Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Safety Factor posted:

Remember when that weird Aussie was in here ranting about how Americans would never riot?

What riots?
https://twitter.com/kieroncg/status/1266569024491716609?s=20
I think the car just had an underlying heart condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Just dump my body in the woods and let nature take it's course

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Safety Factor posted:

Remember when that weird Aussie was in here ranting about how Americans would never riot?

Don't recall

Current Periscope from outside the white house:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypKdQZPjaqGW

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

morestuff posted:

This appears to be a trailer Shane Carruth mocked up for A Topiary using footage from other films and some of his special effects tests. I’m still incredibly sad we never got this movie

https://twitter.com/upstreamcolor/status/1266186030740172800?s=21

I liked Primer and loved Upstream Color and it makes me really sad that even a cavalcade of director friends couldn't get Shane Carruth a 5-10 million budget for a movie. He sounded extremely annoyed and over it in that recent interview he did.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

feedmyleg posted:

What if I want to be cremated (or just rolled into the nearest ditch) but I also want a rad spooky statue put up in a nice park somewhere with my name on it?

In my local park there's a statue of Diogenes dedicated to some guy and it's like, how much of an rear end in a top hat during life do you have to be to get that done?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

In my local park there's a statue of Diogenes dedicated to some guy and it's like, how much of an rear end in a top hat during life do you have to be to get that done?

Life goals.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coffee And Pie posted:

My plan has been, bury me in a tuxedo and top hat for future archaeologists, because who doesn’t love a skeleton in a top hat?

Failing that, I’d like to be a cherry tree, so years down the line some young lovers can have a picnic under my shade and one might pluck an apple off my branch for a treat...and at that moment my grandkids will pop out of a nearby bush and yell “what are you doing? You’re eating my grandpa!!”

A cherry tree that grows apples? Interesting tree you got there, friend.

LesterGroans posted:

I liked Primer and loved Upstream Color and it makes me really sad that even a cavalcade of director friends couldn't get Shane Carruth a 5-10 million budget for a movie. He sounded extremely annoyed and over it in that recent interview he did.

A Topiary in the form I read it did not deserve to be made into a film without very substantial rewriting.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

therattle posted:

A Topiary in the form I read it did not deserve to be made into a film without very substantial rewriting.
90% of movies released in the last decade were less "deserving" of being made than whatever Carruth has been cooking up imo

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
When I die I want to have all my assets liquidated into gold bullion and buried with me in a custom spring-loaded coffin. One last good scare, and a prize for the courageous!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Anonymous Robot posted:

When I die I want to have all my assets liquidated into gold bullion and buried with me in a custom spring-loaded coffin. One last good scare, and a prize for the courageous!

just a badass skeleton with a baller grill

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

just a badass skeleton with a baller grill

Putting on the skeleton’s cursed grill has to be an anthology short somewhere

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Skwirl posted:

What riots?
https://twitter.com/kieroncg/status/1266569024491716609?s=20
I think the car just had an underlying heart condition

If the car's tank wasn't filled with gas it wouldn't have gone up like that. If anything, the cops should be charged with arson.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coaaab posted:

90% of movies released in the last decade were less "deserving" of being made than whatever Carruth has been cooking up imo

Have you read the script? A lot of not-good movies at least start with a decent script (or at least a script that people think is decent before it gets made). The feeling we got at the time was that everyone was making the same comments on the script and Carruthers (or maybe the producer attached to the project) was dismissing them all.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
When I die set my body on fire and throw it into a police station.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
So is The Hunt worth watching at all? The trailer looked pretty dumb, but dumb action/horror that's fun is right in my wheelhouse. Tonally, I did not like The Purge poo poo at all so I don't know how similar this is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The politics/attempts at satire are godawful and embarrassing but the action is pretty good, especially at the end.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ariza posted:

So is The Hunt worth watching at all? The trailer looked pretty dumb, but dumb action/horror that's fun is right in my wheelhouse. Tonally, I did not like The Purge poo poo at all so I don't know how similar this is.

well, if you didn't like the Purge series, then a movie all about how pizzagate is actually extra-real and can only be stopped by white people exercising the second amendment against sissy liberal bitches will probably be extremely your poo poo

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Just watch Ready or Not you cowards

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ready or Not > The Hunt

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 30, 2020

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah I just bought that on Prime even though I've been heavily spoilered already. I doubt any spoilers would even make me want to watch The Hunted, poo poo sounds dire.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Ariza posted:

Did you see The First Purge (the film titled The First Purge not the first film in the series) because that movie rules and is by far the best entry in the series. It's also uncomfortably similar to things that are happening right now.

Coffee And Pie posted:

This is always the correct answer. That movie rules and didn't get anywhere near the attention it should have.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if you didn't gather it from my post: i loving hated The Hunt and it's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a live-action Ben Garrison cartoon

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
So every scene has tons of labels?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Ironic how that was the one conservatives got up in arms about when Ready or Not and the Purge series are right there.

Here’s a question: what is the most apolitical horror movie? And would that disqualify it from being good?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It’s been extremely fun watching the writer of the Purge series get obviously radicalized as the years went on.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Coffee And Pie posted:

Ironic how that was the one conservatives got up in arms about when Ready or Not and the Purge series are right there.

Here’s a question: what is the most apolitical horror movie? And would that disqualify it from being good?

Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich or maybe Bone Tomahawk. We all know what apolitical means nowadays.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Coffee And Pie posted:

The original Halloween is probably a solid contender. You can read it politically, but it's not really the intuitive or obvious way to look at it, and it's so deliberately minimalist with regards to external context to its central conflict that you could read it more or less in any direction you wanted to.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

im in my living room on my couch with a pistol down by my feet and stockcharts on my laptop screen and i just had a piercing moment of self-awareness that i am become a libertarian

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
The Purge wasn't fun at all. Watching horror poo poo that isn't fun doesn't entertain me. That's all I meant by tone.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ariza posted:

The Purge wasn't fun at all. Watching horror poo poo that isn't fun doesn't entertain me. That's all I meant by tone.

if you're just talking about the first movie, the series immediately goes through a drastic retool into a somewhat campy action thing with hard-left politics, and i usually tell people to just straight up skip the first movie and start with Anarchy.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

married but discreet posted:

Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich or maybe Bone Tomahawk. We all know what apolitical means nowadays.

Werner von Braun agrees

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
Took some shrooms with my wife and watching Mandy (her first time).

It was strange; we just watched the scene with the sleeping bag and we were talking about the intense feelings it gave us and then he said “cheddar goblin” in that deadpan mumble and we just started cracking up.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Really good letter to American protestors from a guy that was in the protests in Egypt 2011-2013

https://twitter.com/cosmonautmag/status/1266905662354649088?s=21

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Bruce Willis looks so tired nowadays because nobody writes dialogue like this for him anymore

https://twitter.com/NoConViolence/status/1267042004434903040?s=20

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

which one of you is this?

https://twitter.com/kmartcrackhead/status/1267123328898211840?s=21

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Apropos nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkmdYsxYJng

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Brb dying for Cheers the official bar of the tv show

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

Brb dying for Cheers the official bar of the tv show

Dying because you unsuccessfully tried killing for it, you mean.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Also he deleted this one:

http://archive.is/gvMgv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Man, I hope the kicked him in the nuts.