Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
I've spent the last week and a bit watching before the 90 days. This is my first time watching this or any 90 day series at all. This poo poo is crazy. There's so much filler / repeat scenes with it being cut for TV. But I now completely get the appeal.

Are most seasons full of couples this awful? I initially was hopeful for a couple of them, at least Stephanie and Erika, then my god they were all so bad. Avery seems like a nice lady and I had a lil crush on Erika. It was so sad to see her stifled with Stephanie around. Good on her friends

Bonus: I was once married to an American to stay with them (in America) so it's extra fun for me that way. I was much less exploited than most of these foreign women yikes. America was a step down and I left a long time ago

WhyteRyce posted:

Also after all of that about her illness and how she could die flying did Stephanie fly back without a mask?

I hope not, of all the things to not bring yourself, but that's what the edit looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

My wife who makes me watch My 600 Lb Life with her because of all the snarky comments I make came up with one on her own. She remarked that Baby Girl Lisa looks like ET when he's in the basket of Elliott's bike when she's covered up. That's really good for her.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Also lol at David for repeatedly trying to get Lana drunk and her sticking with loving grapefruit juice for dinner

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

WhyteRyce posted:

Also lol at David for repeatedly trying to get Lana drunk and her sticking with loving grapefruit juice for dinner

He should have taken the hint when she took him to the friendzone arch on their date.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
DAVID: So, I'd really like for you to come to my hotel room.
LANA: I think we should wait.
DAVID: Okay, that's cool.
LANA: *enigmatic smile*
*five minutes later*
DAVID: Sooooo I'd really like for you to come to my hotel room.
LANA: *slightly less enigmatic smile*

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Rat posted:

I've spent the last week and a bit watching before the 90 days. This is my first time watching this or any 90 day series at all. This poo poo is crazy. There's so much filler / repeat scenes with it being cut for TV. But I now completely get the appeal.

Are most seasons full of couples this awful? I initially was hopeful for a couple of them, at least Stephanie and Erika, then my god they were all so bad. Avery seems like a nice lady and I had a lil crush on Erika. It was so sad to see her stifled with Stephanie around. Good on her friends

Bonus: I was once married to an American to stay with them (in America) so it's extra fun for me that way. I was much less exploited than most of these foreign women yikes. America was a step down and I left a long time ago

I hope not, of all the things to not bring yourself, but that's what the edit looks like

This season's people were next-level terrible, minus Avery and Rose. Usually they're bad, but not THIS bad, I mean..for gently caress's sake, there was a mutiple-time domestic abuser/rapist who used his kids as drug mules on this season.

And in other news, someone asked Tariq if Dean getting suspended over the Tim joke was true, and he said that it never got that far, and then posted this on his Instagram. So I guess that answers that, and why Dean said that he and Tariq don't talk anymore on the Quarantine show:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I have some questions about Love After Lockup.

I am sorry if they are stupid/naive.

So Ericka/Stephanie was 90 Day Fiancee's first same sex coupling? Have there been any gay/lesbian couples on Love after Lockup?

And on Love after Lockup, do they focus on mainly male prisoners, or are there also female convicts looking for love on the outside? Coz the power/gender dynamic is most certainly different if it's a male ex-con getting out to meet the woman of his dreams, as opposed to a female ex-con doing the same and meeting a man. Both are fertile breeding grounds for crazy, trainwreck TV, but they are both different, and one is more dangerous than the other.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

There are multiple female ex-cons, and iirc 2 where gay/bi.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Varya yelling about panties and literally saying MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY is funny as gently caress because the whole thing was clearly staged

Ed's mom remains the MVP of my heart.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm pretty sure David's bowling date and the kiss for a strike gamble was also attempted by me in 7th grade, to similarly disastrous results.

Geoffrey is such a piece of poo poo it's insane. Dude's very obviously hard as a rock every time he says something like "Yeah so guys I kind of have two women after me! Can you believe it?"

