Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Final Fantasy 6 literally has one of the main characters thinking about how he'd totally go after a 10 year old if she was just a bit older.

(FF6 is my favorite FF game but any interaction between Edgar and Relm is Creepy.)

I always forget that Edgar is supposed to be a perv because I don’t feel it comes out that often, that and the translator seems to have made an effort to downplay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I always forget that Edgar is supposed to be a perv because I don’t feel it comes out that often, that and the translator seems to have made an effort to downplay it.

It helps that Edgar being a creep is like 10 lines in a 30+ hour game with a cast of like 14 characters.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He was always trying to drill anything that moves

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Odd Mutant posted:

should I take the 100,000G stimulus check for owning xb2? Or is it going to ruin the pace of the early game?

A lot of early game sidequests, of which there are a massive number, offer you gold as rewards, often totaling in the thousands. Having an extra 100k isn't gonna make or break you early on if you intend to do lots of quests, I see at worst feeling disincentivized to do gold-only quests from unnamed npcs, but it's not like 100k is all you ever need so that still probably is not the case.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hey so like, is there any reason I should *not* get Xenoblade Chronicles on the Switch?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hey so like, is there any reason I should *not* get Xenoblade Chronicles on the Switch?

If you played it already in the last year, maybe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

If you like JRPGs, honestly, no. It isn't flawless but the new version fixes some of the worst parts of it.

daphrot
Apr 1, 2018
if i have the space for it, is the borderlands collection a good digital buy?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

It might not be Reyn time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LODGE NORTH posted:

It’s still the best version compared to Wii and 3DS, if that’s what you mean. I’ve been hearing nothing but praise for it here since it’s original European Wii release so I’m excited to finally play it.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

daphrot posted:

It seems like a good port. Native Rez, locked 30fps, gyro controls.

But, personally speaking after playing all 3, only the first game is good (in a fun veggin’ out looter shooter kinda way) while the other two are meh.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

LODGE NORTH posted:

Perhaps you're not really feeling it?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How are the Bioshock ports? I kinda want it just to play 2, which I missed. gently caress Infinite.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
I picked up Minecraft Dungeons to play with my son and the frame rate in local multiplayer is loving awful. Is this a known issue and what’s the likelihood this ever gets fixed?

If I’d known it ran like boiled rear end with more than one person playing I wouldn’t have picked it up

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Odd Mutant posted:

It seems like a good port. Native Rez, locked 30fps, gyro controls.

But, personally speaking after playing all 3, only the first game is good (in a fun veggin’ out looter shooter kinda way) while the other two are meh.

I don't understand this; I've played 1 and vastly prefer 2, as it does everything 1 did, but waaaaay more. Did I miss something?

I fully get how people can have preferences, of course, but between bl1 and bl2, I just felt that the second one made the first obsolete by basically being the same, but more.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is the X-COM 2 port for the Switch any good? I'm sort of considering it but man XCOM 2 is not a game I associate with stability.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you played it already in the last year, maybe

I 100%ed it last year and I still paid out for a collector's edition copy. Heck yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

I 100%ed it last year and I still paid out for a collector's edition copy. Heck yeah.

Hence the maybe :v:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Might pick it up now. I never played the original, but I remember a friend of a friend putting some mod on it through Dolphin to make it look nice. I played maybe 15 minutes of it that way. I did just cop both of the newer Shantae games, but I imagine I can get through those relatively quickly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Is the X-COM 2 port for the Switch any good? I'm sort of considering it but man XCOM 2 is not a game I associate with stability.

Someone posted a performance review earlier. It struggles to stay at 30fps but otherwise it’s xcom on the go.

I’m still playing Chimera Squad on PC so I’m in no rush. I’ll wait for a sale because $50 for XCOM+WOTC is insane.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Xcom but I should probably finish my copy of Mario Rabbids first.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand this; I've played 1 and vastly prefer 2, as it does everything 1 did, but waaaaay more. Did I miss something?

I fully get how people can have preferences, of course, but between bl1 and bl2, I just felt that the second one made the first obsolete by basically being the same, but more.

BL2 is way more conservative with purple+ weapons, weapons on average handle worse due to the additional gimmicks, the writing is more obnoxious, classes are less self-synergy, the campaign feels like more of a slog, so on and so on.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone posted a performance review earlier. It struggles to stay at 30fps but otherwise it’s xcom on the go.

I’m still playing Chimera Squad on PC so I’m in no rush. I’ll wait for a sale because $50 for XCOM+WOTC is insane.

I'll probably wait on the sale too but I'm glad to hear it's at least solid.

I still have Xenoblade to get through so, uh, no rush.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anyone need a Switch?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I feel sorry for the family but I'm not touching anything owned by a defiant showershitting whippersnapper.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Taking the Switch away for a few days every time he takes a poo poo in the shower might be an effective threat that gets him to stop. Actually selling it is basically giving him full license to poo poo in the shower whenever he feels like it. After all, a deal's a deal.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

ImpAtom posted:

Only a few missions in, and have only played in handheld, but I'm pretty impressed with the performance so far, given it seems to have lots of the shading and visual effects of the PC version, and runs pretty drat smoothly, only with only very occasional frame hitches on closeups.

Though my previous experience with this game was it running like absolute rear end on my then midrange gaming PC and decent laptop, so I'm easily impressed by the effective level of optimisation done.

They've really did a fantastic job optimising this one.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Anyone try Cumbros? I’m curious how realistic the shooting rope part is.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Odd Mutant posted:

I went with XBDE after comparing XB2 and DQXI blown up on my TV. XB2 is a little blurry but still okay, DQXI is a mosaic mess.

Plus DQXI and TMS:FE are probably due for a sale sooner than XBDE.

TMS was on sale a few weeks ago. Deku is showing it was $41.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The bug game is good so far. I like the hard mode badge a lot, makes the game pretty challenging. The story seems pretty cute so far. The walk speed could be a little faster but thats only been a nuisance in the too big hub area that has a bunch of fetch quests. Theres one quest that literally comes out and says "you'll be back in the castle later in the story, don't waste your time with this now"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guys why are you playing with my heart like this?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The game was CLImbros, with very unfortunate kerning

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Cumbros were inside your heart the whole time

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

daphrot posted:

No.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you want a true looter shooter play Void Bastards :D

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fresh from an uncle at Nintendo: four leaked games

Nintendo has 4 games coming out in the future you guys!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

Fresh from an uncle at Nintendo: four leaked games

Nintendo has 4 games coming out in the future you guys!

Is this even technically news? Its not like Nintendo announced they were done making video games forever. I always assumed they might release a video game at some point in the future.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I always assumed they might release a video game at some point in the future.

No, this is it for video games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Video games had a good run.

It's all spread sheets and documents from here on out gang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rutibex posted:

Is this even technically news? Its not like Nintendo announced they were done making video games forever. I always assumed they might release a video game at some point in the future.

Animal Crossing came out they're packing it in forever