Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Final size for the NA client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Great, that will only take me...34 hours to download :(

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Has anyone figured out how to download this in europe? I changed my region but the Windows store just hangs and eventually fails when I try to start the download.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Restart your PC?

I'm UK, switched region to US and didnt have to restart the windows store, but might be worth a try

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Well since im already doing gunner and hunter as two of my mains i feel i need to switch my hunter over to wired lance now for that sick rear end claw camo. Twin machine guns aint so bad either.

Any Ship 1 Feoh people out here in goon land? I know Ship 2 is the official goon ship, but i ended up on Feoh cause of the beta rush to ship 2.

Also anyone get any good character pics?

Talkc fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 27, 2020

Hawke
May 1, 2008
If you're having trouble installing I just went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/phantasy-star-online-2/9P1RSQ5MGPCR/ in a browser and clicked install then it started downloading just fine on my EU PC.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Hawke posted:

If you're having trouble installing I just went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/phantasy-star-online-2/9P1RSQ5MGPCR/ in a browser and clicked install then it started downloading just fine on my EU PC.

That worked to start the download, but now I'm stuck in some kind of endless hellscape where the download gets stuck at 72mb downloaded, I have to reboot my computer, and the process repeats. I'm in the community discord and it seems that a lot of people have this issue, so I guess it's just the microsoft store being poo poo.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Final size for the NA client.

Welp, see y’all in four days then!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I got it installed and past the next hurdle of unchecking write-only on the PSO2 folder (lmao vintage Windows), but it's now at the part where the launcher updates itself and then throws out an error.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

https://gist.github.com/HybridEidolon/b809b1ac781c18461b8106da402c8f18

Here's an apparentl solution to 1813.

I tried the alt installation method and my launcher won't even work, so your mileage may very.

Christ, how does Sega gently caress up a release of a pc game that's been out for 8 years?!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Well, I managed to download and install it (after having to mess with the read-only folder lol) but it shows all the ships as offline for me.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Infinity Gaia posted:

Well, I managed to download and install it (after having to mess with the read-only folder lol) but it shows all the ships as offline for me.

Maintenance still has another 30 minutes before Ships are scheduled to be back online.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Maintenance still has another 30 minutes before Ships are scheduled to be back online.

I figured it'd be something like that. Oh well, it gives people time to figure out whatever obstacles Windows is gonna put in their way.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Before I jump into this is there any way to irreparably screw up my character? I know basically nothing about the game, are there skills and respecing?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

No one putting up referral codes? Here's mine for Ship 2: 10496505

Someone, give me yours so I can get badges and get hats? Clothes? I dunno what's in the badge shop but I cannot be deterred.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If I want to be the biggest robot with the biggest sword/gun what class do I play? I'm liking that the races are humans, not-elves, robots, and not-demons.

edit; okay the robot customisation is pretty bad so i guess i'm forced to be a prettyboy.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 27, 2020

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Alright, 'Mate'

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hmm, I have it installed, but when I try to launch it nothing happens. Why does the Windows Store never work properly for me :(

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm stuck at work, but I guess that gives my computer at home time to download the client :v:

I'm excited to get into the game for real, with acceptable framerates and control schemes, and an actually legible UI.

I'll hop into the discord when I get home, because I'm definitely gonna need to refresh my understanding of what I'm doing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

fadam posted:

Before I jump into this is there any way to irreparably screw up my character? I know basically nothing about the game, are there skills and respecing?

You can screw over your character's battle efficiency without consulting a guide on where to put your skill points. No respecs so far, but the option of having skill builds per class for 500 AC.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

fadam posted:

The only two ways are your Mag and your class' skill tree. Both can be fixed (buy a new Mag or sacrifice excubes (decently common lategame currency), class reset passes which are semi-regularly given out anyway or you can pay a buck or something).

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
FF14 EU folk are jumping onto Ship 2 (Ur) - anyone wanna post their character/referral code before I get my character on board?

Hypocrisy posted:

No one putting up referral codes? Here's mine for Ship 2: 10496505

Someone, give me yours so I can get badges and get hats? Clothes? I dunno what's in the badge shop but I cannot be deterred.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oi its the bloody falspawn guv'nah. Buncha wankers eh.

On a serious note I'm kinda disappointed you don't seem to be able to assign actions to a lot of keys? I've tried it for arrow keys and the Home/End etc stuff and it doesn't work. :(

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Anyone found a way of downloading it outside the US?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Idioteque Dance posted:

FF14 EU folk are jumping onto Ship 2 (Ur) - anyone wanna post their character/referral code before I get my character on board?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mine is 10492619

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

StabMasterArson posted:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/phantasy-star-online-2/9p1rsq5mgpcr?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
then use "Add to cart" and do the checkout thing, it'll get added to your Microsoft Store library after

nyttyn posted:

Mine is 10492619
This worked, thanks!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

StabMasterArson posted:

I got it through navigating with a browser instead of the built in store app.

Edit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/phantasy-star-online-2/9p1rsq5mgpcr#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Idioteque Dance posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah...I didn't make a character because I wanted to see if someone would drop their referral code first. But...it'll work soonish.

nyttyn posted:

Mine is 10492619

Thanks!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I had to gently caress with powershell to install windows store but I'm now at the point where the launcher is throwing numbers at me and I can only assume that means progress is being made

looking forward to maybe playing with you guys sometime this decade :confuoot:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol at the 30 dollar cosmetic pack to look like PSO1

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Thanks, just got that working after setting PC region to US. Now it tells me to pick a hard drive with enough space except no matter what I pick, pressing install does nothing :v:

CyberGeist
Aug 31, 2001
WORTHLESS
Adding Referral Code as well: 10507235

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

how are the kb/m controls for this?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Referral code is 10491348 if anyone needs one.

Man this game is overwhelming at first, even having played it in JP a while back. Takes a while to get bearings.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
The OP says you can focus on a single weapon as Braver. I always like playing ranged classes, is there any reason to pick one over the other between Braver using bows vs a Ranger?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

The OP says you can focus on a single weapon as Braver. I always like playing ranged classes, is there any reason to pick one over the other between Braver using bows vs a Ranger?

Most bows are gonna have a dex requirement, and braver has a skill that converts dex on a mag into both s-atk and r-atk damage types

It's been a long time since I've played on JP but I'm pretty sure my mag was an even split between dex/s-atk (mel-atk now?) for my katana braver. I'm probably just gonna go pure dex this time with an eye toward phantom down the road.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Planning on jumping into this since only playing the JP version for a few hours, I'm pretty excited! Referral code is 10515364 for anyone interested.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Boy, my antivirus really doesn't like the anti-cheat. Keeps blocking it poking at a host file.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this game coming out like....seven years after stalling out of an official English client, but I am glad to finally play this dumb anime game thing "for real"!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Okay, everything's installed, the game launches, and... I can't do anything. I can't press enter or click on the 'press enter' button. Nothing happens. Tab does nothing. Has anyone had a similar issue?

edit: I restarted my computer and now the launcher won't even launch. :negative:

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 27, 2020