Please end Darcey's story. There's no entertainment value in two very obviously broken women crying at a grave site, it's just depressing to see people self-destruct on TV without production giving them any kind of professional that that they so obviously need.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008
Also, the way he told Varya that the thing wrong with her showing up at his door was the timing is a pretty clear sign that if Mary weren't there, he'd try to keep loving both of them and stringing them along. He is such a piece of poo poo.

I kinda think Darcy's run her course for me. It's always the same poo poo with her. Meet some guy, instantly fall in "love", cry when they don't propose on the first date. Get more plastic surgery. Repeat. It's just sad, and I'm tired of her.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

We Got Us A Bread posted:

This season's people were next-level terrible, minus Avery and Rose. Usually they're bad, but not THIS bad, I mean..for gently caress's sake, there was a mutiple-time domestic abuser/rapist who used his kids as drug mules on this season.

No love for Erika? No human is perfect, she seems like she's a genuinely good person with a lot going on. I loved get family and friends. She had it suffocated by Stephanie. And the reveal Stephanie gave about shark diving, I muttered "are you loving kidding me right now"

I agree Avery and Rose are great and sucks that their Americans were total duds

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rat posted:

No love for Erika? No human is perfect, she seems like she's a genuinely good person with a lot going on. I loved get family and friends. She had it suffocated by Stephanie. And the reveal Stephanie gave about shark diving, I muttered "are you loving kidding me right now"

I agree Avery and Rose are great and sucks that their Americans were total duds

Erika owned - good fashion sense, cool parents, knows a guy with access to a boomerang, etc.

She also seriously gave Stephanie way more chances than I would have in her position, she's a freaking saint.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Rose and Ericka came out of this season looking good and that is honestly a feat.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

BrigadierSensible posted:

And on Love after Lockup, do they focus on mainly male prisoners, or are there also female convicts looking for love on the outside?

Hoo boy, look up the crazy eyed Air Force guy (Vince) and his scheme to "adopt" prisoners. The adopted convict's name was Puppy, her former cellie/wifey (Amber) connected with Vince (who told Amber a fake name (!?) when they started talking). Vince cleaaarly does not have the the physical attributes Amber wants in a partner (a vagina). Amber's mom is still in jail. IIRC Amber and Puppy and Puppy's mom had a plan for Amber and Puppy to find a man/men to take care of them. IIDRC, that was the theory someone else (Vince?) put forward.

Thora fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 26, 2020

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Didn’t Vince have some vaguely government related job that he wouldn’t specify, and hinted that he was some kind of secret agent?

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Deadite posted:

Didn’t Vince have some vaguely government related job that he wouldn’t specify, and hinted that he was some kind of secret agent?

Yeah, I should have included Rainbow Brite on that list. I think I subconsciously block out anything to do with Stephanie.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Deadite posted:

Being involved in some marriage scam scheme with convicts is a great way to lose your clearance (assuming he ever had one which is unlikely)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why is Daniel so much smarter than Tiffany? We are all the kids smarter than their parents?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Why is Daniel so much smarter than Tiffany? We are all the kids smarter than their parents?

The kids still know the difference between reality and "BUT I WAAAAAAANNNNNNT THIIIIISSSS" because it's a skill they have to practice all the time.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
No idea if it'll make it into the tell-all but David gets asked why he's been talking only on the site for years and he claims that he would be breaking US Law by trying to talk to her any other way.

Naturally the rest of the cast immediately tell him that he's wrong but he won't have it and thinks the others just don't understand law. He cites IMBRA, which is a law that protects women and men from domestic abusers who are applying for K1 Visas and who are using international dating services.

