Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Remember when Loup just kind of shunted Jones into orbit and goons in this thread were all "that's not physically possible", and Tom's response was "too bad"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
God tomorrow is going to be the worst cliffhanger, I just know it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Remember when Loup just kind of shunted Jones into orbit and goons in this thread were all "that's not physically possible", and Tom's response was "too bad"?

Maybe Coyote knows more about orbital mechanics than you do.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Podima posted:

God tomorrow is going to be the worst cliffhanger, I just know it.

Someone in this thread three days a week.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm pretty sure I have posted that for the past two Fridays in a row

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

bird phase

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I agree Kat, birds are cute.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... The bird fetish thing she had a few years ago led to this plot point. HA HA HA HA.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 29, 2020

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

:goleft: :goleft:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I concur.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

God, was the chapter where she had a thing with a boy who then turned into a bird... purposeful setup for the origin of the Tic-Tocs?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ditocoaf posted:

God, was the chapter where she had a thing with a boy who then turned into a bird... purposeful setup for the origin of the Tic-Tocs?

I believe it was yes. That's why I'm laughing my rear end off. We'll see how the story handles it when it comes to the actual time travel. But "yeah, made these bird time machines to save you. Kinda inspired by my bird boyfriend. Looks handsome right?" Is just the most amazing payoff from a random story line from so many years ago.

So thrilled. Little moments like these are why I follow this story.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 29, 2020

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Kat, like all proper gods, exists outside of Time and can perceive all moments at once.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh that explains why it doesn't look like her modern stuff NEVER MIND.

Also one of her sketches is the symbol of the tic-tocs that the robots have on their banners.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Again, someone on Reddit with a better memory for details than I has noticed something...

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Do you-- not actually read this thread at all?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no one should be reading the something awful forums for any reason.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Did we ever establish why it also had an antimony symbol?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

At this rate we may as well just name the bird Rocky.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reddit is days behind this very thread I guess

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

As someone who maybe likes birds, yes, I agree. It's pretty handsome.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

between the time loops and Coyote editing, what is 'truth' anyway

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ronya posted:

A miserable pile of lies.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

ronya posted:

Interesting. I forgot that if Annie had died, Coyote and Ysengrin would never have visited. Coyote's visit involved dropping the seeds, a major part of his grand plan whose current stage is, "be dead inside of Loup." That means Annie being saved was necessary for Coyote's grand plan, which means Kat's ascension to godhood could very well have been manipulated by Coyote in some way.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ronya posted:

I don't understand the contradiction you think you've found here.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wittgen posted:

Interesting. I forgot that if Annie had died, Coyote and Ysengrin would never have visited. Coyote's visit involved dropping the seeds, a major part of his grand plan whose current stage is, "be dead inside of Loup." That means Annie being saved was necessary for Coyote's grand plan, which means Kat's ascension to godhood could very well have been manipulated by Coyote in some way.

Eh, it wouldn't have been too hard to find some reason for Ysengrin to visit the court easier than 'manipulate a girl into becoming a time-god'.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

MikeJF posted:

Eh, it wouldn't have been too hard to find some reason for Ysengrin to visit the court easier than 'manipulate a girl into becoming a time-god'.

Not if Kat's ascension is either the end goal of Coyote's plan or some essential component to it.

I'll admit that Annie dying on the bridge would have had so many ripple effects that a link between Coyote's plan and Kat's development is not strong evidence. I just hadn't considered that they might be linked, but the post made me consider the possibility.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's not necessary for Kat to be the time traveler. Coyote, or someone with Coyote's abilities, could send tic-tocs across dimensions himself to save Annie because he wants her to be alive.

The robots don't believe that the Angel is omnipotent.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The comic made a huge scene when revealing the selective aspect of Ysengrin's memory; if Ysengrin and Coyote are the only ones who knew about it, Coyote is the only one who knew about it. Ysengrin just had to find it again at a more convenient time.

That's all I think of how those two strips relate. Coyote's a schemer but he's not omniscient.

Edit: And that's assuming Ysengrin didn't just lie.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 29, 2020

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Coyote is omniscient, but he chooses not to be because it would be boring. Such is his power.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Wittgen posted:

Not if Kat's ascension is either the end goal of Coyote's plan or some essential component to it.

I wonder if coyote's plan to "defeat" the court is to prod Kat along until she makes machines that are identical to nature, and thus begins spreading nature throughout the court. He doesn't want to beat the court by forcing nature into them, but instead by tricking them into turning themselves into nature.

E: granted coyote's never seemed that against technology, he doesn't seem to hate it or anything. I actually am not very confident in his opinion of the court in general. Loup is more than happy to destroy it, but I don't know if coyote wants to.

E2: alternate plan, coyote wants to k ow what it's like to go up against a God that he himself didn't make

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 30, 2020

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Coyote is omniscient, but he chooses not to be because it would be boring. Such is his power.

Or perhaps whenever he learns something, he can suddenly always have known it just because he feels like it.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't understand the contradiction you think you've found here.

There isn't one. Annie really falls to her death, then timey wimey balls happen, then Coyote retroactively sends Ysengrin to bury the bird and eat both Red and Ayilu, just a few minutes after new-timeline-Kat picks up Annie and Shadow in the antigravity machine. Then Coyote wipes Ysengrin's memory of doing so. Then Coyote sends Ysengrin out again months later to recover the bird and go start a ruckus with the Court

Ysengrin is telling the truth there - it really is what they originally heard

I suppose the next few strips will explain backward time travel... maybe also Kat's realization that she might have been just plucking an Annie from another timeline. Endless Annies.

ronya fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 30, 2020

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
New retrospective, covering the chapter with the Arbiter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCN0FeP7qQ

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Very timely, all things considered!

Man, these videos are only five chapters behind the comic now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just realized we're still in the same chapter that started with Idra/Eglamore and the lake water getting snatched. This is a really major one huh

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Tenebrais posted:

Very timely, all things considered!

Man, these videos are only five chapters behind the comic now.

Soon we will run out. Then he has to either show up unreleased content, or start making retrospectives on the retrospectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I hope The Breakout's retrospective's retrospective is even longer.