Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, the Crimson is basically just purple, but red. Once you do that, it usually goes Dungeon, Underworld, Mechanical Bosses (must be manually summoned) Jungle, Jungle Temple (it's new), Dungeon again, End Boss.

It's not a bad idea to maybe look up a progression guide. The game really has changed a lot and if you didn't even know about the Crimson, there are a ton of new mechanics and tools you would never have run into before.

I looked 1 up but it was rather vague, I think maybe it was also old.

Am in jungle now, but will just kill Crimson boss (I assume it also spawns after 3rd broken orb).

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Plantera seems like it requires a lot more planning and digging out than I like to do. Which I guess makes sense, but also, sigh, ya got me.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Plantera seems like it requires a lot more planning and digging out than I like to do. Which I guess makes sense, but also, sigh, ya got me.

Not necessarily - a sufficiently large natural cave will be fine as long as you've got decent wings and hooks for mobility.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Jungle Temple (it's new),

Ah, I came across a wall exploring the jungle that wasn't the dungeon but was impenetrable even by explosives. I guess this was it? Does it spawn on world gen or after hardmode?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Turns out one can kill hallowed/corrupt mimics rather effortlessly with a unicorn or WoF goat mount.. since it can go faster than their leap flight. I just go up from the underworld mining shards and killing stuff until I see one, aggro it with the starfury, then drop down and flee. Killed about 4 so far and it's quite fun.

Not sorry I chose a master mode world.. yet. It's certainly interesting.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

codo27 posted:

Ah, I came across a wall exploring the jungle that wasn't the dungeon but was impenetrable even by explosives. I guess this was it? Does it spawn on world gen or after hardmode?
It's always there, but you can only access it with a special key that drops from the Jungle boss. It's impossible to get into before that point. There should be a door near its top that you can get at but can't open. That's the entrance.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Anyone interested in getting a group together? Haven't touched the game since 2013 but I remember how grindy the game is solo. Discord's Nalesh#5534

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nalesh posted:

Anyone interested in getting a group together? Haven't touched the game since 2013 but I remember how grindy the game is solo. Discord's Nalesh#5534

Come back in an hour and join the frenzy on my server, it should be...interesting

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
does anyone know why this isn't considered valid housing

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

NotNut posted:

is that big enough?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
7w5h should be big enough but it might be counting it as part of a separate, already-existing house because of the Wood Platforms on the floor and ceiling

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

NotNut posted:

If I remember right a house needs to have a 2 wide by 3 tall block of squares that has solid floors, contains no furniture, and wouldn't be opened into by a door. The room might become valid if you moved the workbench one block to the left.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Workbench not a valid table iirc

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Workbenches definitely count. I've built 3 by 11 sized rooms with nothing but a chair, a workbench and two platform tiles to count as the necessary "door" to the room before and they were considered valid, so just having platforms shouldn't be the problem. Still, might be worth at least trying to replacing them with wood blocks to see if that does anything.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

GodFish posted:

Workbench not a valid table iirc

it is

Paper Tiger posted:

If I remember right a house needs to have a 2 wide by 3 tall block of squares that has solid floors, contains no furniture, and wouldn't be opened into by a door. The room might become valid if you moved the workbench one block to the left.

okay, moving the workbench made this into valid housing but how is this house valid then? the whole floor is occupied with furniture. or is a loom not furniture?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

How do you beat the golem in 1.4?

Every time I search for it there are a bunch of cheesy strategies that apparently don't work in 1.4 so what are you meant to do? I can dodge his fists well enough but once he starts shooting lazers that pass through all walls I just get shot to poo poo and die.

I have turtle armour and a death sickle. Seem to be decent for this stage in the game from what I've read?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Turtle Armor is fine, but the death sickle is a blood moon weapon, so basically something you can get basically right from the moment you get into hardmode. It's really way outclassed at that point, in terms of base damage. You should try switching to some Chlorophyte weaponry and see if that helps any.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

NotNut posted:

it is

okay, moving the workbench made this into valid housing but how is this house valid then? the whole floor is occupied with furniture. or is a loom not furniture?

