Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Gumball Gumption posted:

Rogan has had on more people talking about Palestine than any mainstream news media and just as many ghouls. He's not good but he's also not very unique.

In short Rogan is a land of contrasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rogan doesn't have many consistent ideological positions, but hating people he describes as "scolds" seems to be one of them. IIRC one of the reasons he said he liked Bernie a lot is because he didn't feel like Bernie was pretending at being some enlightened being shaking his finger at the teeming masses (not his words), and I get that. It's a good way to fit it in your head why somebody who is totally disengaged and scattershot in their beliefs would like Bernie but hate Hillary and Neera

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

rogan is jimmy fallon for bodybuilding.com posters

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

CharlestheHammer posted:

he makes his show a friendly platform to most anyone. the only people I have heard him straight up reject is Biden and crew because he thought they were boring. the only reason Milo and them get more track is the right wing is much better at understanding how to use media while nominal leftists care more about appearing virtuous

yeah, it's this.

i also liked when he had on dave rubin saying contractors don't need GOVERNMENT REGULATION to make them build a house safely, bc the FREE MARKET motivates them to do a good job, rogan immediately calls bullshit and u can see from the look on his face how confused he is to be the smart one in the room. has rogan had marianne on his show? they could swap rubein ownage war stories

Kung Food posted:

Any time Rogan has a lefty guest there will be deep discussions about systematic problems in America and what to do about them and you feel like he actually grew in his view point that day.

Then an episode later he will have on another guest and agree with them that the real problem is those darn SJWs.

Doesn't matter who you get on his show, because part of his problem is he is a rube with a goldfish memory who's view point is based on who he talked to last. Unless it's about weed then he has strong permanent positions.

yup but that's ok. he would have the anti-SJW chud on either way. if some of his massive fanbase gets exposed to real progressive ideas for one show it's a win, even if the majority of them just wind up thinking, "huh, i don't really agree with them, but they aren't as dumb and crazy as steven crowder says they are"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rogan is the fabled bernie bro to trump reactionary pipeline

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If Joe Rogan ever voted I would be shocked

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The best Joe Rogan is one with Graham Hancock, who’s a looney who believes in atlantis and ancient aliens and poo poo, and the reason Joe is into that stuff is because Graham Hancock is way into dmt and mushrooms and they met at a legalization convention and did mushrooms together and Joe loved those mushrooms.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

Christman and Jon bois did do a six part series about MMA and how its development mirrored the stagnation of America, might stick in his goldfish brain for an hour or two

that was felix not christman

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

If you watch News Radio and understand that he’s done a ton he f DMT, you grok who joe Rogan is

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Alan Smithee posted:

Rogan is the fabled bernie bro to trump reactionary pipeline
i think these people are way more common than leftists might want to think

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

cargo cult posted:

Shame on Biden for being a Superfund site of a candidate.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

cargo cult posted:

lol no poo poo you believe that, it's practically all you've been posting about for YEARS

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Doctor Jeep posted:

lol no poo poo you believe that, it's practically all you've been posting about for YEARS
it's objectively true

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cargo cult posted:

it's objectively true

Just because your deluded mind invents a thing, doesn't make it true

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Phi230 posted:

Just because your deluded mind invents a thing, doesn't make it true
the vast (99.98%) majority of white bernie voters just want socialized medicine, as well as empire abroad and genociding the unters at home so even though they wont get medicine with trump they at least get the rest of it and will be happy to vote for him

non-white bernie voters are different

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019
Anybody who is wondering what greentips are

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Doomtalker posted:

Anybody who is wondering what greentips are

Lmao

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

kettleballs? does bari weiss even know what the phrase "toxic masculinity" describes?

so, her actual op-ed doesn't say anything about toxic masculinity, it just calls pharrell williams a beta soyboy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1264939409826361344

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

cargo cult posted:

the vast (99.98%) majority of white bernie voters just want socialized medicine, as well as empire abroad and genociding the unters at home so even though they wont get medicine with trump they at least get the rest of it and will be happy to vote for him

remind me: you were the one convinced that every person under the age of 30 was secretly alt right, yes

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Most Americans don’t want empire abroad as much as they simply don’t care about it at all and find it boring to discuss.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

remind me: you were the one convinced that every person under the age of 30 was secretly alt right, yes

Please stop responding to CC's dumb gently caress posts

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

Please stop responding to CC's dumb gently caress posts

what can I say, I like his stuff

there was a person there, once, with something he believed, and thought should be fought for, and now there is nothing left but a sullen lump of resentment for the idea a better world was ever possible.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

cargo cult posted:

I disagree with this but I respect the hustle of rejecting the pre packaged anti Bernie talking points to come up with your own completely insane position

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

what can I say, I like his stuff

there was a person there, once, with something he believed, and thought should be fought for, and now there is nothing left but a sullen lump of resentment for the idea a better world was ever possible.

