Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Grendels Dad posted:

Man, I hope the kicked him in the nuts.

He got hosed up pretty good. https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/video-dallas-man-stoned-with-rocks-by-crowd-of-looters/

Looked like some dude whacked him in the head with a skateboard while he was on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He stabbed someone, he's lucky to be breathing.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Actually here's a better one (cut off in the embed, it's a sequence of 6):

https://twitter.com/SpillaneTPostre/status/1267163472191774722

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I expected him to be dead after that mobbing, dude got hosed up good.

I guess we should be happy guys like him and the wannabe Hawkeye in Salt Lake haven't been running around with guns thus far.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Near as I can tell the only violence done by protesters has been in self defense. (Property damage is vandalism, not violence)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, he's a real piece of poo poo too based on his tweets that have either been deleted or are locked behind his now private twitter account lmao. What a loving coward.

[edit]

Laughing Zealot posted:

I expected him to be dead after that mobbing, dude got hosed up good.

I guess we should be happy guys like him and the wannabe Hawkeye in Salt Lake haven't been running around with guns thus far.

I chuckled when I saw why #legolas #hawkeye and #katnisseverdeen were trending yesterday. Fucker was interviewed afterward with a bloodied face, trying to play the victim too lmao. Shoot protesters with arrows, got beat the gently caress up and car torched and toppled. Play stupid games, etc.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 31, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

He shouldn't be.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Well at the very least that guy has been permanently disabused of his dumb power fantasies and ahahahahahahahahaha

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
ive been scolded in my dms for making fun of him cause he’s autistic (???)

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Looks like the roman legionary and his rear end whooping got the attention of the orange cheeto.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Laughing Zealot posted:

Looks like the roman legionary and his rear end whooping got the attention of the orange cheeto.

Let me guess, he put him into his cabinet.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Let me guess, he put him into his cabinet.

Not that bad yet but I've got a funny feeling that Trump has more sympathy for him than for George Floyd.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I'm also autistic and somehow I've managed not to commit any hate crimes. The most vicious attacks you can expect out of me are lengthy rants about people who own a Crosley turntable. The mere implication that this man's behavior is a product of ASD or should otherwise because excused because he's on the spectrum is loving disgusting.

Anyway, as if we're not in a Verhoeven movie enough check out this picture of people protesting outside of OCP headquarters.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Laughing Zealot posted:

Not that bad yet but I've got a funny feeling that Trump has more sympathy for him than for George Floyd.

100% he does. loving infuriating.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is he even autistic though? I know he had @autisticmercury in his twitter bio, but that could just mean he's an anti-vaccer.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

CPL593H posted:

I'm also autistic and somehow I've managed not to commit any hate crimes. The most vicious attacks you can expect out of me are lengthy rants about people who own a Crosley turntable. The mere implication that this man's behavior is a product of ASD or should otherwise because excused because he's on the spectrum is loving disgusting.

Anyway, as if we're not in a Verhoeven movie enough check out this picture of people protesting outside of OCP headquarters.

That was exactly my point! I’ve got mad haters in my twitter group dms.

Also, i dont even think he’s autistic, the blog he writes for, autisticmercury, is a neoreactionary redpill ironybro site. It looks like its for the kind of dudes that think Varg isnt dorky enough.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

teagone posted:

He got hosed up pretty good. https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/video-dallas-man-stoned-with-rocks-by-crowd-of-looters/

Looked like some dude whacked him in the head with a skateboard while he was on the ground.

Lol, I can't believe someone actually managed to get in "You ain't so bad without your sword" right before the vid cut out.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’m watching the two towers on a really nice tv and I don’t know what setting is on but it’s really making me notice that this scrawny guy is just a special effect

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I’m watching the two towers on a really nice tv and I don’t know what setting is on but it’s really making me notice that this scrawny guy is just a special effect

It probably has motion smoothing enabled, almost all tvs do by default.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Skwirl posted:

It probably has motion smoothing enabled, almost all tvs do by default.

It's also making the day for night shooting blindingly obvious, like comically so.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah blu-rays ruined matte paintings in old movies.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m down with vandalism but fires make me nervous bc I get worried about more innocent people getting hurt

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDIgS-Soo9Q

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Finally got around to watching Gone Girl. Great movie, and now I have a crush on Rosamund Pike.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Hughmoris posted:

Finally got around to watching Gone Girl. Great movie, and now I have a crush on Rosamund Pike.