I wonder if this is something the website tells people to keep them from taking it off-site (and losing those translation fees). Most would just give a cursory glance at it without realising.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Hoo boy, look up the crazy eyed Air Force guy (Vince) and his scheme to "adopt" prisoners. The adopted convict's name was Puppy, her former cellie/wifey (Amber) connected with Vince (who told Amber a fake name (!?) when they started talking). Vince cleaaarly does not have the the physical attributes Amber wants in a partner (a vagina). Amber's mom is still in jail. IIRC Amber and Puppy and Puppy's mom had a plan for Amber and Puppy to find a man/men to take care of them. IIDRC, that was the theory someone else (Vince?) put forward.

omg I forgot all about that storyline!!! I'm going to need to re-watch everything because I really only remember the nerd con person with face tattoos, the love triangle with the cam girl, and guy dating the older lady who he missed his first parole check-in for sleeping with another lady.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

There is also the lady abducting her ex-con BF to Utah, the relatively normal lady with boyfriend that got married and then got into a custody battle over her other kids with the ex, the absolute deadbeat shitheel that was two timing both his gf/fiance and his other gf (and iirc there was also a 3rd girl at some point).

That whole Vince thing was a great trainwreck though, he got scammed by 2 scammers; but he also kinda started writing prisoners to marry/date them for spousal benefits.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
No wonder Mary loves Geoffrey so much, she has previous for domestic violence.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAwO8ukD-gU/?igshid=qqyj6fq0wxr

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 29, 2020

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

No pot is so crooked a lid wont fit it :allears:

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
David’s new hat is the best reveal on this show

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Geoffrey is just such a turd I can barely handle it. The joy he seems to take in jerking Mary around is so awful. Also Mary is as fine as wine and I hope she develops a sense of dignity and gives up on American Psycho (this will never happen).
Ive watched several seasons of 90 Day at this point David might be my favourite of all time other than insane piano rental guy. My top 5 David moments are as follows:
1)Bowling for a kiss montage with lovely 50s style rock music and Lana gurning
2)"You sir are fired"
3)"Add this to my case file" w/ smug smile
4)Duster Coat reveal and initial meeting
5)Russian hat reveal

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Holy poo poo everybody at Usman’s wedding looks so sad :lol:

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
So is Usman basically a one hit wonder?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

2DCAT posted:

and guy dating the older lady who he missed his first parole check-in for sleeping with another lady.

And she fell for "I love you, I screwed up" and is still falling for it afaik. He also declined a "fresh out of prison for less than an hour" blowjob. For someone with a MEd specializing in counseling, she's not so good with red flags and "he's just not that in to you".

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Cyril Sneer posted:

So is Usman basically a one hit wonder?

Until his new hit “Husband with a white woman” drops

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

His next hit is going to be an after divorce diss track.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Uggh can we just end Darcey's storyline already. She/her sister just aren't engaging at all.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Cyril Sneer posted:

Uggh can we just end Darcey's storyline already. She/her sister just aren't engaging at all.

Aren’t they supposed to get their own show?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Baby Girl Lisa’s mouth looks like Yoda’s mouth and I can’t unsee it

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

My top 5 David moments are as follows:
1)Bowling for a kiss montage with lovely 50s style rock music and Lana gurning
2)"You sir are fired"
4)Duster Coat reveal and initial meeting
5)Russian hat reveal

Beep beep! Move on over Bowling Montage cause we get a new #1! It’s the shot of David’s leather duster belt caught in the car door as he drives off

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm such a goof I flipped over to CNN for 2 seconds and missed the David duster door damage. Manhattan appears to have devolved into Escape From New York and yet this episode of 90 Day was the biggest disaster televised so far tonight. Varya also appears to be really terrible. I'm seeing the half baked puppet master schtick emerge and I would be heading for the hills if I was a normal human being i.e not Geoffrey. I may be slightly biased because I love Mary. I cant wait to see the reunion. I didnt have it in me to watch the unedited version but I have a deep abiding faith that TLC will edit it to be as offensive to everyone involved as possible.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

See, this is why they invented TiVo, so you don't have to miss these things.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

I wish they hadn't cut the part where he thoughtfully composed "And By The way, Lana says HIIIII, NOT!!!!!!!!"