Where can I find the Ultra Greatsword this item description is attached to

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

cargo cult posted:

then why did like 90% of them end up voting for hillary in 2016?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Because Hillary was the candidate of empire abroad while Trump was the candidate of genociding at home. Hillary had a proven track record while Trump didn't. Bernie people care about evidence and results in their evil.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Finicums Wake posted:

then why did like 90% of them end up voting for hillary in 2016?

because, unlike bernie, she was actually an option in the election :thunk:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

CharlestheHammer posted:

he makes his show a friendly platform to most anyone. the only people I have heard him straight up reject is Biden and crew because he thought they were boring. the only reason Milo and them get more track is the right wing is much better at understanding how to use media while nominal leftists care more about appearing virtuous

yeah I don't believe him. no way would he turn down Obama's VP so he could interview Jorby Peterson for the fifteenth time about how safe spaces are bad

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I’ll definitely agree that there are Bernie -> Trump voters/converts, as I’ve met them myself. One of my old high school acquaintances is exactly that voter. The thing you have to understand is that they have extremely shallow beliefs and political understanding. This acquaintance of mine was in favor of Bernie because of a vague anti-government sentiment and thought having healthcare would be cool, and he figured Bernie was gonna take the elitist rich down a notch. Then Bernie didn’t get the nomination and Trump was talking about draining the swamp, so he latched onto Trump. This dude also used to regularly link to poo poo by Milo, vague anti-SJW sentiment, and even once requested people donate to Project Veritas for his birthday. He himself is a queer, poly, POC who also happens to be the textbook definition of a limp-wristed soyboy according to his own words, though he seems to not realize this at all

People like that don’t give a gently caress about facts or political theory. They don’t think about any implications of anything. He likes Trump because Trump projects an image of strength and pays lip service to the vague concept of disliking the government. It’s why stupid lib twitter takedowns and gotchas of Trump’s incoherent speeches and tweets is completely worthless, because none of these people give a gently caress about any of it and barely even understand what it means. Bernie actually looked like he wanted to do stuff to help people, but the Dems are completely worthless and spineless for the most part

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ague Proof posted:

yeah I don't believe him. no way would he turn down Obama's VP so he could interview Jorby Peterson for the fifteenth time about how safe spaces are bad

No, that’s exactly the sort of thing he would do.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i have a feeling he's published his final jorp interview.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
but, in a way, isn't our politics like a safe space? huh. and cancel culture, is like losing an election because you quoted Neil Kinnock? that's interesting. Jamie pull that up

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/misstessowen/status/1265399130563719171?s=20

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

this thread talkin about joe rogan while cops fire on unarmed protesters in minneapolis and boogaloo accelerationists try to escalate things into race war

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"Did you see that cop's submission move with the knee? Jamie pull that poo poo up"

I don't know if Joe is pro cop or not just sounded like something he'd say

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

rogan is jimmy fallon for bodybuilding.com posters

Rogan's audience is way way way bigger than fallon's. Fallon is Rogan but for upper management types.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Christman and Jon bois did do a six part series about MMA and how its development mirrored the stagnation of America, might stick in his goldfish brain for an hour or two

Fighting in the Age of Loneliness.

Worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNB6tlSZ2A

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Terrible Opinions posted:

Because Hillary was the candidate of empire abroad while Trump was the candidate of genociding at home. Hillary had a proven track record while Trump didn't. Bernie people care about evidence and results in their evil.
:hai:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Speaking of which even in the most recent election its is pretty impressive that the Dems are coming at Trump on his strength. Cause while his genocide at home is certainly showier Biden's slavery revival through prison labor is undeniably stronger long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Call Your Grandma posted:

i have a feeling he's published his final jorp interview.

They're on much more of an even footing now, intellectually speaking.