I love her in that movie, the cool girl monologue is perfect.

Ben Affleck, NPH, and Tyler Perry are also phenomenal, but she’s far and away the best.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Blu-rays make the incredible artistry of matte paintings shine.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Also, i dont even think he’s autistic, the blog he writes for, autisticmercury, is a neoreactionary redpill ironybro site. It looks like its for the kind of dudes that think Varg isnt dorky enough.

Also a diff type of bro.

https://mobile.twitter.com/woot_master/status/1267236074155204610

Calaveron posted:

One time we marathoned the extended trilogy on my friend's tv. She refused to turn off the supermotion and it nearly ruined the 14-hour experience. Every special effect and green screen became obvious. The scene where Frodo and Sam first witness the oliphants marching through the forest was the worst case. The foreground and background suddenly contrasted and made the barrier between them obvious, like a tv screen on a themepark ride.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I am so sick of people's dipshit takes on ASD. I'm not directing that at you, it's just a thing I always want to yell about. I went to that website and it has not a goddamn thing to do with the spectrum it's just and edgelord dipshit name.

Lurdiak posted:

Sometimes. But not always. It's common for people to complain about the seams (not always literally) being visible on old movies. But that doesn't bother me because it's just a sort of record of that era's film making. I mean there is definitely stuff I think looks like poo poo, but that stuff probably always looked like poo poo. But seeing the boxes around the TIE Fighters or the strings lifting up cars or robots or spaceships are just what a movie was at that time. It's no less magical.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

Sometimes. But not always. It's common for people to complain about the seams (not always literally) being visible on old movies. But that doesn't bother me because it's just a sort of record of that era's film making. I mean there is definitely stuff I think looks like poo poo, but that stuff probably always looked like poo poo. But seeing the boxes around the TIE Fighters or the strings lifting up cars or robots or spaceships are just what a movie was at that time. It's no less magical.

Oh sure I love seeing the work put into all those old movies and I think it makes them in many ways more charming and valuable than modern ones where all the same effects are just done with thousands of hours of computer animation done by people who never even met the cast and crew. I'm just saying it ruins the illusion, what used to be seamless now has no chance of fooling the eye.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/joshuaclov3r/status/1267322046645583878

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Oh sure I love seeing the work put into all those old movies and I think it makes them in many ways more charming and valuable than modern ones where all the same effects are just done with thousands of hours of computer animation done by people who never even met the cast and crew. I'm just saying it ruins the illusion, what used to be seamless now has no chance of fooling the eye.

That makes sense. However, talking poo poo about Blade because of the goofy CGI at the end of the movie makes you a bad movie because Blade is a masterpiece.

HOLY poo poo.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I love her in that movie, the cool girl monologue is perfect.

Ben Affleck, NPH, and Tyler Perry are also phenomenal, but she’s far and away the best.

The casting in that film is basically perfect. Ben Affleck absolutely nails the poo poo-eating grin during the press conference as it's described in the book.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I keep expecting Donald Glover to dance into frame.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
mildly surprised that nobody has posted this one here yet:

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/1267427670532534276

e: CineD Genchat: That Star Wars movie got you lot all the way hosed up.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

mildly surprised that nobody has posted this one here yet:

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/1267427670532534276

e: CineD Genchat: That Star Wars movie got you lot all the way hosed up.

He deleted it but this is the tweet. CW: for his use of a racial slur. Also everyone should be following Ice-T on twitter right now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

Oh sure I love seeing the work put into all those old movies and I think it makes them in many ways more charming and valuable than modern ones where all the same effects are just done with thousands of hours of computer animation done by people who never even met the cast and crew.

This feels like a false equivalence. I'm pretty sure the casts of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and RoboCop (to use two famous matte painting examples) never met Matt Yuricich or Rocco Gioffre.

Also, you're missed in the horror Discord. Very much so.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I know it's probably not mentally healthy but the Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack sure fits the mood of the world right now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I know it's probably not mentally healthy but the Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack sure fits the mood of the world right now

Current models show a 90% chance that Hurricane Amanda will cross over Central America and start restrengthening in the Gulf of Mexico in the next two days.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Given that he stabbed a dude and then posted about it, Graves.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I'm split between this or The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nyman or bust.

Loop Memorial 10 times and stare off into the distance.