulted in basically nothing but a bad Wii game) and then Valve lost all interest in making more Half-Life episodes. It's a wonder they ever managed to keep the lights on for long enough to do Dishonored.

(Yes, I realize game studios being screwed with is very standard fare in the industry)