Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll defer. I have no idea why Brodie Lee of all people would get that but I don't pretend to understand the "logic" of racism any more than I pretend to know the whole vast lexicon of terrible words people use for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Someone should tell Cornette that nowadays eggplant just means penis.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

"eggplant is a boring, bland alternative to meat in dishes*" so when someone has no charisma or flavor they're "an eggplant."

Take back what you said about eggplants, you son of a bitch.

The majority of eggplant I've eaten in my life was deep fried so it's not like I ever tasted it for real, either.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 28, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
eggplant parmigiana is a top tier dish when made right

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, there was an asterisk. I used to love eggplant. I still do but it makes my mouth feel fuzzy.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I really don't want to have to defend Cornette from accusations of doing racisms, but the context of "he has the charisma of an eggplant" is clearly "he has the charisma of a vegetable." I know bigotry defies logic, but I don't think he's calling a white dude from Rochester an anti-black racial slur.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Hey, there was an asterisk. I used to love eggplant. I still do but it makes my mouth feel fuzzy.

You know what, I get that same weird feeling in my mouth when I eat it but it's kind of prickly. Maybe I'm slightly allergic to eggplant.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

CombineThresher posted:

Is his twitchcast as much of a glorious mess as Raven's podcast? Could such a thing even be possible?

Jens is a cool guy who gives a mix of old school UFC stories and opinions about modern fights, and he splits his time streaming videogames and streaming his reactions to ufc/streetbeefs/old kickboxing fights

A much better dude than this thread's namesake idiot cheeseburger golem

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I think I played Jens Pulver in a clanmatch of Call of Duty: United Offensive back in like 2004 back when TeamWarfare League was still around.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CombineThresher posted:

"Outlaw mud show" refers to z-tier wrestling shows put on by promoters who weren't sanctioned by the NWA and were sometimes held outdoors because they weren't wealthy or well-connected enough to secure a building. Cornette conveniently forgets all the state fairs he and the Midnlght Express wrestled in that were essentially the same thing, even though he's mentioned them in shoot interviews before.

It's also a ridiculous backfire because "outlaw mud show" sounds hella cool.

"Hey, do you want to go to this local wrestling show?" - yeah, maybe, do I know anyone on the card?

"Hey, do you want to go to this outlaw mud show?" - gently caress yes, already in the car.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lamuella posted:

"Hey, do you want to go to this local wrestling show?" - yeah, maybe, do I know anyone on the card?

"Hey, do you want to go to this outlaw mud show?" - gently caress yes, already in the car.

Yeah as usual Cornette's "you know what's cool? The SYSTEM and its RULES" stance on wrestling sounds absolutely stupid when applied to anything modern.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Lamuella posted:

GCW coopted it for their own merch a while ago, maybe over a year at this point, and it seems like he has no idea.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I actually used to agree with him about too many MOVES ~! & whatnot but he's such a prick that I now see every no-sell as a victory for the forces of good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh but seriously I posted:

I actually used to agree with him about too many MOVES ~! & whatnot but he's such a prick that I now see every no-sell as a victory for the forces of good.

its like Russo when he goes on about logical consistency. I find myself going "yeah stuff should make sense" but then I remember its Russo saying this.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Unperson_47 posted:

You know what, I get that same weird feeling in my mouth when I eat it but it's kind of prickly. Maybe I'm slightly allergic to eggplant.

Oral Allergy Syndrome is a thing! I am allergic to raw carrots (the protein I'm allergic to breaks down with heat so I can and do eat cooked/roasted carrots multiple times a week) and it's usually just raw fruits/nuts/vegetables, but maybe you're both the exception.

I once bought some big gnarly carrots from a farmer's market on a hot July day and took them home and started peeling/chopping the carrots and wiped my face and had an allergic reaction to the point that one eye swelled shut and the other was blood red.

Maybe this is Cornette's tragic secret origin, he had an allergic reaction to a crudite platter backstage in Crockett and vowed that day he would never eat anything but gross-rear end fast food hamburgers and Sprite from this day forward.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
brian last filling his diaper because jericho basically said cornette and anybody who didn't like the stadium stampede was a soulless joyless curmudgeon is some real good poo poo

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/thejimcornette/status/1266714091776770048

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"outlaw mud show" at least sounds like there will be sprint cars and swamp buggies there or some other cool poo poo

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I want a cinematic match to take place during nascar

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Why does Jim hate Trump?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fatherofmustard posted:

Why does Jim hate Trump?

trump does his act better

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cornette is bad and racist in a lot of ways, but also hates Republicans and Trump. He's a case of there being more than two extremes or just black and white. Some good views, some stuff on one side, but a lot of bad stuff on the other side.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Trump’s in the wrong racist tribe

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I kinda feel sorry for this guy who will be forever known as “the worst person you know” :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

I kinda feel sorry for this guy who will be forever known as “the worst person you know” :(

i just see H Jon Benjamin every time i look at that pic

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I see the dude from the band Live

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I thought it was Moby

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

fatherofmustard posted:

Why does Jim hate Trump?

mega jealousy

like ridiculous huge jealousy

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Cornette is the type that thinks calling himself a Democrat literally makes it impossible for him to be a racist

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Seams posted:

I thought he was the other person implied in the headline, who just realized the validity of the worst person’s point

explains his facial expression, imo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember Cornette vocally supported Obama all through his presidency, so maybe he's just selective with his buffoonery

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it’s true to say that Cornette is liberal on a lot of stuff but is also the kind of rear end in a top hat who thinks that “I voted for Obama” gives him a pass on all the other stuff especially the racism.

Whether you think that was his intention and the whole thing is performative or just Cornette being a middle of the road guy and a prick is up for interpretation.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
all you really need to know is he's a huge bill maher fan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

They are the same person.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

To add to the choir: Yes, this. All of his political rants have always been wrapping Bill Maher talking points into a southern rasslin promo. He got some attention from mainstreamish liberal outlets at first for the "novelty" of a southerner with something of a gift for gab ranting about how much Republicans suck, but it's never not been Bill Maher cosplay. So that Cornette has become more openly and obviously racist as Bill Maher has become more openly and obviously racists shouldn't really surprise anyone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

To add to the choir: Yes, this. All of his political rants have always been wrapping Bill Maher talking points into a southern rasslin promo. He got some attention from mainstreamish liberal outlets at first for the "novelty" of a southerner with something of a gift for gab ranting about how much Republicans suck, but it's never not been Bill Maher cosplay. So that Cornette has become more openly and obviously racist as Bill Maher has become more openly and obviously racists shouldn't really surprise anyone.

Yeah I remember when Citizen Radio had Cornette on and then 5 weeks later they offhandedly mentioned what a terrible mistake it was. I'm not even sure what's up with that podcast anymore both the hosts were kinda bugfuck.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jim is exactly the kind of guy who says "I would've voted for Obama a third time if I could"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

Jim is exactly the kind of guy who says "I would've voted for Obama a third time if I could"

Before lobotomizing a black person so he can augment the brain of Mike Mondo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cornette type guy obama racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cornette eat too much beef can't poop, hahahahaaha stupid bastard.