On the first one the chest (well, the platforms suspending the chest) was blocking having a 2wide3high spot with solid floor. No such problem on #2.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Projectiles that go through walls should never have been

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

WEEKEND FRENZY IS OPEN

https://i.imgur.com/q4Hn5P4.gifv

Time to go nuts! This weekend only! Get in here and tear this place apart or build it up, the goal is to do whatever the hell you want...just go apeshit. Let's goooooo

Server info:
Server: goon.nodecraft.gg
Port: 7777
Pass: g00nz

Semi-live map at http://terragoons.website/The_Strong_Dump.html

Current state of the world as of the moment you load this post:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 30, 2020

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Chalks posted:

How do you beat the golem in 1.4?

Every time I search for it there are a bunch of cheesy strategies that apparently don't work in 1.4 so what are you meant to do? I can dodge his fists well enough but once he starts shooting lazers that pass through all walls I just get shot to poo poo and die.

I have turtle armour and a death sickle. Seem to be decent for this stage in the game from what I've read?

I found the Megashark with chlorophyte bullets to trivialize this, and most, boss fights up to here. After Golem this stops being true.

As for dodging lasers, I found that flying in arcs above and around him allowed me to keep firing my homing shark storm long enough to destroy him before he killed me.

Lordshmee fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 30, 2020

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
looks like we broke the server

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
that was fast

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I was literally just about to jump on too.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It’s up again

Probably need to have it periodically settle liquids or something. Memory usage was pegged.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I joined the server and immediately fell into an infinite abyss of blackness.

10/10

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

master mode just adds pets and trophies, expert mode changes the AI and makes them formidable opponents and gives you a lot of cool accessories

Don't forget the black spot mount you can only get on master mode and the seventh accessory slot. It's worth it to play on master just for that mount alone

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So uh, I tried starting my world and it said "load failed! No backup file found!"

I had it on the cloud and everything. What the hell?

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
is there a way to make NPCs move their fat asses

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You can assign them to a particular room, but otherwise, not really. Getting as far away from them as possible helps, they just pop over into their new location after a point.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cuntellectual posted:

I joined the server and immediately fell into an infinite abyss of blackness.

10/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejC2wzEOHcs

Four hours and there's almost nothing left. Not bad!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Tried out the Old One's Army minigame and boy is it boring.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Tried out the Old One's Army minigame and boy is it boring.

yeah its a dungeon defenders 2 crossover, its going to be boring

e: its nuts how after all this time they haven't added a lot more bosses. I miss thorium already.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

the way to doge golem’s lasers is to always be moving in an arch above him. you’re essentially circle strafing him. i find the fireballs to be the big problem since they’re really unpredictable

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

watho posted:

the way to doge golem’s lasers is to always be moving in an arch above him. you’re essentially circle strafing him. i find the fireballs to be the big problem since they’re really unpredictable

I just cheese the fireballs by hammering stairs next to walls on either side of my golem arena, so they pass through the wall but can’t return on a bounce.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

For some reason I was able to kill the Wall of Flesh on my first try, but on every attempt since then I've failed. On the kill I had full Jungle with a demon scythe and a book of skulls, and now I have full Titanium with a Crystal Serpent so I don't know why I'm struggling now.Same buff potions and everything.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Easy, demon scythe pierces but crystal fish magic doesn't. The wall loves to block with all of its leech guys and tentacle mouths. Get a weapon that pierces.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lordshmee posted:

I found the Megashark with chlorophyte bullets to trivialize this, and most, boss fights up to here. After Golem this stops being true.

As for dodging lasers, I found that flying in arcs above and around him allowed me to keep firing my homing shark storm long enough to destroy him before he killed me.

Amazing, thanks, the megashark tactic was the one :)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fishron is an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Cuntellectual posted:

So uh, I tried starting my world and it said "load failed! No backup file found!"

I had it on the cloud and everything. What the hell?

"IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING SAVE CORRUPTION posted:

***Once a world is loaded in this corrupt state, and saved, this silent fail causes the loss of valuable information that can help us track down the problem. In 1.4.0.4 we added code that stops the loading once the fail is detected. This is why it appears that 1.4.0.4 is causing issues, when it is actually just flagging/blocking the issue above***

We are doing our best to track this issue down ASAP. If you have worlds that failed loading, PLEASE report these on the forums and attach both the .wld and .bak files to your report. This will be a tremendous help in tracking down and squashing this nasty bug, and we would greatly appreciate it!

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/journeys-end-bug-reports.219/