Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
if elon blows up a rocket full of astronauts and they still don't pull their spacex contracts so he can keep blowing them up ill be forced to respect him :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I hope it goes well so it inflates Musk's ego for a bigger fall later.

People shouldn't die for Musk.

I hope it goes well so one of Elon's products doesn't kill more people than they already have.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I was told that Alex from The Expanse was going to be on this pre-show who are all these NASA people

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Dustcat posted:

or you know any kind of thrust that rotates or accelerates the ship laterally is going to jostle your arm relative to the screen

i dunno how big those forces are though, so maybe they're small enough that it's just mildly annoying, and not something that they have to grab edge of the screen with their other hand to control

I just had this hilarious thought of the astronauts unable to activate something because they can't do a pinch or a spread motion on it. Or if the screen locked and could only be unlocked by fingerprints like a cell phone lol

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Why the gently caress does it need a touch screen. Give them a loving flight-stick jesus h christ.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ramadu posted:

I just had this hilarious thought of the astronauts unable to activate something because they can't do a pinch or a spread motion on it. Or if the screen locked and could only be unlocked by fingerprints like a cell phone lol

Part of the preflight involves screaming at a camera so the face unlock is able to recognize the astronauts is an emergency.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
I can't (and don't want to search) through all the pages to find the website list of the Elon musk failures. Can someone please share it with me. All this rocket talk today has got the muskrats coming out of the woodwork to defend his honor...

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

IKillForPie posted:

I can't (and don't want to search) through all the pages to find the website list of the Elon musk failures. Can someone please share it with me. All this rocket talk today has got the muskrats coming out of the woodwork to defend his honor...

dude he literally thinks coivd-19 is a hoax and we should open er up lmao

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

IKillForPie posted:

https://elonmusk.today/

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
stankmemes dot com oh yeah

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

Lady Militant posted:

dude he literally thinks coivd-19 is a hoax and we should open er up lmao

You don't have to tell me, I'm here making sure to get my daily dose of musk lols and genuinely hoping that this rocket doesn't explode into a thousand bits for the love of science, and not musk

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

An insane mind posted:

Why the gently caress does it need a touch screen. Give them a loving flight-stick jesus h christ.

Can’t wait for the gforces to gently caress up the touchscreen calibration and it registers a touch wrong that spikes the rocket into the ground. Everything about this has been designed for appearance and not function. It’s the most American, capitalist thing that could have come out of this hell time line for space :laffo:

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
launch america...into the sun

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Can’t wait for the gforces to gently caress up the touchscreen calibration and it registers a touch wrong that spikes the rocket into the ground. Everything about this has been designed for appearance and not function. It’s the most American, capitalist thing that could have come out of this hell time line for space :laffo:

introducing the spaceX dragon 2.0 with wii controllers.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

don't worry, in an emergency they break a glass panel and get access to some bluetooth gamepads

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God drat, it looks incredibly overcast right now.

Radirot posted:

introducing the spaceX dragon 2.0 with wii controllers.

Lol, cockpit shot shows both of them pumping their arms up and down faster and faster, matching their timing to an onscreen Wii Fit Trainer to make rocket go up.

Proteus Jones has issued a correction as of 20:35 on May 27, 2020

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oxsnard posted:

someone standing next to him was like "oh that must be the stage 1 rockets detaching" and my dad said "no i think the whole thing just blew up"

lol that was my mom's reaction when we were watching it from the other side of the state, 'wow we can see it separate this time'

I was about 2 years old so I remember little else other than her being all "oh my god" when we got back in and saw what actually happened

FAUXTON has issued a correction as of 20:36 on May 27, 2020

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

lol that was my mom's reaction when we were watching it from the other side of the state, 'wow we can see it separate this time'

I was about 2 years old so I remember little else other than her being all "oh my god" when we got back in and saw what actually happened

I was 2 as well and we lived fairly close to the launch site but I don't remember any of it

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Dustcat posted:

or you know any kind of thrust that rotates or accelerates the ship laterally is going to jostle your arm relative to the screen

i dunno how big those forces are though, so maybe they're small enough that it's just mildly annoying, and not something that they have to grab edge of the screen with their other hand to control

I’m sure it’s all been accounted for.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I think the funniest thing that would happen would be if it goes well but news is too busy talking about the Minneapolis riots and that pisses off Trump and/or Musk.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

oxsnard posted:

I was 2 as well and we lived fairly close to the launch site but I don't remember any of it

I was six and one of the kids who was watching it live on TV in the classroom. It was ah...yeah.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
It kinda sucks that the astronauts have to sit there for so long before launch. I'd have to pee.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

It kinda sucks that the astronauts have to sit there for so long before launch. I'd have to pee.

They just let loose in their suits.

Well the old ones. I dunno how Elon disrupted space diaper tech

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

There's probably a touchscreen in their space pants too.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

SelenicMartian posted:

There's probably a touchscreen in their space pants too.

well there's a self-inserting catheter, but it mistakes your nuts for a traffic cone

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Cthulu Carl posted:

They just let loose in their suits.

Well the old ones. I dunno how Elon disrupted space diaper tech

He said diapers are for babies and took them away so they are going to poop their suits.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Stay safe, astronaut ghosts.

ETA: I really do hope this goes well, and the astronauts are fine.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Escape system armed. They're about to pump it with fuel.

""The safest launch vehicle ever blown"?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cthulu Carl posted:

I dunno how Elon disrupted space diaper tech

He's been doing extensive testing on twitter

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I think the funniest thing that would happen would be if it goes well but news is too busy talking about the Minneapolis riots and that pisses off Trump and/or Musk.

:yossame:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

saw this on the twitter and thought of you guys https://twitter.com/ShortingIsFun/status/1265736753761136640

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i think i just heard them abort

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Launch aborted

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
boo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mission scrubbed but I have an inkling musk is gonna try to force it through anyways

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I guess you can dusk the Musk

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

mission scrubbed but I have an inkling musk is gonna try to force it through anyways

Not a chance. That's not how these things work.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The touchscreen involves swiping around menus as well lol

great idea for when you are pulling gee's and lose telemetry+remote control

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

a neurotic ai posted:

Not a chance. That's not how these things work.

I know that, and you know that, but Musk probably doesn't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm watching the coverage on Science Channel because I hate myself and it will force me to keep working and LOL that Katy Perry has a more stable teleconference connection than Adam Savage in his space nerd cosplay.

Thats because Katy Perry is a consummate professional and Adam Savage is a moron who injured himself wiping down a spinning lathe